• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
j29wWR.gif

Omg, I am saving this for later if you don't mind lmao

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I meant more official sources obviously. How long does Amazon take to get the episodes up? Cause if that's the easiest way I'll just grab the season pass. Also is it tied to their specific video player or?

Adult Swim has them on their site to stream with cable/satellite credentials. Looks like each episode will be up for a month.

B33

Banned
I meant more official sources obviously. How long does Amazon take to get the episodes up? Cause if that's the easiest way I'll just grab the season pass. Also is it tied to their specific video player or?
I use Amazon and this past episode was up at 4:02 AM (EST). This is more or less consistent with other shows I've purchased through Amazon.

I usually wake up the following morning a new episode airs and watch it without an issue.

Xe4

Banned
Looking at the credits of the most recent episode, all of the named daughters have a name that starts with A.
They are:
Ami, Avi, Aki, and of course Ashi.

Nobody does color contrast and single pallet scenes better than Genndy.

Dude is a fucking genius and if I were adult swim I would throw money at whatever his next project is.

The fucking colors, use of lighting, null space, how everything works anatomically is just perfect. You don't see that level of detail in most modern Hollywood animated features anymore.

Welp so much for that.

Jack gives no fucks whatsoever.

Nobody does color contrast and single pallet scenes better than Genndy.

Dude is a fucking genius and if I were adult swim I would throw money at whatever his next project is.

The fucking colors, use of lighting, null space, how everything works anatomically is just perfect. You don't see that level of detail in most modern Hollywood animated features anymore.

i would selfishly say get back Symbionic Titan but i'm all for something new also lol

Just saw the latest episode. Man, was that incredible. Excellent animation and it was great to see us explore Jack's past even further, even if it was only for a few scenes.

Plus the opening with Jack drifting away in the water, with no dialogue, and blood flowing out of him. Just plain perfection.

Just saw all three first episodes back to back. Really good show, really loving every episode. Directing it more like a movie instead of individual stories with an overarching plot really makes me want to wait and watch it all in one go but I know I won't have the will power hahaha.

Zubz

Banned
I guess it's the same with Megas XLR. I remember being so confused that they can do that. I still don't entirely get it.

Wait, I knew there was something screwy with MEGAS, but I thought it wasn't disposed of as a tax write-off like Symbiotic Titan? I thought they just intentionally shelved the project.

Prompto

Banned
This has been straight up amazing so far. I can't believe Sony still has someone like Genndy doing Hotel Transylvania movies.

Shirke

This kinda stood out to me with how extreme it looked, but I feel like with all that blood spilled from being stabbed in the gut and floating down the river, Jack really should have died from blood loss. If not then, pulling out the dagger should have made him bleed out even faster or even infect the wound. Not to mention Jack manages to recover without any proper medical aid.

But Jack is Jack and he's awesome plus he's gotta get back, back to the past.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just little thing about Jack's hallucinations.

I'm thinking that they're setting up a fight against Jack and "Hallucination Demon Jack", Jack's hallucination of himself looking a lot more animated and monstrous this episode compared to the last definitely is cluing into that I think. The series is definitely building up to it, and the potential there for a very stylish & dark fight is extremely high, a very literal mental struggle at this point with caricature demon Jack. I look forward to it, I have a feeling the "Mental Jack" battle that's being set-up has the potential to be one of the coolest fights in the series. Just a hunch.

Man, I usually don't pay much attention to end credits, but it stood out to me that the "THEY'RE COMING!" frog is voiced by Phil Lamar. Who is also Jack?! Looking through his IMDB page it's insane how many cartoons/movies that I love that he's been a part of. He's incredibly talented :O

Zackat

is there anywhere I can see the post episode 3 stinger? I just watched the episode on the toonami website. Man it was good.

So, did Genndy happen to read Vagabond at any point in time? Because the latest episode of this final season reminded me a loooot of Vagabond (mainly its earlier chapters).

This kinda stood out to me with how extreme it looked, but I feel like with all that blood spilled from being stabbed in the gut and floating down the river, Jack really should have died from blood loss. If not then, pulling out the dagger should have made him bleed out even faster or even infect the wound. Not to mention Jack manages to recover without any proper medical aid.

But Jack is Jack and he's awesome plus he's gotta get back, back to the past.

realism has never really been the appeal of this show. Why not question that Jack can jump a mile high.

Zubz

Banned
So do you guys think there going to pull some April fools day shenanigans with Samurai Jack, like have this play instead

That aired on Toonami?! That had to have been after it became the "Several hours of Naruto & 1 hour for Not Naruto" block because I absolutely do not remember this fever dream. ... I hope they'll take that route this Saturday.

they'll likely play The Room.

I'd say I'd doubt it since they did it 3 years in a row prior to the surprise Toonami Test Run, but every April Fools since from [as] has been lackluster; the one year they just played an ATHF marathon where each character won or lost "points" depending on where they were on the screen (Between his size & prominence, the winner was never not going to be Master Shake, side-note), & last year the joke was to actually hype up their April Fools night for once, only to air the regular schedule.

Either they're holding back for several years before putting in something efforted, or they've gotten lazy enough to the point we'll just have Year 4 of The Room. Either way, this is the first April Fools Day that Toonami's had since the reboot, so I'm curious to see what happens!

Just little thing about Jack's hallucinations.

I'm thinking that they're setting up a fight against Jack and "Hallucination Demon Jack", Jack's hallucination of himself looking a lot more animated and monstrous this episode compared to the last definitely is cluing into that I think. The series is definitely building up to it, and the potential there for a very stylish & dark fight is extremely high, a very literal mental struggle at this point with caricature demon Jack. I look forward to it, I have a feeling the "Mental Jack" battle that's being set-up has the potential to be one of the coolest fights in the series. Just a hunch.

I definitely appreciated how inhuman he looks, but I think that could just be a sign that Jack's experiencing some depersonalization between his depression, the trauma of taking a human life, & his suicidal ideation. Granted, a physical fight between Jack & that form'd be dope, but I don't know if that's how this is going to culminate.

TWILT

Banned
This show is so good. Just saw the latest episode. They did such a fantastic job bringing this series back and remembered what made the original show so great.

Cess007

Just watched the chapter and holy shit at the scene
in which the wolf and Jack see each other in the cave bathed in blood
. The art and style in that scene is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom