• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Downpour

Whatever happened to that 'Resist or Die' machinima? Is that still in the works?
The lip-syncing feature should help out if it is...

Kittonwy

Banned
igRossMcIntosh said:
We're taking them out of ranked games but they're still an option in custom games.

I will miss being able to start with the bullseye for both rounds.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:
FRIDAY! GAF it up baby!

Kaching is like a figure head :D The guy who stays at the office overseeing things while Efert and others are like the Captains that lead us into war.

I will lead y'all into rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Madman said:
Sorry your guy's skills aren't up to par. Maybe IG will be nice and weaken the shotgun more to match your defense skills. :) (Why did that smiley have to go?)
More like I'm too good to use a cheap weapon to get kills, to each his own if you wanna be weaksauce :).

Madman

Aeon712 said:
More like I'm too good to use a cheap weapon to get kills, to each his own if you wanna be weaksauce :).
Gloat much? :p

I am more interested in using the arc charger, carbine, and bullseye. Why I am now a shotgun whore especially since I have never played you guys, I'll never know. :lol

igRossMcIntosh said:
I updated the original post to include this:

Gametype Changes

* Assault and Breach mode games have had the number of players required to create them lowered in Team Objective games, and the likelihood of these modes has also been increased.

* Chimera vs Chimera Team Deathmatch has been removed from the Team Deathmatch gametype.

* Conversion in the Free For All gametype has been changed so that players will have 5 human lives and 1 Chimeran life instead of 1 human life and 1 Chimeran life.
Nice thats a great way to make conversions fun. Now i can practice for the tournament like normal in ranked games
massivly disappointed in the loss of C vs C. Why is hunam hunam still there then? because the leet whiners dont like getting shot by anyone under supreme commander? bah! Tt was the most intense match, and the fastest too. C vs C at Nottingham was great. :p

careksims

OokieSpookie said:
Anyone having issues connecting?
I downloaded a Resistance update and now network connection keeps failing

Dude?! Didn't you hear?! They're getting it ready for the Worldwide Servers and Map packs :D Yippee!

Darn! Tanod beat me to it.

patsu

I am watching "Planet Earth" tonight. It's amazing (!) :)
Also bought MotorStorm. In any case, Resistance maps come first.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
They took out the random water splashing sound effect?!? Awww... ;)

BobTheFork said:
*couch couch* J/k i just wish you would play with us more kaching
:( I'm an absentee leader because I don't want to demoralize the clan with a regular display of how utterly average I am at these games.

Seriously, now that the option will exist to transfer leadership, I would understand completely if you wanted to have someone as clan leader who actually plays the game on a regular basis. My duties are really challenging but I think several of you are capable of taking them on!

I'll definitely be buying these new maps though and playing a bit more in the next few weeks.

The Jer

kaching said:
Seriously, now that the option will exist to transfer leadership, I would understand completely if you wanted to have someone as clan leader who actually plays the game on a regular basis. My duties are really challenging but I think several of you are capable of taking them on!

I think you do an awesome job keeping the clan list updated, etc.
And I notice you update the announcements from time to time as well.
I'd say you only need to transfer leadership if you feel it's getting to be too much work and you would rather have someone else deal with all the PMs, clan invites, etc.
Of course, we'll still give you a hard time for not playing with the clan, regardless. :p

FredFish

kaching said:
I'm an absentee leader because I don't want to demoralize the clan with a regular display of how utterly average I am at these games.

I hadn't played a FPS online since UT until I finally started up with MP about a week ago. Your "utterly average" will be positively inspiring to the clan when viewed against my skills :lol

ChryZ

BobTheFork said:
tomorrow shall be epic. The question is, do i get domestic or imported beer? What goes better with snow effects :D
Global patch, you know ... so get import to maximize the experience!

BobTheFork said:
tomorrow shall be epic. The question is, do i get domestic or imported beer? What goes better with snow effects :D

Which goes better with international servers? I'm going North American (US, Can or Mex) for a change tomorrow, baby. Continental xenophobia ahoy! :lol

With snow effects, domestic...hmm, I'm thinking some CO. beer; maybe a New Belgium Brewing product, or good old Rocky Mountain Coors, the Banquet Beer.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
They kicked me and Sutdawg off the servers at 12:30 EST. I just checked and they are still down. I'm getting antsy.

The Jer

jstevenson said:
60 more posts and this thread will be larger than the Twilight Princess thread on the board.

:lol
I was kidding.
I understood what you meant.
I guess sarcasm doesn't read well. :p

or maybe you were using this as excuse to add another post. :p

Aeon712

Oh heck yea just signed on and it asked me to update. Now in game at the bottom of the online screen I see Purchase I click it and I see map pack for 7.99 even though it says it won't be up for another hr. I'm about to click it to see if it's vaporware or the real deal.

djkimothy

Aeon712 said:
Oh heck yea just signed on and it asked me to update. Now in game at the bottom of the online screen I see Purchase I click it and I see map pack for 7.99 even though it says it won't be up for another hr. I'm about to click it to see if it's vaporware or the real deal.

Oh shit! :eek: It's imminent. I'll download it tomorrow and join the GAF clan for Saturday night's game. :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Aeon712 said:

Resistance Party Tonight!

womfalcs3

Banned
Flek said:
wait ... they reseted the stats ? WHY? omg .....

I hope not. It'd be as if I didn't play my 1,100+ rounds.

Downloading the update right now. Do the maps appear after you download the update or should they already be on the PS Store?

Flek

Banned
a dude in a german board wrote that after the update all his stats are gone ..~_~

downloading now .. i hope he is lying ~_?

edit ok forget it he just posted it whas a bug and his stats are back ....geez

Aeon712

Downloading the maps was a slow process, guess thats why they say after 10am. Just did a ffa and my first map wasssssss subway followed by manchester :(. Oh well atleast there are some custom games being played on the maps back to playing. Cool feature is that show the flag of the person thats hosting. I need some European and Japan gaf members on my ingame friends list so I can find you guys if you are playing right now.

The Jer

Whoevers trying to message me into their party:
I'm downloading the new maps, so I can't join. Make sure not to wait for me or anything krazy like that.

Aeon712

The Jer said:
Whoevers trying to message me into their party:
I'm downloading the new maps, so I can't join. Make sure not to wait for me or anything krazy like that.
Haha that was me and efertlis, we were just inviting members from the clan to see who had the update yet. Played a dm in the tunnels which is awesome and then a dm in the snow which looks awesome and then a 1v1 meltdown but now I have to leave for a couple hrs so if you guys are on about 1 or 2 I'll be back on.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm crying here!!! I can't play tonight, for shit's sake! Awwwwwww, maaaaaaaaan!!!

All the funny shit is going to happen tonight, what with the facial gestures and lip synching. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

::curls up on floor and starts shaking::

Aeon712 said:
Haha that was me and efertlis, we were just inviting members from the clan to see who had the update yet. Played a dm in the tunnels which is awesome and then a dm in the snow which looks awesome and then a 1v1 meltdown but now I have to leave for a couple hrs so if you guys are on about 1 or 2 I'll be back on.

...I may actually be done with this download in an hour or two. See ya then, Aeon.

So the servers are finally worldwide? Anyway I'm downloading the update now, but it looks like my Blue Tooth headset is dead, never even got the chance to use it... :(

Top Bottom