• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - GMR gives GTA: San Andreas a 10.0?

Teddman

Can those in the know please confirm or deny this latest rumor from a highly credible source:

Gmr Gave San Andreas A See Inside
"Vastly improved over the first two (On the PS2); many new, unique features."

"With such a huge enviorment, the lack of loading times seems impossible on Playstation 2."

"Improved visuals, mission variety, and loading times make this game greater than the other [GTAs], but the fun factor is what will make it Game of The Year."

10.0/10

evil ways

Pfft, as if it's any surprise. It's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, THE game of the year.

In fact the scale should've gone up to 11 just for being San Andreas

Ranger X

I can't believe this game. There MUST be something wrong, it just can't be THAT good. Not that good. I mean, how can have that much gameplay??????? Really impressive i must say. And my hype is freakin strong.
Halo what? Metal Gear Solid who? What does hypefor other games mean when you have the GTA hype...

Vargas

evil ways said:
Pfft, as if it's any surprise. It's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, THE game of the year.

In fact the scale should've gone up to 11 just for being San Andreas

Damn straight.

olimario

Banned
I just hope the gameplay has been greatly improved.
Small load times and huge environments mean nothing to me if it plays like VC.

Wyzdom said:
I can't believe this game. There MUST be something wrong, it just can't be THAT good. Not that good. I mean, how can have that much gameplay??????? Really impressive i must say. And my hype is freakin strong.
Halo what? Metal Gear Solid who? What does hypefor other games mean when you have the GTA hype...

Halo 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, that's who!!! :)

...I've never played a GTA game after the original GTA...they're just...too popular...although this one has me interested a bit more than the others.

Gek54

Date of Lies said:
...I've never played a GTA game after the original GTA...they're just...too popular...although this one has me interested a bit more than the others.

Damn popular games dont make me teh hardkoor

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would believe it. You pretty much have to give GTA:SA a good score or everyone will bake your buns. Imagine giving Halo 2 a 7.5 or Metal Gear Solid 3 a 5.0. They would find your body in the river a week after the review hit the net...

Scores don't matter, pretty much everyone is buying it no matter what.

Date of Lies said:

Weakest reason to not play a game(s) ever.

Gek54 said:
Damn popular games dont make me teh hardkoor
I want to be teh h0rdc0re, just like those female gamers :(

But seriously, the games don't appeal to me that much, I was joking about the "too popular' thing, if you hadn't noticed.

Insertia

Date of Lies said:

That's just...idiotic.

Plz don't hate, I didn't mean any disrespect to the precious, or should I say godly, yes godly Grand Theft Auto franchise.

Date of Lies said:
I was joking about the "too popular' thing, if you hadn't noticed.

Although I'm not going to hide the fact that the hype DID alienate me from GTA:VC, I would have given the game a shot had I had the oppertunity, it just never came up..

Hellraizah

IJoel said:
Amen!

Hopefully they fixed the shitty controls.
......and the shitty graphics
........ and the shitty gameplay
....... and the shitty targeting system
........ and the shitty collision detection
....... and the shitty clipping issues
........ and the list goes on and on and on

Blinky

Next to Final Fantasy, GTA is the most overrated series ever. I'm not saying they aren't good games. But seriously, they're slightly above average, not revolutionary.

Get over it.

Edit: Seems I'm a bit late... -_-

"Improved visuals, mission variety, and loading times make this game greater than the other [GTAs], but the fun factor is what will make it Game of The Year."

10.0/10

Gotta be fake. They aren't even using proper significant figures!

Hellraizah

Sorry, I didn't want to troll, but I'm always wondering about how a game with gameplay so poor can get such high scores. Sure, it's really a revolution in "free-roaming", but the missions are boring as hell, mostly because most of them rely on luck rather than precision and skills. When I was playing GTA 3, I did almost all of the missions by finding an exploit in the way the game is done rather than trying to do it the right way, because there was no precision whatsoever in the controls, and you never saw what you wanted (or had to) see with the camera.

One example of this is when you get to the part of the town in GTA 3 where there's a lot of mafiosos. You get an icon that puts a machine gun (or shotgun, doesn't really remember) in your hands, and you have to kill an X amount of mafiosos. Someone tell me that they did this without finding a shitty exploit like "stay on top of this builiding, and shoot them down as they reappear".

belgurdo

Banned
Hellraizah said:
Sorry, I didn't want to troll, but I'm always wondering about how a game with gameplay so poor can get such high scores. Sure, it's really a revolution in "free-roaming", but the missions are boring as hell, mostly because most of them rely on luck rather than precision and skills. When I was playing GTA 3, I did almost all of the missions by finding an exploit in the way the game is done rather than trying to do it the right way, because there was no precision whatsoever in the controls, and you never saw what you wanted (or had to) see with the camera.

One example of this is when you get to the part of the town in GTA 3 where there's a lot of mafiosos. You get an icon that puts a machine gun (or shotgun, doesn't really remember) in your hands, and you have to kill an X amount of mafiosos. Someone tell me that they did this without finding a shitty exploit like "stay on top of this builiding, and shoot them down as they reappear".

It's easy to get around the Mafioso bullshit...just do everything that needs to be done before you move on to Staunton Island.

And I can't recall any time that I had to resort to blind luck to finish a mission. Trial and error and lots of weapon practice, yes, but not doing things like using ambulances to get on roofs and chucking molotovs or anything like that

Pimpbaa

It takes skill not luck to do missions in gta 3 or vice. After playing gta 3 so much, vice city was a cakewalk to me. I'm hoping San Andreas is brutally hard.

Insertia

There's no such thing as 'luck' in GTA games. The gameplay is as straightforward as gameplay can be.

Hellraizah said:
Sorry, I didn't want to troll, but I'm always wondering about how a game with gameplay so poor can get such high scores.

Trust me, you're in the minority.

"When I was playing GTA 3, I did almost all of the missions by finding an exploit in the way the game is done rather than trying to do it the right way"

There is no one way to complete missions, which I love. There's truly different ways to complete each mission, ones that I bet the devs never even thought of. Some people think of them as exploits, I think of it as being creative, using everything within the game world to your advantage. Example, durring that kill tanner mission I got so frustrated (because of how hard it was, not a mecahnis problem) that I memorized tanners route, drove ahead got out and aimed my rocket launcher at him as he was driving towards me. Mission accomplished, but the first time I tried this the moving wreakage ran me over (in 1st peron view no less) and killed me. One of the coolest gaming moments ever for me, I still haven't forgot about it 3 years later. GTA's are unpredictable, that's where I find the most fun from.

Again, folks. This is REIROM.

OMG, GAFERS ARE OWNED CRYING . REIROM AM GOD!!!!!

Even a broken clock can be right twice a day, but I wouldn't put a lick of stock into anything that comes out of that broken english Brazilian mouth.

But, that's just me.

If it's true, great. If not. GAFERS OWNED. REIROM ARE KING!

Pimpbaa

werther said:
I'm not interested in this game at all. It's ass and I hate it and every thing it stands for.

If you are not interested at all, then why the hell did you come into this thread?

Chipopo

Banned
man, read through werther's post history. It's a riot. Especially when reading them with the voice of Warren "frank and beans" from Something About Mary.

pilonv1

Might I suggest official troll topics (similar to the unused Fable troll topic) for GTA and Halo 2? And bannings for those not using them?

Top Bottom