• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Babalu.

Just downloaded some patch on 360.

But am I getting some kind of glitch in the professor genki hard activity in henry mills? The whole screen is blocked by a giant purple almost cross thing and I can't see what i'm doing. I got through some of the level but without being able to see a lot of anything, i just cant get through it. Is it suppose to be like that?

When I pause it I have a split second to see the full screen, otherwise it goes back to being blocked.

Is it suppose to be like that? I'll post pictures later if requested.

I restarted the mission a few times, did other missions, restarted xbox. Is itjust suppose to be hard like that or what?

edit: nvm it fixed itself after a restart.

Just downloaded some patch on 360.

But am I getting some kind of glitch in the professor genki hard activity in henry mills? The whole screen is blocked by a giant purple almost cross thing and I can't see what i'm doing. I got through some of the level but without being able to see a lot of anything, i just cant get through it. Is it suppose to be like that?

When I pause it I have a split second to see the full screen, otherwise it goes back to being blocked.

Is it suppose to be like that? I'll post pictures later if requested.

I restarted the mission a few times, did other missions, restarted xbox. Is itjust suppose to be hard like that or what?

Sounds like a glitch, I never saw anything like that that I recall.

Grisby

Does going to a 'Image as Designed' place start you out with a blank slate again or can I just tweak some stuff on my guy?

Don't want to pay the money and have it all erased.

Aske

Goddamn, this game just keeps on giving. I'm loving how at this point you keep getting awesome shit bestowed upon you after just about every story mission. Just met the mayor...magnificent. The story missions are so, so good. Can't be said enough.

After initially being slightly annoyed by the lack of taxis/fast travel, I've grown to appreciate the atmosphere created by having to drive everywhere. With nitro and a fast car it's never much of a chore, and it lets me stop to smell the roses (violently murder dozens of people) or work on the shopping list of stuff needed for the My Hero trophy. However, I wish the airport was less out of the way. I don't muck about with my airplanes as much as I'd like to, just because getting to them is a major hassle. Maybe next time we'll be able to teleport between cribs. But I'm thankful for the V-Tol. All the joy of a plane in a vehicle I can access from my helipads.

One thing that will irritate me on future runs is the inability to quickly obtain infinite sprint. You have to level a long, long way to pick that up; and I loved how once you knew which activity you had to complete in SR2 you could get it as soon as you wanted. I generally love the levelling system, but I wish I had more choice of what to upgrade when. I hope in SR4 I can dump all my exp into infinite sprint and get it with a few hours play before levelling other skills, or that it reverts to being an unlockable.

Volition did an amazing job of keeping this game bug-free. I can live with a few weird clipping issues or collision detection glitches, but it's nice to play a game like this and never deal with that kind of thing. The most (only) irritating bug in SR2 was that using saved outfits in the wardrobe would occasionally cause the game to crash. In SR3, I haven't seen anything I could call a glitch or a bug of any kind. That's a first for me with an open world game this big.

The only thing that profoundly annoys me about SR3 are the constant pop ups telling me things I already know and have been doing for 45 hours. The worst of these is "press triangle to access crib". It kills the immersion of actually being in the crib. Probably seems like a small thing, but it stops the cribs from feeling like places I own and can choosr to hang out in, and makes them feel like sophisticated menus. So much better to just visit the bedroom and interact with the wardrobe to change clothes, or walk over to the weapons cache to change loadout.

But whatever, this is comparatively small stuff. Game is still amazing, and I will buy pretty much all the DLC THQ serves up.

Does going to a 'Image as Designed' place start you out with a blank slate again or can I just tweak some stuff on my guy?

Don't want to pay the money and have it all erased.

You can tweak stuff as long as you don't change sex or use one of the racial presets. And it'll warn you before you do that.

angelfly

Wow just had two Genkis show up back to back during a Mayhem mission. Easy money since I had unlimited ammo for the Annihilator.

Grisby

Just got a mission were I was
naked and drugged.
Jennifer Hale, that is Jennifer Hale for the female VA right, deserves an Oscar. The lines were so damn funny.

I was too harsh on this game's combat. Once you get upgraded weapons (ideally dual pistols with explosive bullets) and health, it gets pretty good. It still sucks that they made side missions into main story missions though. They also need to put out a women character's arms patch to make them look less buff.

I've read a few tricks to get gang members walking around once you beat the game but none are working for me. Anything surefire? Taunting 50 is all I've left to do.

Xanathus

What's the optimal way to find/spawn a Genki, should I just drive around in a fast car or run (with infinite sprint)? I suspect that driving too fast may cause him to spawn and despawn too quickly. Over 40 hours played and I haven't seen a single one.

SmithnCo

What's the optimal way to find/spawn a Genki, should I just drive around in a fast car or run (with infinite sprint)? I suspect that driving too fast may cause him to spawn and despawn too quickly. Over 40 hours played and I haven't seen a single one.

Yeah, I'm thinking driving too fast would cause him to despawn unless you're really quick about stopping. Maybe you could try the hoverbike in slow mode if you have it.

I've read a few tricks to get gang members walking around once you beat the game but none are working for me. Anything surefire? Taunting 50 is all I've left to do.

What I wound up doing was a trick involving Mayhem missions. There's a Mayhem mission really close to a Friendly Fire in Deckers territory, and what you do there is wait for a car to come by, shoot it until it catches fire (so the Deckers don't get killed in the explosion and don't drive away immediately), then run inside the Friendly Fire to clear your notoriety. With no car to drive away in, the Deckers just default to patrolling and will respond to taunts.

Just repeat that until the mission timer ends, exit the mission, and go start it again. Eventually you'll hit 50.

The hands down easiest way is to join a friend's game where there are still gang members running around. Find gang members, taunt, kill them, run back to a store you both own, repeat and rinse.

So I made the gods damn perfect Dr. Manhattan but the rub is - there's no voice that could possibly do it justice.

Think I'll either compromise by making a Mrs. Manhattan, or else go full on zombie (Zombie voice is fucking hilarious, seriously. He even sings.) or try to make the perfect Jack Burton :)

Character creation is hard, man. That's why I just kept it simple and went around with a scantily clad redhead supermodel with a knack for homicide and rally driving for my first run through. Call me juvenile but it was always fun to watch in third person.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Found,uh, that Genki guy out in the wild. The cat took a ton of ammo but eventually I was able to smote his ruin upon the sidewalk.

Does he give you anything? Didn't seem like it.

Oh is that special? He showed up for me almost immediately in the game, literally in the first hour of gameplay.

Edgeward

Aww, just when I decide to install the replay mission mod. The patch comes out and breaks it. Gonna have to wait before I skydive to Power again

Aske

Just finished the game. What a ride! Up there with Saints Row 2 as the best campaign in an open world game by a country mile, and one of the best campaigns in a game regardless of genre. So much fun. Both endings are fantastic too. I remember people saying that the 'good' ending is by far the best? Totally disagree. I liked the 'bad' ending just as much, if not slightly more.

So, if I finish the game with the good ending, and then play the bad ending afterwards on the same save...I just get the best of both worlds? Seems I can (ending plot spoiler)
still call up homies who didn't make it through the bad ending
and I get all the unlockables from both endings. I'm unsettled! I feel like I have to pick one ending, but I honestly can't decide how I want the story to wrap up. I love that Volition let us play both paths, but now it feels like some kind of horrific Schrödinger's cat situation in which I've somehow opened the box twice.

Whatever. Fucking awesome game. Along with Gears and Mass Effect, it's my franchise of the generation, and I couldn't pick between those three.

Also, just found out that if you call up multiple homies, they'll talk to each other! Sure this has been mentioned in the thread before, but it was new to me, and it was totally sweet.

Here's my first Stillwater Butcher. 47 hours, 35 minutes; 10,163 kills, and still has a handful of side missions to finish up before I start over with a new character.

20111213-8nmuuysemkcggi5mbrcxiabjhg.jpg

Just got a mission were I was
naked and drugged.
Jennifer Hale, that is Jennifer Hale for the female VA right, deserves an Oscar. The lines were so damn funny.

It's actually Laura Bailey. I played through the whole game thinking it was Jennifer Hale and was surprised when I saw the credits.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Played nearly 30 hours so far and I haven't even seen him once :(

I didn't shoot him... I was too confused at what the fuck was going on. He was just jumping around like crazy and running back and forth between me and the enemies. I thought he was attacking them at first.

ultron87

Hmm, I've played ten hours and have 9 missions left according to the stats screen. That makes me a bit sad.

Kind of stinks that a bunch of the missions in the middle were just "here's an introduction to every single kind of activity".

I'll probably do some challenges and activities for awhile just to rack some money to be nice and decked out for the end of the game.

Hmm, I've played ten hours and have 9 missions left according to the stats screen. That makes me a bit sad.

Kind of stinks that a bunch of the missions in the middle were just "here's an introduction to every single kind of activity".

I'll probably do some challenges and activities for awhile just to rack some money to be nice and decked out for the end of the game.
Yeah good idea. Money is very important, there is a shit ton of crap to buy!

I suck at Trail Blazing.

Do anyone have pro tip for Med and Hard level for Carver Island?

Look for the patches of fire on the ground and prioritise hitting those over hitting anything else, because they trigger a massive chain-reaction of explosions. Other than that just keep hitting pedestrians like Neuro said.

Also PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SmithnCo

Some of the later missions can be brutal so getting as much upgrades as possible is a good idea.

So far I have about 40 hours or something and basically only have to do the vehicle theft missions to get 100%. Can't wait for the DLC missions.

Look for the patches of fire on the ground and prioritise hitting those over hitting anything else, because they trigger a massive chain-reaction of explosions. Other than that just keep hitting pedestrians like Neuro said.

Also PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh yeah I forgot about that, definitely do that too.

Meh, I finished everything except 15 collectibles without buying any upgrades :p
Dual fully upgraded Deathblossoms is insanity. Its like having a chaingun you don't have to wind up. You only need to think about squeezing the trigger to make things die.

That, maxed sprint, homie vehicle delivery and max grenade count upgrades are the things I couldn't live without.

The_Dude

Yeah, after I finished I had about 3 million dollars left, so I went nuts with upgrading. It's fun being able to take on a tank on foot without having to worry about anything!

So... are there some glitched trophies I didn't know about, I haven't been in this thread before.
I have +95% on two islands left and that's it but there isn't anything left to do. The map says I have one gang operation to kill on each island but the map is blank when I try to bring up only those activities. :(

Top Bottom