• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Spooka

I broke down and bought a PS3 this week and would like to be added to the magical GAF clan. I played for a while last night with some of you and was virtually loved by all. My tag is : Spooka.

Aeon712

OK quick question so my friend can stop *****ing in my ear. When we first played Resistance co-op the screen was top and bottom. Atleast that's what he's saying I really don't remember. Now everytime we play it's side by side. I'm not bothered by it but he seems annoyed since you can't see as much. Any way to get it back to top and bottom?

Marconelly said:
In that case, you need to adjust the TV for overscan. When you set the PS3 to 1080i, Resistance actually plays in 480p mode.

That makes sense. However, I'm not sure how to adjust it for overscan. There doesn't seem to be anything like that on the menu. It's a Westinghouse 19" HD monitor, 1440x900 if that helps. 720p is the native res, obviously.

J-Rzez

Spooka said:
I broke down and bought a PS3 this week and would like to be added to the magical GAF clan. I played for a while last night with some of you and was virtually loved by all. My tag is : Spooka.

Yeah, it was nice gaming with you late last night... You have to PM Kaching on here with your info specifically...

Yay! finally made it to the leaderboards... 448 in K/D ratio 2.508... time to go celebrate with some Taco Bell :p

BuddyC

Aeon712 said:
OK quick question so my friend can stop *****ing in my ear. When we first played Resistance co-op the screen was top and bottom. Atleast that's what he's saying I really don't remember. Now everytime we play it's side by side. I'm not bothered by it but he seems annoyed since you can't see as much. Any way to get it back to top and bottom?
If I'm remembering right, Resistance co-op is side-by-side on 16:9 displays and top and bottom on 4:3 sets.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I love Resistance and I think it is the best online game on console thus far in this young generation.

just needed to say it without someone coming in here and giving me their opinion on what an opinion should be in order to be an unopinionated opinion. ouch.

tanod

when is my burrito
DenogginizerOS said:
I love Resistance and I think it is the best online game on console thus far in this young generation.

just needed to say it without someone coming in here and giving me their opinion on what an opinion should be in order to be an unopinionated opinion. ouch.

Thanks for opining. I really liked your Resistance: Online thread, btw.

It's encouraging to see people picking up PS3s for this game like yourself.
Killer App indeed.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DenogginizerOS said:

opinions are opinions so opinions can be opinions even if they are not opinions. or something like that. :D

;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
A bit OT but I noticed that since the 1.5 update the overscan on my ps2 games is a lot worse. :(

1.5 borked UPnP for me. It appears that people with D-Link wireless routers are getting this strange error. Reistance works great, but I can't download anything worth a damn via wireless.

The Jer

I know this is on MyResistance, but I thought it was super cool, so I figured I'd post it.

List of Helpful Guides/Important Topics

The list has links to a breach guide, meltdown guide, weapon strategies, etc. But what I found particularly interesting was 'printer-friendly maps'. I know someone Tuesday night was talking about making maps up to post and discuss. I think it may have been Aeon, but I don't remember for sure and its hard to tell whose talking on the party screens sometimes. I just figured this may be an easier way to go about it rather than making up all those maps yourself.

lunlunqq

urrr... will you guys play tonight? i feel very sleepy now (never went back to sleep since I got up at 2:00AM this morning), but i will set up an alarm to make sure i wont' sleep over this time...

SleazyC

lunlunqq said:
urrr... will you guys play tonight? i feel very sleepy now (never went back to sleep since I got up at 2:00AM this morning), but i will set up an alarm to make sure i wont' sleep over this time...
:lol

I'll be on tonight probably around 8 or 9PM EST.

M3Freak

Banned
lunlunqq said:

I'll play tonight. Probably be there around 8:00 p.m. EST.

I wanted to do the campaign some more today, but screw it. Not in the mood.

OT: I rented RR7 last weekend. Played it and didn't like it very much. Probably needed to give it more time, but I can't bring myself to put the damn game in the drive.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I know people hide inside the walls in a few spots on Rooftops. Today I was playing on Grimsby (I think...the board with the buses lining the edges) and I ended up behind a wall in the middle. I think I jumped up an air-vater shooting at someone and next thing I know I am looking up through the floor. I hope they get those patched up :D

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Oooo, we really should get into some CTF games some night. Back in college we used to play 16-player Halo 2-3 nights a week (all night) and we always started with a ritual that was essentially just like grade school Captains picking teams.

I was always picked first for one of the teams because I was the best flag-runner. Those were the days.

Yeah, it was especially satisfying because it was a "gaf win", it was great to have everyone on the same team.
Indifferent2.gif

SleazyC

Big-E said:
I am behind in my school readings which means I will be free to play tonight at any time.
:lol

Looks like my project is taking longer then I thought it would. I'm not sure when I will be done with it but if its before 12PM EST I'll hop on and see if any of you guys are still on.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Well guys, I had my date cancel on me tonight, so I'm eating grilled brats, drinking beer and about to fire up Resistance.

