• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
Hmmm. I was going to avoid the MGSV spoilercast because I've kind of made peace with my disappointment and hearing a heated argument would probably piss me off but Bunnyhop being there sounds like it might be worth it. Probably going to be a Pat and Bunnyhop vs. Liam and Woolie debate.

Numb

Hmmm. I was going to avoid the MGSV spoilercast because I've kind of made peace with my disappointment and hearing a heated argument would probably piss me off but Bunnyhop being there sounds like it might be worth it. Probably going to be a Pat and Bunnyhop vs. Liam and Woolie debate.

Now i got a deadline to get in that MGS and be done with it.
When's SMTIV spoilercast tho?

Disgraced

Well actually, Pat's warmed up to it a bit in the LP and Liam actually seems lukewarm on it overall besides the gameplay, granted I haven't seen their reaction to the ending yet. I'm fairly certain they've both mixed feelings. The far opposite opinions are probably Woolie & Matt/Bunnyhop. We'll see.

I didn't like Bunnyhop's MGSV review, but I like his videos generally and a spoilercast with him would be cool.

kewlmyc

I thought Woolie hated it. Also, I could have sworn that Matt also finished it, but I guess I was wrong.

really Matt? You're saying a kid nearly ruined your vacation because he hasn't seen a movie that came out before he was born?

To be fair, he also totally didn't count the turtles :p

And really, who HASN'T seen Finding Nemo?Do kids today not get shown Toy Story because they were born 20 years too late? If so... FUCK

I haven't been keeping up with the MGSV LP, might not ever finish it since they keep gunjumping too hard. I take it from the posts above Pat really dislikes it, and woolie/liam do?

So not seeing a movie makes you the worst person ever?

Sure, why not.

I was under the impression to grow up, you needed to watch at least 5 pixar movies.

But seriously, I think I can understand where he's coming from. You're on vacation, and there's some kids who are just not into what you're doing, can be kind of a bummer. I'd be pretty psyched to go see some turtles in little submarine, shit sounds like fun

Neol

The Mirror's Edge LP has potential. It is rather enjoyable to watch and has cool bits of information.

It's short, visually pleasing, lots of room for conversation, both Pat and Woolie like it a lot and Woolie's good on the controls.

Sounds like a good LP to me.

aly

And really, who HASN'T seen Finding Nemo?Do kids today not get shown Toy Story because they were born 20 years too late? If so... FUCK

I also haven't watched too many movies that came out 20 years before I was born, and even the ones I did watch made less of an impact than they did to someone that was alive when they did come out. They should've asked the kids a Frozen question :D But seriously Matt's complaint was some nonsense.

I still can't believe this hasn't been on your radar for the longest time, if I were you though just play this game (it takes about half a day or so on your first run) but yeah this game is probably one of my absolute favourite games of the past generation. Also, pacifist run is the only true playthrough for this game, you're doing a disservice to the game honestly if you pick up a gun or fire it.
The main reason it went under my radar was because I was 10 when it came out, when I wasn't following games and just picking up what looked cool on the box art. By the time I started following games and games media, all I knew about it was that it had good running. If I bothered to watch a video and see the art style, I would have picked it up immediately. I plan on picking it up in a week or two. From what i've recently seen, I have no doubt i'll really enjoy it. I'm also going to start paying attention to Catalyst, which I have been completely ignoring up to this point.

Were you watching 20 year old movies when you were little? It's not like there's a scarcity of good kids movies nowadays, there's no reason to get mad because kids haven't seen Finding Nemo, it's not like it's the fucking Citizen Kane of animation.

A good question to ask kids is "who likes turtles?", they're kids, keep it simple.

I mean hell, there's still a ton of movies that I should have seen being as old as I am such as Alien, Predator, The Matrix (which I only saw last year) and tons of other classics. I suppose that makes me the worst person ever in some peoples eye!

As for MGSV, I obviously haven't seen the final LP episode yet since it's not out and won't be for a couple days but I fully expect Matt and Pat to be on the same page about the games story being a massive piece of shit.

Geg

I was kind of raised on old Disney movies as a kid lol. I remember my earliest movies were 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan

I'm guessing the reason for some of these gaps in videos is that some stuff like the direct let's watch is late?

I was kind of raised on old Disney movies as a kid lol. I remember my earliest movies were 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan

I'm guessing the reason for some of these gaps in videos is that some stuff like the direct let's watch is late?

The Let's Watch's have never affected upload schedules because they only go up on the website.

guys help
im so obsessed with making my settlement that i fast traveled 7 times between a settlement i killed some raiders in and the robotics place just to get more materials that i dont need
i may have a problem

Neol

Nah think Liam tried and failed and Pat's trying it out too and failing as well.

