• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
I'll be on in 15 minutes, I just got home from work, please wait for me.
Indifferent2.gif

BuddyC

There's a good group of 16 or so on now. Just played a kickass game of Meltdown, in which our clan utterly dominated.

BuddyC

lunlunqq said:
all of the sudden, buddyC disbanded the party and kicked us out... :(
I had to take off for the night. I tried to tell you guys a couple times but I don't think anyone heard me :(

Both of my mics have been acting up all night, the same for my controller. At first it wouldn't even recognize the system, then it kept spazzing out during the matches. And I couldn't even get the Bluetooth headset I paired earlier today to connect either, though I think that's due to a problem with its charging cradle thing.

lunlunqq

BuddyC said:
I had to take off for the night. I tried to tell you guys a couple times but I don't think anyone heard me :(

Both of my mics have been acting up all night, the same for my controller. At first it wouldn't even recognize the system, then it kept spazzing out during the matches. And I couldn't even get the Bluetooth headset I paired earlier today to connect either, though I think that's due to a problem with its charging cradle thing.

no problem, man. we already have a new party going here. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sorry I missed out tonight guys. By the time I got out of work, worked out, ran into S.Q.Weak and Jake in the parking garage, got groceries, and made it home, it was late, and I hadn't ate.

Those of you with MyResistance accounts might want to check out the new announcement we made there... there is some very cool Resistance schwag in the pipeline for the prizes.

JS

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Sorry I missed out tonight guys. By the time I got out of work, worked out, ran into S.Q.Weak and Jake in the parking garage, got groceries, and made it home, it was late, and I hadn't ate.

Those of you with MyResistance accounts might want to check out the new announcement we made there... there is some very cool Resistance schwag in the pipeline for the prizes.

JS

Sweet!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Sorry you couldn't play tonight, we had a good crowd of 18-19 people for pretty much the entire duration and we were doing pretty well.

GGs tonight. Some of those breach runs were brutal (in a good way :D).

I'm starting to wonder if they should nerf the arc charger in Breach a bit. I don't mind it so much for the regular nodes, but the way it can rip the main reactor a new asshole makes it too much of an x-factor for such a team oriented mode IMO. Even if I help win with it I feel sorta guilty. :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Good games tonight, had a lot of fun. Good teamwork, gaf sure has some strategies.
jstevenson said:

JS
nice, any chance for a clan ranking system?

btw, I played with an igEricElis (I think that was his name) earlier. Name sound familar? :p

patsu

Yay ! I'm back in US. Should be able to join you guys for one of these runs. I just completed 2 games. Am a little out of touch but yeah, the players (or the matching algorithms) are better now.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Bad_Boy said:
nice, any chance for a clan ranking system?

btw, I played with an igEricElis (I think that was his name) earlier. Name sound familar? :p

Now THAT'S the man you want to talk to for Multiplayer requests :).

JS

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
jstevenson said:
Now THAT'S the man you want to talk to for Multiplayer requests :).

JS
:lol Yeah I added him to my buddylist, he said something about gaf is all the rave at insomniac's spam mail talk. lol

M3Freak

Banned
Awesome games tonight guys. I had a ton of fun - especially since I played much, much, much better than I have been for the last several games. I even came out top on one of our Breach games!

We had a couple of games on a map (can't remember the name - the one with all the ramps and trees in the middle) where I found a great spot to chuck grenades from into the opposite teams reactor. I was usually able to stand there unapposed for a few seconds - long enough to chuck a couple grenades/hedgehogs in for decent chunks of damage. I'll be using that strategy from now on!

Aeon712

Yea the games tonight were awesome, we all seemed to be on tonight. Don't think we got owned once tonight. And my kill/death ratio has raised to a .841 :D. That's up .42 from the last time I played.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Sorry for all those who added me to their friends lists but did not get accepted for like 2 weeks. :lol

I just realized that I had all these invites sitting in my friends XMB section. Damn thing never notified me that I had to go check my friends area. :p

I've accepted all your friends invites.

Also, how do I join the gaf clan for Resistance?

