• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

JB1981

After playing a second time on Hard, I've changed my mind about rumble - this game would really benefit from it. Make it happen, Krazy Ken.

also: the backlash grenade is AWESOME.

Best weapons in any game EVER.

JB1981

Safe Bet said:
?!@%#$@

We were really trying to make sure everyone got an invite...

Sorry about that...

Well, LJ said he tried to get you guys to invite me but no dice. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll probably get in on tonight's game.

f@luS

More than a member.
I'd like to try to play with u , but dunno if i can , its already 8pm for me there...(im online til 3am Gmt+1)

tasos

Sorry if posted already , could you help me with this
-i have the us version of Resistance
-Going to get a pal PS3 in March (i live in Europe)
Can i play with my friends from America ?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Currently trudging through the conversion center in single-player.

The game is starting to grow on me.

SleazyC

I think a couple weeks back someone was saying they needed to get a keyboard for their PS3 as they would just snatch their computers keyboard and plug it in but they ran into a problem when they then tried to post on GAF and forgot that their keyboard was hooked up to their PS3.

I was being cheap and holding off on getting another keyboard as I wanted something wireless for cheap and a pretty good deal is floating around right now on Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3000 at Office Depot. $34.99 - $20 MIR = $14.99. Comes with a mouse too but $14.99 for a wireless keyboard seems like a sweet deal to me.

Just got to London.

OMG, was Bracknell cool. All the platforming bits in the first stage surprised me.
double fans FTW!
So intense and serious, yet with these fun little R&C-style moments, too.

Kittonwy

Banned
Personally I like having a keyboard hooked up even though my mic is working fine because I don't really feel like saying much since I sound so goofy and it's easier to make goofy comments in text.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

I'm on EST here

Saturday's I work till 10:30 and Monday mornings I work at 7am which is why I typically miss the Saturday and Sunday official games. Cool thing is there is always atleast 3 of us on when I do sign on Friday and some other days. Last Friday we couldve had a big team since a lot of people were on their xmb or whatever it's called but not on Resistance online :(.

Kittonwy said:
Personally I like having a keyboard hooked up even though my mic is working fine because I don't really feel like saying much since I sound so goofy and it's easier to make goofy comments in text.
Indifferent2.gif

You were on a roll last night, too. Even Pedobear can't stop teh wedge!

LJ11

chespace said:
Currently trudging through the conversion center in single-player.

The game is starting to grow on me.

It only gets better.

I'm on the East Coast. See you guys tonight.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Well boys, you can add me to the list. I am updating my brand new PS3 right now. When it is done, Resistance is next. I don't have a headset, but if you guys need an extra guy, let me know. I will try to make my ID "Denogginizer".

BuddyC

DenogginizerOS said:
Well boys, you can add me to the list. I am updating my brand new PS3 right now. When it is done, Resistance is next. I don't have a headset, but if you guys need an extra guy, let me know. I will try to make my ID "Denogginizer".
Welcome :D

JB1981

DenogginizerOS said:

Oh, wow. Welcome to the club, Denog! Good to see some cross-overs. We got you and LJ, now we just need the rest of the 360 Gaf crew to pony up. ;)

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
Wont be on tonight got football. Hopefully the wedge fairs better tonight than last night.

Foozball? But the superbowl isn't until next week, right? And it's winter. Anyway, we'll miss ya. Are you playing on tuesday?
gladtomeetya.gif

DenogginizerOS

kaching said:
Denog, Send me a pm if you want to join the Clan.

Make sure you've signed onto RFOM online 1st

I am trying to do the Resistance Update right now. Once I am in, I will send you a PM.

Spooka

JB1981 said:
Oh, wow. Welcome to the club, Denog! Good to see some cross-overs. We got you and LJ, now we just need the rest of the 360 Gaf crew to pony up. ;)

Give me some money and I'll cross right over. Its worth it.

DenogginizerOS

Update Problem: I can't seem to download the patch. I keep getting a Network Error. I have been able to upgrade to 1.5 and download stuff, but this I can't do. Any ideas or help?

M3Freak

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

What's your tag and time zone?

M3Freak

Banned
Okay: I think I've got everyone updated that supplied their time zone so far. If I missed you, just mention it in the thread.

squicken: I added you to the list since I didn't see you in it.

Note: looks like PST is winning so far.

M3Freak

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Tag: Denogginizer
TZ: EST

Added

DenogginizerOS said:
For whatever reason, the patch is not downloading. Are the servers down?

I played for about 40 minutes earlier today - everything was good then. What's happening when you start the download?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Add me too.

I have zero friends on my PS3 friends list. And zero friends on my Resistance friends list. :(

'chespace' is my tag.

squicken

DenogginizerOS said:
Tag: Denogginizer
TZ: EST

For whatever reason, the patch is not downloading. Are the servers down?

For some reason I have occasional issues with the PSN servers. My NAT is type 2, whatever that means. Have you tried rebooting the system? Usually works for me.

Buddy requests sent, but only kaching can add you to the clan.

rc213

PSN - rc213 - PST

Haven't ventured into the online mode too much yet as I am still working my way through the Single Player mode. I have played a couple games with some other GAF members the other night. Game is solid online.

Safe Bet

Banned
Matchmaking could use some tweaking...

It started a DM game 6 players versus 2 for some strange reason.

Also...

Please forgive me if I don't group with you guys for a bit. The game has been acting really 'funny' for me that last couple days (perhaps my connection is haywire), my nerves are shot, and I think it best I spare you all from that sight.

:p

Safe Bet

Banned
Glad to see people are getting better with the Bullseye Tags but its totally killing my enjoyment of the game...

I want the game to play differently than it was designed to play I guess, lol.

The Jer

Safe Bet said:
Glad to see people are getting better with the Bullseye Tags but its totally killing my enjoyment of the game...

I want the game to play differently than it was designed to play I guess, lol.

Why are you posting, but not playing??

Edit: nvm. You just got on.

DenogginizerOS

Ok. I got some of your invites. I was too slow on getting into the party. Thanks Kittonwy for the invite. Sadly, I have come down with an awful cold. But I tested Resistance online in a public match and I am VERY impressed with the smoothness of the game. Wow! Looking forward to many, many matches.

Safe Bet

Banned
Yeah I'm out guys...

Its been a blast but now I can plainly see its just not my type of game...

Send me a PM if you know anyone wanting a used near-mint copy of Resistance for $50 shipped via paypal.

Good luck with the wedge and I hope to catch up with you guys on the next go 'round.

Safe Bet

Top Bottom