• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
TEH-CJ said:
Wow either the new patch changed the whole balance on resistance or I'm just plain rusty!

Shotty/LAARK whore confirmed. ;) There were some pretty major balance changes.

There's better competition too. See you guys tonight.

TEH-CJ said:
Yea i thought they changed the lock on strength too

btw what sensitivity are your running at ?

the defualt is 3 but i might consider dropping it to 2 until i get used to it again.

I've got to drop my sensitivity. I just tried the game again last night after not playing it for a looonngg time and I was getting my ass kicked. I used to do so well, I'm sad :(

tanod

when is my burrito
So, I beat the mall and the first two sections of Thames on Super Human today. Surprisingly, (after dieing about 4 times at the very beginning of the mall), I zipped straight through the two stages. I remembered back to my hard play through and remembered exactly what I did. There's nothing like knowing and executing exactly what you need to do to make it through those levels against all odds.

It felt really badass in a godly sort of way just cutting my way through the Chimeran ranks. It felt like the same feeling you get in an RPG when you're at a high level with awesome equipment beating the shit out of a final boss. :D:D:D

I still need to get those skill points on London though. Any tips on not getting hit by the berserkers. Particularly the one that appears, jumps out and shoots almost instantly/instantenously on the 2nd floor of the mall. That one is the one I have not been able to get past without being hit.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
dralla said:
I might have to get back into the weekly GAF games again. I just don't want to play Somerset and it seeems like it's the most common map :[

Do it. It's been a longgggg time since we had nights full of Somerset. It really seems to be the least frequent map these days which makes me sad :(

Hey guys,
for any of you that don't frequent myresistance.net, we just added a Gallery where you can upload any of the screenshots you take with the new in-game screenshot feature. Check it out and upload any good shots you've got.

igRossMcIntosh said:
Hey guys,
for any of you that don't frequent myresistance.net, we just added a Gallery where you can upload any of the screenshots you take with the new in-game screenshot feature. Check it out and upload any good shots you've got.
Thx Ross. Damn, its so hard to snap a picture while hitting someone with teh air-40

tanod

when is my burrito
igRossMcIntosh said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads up Ross. I check the front page every day and it wasn't on there but it never seems to get updated very often at all.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ragnarok10 said:

nice

resistance-fall-of-man-20071109045441984.jpg

resistance-fall-of-man-20071109045443218.jpg

dralla

the map with the heart looks fuggin awesome. please for the love of god make these free so we can actually play them.

ps. I love playing against campers on Bus Yard. when they sit in the room on top of the garage. i must've racked up 5 tripple kills with the mini-rockets from the larks.

womfalcs3

Banned
dralla said:
the map with the heart looks fuggin awesome. please for the love of god make these free so we can actually play them.

ps. I love playing against campers on Bus Yard. when they sit in the room on top of the garage. i must've racked up 5 tripple kills with the mini-rockets from the larks.

:lol

I usually throw in 2 A/F grenades and wait. They usually try to run out, or just accept their fate. Most of the time they don't make it out, so you see them die as they try to run out.

(I feel kind of weird talking like that... it seems too violent)

-----------------

As to the maps, for the millionth time, I hope they at least make the first map pack free. With all these PS3 games coming out, less and less people will be playing Resistance... so they might as well.

Agent X

womfalcs3 said:
As to the maps, for the millionth time, I hope they at least make the first map pack free. With all these PS3 games coming out, less and less people will be playing Resistance... so they might as well.

An idea I had is that they could charge $8 for the combined download of map packs 1 & 2 (same price that map pack 1 was by itself), and at the same time allow anyone who already purchased map pack 1 to obtain map pack 2 as a free download. This would serve as a nice "thank you" gift to early adopters who bought the first map pack several months ago, while giving a new wave of players the opportunity to get 4 maps for the price of 2.

The problem with making map pack 1 free is that the early adopters might feel like they got burned, because they could've just waited it out and got it for free. Consequently, many people will continue to "wait it out" every time a piece of paid downloadable content is offered, assuming that it too will be made free in a matter of months.

M3Freak

Banned
New maps?! ::droooolz:: Those loko awesome, just like map pack 1, which unfortunately, we've barely played.

I'm not sure how Insomniac is going to justify charging for Map Pack 2 when the dudes that bought the first pack got screwed so hard.

Angelcurio

I just saw a really weird glitch when playing the game in hard mode. One Chimera instead of dying after i shooted him, kept standing up and breathing without weapons. I even recorded it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHt5hyP0kXU

Btw, i hadn't noticed that all your unit members even though they have different clothes, they have the same face.

dralla

I love the improved Hedgehog and Arc Charger. I just racked up 20 kills in 4 rounds with the Arc. The secondary fire actually kills people! I got 5 kills at once with it on 16p Nottingham

Dizzan

MINI Member
Aeon712 said:
huh???

Anyways bring on the new maps so the Resistance whore in me can buy them and then complain about wanting a refund for not getting to play them :lol.

I posted the Resistance 2 Pre Alpha rumour only to realise it was already posted

YYZ

wowzors, I've had Resistance since launch and I just finished it tonight, WHAT A GAME! I'm still not in love with console FPS, but somehow this game made them seem ok at least. The controls annoyed me since I know I could do everything precisely with a KB+M, no stuttering over the target and missing a lot. But every other aspect of this game is nearly PERFECT. A very intense and gripping gaming experience; this is the best game I've played since launch by far. I know I won't be able to play this game on a KB+M, but I can dream.

herod

YYZ said:
wowzors, I've had Resistance since launch and I just finished it tonight, WHAT A GAME! I'm still not in love with console FPS, but somehow this game made them seem ok at least. The controls annoyed me since I know I could do everything precisely with a KB+M, no stuttering over the target and missing a lot. But every other aspect of this game is nearly PERFECT. A very intense and gripping gaming experience; this is the best game I've played since launch by far. I know I won't be able to play this game on a KB+M, but I can dream.

I agree. I don't like console fps either, but there was something a little different about this one, probably the weapons.

ChryZ

I'm still not happy how rarely I get to play the new maps. Buying another map pack feels kinda like wasting money, but on the other hand I played the living crap out of R:FoM ... so I kinda feel obligated to buy the maps to show some gratitude. Argh!

Steroyd

I played Westmorland last night £3 fully vindicated.

But I wanna play the 32/40 player maps instead of the 16p maps I WANT SEX NOT MASTURBATION. :mad:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
I played Westmorland last night £3 fully vindicated.

But I wanna play the 32/40 player maps instead of the 16p maps I WANT SEX NOT MASTURBATION. :mad:

But masturbation is free.

Isn't it a little too early for this game to be at Alpha stage? Isn't it going to be released Fall '08?

When did Ratchet his Beta? Wasn't it in late August/Early September?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
pre-Alpha, according to the rumor. But it certainly points towards a release in time for the 2008 Holidays, right on time with Insomniac's normal release schedule over the past several years.

Top Bottom