• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm on!!!
angry.gif

I think about 13 of us are online right now.
Indifferent2.gif

The Jer

ghostmind said:
they need a minigame for hanging out in the lobby waiting for the rest of the clan to finish...

no joke. that's actually a great idea.

It would be nice to at least get new music. That same piece of music over and over again kind of gets annoying.

deadbeef

I'm just finishing up the single player campaign. I'd love to join in on the multi player fun sometime, if there is room in the GAF clan. I don't have a headset just yet, so I'm not quite ready.

I think I'm almost done with the single player campaign -
I'm at the top of the tower, I think the level is called "Last Hope" or something like that
. The levels at the end of this game are absolutely insane. Just gorgeous.

Big-E

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
GG guys. I can't believe those punks who all bailed at the same time. "If they get 1100 points first, commence Operation Bitch-Ass". Weak!

They were punks who couldn't live with being wedged.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
GG guys. I can't believe those punks who all bailed at the same time. "If they get 1100 points first, commence Operation Bitch-Ass". Weak!
I'm amazed they waited that long. Seems like 50 percent of the time, if the other team isn't a guild, They all freak out and bail at the start.

M3Freak

Banned
Awesome games tonight - tons of fun. I especially liked the last couple of Objective games I played. We had a few non-GAF clan people in on the fun too.

One of those games was against about 17 people, the vast majority of which were all supreme commanders. They weren't from the same squad though. Anyway, we lost the first round, but the second one went much better and we won.

See you all on Saturday.

I just found this footage tonight. It's from the tournament I went to at Insomniac the week the PS3 launched. I looked for the videos on this site before, I don't know why I never saw them. I figured they just didn't use the footage.

part 1 - http://www.us.playstation.com/Media?id=15708

part 2 - http://www.us.playstation.com/Media?id=15709

I only saw myself in that video for a split second and I was far away. BTW, I ended up 16th out of the 40 back then. :lol Good times though.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
M3Freak said:
Awesome games tonight - tons of fun. I especially liked the last couple of Objective games I played. We had a few non-GAF clan people in on the fun too.

One of those games was against about 17 people, the vast majority of which were all supreme commanders. They weren't from the same squad though. Anyway, we lost the first round, but the second one went much better and we won.

See you all on Saturday.

yeah, that was a pretty rough match. My damn mic went dead again in the middle of the game :( as usual

M3Freak

Banned
JB1981 said:
we won both of those rounds against the crew of supreme commanders.

Are you sure? I could have sworn we lost the first one. Hmm...well, whatever, it was fun anyway.

BTW, guys, someone named TinaThi was playing with us, and then later we invited her to the party. She wasn't that great, and she didn't talk much, but I was quite surprised there are women playing this game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
akachan ningen said:
I just found this footage tonight. It's from the tournament I went to at Insomniac the week the PS3 launched. I looked for the videos on this site before, I don't know why I never saw them. I figured they just didn't use the footage.

I only saw myself in that video for a split second and I was far away. BTW, I ended up 16th out of the 40 back then. :lol Good times though.

That was a fun, but exhausting night.

M3Freak

Banned
akachan ningen said:

Oh man - watching those videos makes me want to play some more!!! RAWWWR!!!

How in the hell can a game be so much fun?? I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a video game.

ROFL

Hail Britannia
Dice Man said:
< The levels at the end of this game are absolutely insane. Just gorgeous.

Brandon F said:
This game is amazing.

By that I presume you must mean "generic"

[Edit: To clarify, this is a sarcastic remark in reference to certain reviewers.]

M3Freak

Banned
Dice Man said:
The levels at the end of this game are absolutely insane. Just gorgeous.

I'll say. I got to
London
on Monday, and I was blown away. The snow, the battles, the graphics, the atmosphere in general - wow. One part even had me spinning in circles trying to figure out what the hell was going on (heard a massive explosion, but I couldn't see anything), until I was ambushed. Awesome stuff.