You know what's even more satisying than sniping someone with a headshot? Killing someone carrying a LAARK before he gets a chance to use it. It's the best, when you get close to them, you see them pointing it at you and they're getting into position to use it, then suddenly killing them and taking it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
akachan ningen said:
You know what's even more satisying than sniping someone with a headshot? Killing someone carrying a LAARK before he gets a chance to use it. It's the best, when you get close to them, you see them pointing it at you and they're getting into position to use it, then suddenly killing them and taking it.
Personally I think long range perfectly landing grenade throws are the most satisfying. :D

M3Freak

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Personally I think long range perfectly landing grenade throws are the most satisfying. :D

I've done that lots of times, and yeah, it's fun.

One time I saw a few Chimera in a fire fight with fellow GAFers, but I was too far to shoot. So, I did the next best thing: I chucked a grenade in their general direction, and because the Chimera were close together, I managed to land the grenade where it took out all three - most awesome grenade kill I've ever had.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
che, tell me what your PSN ID is and I'll send you an invite tonight.

Also, does anyone know what Mr. Spinnington's PSN ID is? He sent me a PM last night but I guess he got banned in the meantime. No reason not to add him to the clan but I can't PM him back while he's banned to confirm his PSN ID. Thanks.

BuddyC

kaching said:
che, tell me what your PSN ID is and I'll send you an invite tonight.

Also, does anyone know what Mr. Spinnington's PSN ID is? He sent me a PM last night but I guess he got banned in the meantime. No reason not to add him to the clan but I can't PM him back while he's banned to confirm his PSN ID. Thanks.
Mr_Spinnington, though when I tried to add him to my Resistance Buddy List last night, the system rejected it because he hadn't been online with Resistance yet.

Kal

I just got this game and I'm having problems creating a multiplayer offline game with bots. Can anyone help? I can't seem to find any section to put bots in the game. Whats the point in having 40p/32p/16p maps in the offline mode if you can't put bots in it?

Thanks.

M3Freak

Banned
Kal said:
I just got this game and I'm having problems creating a multiplayer offline game with bots. Can anyone help? I can't seem to find any section to put bots in the game. Whats the point in having 40p/32p/16p maps in the offline mode if you can't put bots in it?

Thanks.

I've never tried the offline multiplayer, so I have no clue how it works. Doesn't the manual explain how it works?

Kal

M3Freak said:
I've never tried the offline multiplayer, so I have no clue how it works. Doesn't the manual explain how it works?

No it doesn't, nothing about the offline mode in the manual.

Safe Bet

Banned
Kal said:
Whats the point in having 40p/32p/16p maps in the offline mode if you can't put bots in it?

Thanks.
Perhaps IG left the larger maps in offline mp so you could have the choice of playing on them if you'd like to while at the same time giving you the ability "learn" all the online maps offline?

But yeah... 'bots would be cool.

JB1981

I don't want to have to wait til Friday night to play this again, so you guys should hop on tonight around 9pm est. Thanks. ;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
I don't want to have to wait til Friday night to play this again, so you guys should hop on tonight around 9pm est. Thanks. ;)

You can count me in. Some of those Breach games last night were EPIC.

JB1981

DenogginizerOS said:
You can count me in. Some of those Breach games last night were EPIC.

Awesome. I knew I could count on ya, Denog. And yeah, Breach matches on Nottingham are especially epic - it's amazing how good this game is when you have two well-coordinated teams facing off. What an awesome game.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Awesome. I knew I could count on ya, Denog. And yeah, Breach matches on Nottingham are especially epic - it's amazing how good this game is when you have two well-coordinated teams facing off. What an awesome game.

Sometimes I hop on just to play some even though it's not an official night because it's been really fun.
Indifferent2.gif

lunlunqq said:
hi sonycowboy, why are you always playing unranked games alone? come and play with us in the clan games.

It's mostly because:

a) My 22 month old daughter is running around screaming her head off
b) I'm not on at the time of the scheduled clan games (Because of said daughter)
c) On the 3 or 4 occasions where I've responded to the invite, the darn games are full.

Mostly, it's a matter of scheduling. I usually play before 9PM EST (6PM PST). I'll try harder ;)

Top Bottom