• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So that Metroid 2 game got copyrighted. Luckliy it has escaped to the internetz before it got dmced even if it got announced 6 months prior.

Moonlight

Banned
So that Metroid 2 game got copyrighted. Luckliy it has escaped to the internetz before it got dmced even if it got announced 6 months prior.
I don't know why people keep saying this. It's still hosted on the original site, they just cracked down on a mirror. I mean, they might go whole hog at some point but it hasn't needed to 'escape' yet.

Strimei

Kinda surprised Matt didn't know what a Prairie Oyster drink is in Catherine.

Maybe I just have a good mind for stupid trivia, but that's what Spike was mixing in that one episode of Bebop (Heavy Metal Queen, I think it was)

edit: Oooh, this is getting good. And insane.

Mediking

Woolie and Matt's commentary... during Catherine... Just please let Pat and Liam play the JRPGS. PLEASE. Woolie and Matt are great but they are talking so much and it's not even entertaining during this current Catherine video.

Strimei

Anyway that has played Disaster Report know if it picks up, energy-wise? I'm not really feeling it, honestly. Not due to the guys, they're good, but the game just feels kinda low energy. Sleepy like.

Anyway that has played Disaster Report know if it picks up, energy-wise? I'm not really feeling it, honestly. Not due to the guys, they're good, but the game just feels kinda low energy. Sleepy like.
It gets insane, but Im not sure if they would pick the route where it gets to the peak. There are points where it just cuts off cuz your an asshole if your going that route. I haven't caught up, but are they reading the pamphlets and news articles? Its kinda important that they do.

Edit: Also I dunno what happens in the other main route so I dunno how crazy it is

Strimei

It gets insane, but Im not sure if they would pick the route where it gets to the peak. There are points where it just cuts off cuz your an asshole if your going that route. I haven't caught up, but are they reading the pamphlets and news articles? Its kinda important that they do.

Edit: Also I dunno what happens in the other main route so I dunno how crazy it is

Guess we'll find out, heh. Thanks!

Suicide Squad and Ghostbusters talk on the podcast! Oh this'll be good.

Speaking of Shi'ar (from the podcast), I always hated them as a kid, their hair was dumb.

Menitta

Pat hates the Big Lebowski?

opinionated.gif

Edit: Holy shit this is the best podcast in a long time.

ArjanN

Well...he's not wrong.

Also, if anyone watches wrestling, watch out for some SBF related signs behind the announcers tonight.

Sure, The Big Lebowsky is overrated, but Pat is still wrong for hating it of course. It's one those movies that has kind of an obnoxious fanbase that pushes it too hard, but it's definitely not bad.

Also i'll give you Back To The Future, but Ghostbusters holds up better than Commando IMO. Commando has some good oneliners, but it's pretty cheesy and there's like one good action scene. There's far better Arnie flicks.

Sure, The Big Lebowsky is overrated, but Pat is still wrong for hating it of course. It's one those movies that has kind of an obnoxious fanbase that pushes it too hard, but it's definitely not bad.

Also i'll give you Back To The Future, but Ghostbusters holds up better than Commando IMO. Commando has some good oneliners, but it's pretty cheesy and there's like one good action scene. There's far better Arnie flicks.
All of Arnold's movies are cheesy, that's what makes them so great. Of course that doesn't excuse some of them. They're still bad, like Running Man. Commando is so over the top that it's great cheesy fun. TBL is sometimes just made out to be this holy frail of a movie by some people.

Anung

Un Rama
People using cheesiness as a criticism of Commando is baffling. That's why it's so good/revered. It's the Citazen Kane of dumb action schlock.

I really need to catch up on Podcasts. I'm like 5 behind.

ArjanN

People using cheesiness as a criticism of Commando is baffling. That's why it's so good/revered. It's the Citazen Kane of dumb action schlock.

I really need to catch up on Podcasts. I'm like 5 behind.

I mean I enjoy the cheesiness of Commando but compared to movies like Terminator and Predator it doesn't have that much else going on.

Menitta

The Big Lebowski is my favorite bowling movie.

This is one of those moments where I'm bummed out the thing I like has a shit fanbase and I didn't realize it. Now I know how Undertale fans feel.

