• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Xiraiya

I am baffled at how hard it is for people to find Man On Fire's body, the amount of complaints of people "searching the whole base" and never finding him is ridiculous, I don't understand.

Pat
"GUESSED IT" air quotes.
One of the reasons I can't stand watching it
Wish he'd just ditch the pretending bullshit.
I mean... isn't it obvious he isn't Big Boss? I assumed from the trailers he wasn't, it's really not much of a secret, it's the most heavy handed thing in the entire series, the point of everything is how and/or why.
People being so sensitive about this stuff are being stupid.

aly

Pat
"GUESSED IT" air quotes.
One of the reasons I can't stand watching it
Wish he'd just ditch the pretending bullshit.

Nah, that was super obvious, except that Grey Fox nonsense he was on about. What's more baffling is how wrong he is with other more obvious stuff like Mantis, Eli and Volgin. Pat pls. Maybe listening to the cut scenes instead of yapping over them would help.

Breads

Banned
I'm slowly dying in this Undertale drought, a desert of nothing but MGSV.

I might be alone in this but I secretly cursed shitstorm because of how it offset MGSV and Undertale.

MGSV I could muscle just because I played it along side them but I decided to avoid any video/ thread and even the game itself to watch their first full playthrough of Undertale before getting into it myself and it's KILLING ME INSIDE THAT THEY'RE TAKING SO LONG WITH THE VIDEOS.

I might be alone in this but I secretly cursed shitstorm because of how it offset MGSV and Undertale.

MGSV I could muscle just because I played it along side them but I decided to avoid any video/ thread and even the game itself to watch their first full playthrough of Undertale before getting into it myself and it's KILLING ME INSIDE THAT THEY'RE TAKING SO LONG WITH THE VIDEOS.

NO
JUST NO
PLAY UNDERTALE BEFORE THE LP YOU IDIOT
YOULL REGRET IT TRUST ME

Anung

Un Rama
I mean... isn't it obvious he isn't Big Boss? I assumed from the trailers he wasn't, it's really not much of a secret, it's the most heavy handed thing in the entire series, the point of everything is how and/or why.

Nah, that was super obvious, except that Grey Fox nonsense he was on about. What's more baffling is how wrong he is with other more obvious stuff like Mantis, Eli and Volgin. Pat pls. Maybe listening to the cut scenes instead of yapping over them would help.

Read my last post.
Go into the MGS spoiler threads if you want to know my thoughts on how obvious/lacking in subtlety the ending is. It's hard to explain without going through the whole LP for the specific examples. But Pat is simultaneously playing dumb (or playing down the obvious) and tipping his hand that knows more specifics than he's letting on.
Ehhhh I give up trying to explain.

EDIT: So is Life is Strange taking over from DR's slot or are we getting a new LP?

Skrams

I imagine a mix up Soma, LiS, MGS5, and Undertale for the next 2 weeks or more. I don't think we'll be getting a different new LP that soon when Soma is just starting.

I'd look at Vessel to confirm even more, but they somehow still have Vessel fucked in that it doesn't have 3 days worth of new content on it. Just two.

Also wow that LiS episode. Shit's really good and also characters are super smart and it's really surprising that shit's turning out smooth like this. Hopefully next episode throws another wrench in it. I imagine it'll have to considering where we're at. I'm attempted to sub to Vessel to see the continuation. Dio comparisons are still apt. Matt's also pretty forgetful about the last episode's stinger. He tries to push forth a point about Chloe that continues to be wrong.

Skrams

How is the LiS LP? In fact, how is the game itself? I was waiting for it to end before I buy it. It worth it?

I've said it after most episodes that it continues to be great. I plan on purchasing it myself to support Dontnod considering I enjoyed the game through the LP a lot. LP isn't half bad either since Matt and Liam play off each other well. I also continue to enjoy some good Liam jokes. I don't think I've been very frustrated at the LP puzzle or story wise either. There was one moment with one of the bigger puzzles of the game, but I kind of tuned out during that moment. Besides that it's been pretty good.

kewlmyc

How is the LiS LP? In fact, how is the game itself? I was waiting for it to end before I buy it. It worth it?

Both the game and the LP are very legit. It's like their Sadness Trilogy playthoughs, but with a good game in the interactive story genre.

Great game, highly recommend.

Some people seem to be disappointed with how it ended, and I admit after I beat it I was as well but after thinking on it I think the game finished in the best way it could have all things considered.

Great game, highly recommend.

Some people seem to be disappointed with how it ended, and I admit after I beat it I was as well but after thinking on it I think the game finished in the best way it could have all things considered.
You make it sound like the writers wrote themselves into a corner.

I can believe that, what with the writers overwriting the timeline in the first 30-some minutes of the final episode of the game.
Gotta say,
There's so much timeline fuckery happening that anything that comes out of this is bound to not make any sense.
This is why I dislike time travel stuff, nothing that happens matters because before you know it everything has been retconned. Oh yeah let's just kill off a bunch of main characters, everyone will think it's bold but they're all coming back in a few episodes anyway so we can have our cake and eat it too. Nah, not for me.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Just watched Life is Strange 20...

I honestly thought Episode 5
would be all about stopping Jefferson and saving Chloe. Color me surprised.

Also, Pat's crack addiction is spreading, started playing FF XIV. I did play some of it when they were offering that 2 week trial of the game, but not a whole lot. This time I'm definitely going to give the game a chance.

Geg

I am baffled at how hard it is for people to find Man On Fire's body, the amount of complaints of people "searching the whole base" and never finding him is ridiculous, I don't understand.

I actually had to look up a video to see where he was when I played. Maybe because I did the mission at night but I just couldn't see him.

I actually had to look up a video to see where he was when I played. Maybe because I did the mission at night but I just couldn't see him.

I also had to look up a video to see where he was when i played. I went around that base for like 40 minutes looking.

Skrams

Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V – The Phantom Pain (Part 32)

Website

Youtube

I made a mistake and read the LiS comments.

Why do people even watch their LP's. Every game is bitching lol

You mean youtube right? Last time I checked it was weirdly parallel as everyone stayed on the lul dank memes and hella train. No one took notice of the good game happening in front of them and just kind of ignored it while carrying on with hella.

You mean youtube right? Last time I checked it was weirdly parallel as everyone stayed on the lul dank memes and hella train. No one took notice of the good game happening in front of them and just kind of ignored it while carrying on with hella.

Now it's just about how bad the game is and how they could have made a better game.

Skrams

Watching the Fatal Frame 5 video finally and it makes me kind of wish they'd play one of the others for an LP eventually. I find the games to have a lot of charm for a horror title.

Every Fatal Frame video also continues to be plagued with ZERO SHOT OH GOD MY IMMERSION. I want to take sick erotic shots of ghosts that are spooking on me and I want to murder them harder than they were already murdered. A big dumb number kind of only makes me harder. I also like that the gameplay is more involved than most spooky games. It's a fake FPS, but with taking photos while getting ghost combos. They're kind of like RE4 in that regard with upgrading your camera or lenses and a focus on replaying.

Too bad Fatal Frame is probably dead now though.

Now it's just about how bad the game is and how they could have made a better game.

Yeah, that's what I kind of meant. People continued to have the weird perception that the game was bad and was just dank memes. I don't know if it's just a different crowd on youtube, herd mentality, or what.

Fat4all

Banned
If people hadn't noticed yet, Vessel has two episodes of Undertale up, and they're as fantastic as ever. For people who haven't played/beat the game, we're probably at the point I'd recommend you stop watching the LP and finish dat shit.

The LP still has a good ways to go, but it's gonna start getting lore-heavy soon, and there's also some kickass boss battles you should experience first hand.

Damn, I imagine the KojiPro LA news is going to just miss the podcast tonight, such a sad story

The LiS LP caught me off-guard. Starts of pretty weird, but quickly finds its stride, dips a bit at the start of chapter 2 but MAN does it re-bound. Easily one of my favorite LPs on the channel.

Skrams

Two Best Friends Play Soma (Part 2)

Website

Youtube

Also I didn't think Matt would be on this weeks podcast. It makes sense I guess since he's going on honeymooning this wednesday or something.

Their shitstormish ending to Soma is a bit funny too considering it's now a full LP.

:/ I really wish they didn't actively spoil plot points and motivations in UDGs. Its really annoying.

For those who wants to skip UDG and maybe Monster spoilers time stamp is 1:42:00~

Two Best Friends Play Soma (Part 2)

Website

Youtube

Also I didn't think Matt would be on this weeks podcast. It makes sense I guess since he's going on honeymooning this wednesday or something.

Their shitstormish ending to Soma is a bit funny too considering it's now a full LP.

Does anyone feel weird out how Matt and Pat easily justify killing to proceed? I mean if it was not a real choice I could understand but I get the feeling you don't have to kill them.

Also-

*robot shines a light for Pat*
"You're hostile! You're making my vision all weird!"

I love the idea of Periscoping your way through Detroit to show people how far you can get before you get got. It's like a real-life Roguelike!

Top Bottom