• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Smokey Bones said:
OH SNAP

I seriously forgot about Resistance when Motorstorm released..

Anybody getting anything together tonight?

Yeah, we have clan nights every Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Hasn't changed.

lunlunqq

Last night, the GAF clan invented a new type of deadly weapon. It is a noise weapon that can be used on the staging screen. It will cause members of the other team to have anxiety, nausea, headache, and all other kinds of symptom. Some research even indicate that exposing to the noise for a considerable amount of time would cause permanent brain damage. Any GAF clan member who has not mastered this weapon should enter a training session ASAP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bumped for teh new page.
angry.gif

owned.jpg

GET TEH ****ING NODES!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! FLYING WEDGE + INCESSANT TONE-DEAF HUMMING = RECIPE FOR SUCCESS!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Darobga

Just wanted to let everyone know I want in on the action tonight! I'll be on PSN ID - Darobga. I PMed for a clan invite but havent got one yet. I have a headset :D

Aeon712

I'm such a Resistance Whore, I'm gonna hate myself in the morning but I couldn't resist. Good games tonight, and Click all they wanted was a Game Battle :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game is great but kaching still has to invite me to the clan. How can i see what other GAF ID`s are in the meantime to join matches?

Kittonwy

Banned
*sigh* Another brutal two round loss in Breach, we need to have a better strategy than " Are we going to rush their base?" because the smart teams will simply take the time to get the nodes one by one then completely destroy us. That said, we put up a MUCH better fight in the second round, overall it was a good night.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

Bumped into Click last night in Thames (He's another night owl I guess), decided to see how folks are doing.

Thanks guys for the games... it's been a while since I played with the Clan. Have been doing ranked Deathmatches on my own because of weird playing hours.

The Jer

Kittonwy said:
*sigh* Another brutal two round loss in Breach, we need to have a better strategy than " Are we going to rush their base?" because the smart teams will simply take the time to get the nodes one by one then completely destroy us. That said, we put up a MUCH better fight in the second round, overall it was a good night.
Indifferent2.gif

I don't believe we rushed the base on that one, we were actually going for the nodes. We were kind of all over the place without a unified strategy, though.

It was actually kind of nice to loose a Nottingham-Breach, in a way. Kind of a refresher, in a wierd way. It also showed the importance of having the key offensive/defensive nodes (alpha, echo, delta - on almost every map).

Kittonwy

Banned
The Jer said:
I don't believe we rushed the base on that one, we were actually going for the nodes. We were kind of all over the place without a unified strategy, though.

It was actually kind of nice to loose a Nottingham-Breach, in a way. Kind of a refresher, in a wierd way. It also showed the importance of having the key offensive/defensive nodes (alpha, echo, delta - on almost every map).

That's true, especially for Nottingham where nodes like alpha and delta are so important.

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
Bumped into Click last night in Thames (He's another night owl I guess), decided to see how folks are doing.

Thanks guys for the games... it's been a while since I played with the Clan. Have been doing ranked Deathmatches on my own because of weird playing hours.

You need to give your PS3 a rest sometime and power it down, let it rest once in a while. It's like your PS3 is on 24/7, poor thing.
Indifferent2.gif

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
patsu said:

you play the same time I do, but I can't never seem to get you to get into my party :(

patsu

Kittonwy said:
You need to give your PS3 a rest sometime and power it down, let it rest once in a while. It's like your PS3 is on 24/7, poor thing.
Indifferent2.gif

:lol Don't worry. I can swap my PS3 with a new one for free. I'm interested to find out if I can keep it on for 1 year (especially after Home is released).

g35twinturbo said:
you play the same time I do, but I can't never seem to get you to get into my party :(

That's because I play for 1 game, then lay off for minutes or hours, and then pick up the controller again... very erratic. I left my PS3 unattended in the game lobby these days. When Home is released, I'll become a real NPC there. :D

Fady K said:
Im playing through the story mode for the first time now. Really good stuff!!

