• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I got number 1 on the lottery?

Well there goes the suspense of "Who is my guy?" but there's a chance it's a cool dude so there's that.

And I won't win because Reigns won't be the first that's for sure.

Fox318

Well there goes the suspense of "Who is my guy?" but there's a chance it's a cool dude so there's that.

Vince could put reigns at 30 and have him eliminate 29.

But reigns gets gassed after 2 minutes in the ring so they might take an extended break in the rumble.

B8O2nAdIEAAQ70U.jpg

Verendus

Banned

I think, or hope, Bryan is number one.

These Royal Rumble matches are a bit shit lately, and it's because the wrestlers are being lazy or there aren't enough solid storylines in there. Bryan can be trusted to make it interesting because he'll work, and maybe get others more active.

Plus, the roster is mostly filled with jobbers. You need a big star to start it off so it's not boring.

Casual WWE fans and kiddies don't buy $300+ seats to live events.
They buy $10 Cena T-shirts.

Not to mention casual, hardcore, kids, adults all love Bryan much more. More than any other face since prime Rock & Austin. Reigns is going to get a shit load of heat if wins the Rumble and Bryan is in it.

kiguel182

I think, or hope, Bryan is number one.

These Royal Rumble matches are a bit shit lately, and it's because the wrestlers are being lazy or there aren't enough solid storylines in there. Bryan can be trusted to make it interesting because he'll work, and maybe get others more active.

Plus, the roster is mostly filled with jobbers. You need a big star to start it off so it's not boring.

I'm hoping for that too but given his recent injury I'm not sure they will risk having him work for an hour plus.

Also, having Bryan in the middle or end of the Rumble will get people more hyped for his entrance I think.

Linkified

I meant the number 30 entrance, but yeah, that could have been funny.

Rock and Daniel Bryan last two in the Rumble.
They eliminate each other.
Rock vs Bryan, Peoples Champion vs Peoples Champion @ Fast Track for Mania Main Event.
Bryan Wins goes on to headline WM.

Verendus

Banned
I'm hoping for that too but given his recent injury I'm not sure they will risk having him work for an hour plus.

Also, having Bryan in the middle or end of the Rumble will get people more hyped for his entrance I think.
Don't care about that.

It's an hour long match, I'd rather it's interesting from the beginning.

Rock and Daniel Bryan last two in the Rumble.
They eliminate each other.
Rock vs Bryan, Peoples Champion vs Peoples Champion @ Fast Track for Mania Main Event.
Bryan Wins goes on to headline WM.

that would actually be a good idea because I do have a morbid curiosity to see if Bryan could carry Rock to a decent match and who the fans would favor

kiguel182

Last year's Rumble was something else. I was so invested in Bryan and the whole thing.

I told so many people what happened, it was crazy.

Since they ended up doing the right thing it became a good thing the whole roller coaster we were on.

I haven't watched in almost six months but my guess is nothing has changed and its still terrible. Since its the rumble I bet they have pushed some people to provide some false hope that Roman Reigns wont win. Oh and I bet they dug up some old timer to comeback and convinced Brock to come out of his house.

Razorskin

----- ------
I haven't watched in almost six months but my guess is nothing has changed and its still terrible. Since its the rumble I bet they have pushed some people to provide some false hope that Roman Reigns wont win. Oh and I bet they dug up some old timer to comeback and convinced Brock to come out of his house.

Sums up my thoughts as well. I haven't been following actively since Mania.

BearPawB

Banned
Ok. Last year i watched a rumble..in a less than legal way. It was my first time watching a WWE event. I secretly loved it. Not enough to get invested in anything else, but enough where i just plopped down 10 bucks to check it out this year.

Hasney

Oh yeah, is Lawler still on commentary for PPV's? That would be a sweet bonus.

Roman is a good talker on these Countdowns dammit, just let him speak like that normally.

imBask

Banned
Ok. Last year i watched a rumble..in a less than legal way. It was my first time watching a WWE event. I secretly loved it. Not enough to get invested in anything else, but enough where i just plopped down 10 bucks to check it out this year.

the Rumble is fun for everyone!

StoopKid

First PPV I've watched since wrestlemania.

UberTag

God, this undercard is so shitty. No reason to tune in until the triple threat.
Imagine paying hundreds of dollars for your ticket (more than you would for WrestleMania) and getting that lineup dumped on you.
And then you don't even get to watch the guy you like win a match of consequence.

Imagine paying hundreds of dollars for your ticket (more than you would for WrestleMania) and getting that lineup dumped on you.
And then you don't even get to watch the guy you like win a match of consequence.
Royal Rumble undercard has always been shit because of the need for the guys to work double duty.

Mush

23? Well, no one has previously won (outright anyway) from there but it's still late enough in the piece for me to have a decent chance.

God, this undercard is so shitty. No reason to tune in until the triple threat.

The Accession is pretty good. I liked them in NXT. For whatever reason their Bookings in the main roster is... how do I say... Lack luster.. Their gimmick can work if the WWE stops booking them against jobbers and legends.

somedevil

People are paying money for the Rumble and the Triple threat match. This is not something new. 2004 Rumble had Brock Lesnar vs Hardcore Holly, evolution vs dudley boyz in a 4 minute match and rey vs noble in 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom