• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Basch

Okay guys, this is bad. I went over to the MyResistance site and looked up jstevenosn's profile and it reported he was last active on November 30th. The day after the announcement of the second map pack. This scares me. From this day forth, no discussion of Resistance shall be permitted until we hear of what is going on. It has been three days since then.

Firewire

Banned
Basch said:
Okay guys, this is bad. I went over to the MyResistance site and looked up jstevenosn's profile and it reported he was last active on November 30th. The day after the announcement of the second map pack. This scares me. From this day forth, no discussion of Resistance shall be permitted until we hear of what is going on. It has been three days since then.

I think he's on vacation!

andycapps

You know he'll be back on here ASAP filling us in on what's going on. If he's on vacation, then that's fine, but if not then I'm sure he'll fill everyone in as soon as he is allowed to.

Aeon712

Basch said:
Oh well good riddance, I never liked him and he sucked at Resistance :lol
JS come back :(

Basch

CaughtJStevensonNeoGAF.jpg

Caught him! Now, everybody, charge!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wow... rumors of my demise (or defection) are greatly exaggerated. :lol

I'm very much still here - sorry, this weekend involved watching College Football implode, sleep, and LOTS of Mass Effect.

Basch

jstevenson said:

I'm very much still here - sorry, this weekend involved watching College Football implode, sleep, and LOTS of Mass Effect.

Traitor! Okay, I'll calm down now. We missed you. How was Mass Effect? :D

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:

He's alive!

Search & rescue called off.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BlueTsunami said:
I had 480p, 1080i and 1080p checked and the game would down convert to 480p

My TV accepts 720p no problem but I would rather have 720p off and keep the Native Resolutions of my HDTV selected.

but it would only output to 720p if it had to... I don't think there's any reason not to have it checked off.

Gattsu25

Banned
jstevenson said:

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend :D

andycapps

jstevenson said:
Oh, and Nebraska got Bo Pelini, so yeah, great weekend.

Not for me! I'm a Georgia fan and we got shafted. Went from 4th to 5th with two teams in front of us losing. Common sense indicates we should be number two. But common sense does not fit into the BCS. Yet another year of wishing we had a playoff system!

Big-E

andycapps said:
Not for me! I'm a Georgia fan and we got shafted. Went from 4th to 5th with two teams in front of us losing. Common sense indicates we should be number two. But common sense does not fit into the BCS. Yet another year of wishing we had a playoff system!

I feel for you but you guys didn't win your conference.

andycapps

jstevenson said:
Didn't win their DIVISION.

We co-won it. Tennessee and Georgia both had two losses, Tennessee went to the SEC Championship game because they won their game against us. But in the record books it'll go down as UGA being SEC East co-champions this year. Regardless, I'd put UGA up against any team in the country right now, along with USC. They're really tough right now. Didn't realize we had a bunch of football fans on here, sweet. I knew Jstevenson was a huge Nebraska fan, hopefully things get better for Nebraska with a new coach coming in. I know it can't get much worse, as far as Nebraska traditions go.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
andycapps said:
We co-won it. Tennessee and Georgia both had two losses, Tennessee went to the SEC Championship game because they won their game against us. But in the record books it'll go down as UGA being SEC East co-champions this year. Regardless, I'd put UGA up against any team in the country right now, along with USC. They're really tough right now. Didn't realize we had a bunch of football fans on here, sweet. I knew Jstevenson was a huge Nebraska fan, hopefully things get better for Nebraska with a new coach coming in. I know it can't get much worse, as far as Nebraska traditions go.

Georgia is one of the hottest teams in the country.

Personally, I feel LSU shouldn't be playing because they have two losses. I don't think anyone deserves a national championship this year, but if I HAD to make two teams play, I'd take tOSU vs. Hawai'i.

But this is waaaaay OT.

The point is, I'm very much at Insomniac today and very much happy with my job here. And if you want to work with me and Ryan and the gang, we have a community opening. :p

andycapps

jstevenson said:
Georgia is one of the hottest teams in the country.

Personally, I feel LSU shouldn't be playing because they have two losses. I don't think anyone deserves a national championship this year, but if I HAD to make two teams play, I'd take tOSU vs. Hawai'i.

But this is waaaaay OT.

The point is, I'm very much at Insomniac today and very much happy with my job here. And if you want to work with me and Ryan and the gang, we have a community opening. :p

Agreed, way off topic. Anyone can feel free to PM me if you want to talk football, I'm all for it. Glad to hear you're still there!

h3ro

jstevenson said:

PHEW! Had us worried there for a minute bud!

Aeon712

jstevenson said:

Drats he's back :(

Firewire

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
I like how jstev can only be absent for a few days before people start going crazy. :lol Glad to see you're still with us (and Insomniac, obviously)!