Hey remember to add me to your friends list. My ID is zombiepulse. Anyone else feel free to add me as well; I'm finally getting decent at the game and will be online pretty soon.

sutdawg

The Jer said:

I kind of know what you're saying about losing a breach game at Nottingham, it was strange but after the game I was like WOW that was actually really fun and we got schooled!

Anyone want a Game Battle?:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
I kind of know what you're saying about losing a breach game at Nottingham, it was strange but after the game I was like WOW that was actually really fun and we got schooled!

Anyone want a Game Battle?:lol

What the hell is a Game Battle? LOL.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
I really enjoyed defending our base during that Nottingham Breach game. Me and SleazyC (although there were more people defending) were back and forth both rounds yelling at everyone which tunnels the enemy were streaming through. It was great!!

We lost, and that sucks, but it was still fun. Now I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a complete ownage, and what it's like not being able to leave your base. Hahahahh.

Have to say though, we need to improve our strategies for Breach games. The clan we played against proved we're not performing as well as we could be.

careksims

Yes. The Clan that we played at least had 1-2 defenders at the crucial nodes. It was interesting seeing our struggle. I have to play smarter ;_;

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i look forward to playing that clan again :D

its not too often where we have a really really tough match especially Nottingham-Breach.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
We lost, and that sucks, but it was still fun. Now I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a complete ownage, and what it's like not being able to leave your base. Hahahahh.
I always seem to miss the awesome loses when I bail early, and those vow guys were funny. After I fed Click to them he must've called them weaksauce or something cause thats when their constant gamebattle messages turned into we suck messages:lol. I prob have messages waiting for me next time I sign in.

The quest for a 1.00 kill/death ration is at 40kills now, I'm sooo close. Stupid noob start has really screwed me over.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I always seem to miss the awesome loses when I bail early, and those vow guys were funny. After I fed Click to them he must've called them weaksauce or something cause thats when their constant gamebattle messages turned into we suck messages:lol. I prob have messages waiting for me next time I sign in.

The quest for a 1.00 kill/death ration is at 40kills now, I'm sooo close. Stupid noob start has really screwed me over.

I'm not even close to 1.0 k/d at this point, I don't even bother trying for it anymore, especially when we play meltdown where I would rather just keep rushing a node knowing I would get shot up just to keep two or three guys on the opposing team busy at a node while I know some other people are going to capture key nodes elsewhere. Every team objective game I've played I'm below 1.0 k/d, as long as the team wins, that's pretty much all I care about at this point.
Indifferent2.gif

ghostmind

Kittonwy said:
I'm not even close to 1.0 k/d at this point, I don't even bother trying for it anymore, especially when we play meltdown where I would rather just keep rushing a node knowing I would get shot up just to keep two or three guys on the opposing team busy at a node while I know some other people are going to capture key nodes elsewhere. Every team objective game I've played I'm below 1.0 k/d, as long as the team wins, that's pretty much all I care about at this point.
Indifferent2.gif

That's where I am at too... I've lost many lives on maintaining a pounding rush against opponent nodes - but I am in it for the team win anyway...

careksims

ghostmind said:
That's where I am at too... I've lost many lives on maintaining a pounding rush against opponent nodes - but I am in it for the team win anyway...

I agree if it's to distract the other team players long enough for any of you to finish them off, I'll do it for Objective games.

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Hey I'm right there on the front lines fighting also, I just play differently on meltdown games. I usually don't finish on the score card since we all get the same experiance so instead of going for the node capture I let other people shoot it while I cover them. Good example was that meltdown game we lost where we were trying to get Kilo I think it was and we kept dying so I suggested we group up and wedge it but nobody listened :( so I waited for Tanod? and Click, they attacked and got it and I managed 3kills :D.

patsu

Yeah I play differently in objective games. Focus on taking/recovering nodes. Then I play more Team Deathmatches to try to get it back.

patsu

:lol Did anyone succeeded in bringing a LAARK cluster into the base node room ?

