• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

Sure hit the nail on the head with that Kung Fury and Asura's Wrath thing. It's one of those things you assume they'd like, but somethingsomething snobs or expecting the wrong things.

:/ I really wish they didn't actively spoil plot points and motivations in UDGs. Its really annoying.

For those who wants to skip UDG and maybe Monster spoilers time stamp is 1:42:00~
Do you have an actual timestamp from blank to blank? I assume you mean 1:42:00 is when it stops because I listened for a little bit before that and they were getting dangerously close. I decided to just skip to 1:42:00 and they seemed to stop.
Does anyone feel weird out how Matt and Pat easily justify killing to proceed? I mean if it was not a real choice I could understand but I get the feeling you don't have to kill them.

Also-

*robot shines a light for Pat*
"You're hostile! You're making my vision all weird!"
tumblr_nx80hvjETZ1r5w32ao1_500.png

Also his solution always seems to be kill. I have no mouth and I must scream had him actually succeed with that solution when he decided to kill one of the first people he saw at one point.

Sure hit the nail on the head with that Kung Fury and Asura's Wrath thing. It's one of those things you assume they'd like, but somethingsomething snobs or expecting the wrong things.

Do you have an actual timestamp from blank to blank? I assume you mean 1:42:00 is when it stops because I listened for a little bit before that and they were getting dangerously close. I decided to just skip to 1:42:00 and they seemed to stop.

tumblr_nx80hvjETZ1r5w32ao1_500.png

Also his solution always seems to be kill. I have no mouth and I must scream had him actually succeed with that solution when he decided to kill one of the first people he saw at one point.

Lolz. Can you actually proceed without killing her?

Anung

Un Rama
Jeez 45 mins of wedding talk fuck sake guys
;) obviously kidding! Sounds like it was a blast. My misses is giving me the old "hint hint marriage" with the subtlety of a freight train D: Can't believe he actually made it to the podcast come on man take a day off its your honeymoon.

Love the new SOMA intro. The way they interacted with that Robot in the first episode did make them seem like sociopaths.

Supposedly you can pull only one cord and continue. No idea if it really has any reflection in the story or not.

Most of these scenarios can be done without hurting the "people" but often leaves you open to something else. That's the moral dilemma I guess.

Not watched the last MGSV episode yet but damn I wonder how they/the LP will deal with the awful pacing and randomness of the chapter 2. Could bring the LP to a grindy crawl.

I would have assumed at the first mention of Dangan, people would know. When I get some free time again, I'll try to find the beginning point for the spoilers
And of course Pat stopped VLR because of puzzles.
I kinda don't blame him some of them those are good puzzles, but (minor puzzle spoilers?)
Some of them don't give enough info and I kept smashing my head against it.

EDIT: 1:34:00 to 1:42:00

I hope to God we get a recording of Matts vows. That may be a bit too private, but I wanna see Pat and Woolie yuckin it up about "the coolest and the strongest"

Shit, just listened to them talk about Life is Strange on the podcast...

They chose the shit ending.

The one the makers flat out said they ran out of money making, so it's short as hell.

Nazo

Really lame to hear they got the Bad end for Life is Strange, They seemed to have been making all the right decisions too. Bummer.

the lesbian ending?

It's the ending where (BIG FUCKING SPOILERS)

You sacrifice the entire town to stay with Chloe, and then they get into a car to drive somewhere. While not shown, the lack of life seems to imply a lot of people died.

It doesn't tell you where the duo is going. That's the ending.

And it boggles the fucking mind that people would defend that as the good ending.

I frequently compare people who agree with Max's actions in this ending to agreeing with Griffith.

They tend not take that comparison well.

You sacrifice the entire town to stay with Chloe, and then they get into a car to drive somewhere. While not shown, the lack of life seems to imply a lot of people died.

And it boggles the fucking mind that people would defend that as the good ending.

I frequently compare people who agree with Max's actions in this ending to agreeing with Griffith.

Griffith didnt do it out of love though
so no its not comparable
let me ask everyone here
would you
sacrifice an entire town or let your significant other or girlfriend die?
lets see where the chips truly fall

so no its not comparable
let me ask everyone here
would you

Sure he did.

He did it out of love of himself above all others.

And I don't view saving
Chloe as a loving choice when it means that many other people potentially have to die.

It's just selfish.

Sure he did.

He did it out of love of himself above all others.

And I don't view saving
Chloe as a loving choice when it means that many other people potentially have to die.

It's just selfish.

that storm was slower than my grandma
if anyone is still in town they have a deathwish anyways
so if any law officials had a shread of intelligence they would of evacuated the town thus only buildings are destroyed

No you don't understand! Max was really broken up over that kid soldier who died for her. The toy
told her to sacrifice a town to be with Chloe!

So I'm listening to the podcast and they're talking about how Samus should be portrayed in a movie and I'm thinking that she should basically be like Batman from the Arkham games. This stoic, no-nonsense but sometimes snippy character who answers everyone with a dry passive-aggressive sarcasm which says 'I'm smarter and more capable than you, please shut up and let me do the thing.' And over the course of the movie the general isolation and constant worsening of the situation gets her gradually more frustrated and frantic. Like maybe she'll talk to some dirtbag scientist dude and asks how to kill the monster and the dirtbag would be like 'oh he's my creation blah blah blah' and Samus is all like 'I have no time and I will fucking murder you if you don't do the thing. But she'll do shit like prioritize the lives of innocents over the mission temporarily so she isn't a complete asshole.

aly

so no its not comparable
let me ask everyone here
would you
That wasn't out of Love. It was out of being a dumb teenager and developers figuring out that maybe they should have more than one ending. Of course it doesn't help that I thought of Chloe as a drag at worst and a friend at most instead of an So, so that poor lazy romance did nothing for me and it baffles me that people playing seeing it as an legit ending that works with any sort of character development or proper reactions. Maybe I'm being harsh though out of disappointment

im at the firm belief that everyone could be saved if
the towns folk got off their ass instead of looking at obvious signs something bad was gonna happen, then left, Chloe gets to live,and only buildings are destroyed, FUCK YOU DESTINY

Rean

Pat talking about FF14 so much finally convinced me to try it out soon. I'll probably pick it up this holiday.

Hawt Dog Man needs to be in the new Deus Ex.

Pat talking about FF14 so much finally convinced me to try it out soon. I'll probably pick it up this holiday.

Its really fucking good.

Well 2.0 content is really good. The post 2.0 stuff gets amazing and Heavensward is the best.

If Pat failed then no one can get to me.
Pat didn't fail and would have played after all those months of torture if only it wasn't an MMO tbh

He didn't get me to watch SOA, he's not going to get me to play an MMO.
Though I have to admit, the idea of playing with a bunch of Best Friends enthusiasts was kinda tempting. It's more the gameplay than anything that turns me off mmo's.

Numb

He didn't get me to watch SOA, he's not going to get me to play an MMO.
Though I have to admit, the idea of playing with a bunch of Best Friends enthusiasts was kinda tempting. It's more the gameplay than anything that turns me off mmo's.

Indeed. You should have watched SAO with us that one time. Almost made the show better.Almost.
Mostly played MonHun with him and sbf-gaf.
If it was anything than an MMO i would have played it already.

Indeed. You should have watched SAO with us that one time. Almost made the show better.Almost.
Just watch SAO Abridged and realize how much better it could've been if the original Light Novels had been written by someone who wasn't a low level solo scrub in Ragnarok Online.

Numb

Just watch SAO Abridged and realize how much better it could've been if the original Light Novels had been written by someone who wasn't a low level solo scrub in Ragnarok Online.

ice cold.
sbf-gaf showing me the actual official nasty fanfics is the worst moment in my life

I also tried out the FF XIV trial after seeing those shill videos and it's pretty good. Not good enough to get me to pay a monthly fee tho.

Ah yes, showing you all of you SAO was a good time indeed.

Top Bottom