Basch was having a break down or something!

PS: My poor Notre Dame. :(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Captain Wiggles said:
Hey JS, WHY must you guys be all the way out in CA. I'd love to apply for that community leader position but I live in the midwest and urgh!

It's warm here and we have an ocean.

And I lived in the Nebraska when I interviewed for the job, and then I promptly moved to California. :lol

Basch

Captain Wiggles said:
Hey JS, WHY must you guys be all the way out in CA. I'd love to apply for that community leader position but I live in the midwest and urgh!

jstevenson said:
It's warm here and we have an ocean.

And I lived in the Nebraska when I interviewed for the job, and then I promptly moved to California.

Wow! Midwest for the win! Captain Wiggles, where do you live? I'm located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; temporarily. :D

ChryZ

So ... what's that job ad for?

Spare tire? Copilot? Full body organ donor? Replacement? Punchbag? Sex slave?

Basch

ChryZ said:
So ... what's that job ad for?

Spare tire? Copilot? Full body organ donor? Replacement? Punchbag? Sex slave?

I feel violated. Do not uncover the spoilers. I repeat. Do not uncover the spoilers.

How come all of those seemed like the exact same thing? :lol

Batgirl

jstevenson said:

See if he's still here after Christmas.......

The Jer

jstevenson said:

I think you've just destroyed any possibility of someone here applying for the job. :D

Basch

jstevenson said:

Who's Ryan? Why doesn't he talk to us? Is he scared of us? :D

Basch

jstevenson said:
I think she's more insinuating what happens to me if I screw up her Christmas gift... :lol

I already gave her a Christmas present. It is why she is so mad at me in the first place. :D On second thought, maybe it is a good idea if you give her a gift. I don't want to see what would happen next if I attempted to do it again.

So whose Ryan? Tell him to join us.

Basch

viralmarketeer said:
Human gestation period is 9 months. If you birthed it now... it would be "screwed up".

Oh man, here we go again. We better get the cooling apparatus ready. It will be a walking tank for the rest of its life.

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:
I think she's more insinuating what happens to me if I screw up her Christmas gift... :lol

Batgirl said:
we'll see how well he does with Christmas gifts. ;)
You guys better make sure he does well!

She's a tough one JS! Visa won't cut it, break out the Amex, this calls for no limit spending! :lol

Basch

Firewire said:
She's a tough one JS! Visa won't cut it, break out the Amex, this calls for no limit spending! :lol

Bu..But they are advertising for priceless. :D Ya, that's right Batgirl, you're not worth anything.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
In an attempt to get things back on-topic and off of "OMGWTFBBQ JS is leaving?" (I'm not) and "How much is JS spending on Batgirl for Christmas" (Getting up at 4:15 am in Snowy Nebraska on Black Friday hurt enough).

Here's some nifty new screens from the online thread of the new maps... You should buy these.

ChryZ said:
Axbridge

7w7xcw9.jpg

870sojn.jpg

6olkdi8.jpg

6wvz91x.jpg

89khgzn.jpg

71r021j.jpg

867bpc5.jpg

8189pjc.jpg

Bracknell

8e8w9ck.jpg

6y0ie7l.jpg

81fke28.jpg

8gdms6x.jpg

Madman

jstevenson said:
In an attempt to get things back on-topic and off of "OMGWTFBBQ JS is leaving?" (I'm not) and "How much is JS spending on Batgirl for Christmas" (Getting up at 4:15 am in Snowy Nebraska on Black Friday hurt enough).

Here's some nifty new screens from the online thread of the new maps... You should buy these.
At least you were subtle and didn't just go straight forward with what you were thinking. :lol

Basch

jstevenson said:

I can't, regrettably. I don't have a working connection to the Internet for my PS3. But agreed, everybody needs to buy the map packs. Now! :D

Madman said:
At least you were subtle and didn't just go striaght forward with what you were thinking. :lol

I said it for him. :D

BeeDog

One thing Microsoft has done with some of their exclusive games is to release game map packs for free after a while. Will you guys at Insomniac do the same? It's really frustrating to see the gaming community being segregated between owners and non-owners. Battlefield 2 is a prime example of this, all those mini-expansions somewhat killed the community.

Basch

BeeDog said:
One thing Microsoft has done with some of their exclusive games is to release game map packs for free after a while. Will you guys at Insomniac do the same? It's really frustrating to see the gaming community being segregated between owners and non-owners. Battlefield 2 is a prime example of this, all those mini-expansions somewhat killed the community.

Hey, people should be supporting Insomniac. They need more money for bigger budgets. Do you want Resistance 2 to be awesome? Guilty!
Just kidding, not trying to make you feel bad.
:D

Top Bottom