• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Serena is about to lose another major final. The good thing is she doesn't seem to give a f**k about it. She still has a good 3-5 years to win more titles i guess.

Serena definitely not herself today.

Disappointed, but she will have a few more chances, and making the final is still a good result.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
would be interesting to see how muguruza would deal with serving this out after failing to convert all those match points.

oti

Banned
What the hell are you talking about? Women's tennis without Serena Williams would be a tragedy. We need her.

2 Slams in a row where someone has come out and not just beaten Serena, but outplayed Serena.

The future is bright if this continues and Serena doesn't just bully her opponents into submission. Tennis is saved.

Not sure whether intentionally or unintentionally stupid post.... and I don't like it.

LuuKyK

What the hell are you talking about? Women's tennis without Serena Williams would be a tragedy. We need her.

Lol no.

Serena is way past her prime time and she is not getting any younger.

Tennis needs new stars like Mug, not for a fading star to keep winning until she is 50 yo.

Carl2291

Not sure whether intentionally or unintentionally stupid post.... and I don't like it.

I know, I need to appologise for that.

It's 3 slams in a row, after she bottled it at the US Open too. Let's hope we see something similar at Wimbledon and we have 4 Slams held by first time winners.

bigfurb

Maybe it is time for the other girls to step up?

Depending on the best player getting worse to "save" the WTA is pretty pathetic.

Exactly, the decline of Serena is looking more like a rise in an era of mediocracy, smh. Sad day for tennis indeed if that's the case

lol you guys are telling us that others need to step up and serena lost the last 3 slams, we are happy about that BECAUSE others finally stepped up.
jeez.

We have been down this road before. Lets not play games.

Until girls start winning MULTIPLE slams then they are worthless as far as building tennis. The last thing we need is another era of 4 new slam winners a year.

"Stepping up" is winning consistently. Different girls lucking into beating an aging Serena once each is degenerate.

Serena never got to grips with Muguruza's serve, while vice versa eventually happened and Mugu broke her three times in a row (and was very close to breaking her at *3-5 too, obviously). A great win that puts Muguruza right at the front of women's tennis. At 22 years and 8 months, she's the youngest Slam champion since... Kvitova in 2011 (I think).

Tennis needs new blood, it's time for people like Serena, Federer, Nadal to just disappear from the tour. It's just embarassing to see them keep playing. Hopefully Djokovic and Murray will retire soon enough too. We already got Sharapova out at least.

We have been down this road before. Lets not play games.

Until girls start winning MULTIPLE slams then they are worthless as far as building tennis. The last thing we need is another era of 4 new slam winners a year.

"Stepping up" is winning consistently. Different girls lucking into beating an aging Serena once each is degenerate.

a 22 year old just won a slam outplaying her, she was no.4 in seedings so not a real shocker, we'll see more of her. My fave Bencic is 19 and has shown that she can consistenly outplay good players, we'll be fine.

a 22 year old just won a slam outplaying her, she was no.4 in seedings so not a real shocker, we'll see more of her. My fave Bencic is 19 and has shown that she can consistenly outplay good players, we'll be fine.

Very easy to say.

Heard it about so many others during the last 10 years who are all still sitting at one or two slams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom