• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1p1ex

-The fact that you assumed he was doing nothing more than seeking attention.

-The fact that you failed to read that his sources were completely different from the unverified reddit sources.

-The fact that he never claimed to be an insider(which you believed to be the case), but simply a messenger.

-The fact that he clearly said all his info was to be taken with a grain of salt and that none of it was earth-shattering.

- The fact that he and his sources were verified by the mods which is a big deal, yet, you didn't seem to think it was.

Just saying, it's pretty shitty to make assumptions and be so dismissive of 10k when you clearly didn't care to gather the facts from the beginning. He has nothing to gain from this. If you'd follow him a little more closely, you'd see he's not out looking for attention and internet fame.

lol.
The only part you got right was I don't hold being "verified by the mods" to mean the same as credible independent information.

Meesh

Stay tuned. You don't know that yet.
You have my immediate attention lol.
2965039-2016.jpg

When the foundation of a franchise is high-fantasy RPGs, you can't really blame people when they get a sequel that's neither of those things.
Just wanted to add I really dig this style as well, hope they keep it but it wouldn't surprise me if it was somehow updated for E3.

DrWong

lol.
The only part you got right was I don't hold being "verified by the mods" to mean the same as credible independent information.
But it's not meant to be a "credible indenpendant information". It's a rumour, a consistant one but still a rumour "to take with a grain of salt". It's clear from the start.

tr1p1ex

But it's not meant to be a "credible indenpendant information". It's a rumour, a consistant one but still a rumour "to take with a grain of salt". It's clear from the start.

IT's so clear you guys are arguing with a guy that is taking it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully Nintendo announces next week their E3 plans and not mid may like last year.
All those fake leaks should make them realise that people really wanna know more about their upcoming console and they should take this little bit of hype and expand it.

Hopefully Nintendo announces next week their E3 plans and not mid may like last year.
All those fake leaks should make them realise that people really wanna know more about their upcoming console and they should take this little bit of hype and expand it.

Yeah. In 2014 I think they announced it April 29. So we know they can do it this month especially with a new console coming. I'm stressing lol

Do you think we'll get a new Zelda tech demo for the NX considering the port rumors? It would seem weird to have a Zelda game actually coming and a tech demo of what a completely different Zelda game would look like exclusively on the hardware too.

I'd rather they make Splatoon 2 as it was already successful on the Wii U, but i guess they're really aiming to push the NX as hard as they can and having Splatoon there first thing would be beneficial.

I don't think they'll jump ahead with things because of the fake leaks, they've waited this long they might as well stick to their initial plans.

MK_768

Do you think we'll get a new Zelda tech demo for the NX considering the port rumors? It would seem weird to have a Zelda game actually coming and a tech demo of what a completely different Zelda game would look like exclusively on the hardware too.

No. We will see a trailer of Zelda U/NX

I'd rather they make Splatoon 2 as it was already successful on the Wii U, but i guess they're really aiming to push the NX as hard as they can and having Splatoon there first thing would be beneficial.

I don't think they'll jump ahead with things because of the fake leaks, they've waited this long they might as well stick to their initial plans.

Nah, I don't mean that they will throw their old plans over board and will show the system earlier because of the leaks. Just that they might use the little bit hype that has been around for a while and tease the crowd with an announcement for an announcement in the next week or say next two weeks.
My guts tell me we will jear something from Nintendo this month...but my guts told me to bet on Dortmund tonight...*sigh*

Instro

Given the truncated announcement and launch, I wouldn't expect much in the way of tech demos since they'll have software to show off for the upcoming release and launch window.

Tech demos are what you show when you don't have software to show.

I do love me some Zelda tech demos...but yeah, would be a rough spot. The Wii didn't get one, right?

Pinky

Banned
lol.

Okay...

Did you cross check all that or just assume it's true. YOu're talking 10 and 15 years ago. :) It's a rumor !!!!! IT isn't news.

And I don't believe the 10k rumor is an independent source. He played up his posting of information and then ....he posted nothing new. That's a red flag for me that the source of his rumors are the same internet reports we all read the past week or so.

Played up would equal seeking attention, amirite? Also, 10k said his info wouldn't be some huge, jaw-dropping revelation. He pretty much hinted his info would be based on previous rumors, but would have more backup from people in the know. Yet, you still acted surprised. 10k also stated that his sources were completely different. He has no reason to lie about that.

Yeah except I can't imagine the mods are Judge Judy or anything. And someone doesn't have to be nefarious in order for me not to believe their information or to not believe their information doesn't ultimately come from the same internets rumors we've already heard.

Well, you admitted to this one, so...

It doesn't have to be deliberate bs to not be true or independent. Big red flag when someone sits there for 10 posts about how they are going to post some information and is getting verified and then...it's the same information as 5 days ago. Why all the drama? There's nothing specific or new. It's the same vague stuff. That's a red flag.

