• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Hey Best Friends GAF!

Finally got my account activated, though I've been following these threads for some time now (ever since they were being burned through almost weekly at one point)

Been watching Best Friends since... I'd like to say they'd finished Resident Evil 2 and were in the middle of Silent Hill: Downpour, it was from one of their Machinima videos that I found their channel, though I do remember having seen Matt's Street Fighter TAS-videos somewhere before that.

The reason I stuck with the Best Friends is because we like the same things: Platinum is one of my favorite developers (I bought Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 even though I don't have a Wii-U), the Persona-games (3 and 4, mind) are some of my favorite games ever (the rest of SMT that I've played has been great, too), I have a great interest in fighting games (though unfortunately I seem to lack the drive to really get good at them), etc.

Can't think of a great way to finish this, so just, hey, I'll be occasionally posting here from now on, carry on :).

Hoy, welcome to the thread.

Jonami90

Neo Member
You haven't lived or laughed until you've braved the Ride to Hell.

Yeah, parts of Ride to Hell are golden, but at other times the game itself tries its best to drag it down (the limp combat and some stages that just drag on, for example). It's not Matt and Pat's fault.

Still a real good LP, don't get me wrong.

Silent Hill & Konami - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Matt & Pat of Super Best Friends Play
Hey Best Friends GAF!

Finally got my account activated, though I've been following these threads for some time now (ever since they were being burned through almost weekly at one point)

Been watching Best Friends since... I'd like to say they'd finished Resident Evil 2 and were in the middle of Silent Hill: Downpour, it was from one of their Machinima videos that I found their channel, though I do remember having seen Matt's Street Fighter TAS-videos somewhere before that.

The reason I stuck with the Best Friends is because we like the same things: Platinum is one of my favorite developers (I bought Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 even though I don't have a Wii-U), the Persona-games (3 and 4, mind) are some of my favorite games ever (the rest of SMT that I've played has been great, too), I have a great interest in fighting games (though unfortunately I seem to lack the drive to really get good at them), etc.

Can't think of a great way to finish this, so just, hey, I'll be occasionally posting here from now on, carry on :).
Hey glad to have a new guy again. Remember your here forever

So now that the month of Shitstorm's over, the few games that I enjoyed were:

Forgotten Memories
White Night
Silent Hill Origins
Fatal Frame 5

Forgotten Memories being my most favorite due to it being a perfect Not-Silent Hill, and it also helps that they've finished the episode. I hope they would consider finishing some of these, especially White Night since we all know they would eventually do Origins anyway =p

Fat4all

Banned
So now that the month of Shitstorm's over, the few games that I enjoyed were:

Forgotten Memories
White Night
Silent Hill Origins
Fatal Frame 5

My favorites have been:

Layers of Fear
Martian Gothic Reunification
Nightmare Creatures
While Night
Albino Lullaby
Nevermind
Narcosis
Powerdrill Massacre
Forgotten Memories
Lakeview Cabin Collection
Spooky's House of Jumpscares
SOMA pt1

Much better than last year for me, but there were some clunker episodes this year for sure.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Happy Halloween, frienders!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition -- MB-75351FF35036AAD9 - Taken by miniDood. 93 entrants total.

t1446420949z1.png

Do something special to celebrate your extra hour tonight.

Oh yeah, forgot to congratulate Mr. McMuscles on his marriage, so congrats. Now all you need is a house with a white picket fence and 1.5 children.

Happy Halloween, frienders!

Do something special to celebrate your extra hour tonight.

Living up to that tag. Already own a copy, so good luck to everyone else.

Anung

Un Rama
Anung's shitstorm of spoopyness breakdown.

