• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Agent X

J-Rzez said:
Hey guys... I can't figure out why I keep getting feedback in my mic... I had an USB mic before hooked up and got that "echo", now I have a BT headset and get it still... what could be the issue? Last night I shut it off so you guys didn't have to deal with it, but I tried it again later on when it was just a couple of us and it didn't do it nearly as much...

Is the voice output (from other users' chatter) coming out of the headset, or the TV? If it's the TV, then I would suggest turning the volume down on the TV (although other users would probably hear some game sounds from the TV too, not just voice).

If the microphone on the headset is close to the headset's speaker, then try adjusting the microphone away from the speaker.

djkimothy said:
It was funny. Someone on the mic was like "They're running on the walls!" I had a WTF moment when I saw it for myself. The comical up and down motion of the player I think distracted me which lead to my early demise. :lol

It was a great tactic. They knew we, as humans, would likely only be able to throw one frag grenade, that "wall ride" tactic helped them avoid all but the direct-hit throws.

djkimothy said:
Kudos to the brave few who broke the ranks and managed to do some damage to their base. I thought we mae have gotten back into it after capturing alpha. But they were relentless.

Yes, but as soon as they got their fourth node back, and those mines started popping up in the tunnel to their base, it was over for our attack.

Lots of fun though. Makes me happy I'm not in a really hardcore "competitive" clan though. We dish out a lot of routs, but when someone hands us our own asses, we can still have a good time. Hey, sometimes you need to feel what it's like to be on the other end of a GAFing.

JB1981

WHO is playing tonight?! I'm off work, slept in today and ready to tag some asses ( ..... ) ....

who's with me?

Btw, on the nottingham map Alpha is prime real estate. That node HAS to be captured if you want to get into the enemy's base. The offense should fan out to alpha and the other nodes along the outer right edge of the map. The middle node isn't that big if you got a strong D.

Kittonwy said:
It's fine because sometimes I like to hear what I sound like on someone else's headphones.
Indifferent2.gif

...says the guy who never talks! :lol

Agent X

JB1981 said:
WHO is playing tonight?! I'm off work, slept in today and ready to tag some asses ( ..... ) ....

who's with me?

WWE Raw isn't on tonight, so I might join you for some blastin' action later.

ghostmind

My already hurting kill/death ratio took a pounding last night as I kept on trying to break through the blockade outside our base... thankfully someone made it through and captured Alpha for everyone to spawn from - but those base defense mines were brutal...

Aeon712

djkimothy said:
It was funny. Someone on the mic was like "They're running on the walls!" I had a WTF moment when I saw it for myself. The comical up and down motion of the player I think distracted me which lead to my early demise. :lol

:lol think that was me, I was truly amazed by it considering I never thought of using the walls besides as a way to fool people with the granade by having it bounce off of them. I won't be on tonight since I'm stuck at work now and will be right back here at 7am.

Man, I just played through the last two levels after finally getting around to calibrating my new TV, and god damn is it pretty. The clean style that Insomniac uses doesn't always work perfectly, but when it comes to architecture and atmosphere like in the last two levels, it's about as good as games get these days. I can't even begin to imagine how hot Ratchet PS3 is going to look.

tanod

when is my burrito
Reposted for EVEN GREATER justice. See you tonight.

Wollan said:
Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST. In other words.. Get in there now bitches!.

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat - EST
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain-N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST
Google - deanplayd
3rdamention - Filth_Flannigan
KTallguy - KTallguy
MrBob - MrBob2k7
acklame - Gamabunta

llTll - X-E-N-O-N

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Christopher

hey guys I'm on the EST time - but I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to log in and set everything up, bear with me, I promise by next week when my ****ing Sony SXRD :D :D :D comes that I'll play with you guys more.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Crap forgot today was an official meetup, I'll be on at 9pm with everyone else. Was wondering if anyone was gonna play tonight.

Wollan

Oh yeah, thanks for posting that. The forum problems made me shut out all my 'duties'. :p
Regarding that, I'm soon going to be traveling back to Australia again (from Norway, next week) and that means I will get a crazy new day-rhythm to live by. That means that I won't be able to do the 'call to arms' anymore since I would have to wake up early in the morning to do so. I'm not that dedicated.

If anyone feel that they are able to uphold the rhythm of notifying people of the games (with a post or two) on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as keep updating and have full responsibility for the 'list', please say so. I'm looking for a successor. :)

tanod

when is my burrito
Good games tonight. I'm back in grad school until May so I may not be on quite as much.
If I'm ever gonna be a supreme commander though, I gotta kick it up a notch.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Great first time playing tonight. Alot of competitive team play (with headsets!) that i've been dying to have ever since i got this game. The only thing that sucked was when i went on a bathroom break and my drunken roommate got on the headset and played a round. he was the "poser", if you guys remember. Sorry about that, haha.

The Jer

Great games tonight. I had to duck out earlier than I would have hoped. I'm a little dissapointed I missed the drunken roommate. Always entertaining playing with you guys.

M3Freak

Banned
TONX said:
Great first time playing tonight. Alot of competitive team play (with headsets!) that i've been dying to have ever since i got this game. The only thing that sucked was when i went on a bathroom break and my drunken roommate got on the headset and played a round. he was the "poser", if you guys remember. Sorry about that, haha.

Yeah, we were all left going "Uhhhh....".

Anyway, you might have been kicked from the clan. If you were, ask kaching to add you again. It's not your fault your crazy drunken roommate decided to yell at us while we were trying to play.

Kittonwy

Banned
TONX said:

Lolz, that's alright.
Indifferent2.gif

lunlunqq

Great games tonight, except for that TMD game and gf calling me twice during our breach games...

sorry for leaving you guys like that. I was suddenly kicked out of the PSN because of a "network connection error..." :( i think we are having this type of errors more and more recently. JS, you guys may want to consider putting up more servers... ;)

Safe Bet

Banned
Just wanted to say...

Anyone that bitches about 40 player games hasn't had the pleasure of taking part in a 10 vs 10 stairway stand off yet...

Wedge Rules

Also, now that more people are learning the maps and starting to communicate, the game is playing as it was meant to be played...

"Need some help at Alpha.."

"There's a few of them at Charlie.."

"We've got Delta back no need for anymore guys here..."

It was a joy to be a part of...

Thanks GAF

tanod

when is my burrito
Safe Bet said:
Just wanted to say...

Anyone that bitches about 40 player games hasn't had the pleasure of taking part in a 10 vs 10 stairway stand off yet...

Wedge Rules

Also, now that more people are learning the maps and starting to communicate, the game is playing as it was meant to be played...

"Need some help at Alpha.."

"There's a few of them at Charlie.."

"We've got Delta back no need for anymore guys here..."

It was a joy to be a part of...

Thanks GAF

You are welcome. We'll miss ya but it's nice to see you standing up to the Xbots on the forum. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
I shut one of them up by saying my kill death was better than his.

I replied by saying he needs a girlfriend.
Indifferent2.gif

Sidenote:

Saw a few people playing tonight after finishing another stage on superhuman, really wanted to join but I'm way too sleepy right now, is anyone playing tomorrow?

Top Bottom