My take is this is not a new source of rumors. Also these latest rumors we've heard regarding ports and power are vague enough to mean anything. We still haven't heard any good dirt on the NX.

Again, he never hinted that his info was brand new or not based on old info. The purpose of his post was to show that other (reliable)sources are confirming some of the same things along with some extra tidbits. He even went to the trouble to tier the rumors/confirmations so we could understand which rumors might hold more weight and which ones may not.

He was very adamant from the beginning that all info be taken with a grain of salt.

Sheroking

This is the logic to not hurt WiUU sales
They want the most of people buy the game on WiiU

No, they want most people to buy the NX for Zelda.

I'm positive the only reason the Wii U version still exists if they fear a backlash from Wii U owners who are unhappy the game isn't coming.

Banned
NEX works better as a name for the family of devices than any one particular device.
Yeah out of all the Reddit fakers, that name sounded really good and something that would make sense while also sounding "Nintendo" like and having that touch of nostalgia.

KAL2006

Banned
I think Nintendo shouldn't go all out with ports. It doesn't give the system that new feeling.

The only games that would benefit a port in my opinion are Super Smash Bros as that game has the while AmiiBo thing going on and they can continue to build on it and keep adding DLC characters and stages.

The other game is Mario Maker, once again this game is more like a platform they can continue building on and having user created levels to be continued would be appealing.

Finally Zelda but that would really be a port, more like a multi platform release so it doesn't really count.

Games like Splatoon and Mario Kart, Nintendo are better of teasing Splatoon 2 and the next Mario Kart. I personally think the next Mario Kart should expand then roster tracks to other Nintendo franchises like Smash Bros.

The launch and first year just needs to feel fresh to get people excited.

here would be my ideal line up (this isn't including multiplatform games)

Launch - Fall 2016
Super Mario 3D Platformer
Super Smash Bros Port
The Legend of Zelda
New IP from Rare or Metroid Prime 4

Q1
Pikmin 4
Mario Maker DX
AmiiBo World (Disney Infinity Rival)

Q2
Moneyhatted 3rd Party IP
New IP

Q3
Luigi's Mansion 3
New IP
Moneyhatted 3rd party IP

Q4
Super Mario Smash Kart
Splatoon 2

MK_768

Playable at E3 I should hope, the U version I mean.

NX and Wii U versions will probably be playable at E3

This is the logic to not hurt WiUU sales
They want the most of people buy the game on WiiU
Nah. They want people buying it on NX.

I think Nintendo shouldn't go all out with ports. It doesn't give the system that new feeling.

To who? The 12M people who got the Wii U? Big whoop. The ports aren't for them. Also, it worked for Sony lol.

The launch and first year just needs to feel fresh to get people excited.

here would be my ideal line up (this isn't including multiplatform games)

Launch - Fall 2016
Super Mario 3D Platformer
Super Smash Bros Port
The Legend of Zelda
New IP from Rare or Metroid Prime 4

Q1
Pikmin 4
Mario Maker DX
AmiiBo World (Disney Infinity Rival)

Q2
Moneyhatted 3rd Party IP
New IP

Q3
Luigi's Mansion 3
New IP
Moneyhatted 3rd party IP

Q4
Super Mario Smash Kart
Splatoon 2

Three Triple AAA 1st party games at launch, let alone in a single quarter, ain't gonna happen.

KAL2006

Banned
Three Triple AAA 1st party games at launch, let alone in a single quarter, ain't gonna happen.

Smash Bros is a port
Zelda is a port

That only leaves 2 triple A first party games. A game from Rare and Mario game from EAD Tokyo. Shouldn't be hard to pull off. Especially since both teams haven't done anything for a while. Didn't Sony launch with Killzone and another Triple A game although they were not successful. Wii launch window had a ton of games didn't it? Wii Sports, Zelda, Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy not all at launch but in the first year.

Instro

It's really hard to even speculate on a lineup without knowing how the handheld figures into all of this. Do they share some games, does the console get all handheld games, etc. That will change the first year software lineup dramatically.

-The fact that you assumed he was doing nothing more than seeking attention.

-The fact that you failed to read that his sources were completely different from the unverified reddit sources.

-The fact that he never claimed to be an insider(which you believed to be the case), but simply a messenger.

-The fact that he clearly said all his info was to be taken with a grain of salt and that none of it was earth-shattering.

- The fact that he and his sources were verified by the mods which is a big deal, yet, you didn't seem to think it was.

Just saying, it's pretty shitty to make assumptions and be so dismissive of 10k when you clearly didn't care to gather the facts from the beginning. He has nothing to gain from this. If you'd follow him a little more closely, you'd see he's not out looking for attention and internet fame.

Oh my god Pinky!! Stahp!! You destroyed him, going for the heart! lool

Banned
Smash Bros is a port
Zelda is a port

That only leaves 2 triple A first party games. A game from Rare and Mario game from EAD Tokyo. Shouldn't be hard to pull off. Especially since both teams haven't done anything for a while. Didn't Sony launch with Killzone and another Triple A game although they were not successful. Wii launch window had a ton of games didn't it? Wii Sports, Zelda, Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy not all at launch but in the first year.
Nintendo bought back Rare? Megaton!!!

MK_768

Smash Bros is a port
Zelda is a port

Zelda may be a port but it's a new game. So no...it's 3.

And no it's not hard to pull off, it's just not wise.

Earendil

The first week of May, I am moving from Colorado to Florida, and will be in an RV with the wife, two kids, dog and guinea pigs. I likely will not be able to keep up with any NX news during this time. It stands to reason then that there will be a full blow out of the system while I am off the grid.

You're welcome guys.

Nanashrew

Banned
wind waker 2 existed and died for the f*cking OOT remake!?

i want Aonuma's head.

Nah, you want the Zelda fanbases heads and how they all kept saying Wind Waker was for babies because of its cutesy art style. Fans demanded that Nintendo go back to the style and feel of OoT. That's what real fan pressure is and not whatever anyone else was saying in the other Zelda rumor thread.

This kind of pessimism is hilariously over the top. The NX family of systems is set to do at least as well the 3DS if it has the same flow of software and a better launch year than that.

Yes it will be a 2nd console to most - 2nd to PC, probably. The problem with PS4 and XBO is that they're not compatible with the PC - they're doing exactly the same thing. So Nintendo needs to avoid copying that at all costs. They will have to offer a Japanese console experience that is not available on Steam.

Peru said:
hilariously over the top

breville-vin301-soleplate-b_1.jpg

MuchoMalo

Banned
First post! :D

How would you all feel if Zelda played very differently on Wii U and NX, to the point that it might feel like you're missing out on something either way?

Also, somewhat long analysis of what's possible tech-wise soon.

My point was that if the NX releases with the power of the PS4, with the price of a PS4K ($399), it's destined to fail. Because that's exactly what happened with Wii U: power of PS3 (if that), price of PS4.

This time the PS4k would be less than 2x as power though, while PS4 was like 10x Wii U. It would still be a better value than XBox One at launch lol.

I don't think was should be talking about strategies that are "destined" to succeed/fail since it involves some sort of oversimplifaction every time.

Meesh

Nah, you want the Zelda fanbases heads and how they all kept saying Wind Waker was for babies because of its cutesy art style. Fans demanded that Nintendo go back to the style and feel of OoT. That's what real fan pressure is and not whatever anyone else was saying in the other Zelda rumor thread.
I was totally not one of those fans, I was in the pro camp. I always enjoyed how expressive and unique the experience felt visually and saddened that we'll probably never see it again. That's partly why I like the art direction of the new Zelda, it feels like a compromise between "realistic" and "toon" which is perfect. Certain actions or cinematic moments might actually be heightened or contrast with the visual style making things a little more memorable, like how Link plunges his sword into Ganons head in WW. Could not believe what I was watching at the time...

ec0ec0

ok then

I wish I could rip out the hearts of all of those "Wind Waker is for babbies" peeps back in the day.

knowing the truth s*cks, i was happier before.

Ad0ve

Banned
have you guys seen how Links model and Hyrule look in MK8?

Like the artstyle is cartoony but the shading and color are kinda realiatic?

Thats my dream Zelda

Nanashrew

Banned
I was totally not one of those fans, I was in the pro camp. I always enjoyed how expressive and unique the experience felt visually and saddened that we'll probably never see it again. That's partly why I like the art direction of the new Zelda, it feels like a compromise between "realistic" and "toon" which is perfect. Certain actions or cinematic moments might actually be heightened or contrast with the visual style making things a little more memorable, like how Link plunges his sword into Ganons head in WW. Could not believe what I was watching at the time...

What drew me to Zelda was Wind Waker. It was my first game and I just really liked the look. And my past experience as a kid trying out the MM kiosk and getting freaked out by the transformations did nothing to get me into the series.

EDIT: It was also my first pre-ordered game too so I did get to actually play OoT too!

Pineapple

The clock is quickly running out for Nintendo if they want to formally unveil the NX before E3. If there isn't an announcement of that announcement within the next few weeks, then we'll probably just have to wait until E3.

It's my hope that we get something before E3, as I would prefer that during E3 Nintendo focuses more on technical specs, gameplay, launch titles, price, release date, etc.

Roo

The clock is quickly running out for Nintendo if they want to formally unveil the NX before E3. If there isn't an announcement of that announcement within the next few weeks, then we'll probably just have to wait until E3.

It's my hope that we get something before E3, as I would prefer that during E3 Nintendo focuses more on technical specs, gameplay, launch titles, price, release date, etc.

Orgen said we definitely will get NX news before E3. Whether it's at their earnings release or at a separate event/direct is still up in the air.

edit: so you have a reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198876118&postcount=5861

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom