• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

I have a question:

Just recently subscribed to vessel, and I noticed there were no video updates today while there were like four yesterday. Looking through the rest and it seems a bit inconsistent, is there some sort of schedule I can follow? Or is it more like lets full up on 72 hour exclusives and then add one or two later?

I don't use vessel but from what I've heard, its supposed to be 2 a day, like the regular channel. But mistakes happen (which seem to be happening a lot lately).

joe2187

Banned
I have a question:

Just recently subscribed to vessel, and I noticed there were no video updates today while there were like four yesterday. Looking through the rest and it seems a bit inconsistent, is there some sort of schedule I can follow? Or is it more like lets full up on 72 hour exclusives and then add one or two later?

It's up to whoever is uploading the videos.

Normally there's two a day, but sometimes on a rare occasion it'll be just one or none sometimes. This reflects on their YT uploads as well.

The FNF video is up right now.

Didn't really care for the latest mystery box. I like it more when it's absolutely broken or janky games. Not an okayish 7/10. Also it could have benefited from the usual 30~ minute length. I legit fell asleep watching around the 45 minute mark.

Didn't really care for the latest mystery box. I like it more when it's absolutely broken or janky games. Not an okayish 7/10. Also it could have benefited from the usual 30~ minute length. I legit fell asleep watching around the 45 minute mark.

I just hate how I'm only getting game audio on the left side.

I don't think I can watch the Jojo play through anymore, Woolie's complete misremembering/being completely wrong about JoJo stuff throughout is driving me insane. They fucking say in the game that Polnareff switched souls with Coco Jumbo, he's not in his freaking stand.

Strimei

Maybe its useful not knowing JoJo, so I can just sit back and enjoy the insanity, myself.

Also we need more bible stories as told by the Best Friends.

I don't think I can watch the Jojo play through anymore, Woolie's complete misremembering/being completely wrong about JoJo stuff throughout is driving me insane. They fucking say in the game that Polnareff switched souls with Coco Jumbo, he's not in his freaking stand.

This is the opposite of the problem I have with Catherine. So long as I don't actually look at the gameplay and listen to Matt and Woolie talk, it's a great LP. But only as long as I don't actually look at the screen.

Strimei

Heh, I remember that, yeah. I want more of it, the guys are great at that shit it seems.

Catherine LP has gotten frustratingly painful to watch during the puzzle climbs.

While I'm generally forgiving of mistakes and stuff in an LP, I have to admit I was cringing more than a few times at moves Woolie was making. I'm not even very good at this sort of puzzle stuff and I can see the mistakes plain as day.

"Ok, you went back now push the top-no Woolie, push the top the TOP NO do not go back down and-argh"

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Jojo lp continues to be great.

And mr snip snip had a field day with the catherine lp. Just cut out entire levels. Its fine.

And hey, a sync test!

Got Neir today for dirt cheap because how good it looks from the lp. But that also means I'm not watching anymore until I'm done with the game. Though glad I found it cause ever since they started the game looked extremely interesting.

Strimei

Matt has a good ear for voices, he's right about who voices the player character in Disaster Report. Casey Robertson voiced both him and George in DP.

(He's also G in House of the Dead III)

Im really surprised that Liam hasn't beat Disaster Report. Its like 4-5 hours and I finished it in a sitting. I hope he eventually plays Raw Danger. That game is a masterpiece imo.

ZoddGutts

Tried watching the latest stream by Matt, yeah ain't happening what's her name is back and her voice and way of talking is enough for me to say "nope".

Fingers crossed for a Telltale Games Batman LP in hopes that the guys can spare me from dropping money on a game that I'll mildly enjoy that exactly like what we've been playing for the past like 5 years.

Anung

Un Rama
Fingers crossed for a Telltale Games Batman LP in hopes that the guys can spare me from dropping money on a game that I'll mildly enjoy that exactly like what we've been playing for the past like 5 years.

Yeah this is kinda where I'm at. Either wait for a sale or let these guys take the hit for me.

Matsukaze

There's no way I'm handing over money for another Telltale game without prior confirmation it's very good. Matt and Woolie can jump on the Batman game and save my cash lol.

I would like to see what they think of Telltale's Batman. I personally liked the first episode a good bit, and I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

The Nier LP is finally interesting enough to the point I'm not falling asleep every video. Or maybe it's just because I'm watching it from work now and work can be so boring that the LP is more interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got to the point where they just stop talking so Woolie can solve the puzzle and not have to cut any conversations short

I just skip whenever they're doing puzzles or walking around that sheep zone learning techniques and stuff. During the puzzles no real conversation can be had since Woolie is mostly just going "Ummm...no that's not right"

There's no way I'm handing over money for another Telltale game without prior confirmation it's very good. Matt and Woolie can jump on the Batman game and save my cash lol.

It's... interesting, at least. They seem to have been given leave to take more creative liberty with Batman than they had with Minecraft of all the shit.

Anung

Un Rama
Quite enjoying the Disaster Report LP. Something about those games are just really watchable. This might be the first LP I don't drop since Resi Zero which is nuts.

Really hope the guys play that Disaster Kaiju game when it comes out. Shit looks so cool.

Strimei

Nier part 23:
I should've seen Popola and Devola being bosses coming

I'm really happy they decided to play Nier, I would've probably just continued to ignore it and Drakengard too (and Nier Automata). Now I'm gonna go delve into all this.

Quite enjoying the Disaster Report LP. Something about those games are just really watchable. This might be the first LP I don't drop since Resi Zero which is nuts.

Really hope the guys play that Disaster Kaiju game when it comes out. Shit looks so cool.
If they do, I hope they get the eventual vita english fan translation for it now that its possible.
Romsstar from the old Digimon redigitized translation shows that its possible to do Vita games fantranslations thanks to Henkaku.
sho2.jpg

The choices and dialogue really enhances Disaster Report games and I expect this would too. Speaking of Project City Shrouded in Shadows, Imma import it and see if I can hack some english in it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nier part 23:
I should've seen Popola and Devola being bosses coming

I'm really happy they decided to play Nier, I would've probably just continued to ignore it and Drakengard too (and Nier Automata). Now I'm gonna go delve into all this.

It's the only LP I ever go to Vessel to try and get early peeks at. I am really excited for the New Game Plus and the various reactions that are sure to follow. Also really keen on hearing what Liam has to say, seems like he has some notes put off to the side for the right time. Soon this is gonna turn into a thinking man's LP.

Top Bottom