Let's get this party started.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
jstevenson said:
Well guys, I had my date cancel on me tonight, so I'm eating grilled brats, drinking beer and about to fire up Resistance.

Let's get this party started.

We got as good group going right now!

lunlunqq

hi guys, sry i'm late. so this lady called me out for dinner... and on our way back she suggested we should go to a movie, so i said ok... after i finally got home, my gf started calling me and asked all kinds of questions...

SleazyC

acklame said:
which mode do you guys usually play? how do i find the GAF clan games? are they labeled as "GAF" in the game title?
Mostly play ranked games you gotta hop on when we have a party going.

acklame

SleazyC said:
Mostly play ranked games you gotta hop on when we have a party going.
whenever i clicked on ranked games it just dumped me into some random game. then again, i don't think i'm in the GAF clan yet.

M3Freak

Banned
acklame said:
whenever i clicked on ranked games it just dumped me into some random game. then again, i don't think i'm in the GAF clan yet.

Once you're part of the clan, just sign in and wait for someone to invite you to the party. If you're the first one there and you know more people are coming, start the party yourself and invite people as they come on.

patsu

The Jer said:
Those games of Resistance tonight were fun. I wasn't expecting so many people on so late. I just turned on my PS3 to see if anyone else was playing :) . The game where we played no one was the best (I was the idiot laughing like a little girl :)).
14 GAF on 0!!!! The Bullseye bombs and the bulleye halos and starting and stopping the lark rocket inches from another player. I decided to take some screen captures. Most of them turned out TERRIBLE. They ones linked below are just the ones that turned out awfull, which is a minor step up from terrible (poor capture quality ftl). And so, I leave you with the dual-wield.

446317snapshot_200728_0007.gif

http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/309495snapshot_200728_0022.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/943045snapshot_200728_0020.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/366226snapshot_200728_0011.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/359104snapshot_200728_0014.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/60285snapshot_200728_0000.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/882529snapshot_200728_0001.gif
http://www.imagemozilla.com/images/446317snapshot_200728_0007.gif

Just got back from a full day trip/meeting. Great pictures ! We had 2 games where the other team (leader) quit/drop connection on us. So we own the entire battlefield like a picnic. We didn't get to play wedge also.

Sorry for hopping in and out of the games. My play time is sporadic because of wife and kid. I usually play from 12am PST and up.

EDIT: Wait a minute... so you had your mike on ? I didn't hear anyone talk throughout the entire session. Need to check my PS3 settings (I yanked out my USB webcam after some unsuccessful testing).

Aeon712

Great games tonight, stayed on till 3am tonight my longest yet. I now have to smooth things over so I don't get yelled at tomorrow. I don't understand girls, they tell you to play your little games then get mad when you do :-/.

patsu

Doom_Bringer said:
Is it possible to connect a PS3 to a computer monitor that supports 720p, 1080i? Right now my monitor is connected to my X800XL with a DVI connection. Urge to buy PS3 is rising rapidly

Yes. This is what I do. I bought an LG Flatron Widescreen (19") for USD250.00 from BestBuy, hook it up with a USD15 HDMI-DVI cable from Fry's... and use PS3 like a desktop computer.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
<---- dotcom guy. A fun first night for me with the clan. I guess I'll have to find my USB headset - haven't used it since Socom 2 days :) I assume most of you have mics huh?

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Great games tonight, stayed on till 3am tonight my longest yet. I now have to smooth things over so I don't get yelled at tomorrow. I don't understand girls, they tell you to play your little games then get mad when you do :-/.

It usually means the opposite, like "I would like you to listen to me complain about work", you have to really worry when she shows you the new knife set she bought, that's when it's time to lock the door and wait until things blow over.
Indifferent2.gif

That said I've slept on the couch a few nights because of this game. I happen to like the couch very much.
Indifferent2.gif

kammy

Banned
My PS3 and resistance is coming in a few days.

In multiplayer, are there many people playing this online? Are 40 player games common?

Agent X

kammy said:
My PS3 and resistance is coming in a few days.

In multiplayer, are there many people playing this online? Are 40 player games common?

Yes, there's a large amount of people playing, and it's easy to get into a 40-player game on most nights.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wollan said:
Don't forget about the scheduled match tonight at 6pm PST.
Gotta give props to Wollan, IIRC the guy doesn't get his ps3 for another month but he keeps the gaf clan on track. :p

I'll try to make it tonight, might be caught up with the gf.

Dante

Hey, Is there a way to drop or throw grenades behind you, I'd swear people are offing me with this technique quite freaquently. Either that or I just don't see em coming :)

Top Bottom