All of Arnold's movies are cheesy, that's what makes them so great. Of course that doesn't excuse some of them. They're still bad, like Running Man. Commando is so over the top that it's great cheesy fun. TBL is sometimes just made out to be this holy frail of a movie by some people.

A certain level of appreciation is needed for Schwarzenegger films. Jingle all the way and kindergarten cop are classics but they aren't exactly movies known for its quality.

Matsukaze

The Big Lebowski is my favorite bowling movie.

This is one of those moments where I'm bummed out the thing I like has a shit fanbase and I didn't realize it. Now I know how Undertale fans feel.
Every fanbase has a dark side, though. It's the norm these days.

I only recently discovered that JoJo has a seriously nasty MRA-lite sub-group of fans within the fanbase who love it because there are so few strong women in the series. I have no intention of delving any further, for the sake of my own sanity.

Come to think of it, I think I've stopped interacting with fanbases altogether except on GAF lol.

Order

I only recently discovered that JoJo has a seriously nasty MRA-lite sub-group of fans within the fanbase who love it because there are so few strong women in the series. I have no intention of delving any further, for the sake of my own sanity.

Come to think of it, I think I've stopped interacting with fanbases altogether except on GAF lol.
They must lose their shit when someone mentions Part 6

Matsukaze

They must lose their shit when someone mentions Part 6
I think that crowd is mostly only familiar with the anime, which is another reason why Stone Ocean needs to be animated. Their salt will be delicious. I hope they don't learn about Part 6 ahead of time and it just destroys them when it gets animated.

I only recently discovered that JoJo has a seriously nasty MRA-lite sub-group of fans within the fanbase who love it because there are so few strong women in the series. I have no intention of delving any further, for the sake of my own sanity
That'll be interesting when Part 6 is a primarily female cast.

I think that crowd is mostly only familiar with the anime, which is another reason why Stone Ocean needs to be animated. Their salt will be delicious. I hope they don't learn about Part 6 ahead of time and it just destroys them when it gets animated.

It's entirely possible they know about Stone Ocean and have twisted it to fit their narrative

On Pocket Casts, SBFC 153 and 154 are both the same episode (154), is it worth catching up with 153 after listening to 154, or should I skip to 155?

That's disappointing to hear. Lisa Lisa, trish and all the girls from stone ocean were great. I'm still hoping for a twin Jojo arc from araki. It's going to be annoying when stone ocean will have a mixed reception due to where it goes and they find it to justify the girl cast for the fail.

Part 7&8 have great female characters but I will leave it to people unaware to find out for themselves.

Strimei

Nier: Good lord I love Liam O'Brien, he's an amazing voice actor. He gives Weiss such personality.

The line "Fine! Just Fine!...alright, no I'm not." was perfectly said, just as Pat said.

Moaradin

I'm so into Nier right now. If I still had my 360 I'd immediately buy it and play it. Long wait between uploads are killing me. I'm tempted to go youtube all the cutscenes now :(

ArjanN

I've tried multiple times but honestly I couldn't get into any Jojo past part 3. I'll probably try again but I don't really get why they seem to think it gets better after that.

I'm so into Nier right now. If I still had my 360 I'd immediately buy it and play it. Long wait between uploads are killing me. I'm tempted to go youtube all the cutscenes now :(

I kind of agree with Pat in the latest Nier video in that it seems like a game with lots of interesting ideas but held back in certain areas like the gameplay, basically a diamond in the rough.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Man i really love the reactions everyone is having to Nier, because we're just at the tip of the iceberg with this first playthrough. Man, this LP combination has hit its stride in that finale, and it's only gonna get better.
The exponential curve is still going.

The irony of hearing Woolie say "Get it right" in the Jojo LP lol

Man i really love the reactions everyone is having to Nier, because we're just at the tip of the iceberg with this first playthrough. Man, this LP combination has hit its stride in that finale, and it's only gonna get better.
The exponential curve is still going.

Get ready for the next 2 episodes to be walls of text

My issue with Nier would be that it took waaaaaaaaaay too long to get interesting storywise. I guess if the gameplay was better I could maybe forgive the first 66% being so dull.

Also the blocking seems really stupid how it will just 100% block things for many (most?) enemies.

Top Bottom