• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
You have no idea ...

206y4uw.gif

250l2yp.gif

:lol
:lol

I love how Steroyd's just dead on my screen :lol

ChryZ

TTP said:
is that a glitch? How do u do it?
Aeon showed us that "trick". Not sure, if it's a glitch or something someone forgot to remove from the final build. In case of a glitch I would assume, that the body is blocking the gass from spreading and once ignited it channels into this fire fountain.

Maybe someone from Insomniac cares to explain? Hot Coffee, uhm "Hot Fart Mod" anyone? ;)

You gotta be on the same team to make it work. One guy must kneel and then you must throw an air fuel in an angle from behind. Aim for the hollow of the knee or for the calf. You failed, if you see the usual gas cloud. When done right, it will take a moment of nothing happening to then having the fire fart spectacle.

TTP said:
is that a glitch? How do u do it?

The trick is to make the Air-Fuel grenade land and stick at a 45 degree angle, and don't use the secondary "hold" function that spreads the gas.

It is easiest to do this by sticking it to someone, but I've seen this effect happen on rare occassions even on a flat deck. The first two times I saw it, were just a few days ago, on the deck of the Lexington. It really shoots a violent column of flame out there! It happened twice in a row, and I had to ask my team what was going on!

tanod said:
Since when was fire red? I thought it was green. Maybe it's been too long since I've played. :(

If you are on Red Team, your fire is red. Blue Team fire is blue.

tanod said:
Whoa. That's new.

Actually, the more I think of it, I'm not sure if this is true for both the Dragon and the Air-Fuel. I'm pretty sure that's the case for the Dragon. The Air-Fuel fire might always be red, regardless of team. If I was home, I could check this out...but I'm not right now.

TEH-CJ

Banned
"Aside from the first and last level, the game takes place entirely in the United States, where someone who may or may not be Sgt. Nathan Hale (who plays a role in the story) has to deal with the Chimeran invasion of the US in such places as San Francisco and Chicago. And there is a cliffhanger ending that sets up for a third title. Vehicles will be included in multiplayer this time around, one will be able to take to the sky with three new vehicles or boogie it down on the ground with the three vehicles from the first game's Campaign."

There's even a tentative release date of November 2008. Again, it could all be pure speculation, but if it turns out to be true, you'll thank us. Or Surfer Girl. How about both?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/10/resistance_fall_of_man_2_detai_1.html

Grain of salt ?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
We’re pleased to announce that RFOM Map Pack 1 levels are now integrated into all ranked game match types. If you have the map pack installed and search for ranked games in Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, or Team Objective, some of your matches will now be in the new levels with other Map Pack 1 owners. Along with this change, Map Pack Mayhem has been removed.

djkimothy

jstevenson said:
We’re pleased to announce that RFOM Map Pack 1 levels are now integrated into all ranked game match types. If you have the map pack installed and search for ranked games in Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, or Team Objective, some of your matches will now be in the new levels with other Map Pack 1 owners. Along with this change, Map Pack Mayhem has been removed.

Awesome! :D

Though I haven't played in a while, this will help me get back into it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jstevenson said:

*fires up Resistance*

Steroyd

jstevenson said:

Fucking A time to purchase the map pack then. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

YESSSSSS!!!!!
Indifferent2.gif

^^ FIVE FUCKING EXCLAMATION MARKS RIGHT THERE. Not three, not !!!111!!!, FIVE.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:

Finally. I'll be back on this weekend.

How is it handled if one person in your party does not have the map pack?

Also, for those people who still don't have the map pack but can't get it due to CC or region reasons, buy a Japanese PSN card from your local importer and get it off the Japanese store. It will work.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
Finally. I'll be back on this weekend.

How is it handled if one person in your party does not have the map pack?

Also, for those people who still don't have the map pack but can't get it due to CC or region reasons, buy a Japanese PSN card from your local importer and get it off the Japanese store. It will work.

If someone doesn't have the map pack in the party, you won't get the new maps.

Kosma

Banned
Raist said:
Nice. Now get all intels and skill points and beat it on hard mode. And then superhuman.

kthxbai :p

Hehe I will try to play on hard for a bit. But I think I'll move to Motorstorm/HS now before Ratchet hits.

Kittonwy

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Hehe I will try to play on hard for a bit. But I think I'll move to Motorstorm/HS now before Ratchet hits.