Judging by this comment on the reddit I don't expect to see it tonight or tomorrow.

I can currently confirm that Pat's FFXIV machine is fine

Can you confirm that because he's playing FFXIV instead of editing the direct? Because that sounds like something Pat would do :p

What a strange problem to have, its their reaction footage right? Too bad nobody sent them a decent camera in the mailbag :p

Mirrors Edge lp off to a good start. Been years since I played it, so things are a bit fuzzy. I did the pacifist run, but I hardly even remember what the final area was, only that it was tough lol. LP will be a nice refresh of the game, and it's nice to have Woolie dropping little facts about the lore.

Squishy3

Can you confirm that because he's playing FFXIV instead of editing the direct? Because that sounds like something Pat would do :p

What a strange problem to have, its their reaction footage right? Too bad nobody sent them a decent camera in the mailbag :p
At this point I imagine it's failing during the rendering stage for some reason

Oh boy, the last GoT episode is out. Can't wait for the epic conclusion of this Telltale classic.

I mean, the GoT LP has been pretty alright so far.

Oh boy, the last GoT episode is out. Can't wait for the epic conclusion of this Telltale classic.

I gotta say, I have enjoyed watching Matt and Woolie play the GoT game more then I have enjoyed playing it myself.

It is definitely not some of TellTales best work.

If I can get a message over to Matt and Woolie, I would tell them thank you for playing game, as their commentary about it is the most enjoyable thing about the game.

The worst part is the game started off with an awesome first episode,.

Skrams

Welp, Mirror's Edge doesn't seem like it'll last more than 5-6 parts at this pace. Nice to see them come into an LP super prepared again. Hopefully Woolie has some other speedrun tech to show off. I've caught Mirror's Edge on AGDQ before, but don't really remember all that much when it comes to speedrunning the game besides the fact you can make it down to the city streets unharmed.

I legit think he's just bad at it. Its not that he's not engaged, he's just actually awful at dodging the attacks. Even when Liam tells him what to do, it's not that easy to translate it into actions on screen. He admits this. He actually runs into stuff by accident. He seems a little embarrased by it. I never really saw it as a big issue as long as he's not discouraged or downtrodden because of it.

Yeah it's simple as that, he's bad at it.

If it's as simple as him being bad and no excuse of wedding planning as I think this was recorded afterwards(?) then Liam should of just started taking over in the middle of the game when Matt started struggling early on. I already said as much before. It's probably less annoying for some people and they don't feel the need to backseat drive, but man, just watching Matt eat hits forever is just hurting me.

Seeing Matt eat hits is bothersome, but they're progressing so who cares. If it were actively impacting the games progression I could see it being an issue. For example, if they did Genocide,
Undyne
and
Sans
would be absolute progression blockers.

sjay1994

Probably will replace MGSV soon, since thats practically over now.

Drives me nuts at their refusal to play TFTB, because that is probably telltales best game ever.

sjay1994

I thought Woolie hated it. Also, I could have sworn that Matt also finished it, but I guess I was wrong.

Woolie was fine with it, and felt people were over reacting.

I've made peace with than ending too, but honestly I still feel dissapointed that not much really happened in this game. Basically, my thoughts on MGSV are basically Matt and Liams feelings towards Crimson Peak.

What the games story was advertised as, and what it actually is are very different

Skrams

Seeing Matt eat hits is bothersome, but they're progressing so who cares. If it were actively impacting the games progression I could see it being an issue. For example, if they did Genocide,
Undyne
and
Sans
would be absolute progression blockers.

It's not about slowed progression to me. It's about seeing them progress sloppily which makes seeing their battles less fun to me. I derived a lot of enjoyment from close calls on my own playthrough. I'm probably trying to project my own feelings of how to play it, but I would of appreciated them doing the playthrough without the handicap to see how they would of faired or if they would of played better. I also don't like the idea of the gameplay being throwaway for Undertale when I find it a really refreshing system.

It's not about slowed progression to me. It's about seeing them progress sloppily which makes seeing their battles less fun to me. I derived a lot of enjoyment from close calls on my own playthrough. I'm probably trying to project my own feelings of how to play it, but I would of appreciated them doing the playthrough without the handicap to see how they would of faired or if they would of played better. I also don't like the idea of the gameplay being throwaway for Undertale when I find it a really refreshing system.

The entire LP was hurt by the erratic recordings anyway. It should have, and could have all been done in one sitting.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I've just read about the technical difficulties about the Direct's reaction: I'm sorry for Liam's PC, at last the footage is saved. Do we have any estimate when it'll be uploaded?

EDIT: Actually, it seems the footage itself has problems as well, damn it :(

im starting to think i should just go to Diamond City
havent been there yet and im already fighting Super Mutants
just finished a dungeon full of em

Top Bottom