I'm kind of low on ammo for a couple of critical guns. They would be very useful where I am right now. Oh well - I'll get through it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
guys.. you may have heard some new Resistance video content is hitting the PlayStation store tomorrow. Basically some fun behind the scenes videos, but I really think you'll dig the new trailer. Check it out.

The Jer

jstevenson said:
guys.. you may have heard some new Resistance video content is hitting the PlayStation store tomorrow. Basically some fun behind the scenes videos, but I really think you'll dig the new trailer. Check it out.

I hadn't heard. Thanks.

I always look forward to thursday nights. :)

jstevenson said:

foreshadowing of upcoming downloadable content? *wink nudge*

Hey GAF clan guys, if you need spots for new recruits, you can probably kick me off the clan. I barely have any time to play online these days, so the spot might be better served for someone who can actually play online regularly.

Ceb

jstevenson said:

Isn't it the same as the one of the EU site?

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
davepoobond and I are playing online right now. Anyone want to join us, jump in and see me a message.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? I'm trying to resist the urge to play every single night. Didn't I just play this yesterday? I wanted to spend some quality time with my copy of God of War 2 and here you are, dragging me back in
like teh freakin' mafia
angry.gif

Anyway I logged on and you were already in a game, davepoo was on so I sent him a buddy invite, now I'm hungry so I'm off to grab a bite, maybe I'll check back at around 10 to see if anyone is still playing.
Indifferent2.gif

Porkepik

Well I'm a bit late to the party but I played it for the first time today(i traded from some guy it against COD3 that I had finished playing with) and all that I can say is that is a really nice looking game, probably not on par with gears but not too far behind either, I think I'll enjoy it.
Normally I do not do a lot of multiplayer (never did with cod3) but I think I will try it a little bit.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
if anyone runs into the clan U|R, be careful cause they might be cheating. they were doing some weird stuff with 1 hit kills with flamethrowers and unloading a whole clip of bullseye ammo into them without dying and stuff.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Rody said:
Are you the one wearing the red cap?

Yeah... but I've lost 20 pounds since then though... frickin Insomniac 20 (you may have heard about our kitchen... unlimited supply of Famous Amos cookies plus Mt. Dew == bad news).

The hat is my staple Nebraska baseball hat that is beat to hell and is worn way to frequently (I'm nicknamed Red around the office).

The trailer is new, not the UK one.

Oh and finally, the next podcast is AWESOME. Esp. our mystery guest. It'll be up tomorrow.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I'll go on again at 10:00 pm if you're up for it. Let me know here.
Darn right I am, Lost can be watched tomorrow morning. Kittonnnnnnnnnnn you know you wanna join in on the fun tonight. If he's playing GOW2 I can't sway him since it seems when playing PS2 games the XMB shuts down :/.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Darn right I am, Lost can be watched tomorrow morning. Kittonnnnnnnnnnn you know you wanna join in on the fun tonight. If he's playing GOW2 I can't sway him since it seems when playing PS2 games the XMB shuts down :/.

I'm sorry but I'm playing God of War 2 tonight, once I get that out of the way it's back to Resistance for me, not that I would miss clan night for anything.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

Argh... I saw you guys in the lobby. Was afraid to join because I really need to work (Just came out from a full day meeting today too). So I played 1-2 Team DM on my own and left. :(

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon and I played a TD match last night. It started out as 4 on 4, Human vs Chimera on the 8 player Nottingham map. Figured it would be fun.

Game starts, and we're Chimera. Two guys from our side drop out. Great, now it's Aeon and I vs 4 players. Death, you say? WROOONG!

During the first round we absolutely destroyed them. 2 on 4 is hardly fair, but the other guys were getting killed left, right, down, and up.

Then it was our turn to be human: darkness befell the lands. Mothers cried. Babies went hungry.

The shitty Carbine-Grenade vs Chimera-Bullseye-Rage-Mode was no contest. The enemy laid waste quickly, efficiently, and often.

In the end, Aeon and I were 3rd and 1st (respectively) in the rankings. Not too shabby, I'd say.

Top Bottom