• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Clayray's opponents and that evil impostor Mugray are trying to prevent the inevitable, but one simply cannot cheat the destiny. Clayray for the title.

fJIMGP4.jpg

I really enjoy watching Sloan Stephens play. I hope she'll come back in a big way.

If she beats Pironkova, it will be her 5th straight year into the 4th round at Roland Garros. Clay is her favorite surface and she always plays pretty well there regardless of the year she's having. She has yet to get over that 4th round hump though, so maybe this will be the year. Unlikely though since she's headed for a 4th round clash with Radwanska

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That Vandeweghe-Begu match went pretty long I see. I stopped watching at 4-4 in the third.

MIMIC

Banned
Quoted for when Clayray is victorious.

He's already struggling through the first two rounds. To qualifiers. And one is to someone I'm sure most people have never heard of. The damage is done.

I'm looking at Nadal's record and he wasn't nearly as bad.

Also, why are you so sure Murray (of all people) is going to win?

He's already struggling through the first two rounds. To qualifiers. And one is to someone I'm sure most people have never heard of. The damage is done.

I'm looking at Nadal's record and he wasn't nearly as bad.

Also, why are you so sure Murray (of all people) is going to win?

They have "Faith"

Good thing Murray decided to suck for an hour today because otherwise the matches were largely pretty boring (Vandeweghe/Begu aside). On the men's side, Raonic, Gasquet, Wawrinka, Isner, Kyrgios and Nishikori all won in straights. On the women's side, unusually, the big seeds all got through comfortably (Halep, Kvitova, Radwanska, Muguruza, Safarova, Kuznetsova, Stosur, all straights). Some good matches involving lower seeds in both draws of course, but it's nice to see some of the bigger names struggle too.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Good thing Murray decided to suck for an hour today because otherwise the matches were largely pretty boring (Vandeweghe/Begu aside). On the men's side, Raonic, Gasquet, Wawrinka, Isner, Kyrgios and Nishikori all won in straights. On the women's side, unusually, the big seeds all got through comfortably (Halep, Kvitova, Radwanska, Muguruza, Safarova, Kuznetsova, Stosur, all straights). Some good matches involving lower seeds in both draws of course, but it's nice to see some of the bigger names struggle too.

Yeah nothing too exciting from what I saw. Vandeweghe/Begu was pretty tight, and Pella/Simon wasn't bad either.

They need to support the local fans...all 20 of them that actually went to the match ;)

There isn't a more shameful sight in tennis than having 30K+ fans on site, packed courts around the grounds for the likes of Verdasco vs. Dodig, and a half-empty Chatrier for a young hopeful playing the match of his life against the #2 player in the world (except the cheap seats at the top) because the corporate spectators can't be assed to leave their food and drink. Caroline Garcia didn't get as much support as she should've done either against Radwanska on Lenglen (very vocal crowd, but not near full).

Edit: Simon/Pella had a great atmosphere. May well have helped him turn it around when down a break in the 4th, too.

Diamond

There isn't a more shameful sight in tennis than having 30K+ fans on site, packed courts around the grounds for the likes of Verdasco vs. Dodig, and a half-empty Chatrier for a young hopeful playing the match of his life against the #2 player in the world (except the cheap seats at the top) because the corporate spectators can't be assed to leave their food and drink. Caroline Garcia didn't get as much support as she should've done either against Radwanska on Lenglen (very vocal crowd, but not near full).

It's definitely a big problem. It's incredibly hard to get tickets for big courts, and they are NOT cheap. They should give less seats to companies and officials. The french federation is already in the middle of several shady scandals (one of which concerns seats sales and allotment), so I'm not exactly optimistic for a change.

Staab

Almost thought this was going to go to a 3rd set, what a weird phase :p
Glad for Timea, sad for Eugenie, would've liked to see both progress !

Ricker

Almost thought this was going to go to a 3rd set, what a weird phase :p
Glad for Timea, sad for Eugenie, would've liked to see both progress !

Yep...Bouchard didnt give up after all,she even had a 40-15 lead at 5-4 for Timea,after coming back from 5-0 but 2 unforced errors,trying to make the perfect shot, finally killed her comeback...

Saty

Yeah, super weird. I switched to the direct court feed after that. Darcis playing pretty well so far.

It's because they are showing Novak's match on british Eurosport 1 while International has the boring cycling stuff. I also now realized International viewers no longer receive the premier commentary track that has Mats and Chris and the age-old known voices we have come to expect over years of tennis. And lets not forget about the iconic logo change.

What a downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom