• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

Then I guess an Undertale LP isn't for you. The Temmie armor doesn't help that much honestly, I've noticed that he doesn't take much less damage than I did(without it) and the only upside is that he occasionally heals(which the apron also does). The only enemies that are supposed to be a threat are most bosses and it still applies there.

The only way they could make the battles more challenging is if they carried less health items but why bother when the point of the battles isn't about survival? I think you'd be way better off watching a genocide run of Undertale rather than a pacifist run.

An example then, Undyne attacks take off 3 HP majority of the time. Temmie armor? 1 HP.

That was the point where I just sighed while watching Matt tank damage and avoiding few attacks. The final few bosses are the only thing that challenge him due to Temmie armor only detracting about 1-2 points of damage making it 3 on hits instead of 4-5. I don't mean they shouldn't use health items either. I just mean they could tank damage in the longer bouts near the end of the Undynes battle without little work needed to live. A longer attack pattern wouldn't mean much as he could just eat most of it and be fine at the end. Maybe others dumped the gameplay care by the wayside since people seem to be devouring a lot of Undetale LPs while I'm not, but I was hoping Matt would be a little more engaged to try and dodge things than not at all.

Edit- And after fully watching Undertale Part 12, man, are their reactions super tempered. I would think a Matt and Liam LP would bring more hype, but I guess that's a Woolie and Liam thing now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
An example then, Undyne attacks take off 3 HP majority of the time. Temmie armor? 1 HP.

That was the point where I just sighed while watching Matt tank damage and avoiding few attacks. The final few bosses are the only thing that challenge him due to Temmie armor only detracting about 1-2 points of damage making it 3 on hits instead of 4-5. I don't mean they shouldn't use health items either. I just mean they could tank damage in the longer bouts near the end of the Undynes battle without little work needed to live. A longer attack pattern wouldn't mean much as he could just eat most of it and be fine at the end. Maybe others dumped the gameplay care by the wayside since people seem to be devouring a lot of Undetale LPs while I'm not, but I was hoping Matt would be a little more engaged to try and dodge things than not at all.

Edit- And after fully watching Undertale Part 12, man, are their reactions super tempered. I would think a Matt and Liam LP would bring more hype, but I guess that's a Woolie and Liam thing now.

I legit think he's just bad at it. Its not that he's not engaged, he's just actually awful at dodging the attacks. Even when Liam tells him what to do, it's not that easy to translate it into actions on screen. He admits this. He actually runs into stuff by accident. He seems a little embarrased by it. I never really saw it as a big issue as long as he's not discouraged or downtrodden because of it.

Geg

Yeah to me it felt like Matt was getting actually frustrated with not being able to dodge well and constantly being hit by something in those fights. That combined with the upcoming marriage probably contributed a lot to their reactions

Okingjrr

SO excited for Mirror's Edge tonight ! That new LP goodness.
so_good.png

I legit think he's just bad at it. Its not that he's not engaged, he's just actually awful at dodging the attacks. Even when Liam tells him what to do, it's not that easy to translate it into actions on screen. He admits this. He actually runs into stuff by accident. He seems a little embarrased by it. I never really saw it as a big issue as long as he's not discouraged or downtrodden because of it.
Yeah it's simple as that, he's bad at it.

Best chance for Jojo to catch fire in the west among more casual viewers is for it to hit Toonami which gets 1~ million views regularly on American TV

Until now, I knew almost nothing about Mirror's Edge. I knew about the running, but that's it. This being the first time i've ever seen gameplay of it, i've been sold on it. This might be the fastest i've ever gone from not caring at all to immediately getting super hyped for something. This video has convinced me to buy Mirror's Edge, and has guaranteed that I will pick up Catalyst, which I had no intention to previously.

Okingjrr

Until now, I knew almost nothing about Mirror's Edge. I knew about the running, but that's it. This being the first time i've ever seen gameplay of it, i've been sold on it. This might be the fastest i've ever gone from not caring at all to immediately getting super hyped for something. This video has convinced me to buy Mirror's Edge, and has guaranteed that I will pick up Catalyst, which I had no intention to previously.

For me, Mirror's edge was the game I wanted to get since it's announcement but couldn't because of circumstances.
When I finally got it during a steam sale a few year later, it was just... (my post above with the proper pic)

The story was hilarious, but i'm didn't quite get what the kid actually did.
Yeah that kid actually wasn't that shitty, he's just dumb and didn't pay attention. If that gets you mad I'm not surprised you hate all children. It was like "omg they don't even know finding Nemo that over 10 year old movie", "omg that kid didn't count the turtles". Sounds like he was trying to find stuff to get mad about.

Kids can absolutely be shits, these just weren't one of them.

Yeah that kid actually wasn't that shitty, he's just dumb and didn't pay attention. If that gets you mad I'm not surprised you hate all children. It was like "omg they don't even know finding Nemo that over 10 year old movie", "omg that kid didn't count the turtles". Sounds like he was trying to find stuff to get mad about.

Kids can absolutely be shits, these just weren't one of them.

They were, because the tour was changed for the kids. If the kids took part it would've been fine but because the tour guide went through the effort to try and include the kids it made it shitty because the kids didn't care.

Listening to the start of this Mirror's Edge LP, it perfectly sums up why I'm disappointed they don't do more character action LPs. Woolie's just too scurred.

Though I doubt him fucking up during this playthrough will be entirely due to lack of skill over time but more just the fact that this game is as rough as it is brilliant.

Listening to the start of this Mirror's Edge LP, it perfectly sums up why I'm disappointed they don't do more character action LPs. Woolie's just too scurred.

Though I doubt him fucking up during this playthrough will be entirely due to lack of skill over time but more just the fact that this game is as rough as it is brilliant.

Liam is the only one young enough to do it. I mean if they take one they're actually good at they probably could do it. But they don't want to expose their balls on stream.

They were, because the tour was changed for the kids. If the kids took part it would've been fine but because the tour guide went through the effort to try and include the kids it made it shitty because the kids didn't care.
Then it's the tour guide's fault for being inexperienced with dealing with kids. They're shy and if you ask them questions that they don't know the answer to then no shit they're not going to participate. It's really simplistic to just assume they don't care just because they don't participate, as if kids are born to be assholes.

MrHoot

Mirror's edge part 2 vessel spoiler...kind of...more related to one of Pat's commentary

I'd be interested in him doing Shadow of the colossus. It's my favourite game of all time. Although I understand his fear of doing such. Although I completely forgot that thing about control scheme..mostly because i'm european so I guess we always got what we have ? But if he's as involved as he was for Silent Hill 2 it would be a fucking great LP. Maybe through ps2 emulation...

Jonami90

Neo Member
Man, Mirror's Edge is great. I actually have only finished it once, back on PS3, but I remember it fondly. Woolie's semi-speedrun tech is fun to watch, also nice to see them playing a game that they obviously enjoy, know and are excited about.

Also, as they brought it up, Dead Space was (still is) so good as well. Dead Space 2 was great as well, 3 had its moments but it also had its "moments" (I remember just tiring myself out thinking that "okay, time to finish this thing" and finding out I had like five more hours to trudge through). Should've ended it at 2.

Soma part 3 was pretty frustrating, they really need to tone down the commentary when someone's talking because that game does not appear to repeat itself. Seems the game demands your attention, so it's questionable LP-material.

Anung

Un Rama
Soma part 3 was pretty frustrating, they really need to tone down the commentary when someone's talking because that game does not appear to repeat itself. Seems the game demands your attention, so it's questionable LP-material.

It gets way worse before it gets better. 6 and 7 are brutal to watch.

I'd love love love to see these guys LP Dead Space 1 or 2. I reckon it'd be perfect LP material.

Heh..hehehehe

I'm already easily getting dizzy as is, now there's a Mirror's Edge LP? I can play it myself and be relatively okay, but I remember once watching my friend play and getting so sick I couldn't function for the rest of the day.

Yea, I have to skip this. Really only watching MGSV at the moment.