Akachan Ningen, what are you talking about ? With your skills, you won't die easily anyway. Why don't you emm... try the front center position next time. It's fun... I phromise.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:

I don't care either. I rush right into fire fights, and don't care if I get taken down too much. The K/D ratio isn't my concern in our team games - winning is.

However, I've noticed I rage too much when playing as Chimera, and that's getting me killed early. If I calm down on that, my K/D ratio should improve on its own.

I should also note that although I don't care for an awesome K/D ratio, I'm very happy if it's above .8.

M3Freak

Banned
Played some more of the campaign today and I got to snow bits in London - wow! Now I finally understand what everyone's been talking about. Shit, it actually looks as if snow is falling. Awesome atmosphere.

Also have to say that the London bits have been amazing so far. Completely different game from earlier on: more intense, better environments, wicked fights.

Maybe I can finish the game this week. :)

SleazyC

M3Freak said:
I don't care either. I rush right into fire fights, and don't care if I get taken down too much. The K/D ratio isn't my concern in our team games - winning is.

However, I've noticed I rage too much when playing as Chimera, and that's getting me killed early. If I calm down on that, my K/D ratio should improve on its own.

I should also note that although I don't care for an awesome K/D ratio, I'm very happy if it's above .8.
I started playing out this way and have sort of become very, very picky about K/D ratio and in some respect it hurts my game as I get very few kills (but get just as few deaths). Either way as soon as I peek over 2.00 and into some comfort where I can start playing like I used to I will be pretty relieved that I can just sit back and play without having to worry about anything but winning.

As far as using too much rage mode I do the same thing. You just need to learn how to sit back and let your health regen a bit.

M3Freak

Banned
SleazyC said:
I started playing out this way and have sort of become very, very picky about K/D ratio and in some respect it hurts my game as I get very few kills (but get just as few deaths). Either way as soon as I peek over 2.00 and into some comfort where I can start playing like I used to I will be pretty relieved that I can just sit back and play without having to worry about anything but winning.

It all depends on what you want out of the game.

If having fun means having great stats, then obviously you're going to play more conservatively. Of course, if you're just awesome, then playing conservatively isn't as much of a concern because you're just going to mow everyone down.

On other hand, if having fun means running like mad shooting at everything that moves, including your team mates, dust, birds, and the sky, then great stats will take a back burner: they will likely be mediocre.

You can of course have a happy medium of the two extremes, and I think that's where the really good players are. I try to stay in this happy middle ground because I don't end up sacrificing what fun means to me, and I can have fairly good stats at the same time.

SleazyC said:
As far as using too much rage mode I do the same thing. You just need to learn how to sit back and let your health regen a bit.

I do that, but raging all the time means I can run into the enemy at any time with only half my energy. I've actually won a lot of fire fights with half energy, but I mostly bite the dust in those instances.

On Breach and Meltdown constant rage mode is okay because it's much easier to get a breather and regenerate. But, on TD it's near impossible. I have to start using rage mode much more sparingly in TD games.

Anyway, clan night tonight! Woo hoo! I'm going out to dinner with family to celebrate my parents anniversary, but I should be on around 9:00 p.m. See you guys then.

Kittonwy

Banned
FEEL TEH RAGE!!! TEH RAGE OF TEH GAF OF WAR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

f968a395.gif

It's time. Baby let's roll!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! GO OUT THERE AND MAKE PEDOBEAR PROUD!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

calder

I'll be picking up a PS3 in about a week, you bitches better still be playing!

Although my brother and a few mutual friends just go on and on and on about this game, so I'll have them to shoot me in the face for a while regardless. :lol Something about a game mode with shotguns only and a certain map they play religiously.

While I'm posting, what USB headset should I get? I have a cheap (free) motorola from work that is apparently only 'meh' to use on PS3. What's the standard good USB headset everyone uses?

SleazyC

If I make it online at all tonight I may be running one to two hours late as I am getting hit with some school work. Ahh the start of a new quarter and the joys it brings.

Top Bottom