Play online with teh gaf wedge? Single player is great but online is where it really shines.
Indifferent2.gif

Steroyd

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKEDY FUCK FUCK.

I get a network error at the worst possible time and my map pack download is fucked. FUCKEDY FUCKED.

patsu

oo Kosma oo said:

Yeah... like what Kittonwy sez... play with the clan first, especially if you want to do Superhuman and Hard. I enjoy the brotherhood a lot (Any sisters in the clan ?).

Steroyd said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKEDY FUCK FUCK.

I get a network error at the worst possible time and my map pack download is fucked. FUCKEDY FUCKED.

:lol :lol :lol

Steroyd

Crisis averted I was getting install errors when I tried to download it again. o_O My PS3 has decided to not be a prick now.

Slow ass downloads.

Maggot9

Banned
jstevenson said:

YES

M3Freak

Banned
jstevenson said:

AWW YEAAAH!!! Time for some new map BREACH, MELTDOWN AND ASSAULT, BAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYY!!!

It's time to implement that map pack policy. So, what's it going to be?

1. An hour or two designated for map packers only on each clan night

OR

2. One entire clan night for map packers only

Can we take this to a vote? I say number 1.

tanod

when is my burrito
How about Tuesdays and Saturdays for map pack nights?

I'm up for getting together tonight though just because.

EDIT: This post should have been in the MP thread, I think.

Ragnarok10

M3Freak said:
AWW YEAAAH!!! Time for some new map BREACH, MELTDOWN AND ASSAULT, BAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYY!!!

It's time to implement that map pack policy. So, what's it going to be?

1. An hour or two designated for map packers only on each clan night

OR

2. One entire clan night for map packers only

Can we take this to a vote? I say number 1.

theBishop

Banned
jstevenson said:

Any plans to make the maps free of charge... or even a little cheaper. $8 is just too steep.

tanod

when is my burrito
theBishop said:
Any plans to make the maps free of charge... or even a little cheaper. $8 is just too steep.

I forgot that they were $8 when I bought them. Thought they were $6. Yeah, the integration really has the effect of taking a big thorn out of my side
/stick out of my butt

Maggot9

Banned
How are we going to have a Map Pack only clan night if it's totally random if we get one of the maps? We could go a whole "map pack clan night" only playing the regular maps.

M3Freak

Banned
theBishop said:

I bought them, but ya, $8 is too much. I bought from the Canadian PSN store, so I think I paid $9.99 (can't remember).

$5 is much more reasonable.

M3Freak

Banned
Maggot9 said:
How are we going to have a Map Pack only clan night if it's totally random if we get one of the maps? We could go a whole "map pack clan night" only playing the regular maps.

Yes, that's possible. It all depends on the match making. On the other hand, we won't know until we try, so that's what we're going to have to do.

The only thing that remains is to decide how to handle the clan nights now. We need to make a decision, and then update the online thread with the new info.

Steroyd

Dl'd and installed bloody hell what grief it caused.

Maggot9 said:

We could always veto kicking out of the party whoever doesn't have a map pack or just do the map pack only thing on Tuesdays or weekdays.

theBishop

Banned
M3Freak said:
I bought them, but ya, $8 is too much. I bought from the Canadian PSN store, so I think I paid $9.99 (can't remember).

$5 is much more reasonable.

When Radiohead is allowing people to pay nothing for their record, c'mon Insomniac $8 doesn't work for me.

In keeping with the Radiohead metaphor, I would recommend in the future, Insomniac do the "discbox" approach: offer a lot more, and charge for it.

I'd much rather pay $20-30 for a few hours of single-player story content and a couple maps than $8 for 2 maps.

tha_con

Banned
Meh, considering the size of the maps, the ability to scale them (in multiple fashions) and all the different layouts for different game types...I hardly think Insomniac 'over charged' for the maps.

Are you all forgetting we've been playing on their Dedicated servers for FREE?

theBishop said:
When Radiohead is allowing people to pay nothing for their record, c'mon Insomniac $8 doesn't work for me.

In keeping with the Radiohead metaphor, I would recommend in the future, Insomniac do the "discbox" approach: offer a lot more, and charge for it.

Insomniac is not Radiohead, nor is the videogames industry like the music industry. Sorry, but that's a crappy metaphor.

Either way, <3 the new record. Paid $5 for it.

Top Bottom