Numb

Heh..hehehehe

I'm already easily getting dizzy as is, now there's a Mirror's Edge LP? I can play it myself and be relatively okay, but I remember once watching my friend play and getting so sick I couldn't function for the rest of the day.

Yea, I have to skip this. Really only watching MGSV at the moment.

Sitting here watching it at twice the play speed.

HAYDTYD.gif

Well, they are. Kids have to go to school to stop being assholes. And even then some don't learn.
N-no, that's not how any of this works. How children behave is dependant on how their parents raise them, I've experienced plenty of children that were very pleasant. I also have nieces and nephews that turned out to become absolute assholes because their parents spoiled them way too much. You don't get mad at the kids, you get mad at their parents.

It's like we're back in the middle ages where adults think kids are just shorter adults.

Laputa_94

The mirrors edge lp is off to a good start. It has something I have missed due to the blind lps of late, and that's just them getting in depth in their conversions on several aspects about the game since their not worried about getting stuck or paying attention to certain things.

MrHoot

In VGCW news, it's still hilarious and sad at the same time that Zubaz keeps putting up really good matches but still consistently loses them every them.

Poor Zebstrika

aly

N-no, that's not how any of this works. How children behave is dependant on how their parents raise them, I've experienced plenty of children that were very pleasant. I also have nieces and nephews that turned out to become absolute assholes because their parents spoiled them way too much. You don't get mad at the kids, you get mad at their parents.

It's like we're back in the middle ages where adults think kids are just shorter adults.

I agree with most of this, but it is surprising how much school and a child's peers influence them. It seems like parents become less of a primary influence even earlier now, especially with the increasing role that social media plays in our lives. It makes a lot of sense too, and explains how children raised in the same household can be so different from one another.

Om topic: The kid in Matt's story did'nt sound annoying, but their blind hatred of kids must make everything they do annoying. I assume none of them want kids, so it doesn't really matter much.

Anung

Un Rama
Mirror's Edge part 1 was great :D Really cool hearing those little speed run facts, the game is interesting enough to spawn nice conversations and having one of them know the game well will stave off dumbness/frustration. Off to a damn good start.

Knowledgeable LPs are some of the best. Matt's solo LP of No More Heroes 1 is still my favorite of the year and arguably on the channel.

Gonna start the mirrors edge LP soon.

I'm loving it so far. It sold me on the game in one episode, and they've both played it before, which I think will really help the lp.

I still can't believe this hasn't been on your radar for the longest time, if I were you though just play this game (it takes about half a day or so on your first run) but yeah this game is probably one of my absolute favourite games of the past generation. Also, pacifist run is the only true playthrough for this game, you're doing a disservice to the game honestly if you pick up a gun or fire it.

Squishy3

I still can't believe this hasn't been on your radar for the longest time, if I were you though just play this game (it takes about half a day or so on your first run) but yeah this game is probably one of my absolute favourite games of the past generation. Also, pacifist run is the only true playthrough for this game, you're doing a disservice to the game honestly if you pick up a gun or fire it.
I tried to do my pacifist run on Hard to knock out that achievement and the pacifist one at the same time.

It is literally impossible to complete the game on Hard without using a gun. Because the final guy on the walkway up to the roof in the server room will always kill you before you're able to reach him and knock him out.

So I listened to a bit of the podcast this week and... really Matt? You're saying a kid nearly ruined your vacation because he hasn't seen a movie that came out before he was born?

Holy shit man.

I tried to do my pacifist run on Hard to knock out that achievement and the pacifist one at the same time.

It is literally impossible to complete the game on Hard without using a gun. Because the final guy on the walkway up to the roof in the server room will always kill you before you're able to reach him and knock him out.

you can totally do it, but it is batshit insane to pull it off, you literally have to train all the other enemies besides the lmg guy, take them out, get all the equipment destroyed, then use the slowdown at the right time right when you encounter the LMG guy just to hit the counter takedown just to complete it pacified mode

I've done it probably once, but man I've had countless amounts of times restarting the section, it can be done but it is insane.

Top Bottom