Layers of Fear - A great start. Very interesting game from a design point of view.
Alien Resurrection - An unexpectedly great game but the video could have been a little better. Matts lack of orientation skills tank the video.
Lucius II - Way better than I thought it'd be. The idea of a demonic hitman game is super interesting
Martian Gothic Reunification - Loved it. Love old school Resi clones
Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh - Didn't do anything for me. Game looks identikit.
BlackSoul - Game didn't do anything for me and the poor audio killed it.
Deliverance - Meh
Kholat - Game looks gorgeous but it doesn't play to their strengths (orientation, listening etc)
Penumbra Necrologue - Has promise as a shitstorm but they fumbled it.
Clock Tower - Loved it. The games style while dated is timeless and the commentary was great.
Obscure II The Aftermath - Wow, this really is proto-until Dawn.
Nightmare Creatures - I have incredibly fond memories of this game so this was a nostalgia trip. Matt is really good when he is super in to a game.
Ritual On Weylyn Island - Really interesting game. Looks nice with great pacing and a cool premise.
Silent Hill Origins - Not the Silent Hill game you'd expect. I don't care for this game but the guys are at their best when talking about the series.
The Suffering Ties That Bind - Meh, not much going on here.
White Night - Really underrated game that they surprisingly done justice in their video.
Stairs - Game was great but they killed this video just as it was getting started.
Outlast: Whistleblower - A huge disappointment as I was really excited. Was really sad watching them walk around not knowing what the hell to do or basic things.
Dungeon Nightmares 2 - Looks generic but was a really fun video.
Nightmare House 2 - Half-life 2 mods are cool.
Nevermind - Interesting game premise but a bit of a nothing video.
D2 - This is fucking bizarre.
Narcosis - Loved it. LP's really well and looks really immersive and creepy. Fuck the ocean.
Powerdrill Massacre - I love the graphics of this game...they are perfect. Seeing Pat getting his emotions messed with was great.
Forgotten Memories - Super impressive for a ipad game. One to watch methinks.
Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares - Should have been co-op.
Fatal Frame 5 - Not watched because I'm playing it first.
Lakeview Cabin Collection - Loved it as a game and a shitstorm video. It was nice seeing the dynamic switched where Matt is knowledgeable and Pat is confused/scared.
Spooky's House of Jumpscares - Hilarious. Such a a simple concept executed perfectly

Now to wait for 5hitstorm of 5cariness!

Guys, I gotta ask. I'm watching this SOMA lp and... I'm wondering if I should run out and buy it right now.
Worth it? Or am I gonna get what I need just watching the lp?

I wonder if we'll get a "Huntin' and Killin' with Matt and Liam: Yakuza 5"

because that game has hunting in it

I'm pretty sure Pat's the only one who actually plays Yakuza tho.... I must continue to be a downer.

Guys, I gotta ask. I'm watching this SOMA lp and... I'm wondering if I should run out and buy it right now.
Worth it? Or am I gonna get what I need just watching the lp?

I'm pretty sure Pat's the only one who actually plays Yakuza tho.... I must continue to be a downer.

It's more focused on narrative than Amnesia, for sure, so you probably wouldn't miss that much by watching the LP. However, it's a good story that can really get you thinking, and while it isn't too heavy on gameplay, what's there does a good job of creating a tense and unsettling atmosphere. Having commentary on top of that might sully the experience for you.

Can't hurt to play it on your own first anyway, if you like games like this. It's not that long and you'll be done well before the LP finishes.

Alfebit

Banned
Pat's not even using the Skullgirls PS4 theme

smh

Anywho, congrats on getting married Matt. I know you don't read these threads but I'm saying it anyway.

Watched the Soma episode. I'm too much of a baby to play it but this looks pretty great. Though there are some areas where the game is too dark and the quality of the video fucks up.

Don't know what it is about Soma but I don't find it scary at all, I think it has to do with me not finding robots or machinery scary. Sure, it's creepy but nothing more than that. That's not a negative though, game still looks great.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Watched Soma part 1, no real spooks so far but I have seen some parts of the game that I can imagine will be a lot more tense. The concept and plot seem really interesting.

Lol at this thread's tastes in themes

Gaf dark theme all the way

Also, welcome jonami but remember once you're hooked, you're hooked for life

Watched the Soma episode. I'm too much of a baby to play it but this looks pretty great. Though there are some areas where the game is too dark and the quality of the video fucks up.

theres only like 3-4 monsters and you can troll most of them, trust me youll be fine
its worth playing before you watch the LP

Anung

Un Rama
SOMA LP is off to a good start. They seem to be playing in a more methodical manner and actually listening/reading so hopefully it'll help them and not make it super frustrating for us as the viewer.

Pat
"GUESSED IT" air quotes.
One of the reasons I can't stand watching it
Wish he'd just ditch the pretending bullshit.

Haven't played MGSV, but insn't this is a thing gaffers have been giggling to themselves prior to release anyway, that
Venom Snake isn't Big Boss?

Pat
"GUESSED IT" air quotes.
One of the reasons I can't stand watching it
Wish he'd just ditch the pretending bullshit.

Bruh, the twist was super obvious. Like, it was so obvious, that i thought it was supposed to be common knowledge, and not a twist.

Anung

Un Rama
Bruh, the twist was super obvious. Like, it was so obvious, that i thought it was supposed to be common knowledge, and not a twist.

I know its obvious, that's not the issue I have. I just find the dancing around it, playing dumb and pretending he knows less than he obviously does (The Skull face scene) really annoying.

Top Bottom