• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY CLAYRAY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Navid

Kinda hoping Djokovic wins this just so we can have at least a chance of seeing someone winning all 4 grand slams in a single year...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
IMO if Novak wins this, he is the GOAT and I don't think it's that disputable. I mean, I think he is anyway, but CYGS is something else. It's the ultimate pinnacle of the sport.

miserable

Murray already cashed in his "twist of fate" card at Wimbledon 2013. Now, there is nothing he can do to escape the inevitable darkness.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
IMO if Novak wins this, he is the GOAT and I don't think it's that disputable. I mean, I think he is anyway, but CYGS is something else. It's the ultimate pinnacle of the sport.

it's not cygs if he doesn't win them all in the same year.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
it's not cygs if he doesn't win them all in the same year.

Alright, NCYGS, doesn't matter. It's arbitrary whether you start at the AO as opposed to Wimbledon, makes no real difference.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Alright, NCYGS, doesn't matter. It's arbitrary whether you start at the AO as opposed to Wimbledon, makes no real difference.

it absolutely does. you lose a match in a grand slam and you will have to wait until AO to start again. with ncygs, you can start right away in the next slam.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
it absolutely does. you lose a match in a grand slam and you will have to wait until AO to start again. with ncygs, you can start right away in the next slam.

I mean, there are less opportunities to win the CYGS as opposed to the NCYGS, but for any given NYCGS opportunity it is equally hard to win as the CYGS.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I mean, there are less opportunities to win the CYGS as opposed to the NCYGS, but for any given NYCGS opportunity it is equally hard to win as the CYGS.

i disagree. the fact that you do it over two seasons alone means it is not as remarkable of an achievement.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
not exactly as you don't have an off-season in a CYGS.

I suppose Djokovic's would also exclude the Channel Slam, so none of the difficult grass-clay adjustment, so perhaps a little worse than a full CYGS, but either way, it would sufficient to put him clearly ahead of the rest of the field in the GOATstakes.

Ricker

What's up with the drop shots so early on?

I realise this is a rhetorical question but the usual...tricks the opponent and makes them run and tires them,looks good when it works but usually makes you look like an idiot when they hit the net lol

I suppose Djokovic's would also exclude the Channel Slam, so none of the difficult grass-clay adjustment, so perhaps a little worse than a full CYGS, but either way, it would sufficient to put him clearly ahead of the rest of the field in the GOATstakes.

Federer would have 2 CYGS if not for Nadal and Nadal is clearly better than Wawa or Murray on Sand. I don't think it would be that clear but it is a great achievement.

oti

Banned
I realise this is a rhetoric question but the usual...tricks the opponent and makes them run and tires them,looks good when it works but usually makes you look like an idiot when they hit the net lol

I know, but that many? Drop shots to me are always a signal of a player trying to cut the rally short.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Federer would have 2 CYGS if not for Nadal and Nadal is clearly better than Wawa or Murray on Sand. I don't think it would be that clear but it is a great achievement.

On the other hand, Federer wouldn't even have a CGS if it wasn't for Soderling, whereas Djokovic actually has beaten Nadal at RG, so swings and roundabouts.

clemenx

Banned
I know, but that many? Drop shots to me are always a signal of a player trying to cut the rally short.

I mean, these 2 players on a good day are basically
TennisCourt3.jpg

So I guess something needs to be done at some point :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray looking absolutely ruthless at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom