• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you link that guardian article please?
The Guardian article is not online but was a quote from the paper around May. I can't find a direct link. I read the quote from the Guardian article on Telegram.

Question: I don't want to risk breaking the rules and I am aware talking politics is against the rules which makes this confusing. Would posting sources from sites like Telegram be against the rules?

The Guardian article is not online but was a quote from the paper around May. I can't find a direct link. I read the quote from the Guardian article on Telegram.

Question: I don't want to risk breaking the rules and I am aware talking politics is against the rules which makes this confusing. Would posting sources from sites like Telegram be against the rules?

Check with a mod or post your links. Telegram is not a source unless it's communication from an official account, it is used to repost sources the same way as Twitter. It is also used to share Russian propaganda, funnily enough.

Last edited:
Here is one about mercenary deaths

Can anyone warm me if any rules are being broken and I will remove whatever link it is

Last edited:
Russian военкор account, i.e. lies and propaganda 146%.
I know that guys biased. But telegram has been more useful then twitter for getting details on both sides from personal experience.

Even Zelenskiy is here

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Here is one about mercenary deaths

Can anyone warm me if any rules are being broken and I will remove whatever link it is

hUhAU0U.jpg

Ironbunny

Yes, I know. Naturally western news outlets don't like reporting on this stuff. I do have a link to a clip of mercenaries with American accents getting gunned down. It's gruesome footage though so I expect that definitely will be against the rules.

The foreign fighters deaths have been reported. Viewed little that slava Z telegram channel and it seems to fuze reality with horseshit. Quite typical pedaling of truth and fiction that ruZZia has been doing from the get go.

Last edited:
The foreign fighters deaths have been reported. Viewed little that slava Z telegram channel and it seems to fuze reality with horseshit. Quite typical pedaling of truth and fiction that ruZZia has been doing from the get go.

Let me know what they are taking out of context.

Maybe you are slow so I will explain this. They are not reporting on the amount of mercenary deaths anywhere to the same degree.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with telegram.
It has everything to do with 90% of bullshit on these военкор acvounts.
They do have some mildly entertaining value, when Ukraine advances and they invent excuses for it.

Agreed. But I don't think it's 90% bullshit. Looking at that account months back they got several things right and the drone footage is useful.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Let me know what they are taking out of context.

Maybe you are slow so I will explain this. They are not reporting on the amount of mercenary deaths anywhere to the same degree.
They aren't mercenaries. They are foreign legions that have taken an oath to fight on behalf of, and under the command of, Ukraine armed forces. They arent soldiers of profit, like Wagner.

The fact you keep calling them mercenaries is an absolute tell, and no one is buying your bullshit.

They aren't mercenaries. They are foreign legions that have taken an oath to fight on behalf of, and under the command of, Ukraine armed forces. They arent soldiers of profit, like Wagner.

The fact you keep calling them mercenaries is an absolute tell, and no one is buying your bullshit.
I have seen plenty of videos of PMC mercenaries getting killed the last 2 months so I will continue trusting my eyes and ears. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Agreed. But I don't think it's 90% bullshit. Looking at that account months back they got several things right and the drone footage is useful.

They also posted what they called "british army papers" detailing assessment of ukrainian troops training on the uk and the assessment concluded that the ukrainians had the IQ of donkeys.

They also happened to be poorly made fakes because you know, "british army papers" don't tend to cite american laws and regulations and use american lingo in their legal boilerplate at the top and bottom of the pages.

Just because these channels report things western media doesn't report, doesn't make it true. You know, like rybar reporting that between the 5 and 10 of october russia would nuke an ukrainian base or that greenhouse lights reflecting off clouds are secret nuclear lasers.

You need to follow basic info hygiene: follow both ukrainian and russian telegrams, compare and find the matches... but that's only useful for frontline news. And frontline news is the only thing these telegrams are good for.

You need to follow basic info hygiene: follow both ukrainian and russian telegrams, compare and find the matches... but that's only useful for frontline news. And frontline news is the only thing these telegrams are good for.

That's exactly what I do. Due to the propaganda war being launched by both sides of this conflict I check multiple accounts. There is also some more neutral accounts on telegram that try to cut through the crap on both sides which I find pretty useful.

iamblades

Even if they were mercenaries, I fail to see how fighting because you are getting paid is somehow worse than fighting so you don't get sent to the gulag is.

Even if they were mercenaries, I fail to see how fighting because you are getting paid is somehow worse than fighting so you don't get sent to the gulag is.
Not?
One you could just not do. The other you have to face extreme repercussions.

I prefer people who don't fight no matter what. If just all people would do that

Check with a mod or post your links. Telegram is not a source unless it's communication from an official account, it is used to repost sources the same way as Twitter. It is also used to share Russian propaganda, funnily enough.

That is a common argument used by pro Russian groups.

Certain people like David Sacks, Glenn Greenwald, and that Mearshamer guy who are either anti US or anti NATO etc also use it as an argument as well to make peace deals.

Last edited:
I disagree.
Putin is a political thug, a dictator and a war criminal. But you know there is more to this conflict then just him.
Yup, there's also Russian people who overwhelmingly support him.
A lot of stupid Americans who support him too.
Israel who is laundering money for Russian oligarchs (although Iran supports Putin).
And countless amount of other idiocy going on.
If people had a shred of memory and some critical thinking this war would end in the summer by de-nuclearizing Russia.
Unfortunately we gonna live in this clown world for some time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom