• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

I want more videos! :D
EtnxV.png

cKqiu.png

You guys can thank me later.

I'm not good at bubbling

:lol :lol :lol :lol @ the Extra Life Deleted scene. That's probably one of the best monologue's I've ever seen (read: heard) in my life. Had me crying from laughter. They shouldn't have deleted that part.

The alternate ending is pretty damn good as well, I would've been content with them picking either one.

But yeah, such a great movie. Here's hoping they make another. :D

MWCShay

I have not read the thread, it is just to big now. I just started watching the movie and was wondering about a particular song on it. It sounds exactly like a song from The Legend of Zelda and someone is singing it when he has the dream sequence in the school, while running through the hallways. It is very close to the beginning of the movie.

Does anyone here know what song that is? I actually like all the video game references in the movie.

It's the save file / fairy fountain music from A Link to the Past. The version used from the movie isn't on any Zelda or Scott Pilgrim soundtrack, unfortunately.

SalsaShark said:
How ? the comics are done.
I haven't read the comics at all so I don't know what I'm talking about. However, I was under the impression that the movie was based on only the second volume (vs the World) and that it would be possible to adapt some of the later ones. I guess I was wrong?

Salsa

Revolutionary said:
I haven't read the comics at all so I don't know what I'm talking about. However, I was under the impression that the movie was based on only the second volume (vs the World) and that it would be possible to adapt some of the later ones. I guess I was wrong?

Its an adaptation of them all, it ends where the last comic ends. The story varies greatly from the second volume onwards, that's what you probably heard.

SalsaShark said:
Its an adaptation of them all, it ends where the last comic ends. The story varies greatly from the second volume onwards, that's what you probably heard.
Ah, that's too bad. :(

I guess I just wanted more. lol

Revolutionary said:
very. It covers all the volumes at least in time; the movie and comic end at the same moment/point. That doesn't mean it covers most of the the events though; it basically glazes over bigger parts of volume 4 and 5 totally and most of 6 until the end. It feels very dead on up until the end of volume 3 then it just fly to the ending at light speed.

MWCShay

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
It's the save file / fairy fountain music from A Link to the Past. The version used from the movie isn't on any Zelda or Scott Pilgrim soundtrack, unfortunately.

Damn! I really like that singing version of it too, I might extract it from the DVD then. Thanx BTW.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Revolutionary said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol @ the Extra Life Deleted scene. That's probably one of the best monologue's I've ever seen (read: heard) in my life. Had me crying from laughter. They shouldn't have deleted that part.
I thought it was a bit too talky. If they had shortened it a bit though, I agree it should have been left in.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Edgar Wright did mention there was enough leftover material to make a third soundtrack album. I'm guessing the Zelda track would be a part of that.

I really wanted to hear Ramona's speech about trying to escape to find answers, but she just ended up at her dad's house dicking around on the internet for a week. You have that that in the ending they did but still I was hoping for it going in.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Revolutionary said:
Ah, that's too bad. :(

I guess I just wanted more. lol

yeah me too i never read the comics....the creator said he's done with scott and crew for the time being...so theres hope but it seems like..we arent getting anymore SP for the foreseeable future. :( i really enjoyed this movie and the game...and dont slip on the OST for the videogame its like...every 2d sidescroller beat em up ...ever rolled up into 24 awesome songs.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
A facebook friend of mine from Los Angeles is claiming he just saw Michael Cera get hit by a cab and killed outside of a club. I haven't seen anything showing in the news or on celebrity gossip sites, so I'm hoping that the guy is full of shit. If anyone can disprove this guy, I'd be pretty happy.

In any case, I watched the movie again with some friends tonight and I just love it. I see something new every time.

edit: I'm going to sleep. I don't intend to be that guy who posts a wild rumor for the sake of getting attention. Hopefully, I'll wake up and everyone here will be laughing at me for being gullible and I can add this guy to my ignore list on FB.

Jintor

Captain Pants said:
A facebook friend of mine from Los Angeles is claiming he just saw Michael Cera get hit by a cab and killed outside of a club. I haven't seen anything showing in the news or on celebrity gossip sites, so I'm hoping that the guy is full of shit. If anyone can disprove this guy, I'd be pretty happy.

In any case, I watched the movie again with some friends tonight and I just love it. I see something new every time.

edit: I'm going to sleep. I don't intend to be that guy who posts a wild rumor for the sake of getting attention. Hopefully, I'll wake up and everyone here will be laughing at me for being gullible and I can add this guy to my ignore list on FB.

Google "Michael Cera"

"No automatic news reports on Michael Cera"

Good enough for me. Kick/ban

XiaNaphryz said:
I thought it was a bit too talky. If they had shortened it a bit though, I agree it should have been left in.

Edgar Wright did mention there was enough leftover material to make a third soundtrack album. I'm guessing the Zelda track would be a part of that.
Well, being kind of 'talky" was part of the gag, no? It was an "epic" speech with a nice buildup to the music in the dark... it's hilarious. The gag in full was perfect, IMO.

And yes, Mr. Wright did mention that in the commentary, and that maybe they'd release a 3rd soundtrack if there was enough interest (aka buy the other albums like I did - they're all great).

Salsa

For those of you who are talking about "wanting more" after seeing the movie: Read the comics. There's a lot of stuff that the movie doesnt cover.

Just saw this again at home. Everybody goes on about the Watchmen opening...but THIS....This is a freaking opening.

One of the best opening credit sequences ever. Just the zoom out while that awesome song kicks in making the room just look larger and larger. And then the badass fuzzed out credits.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

derFeef

Discotheque said:
Just saw this again at home. Everybody goes on about the Watchmen opening...but THIS....This is a freaking opening.

One of the best opening credit sequences ever. Just the zoom out while that awesome song kicks in making the room just look larger and larger. And then the badass fuzzed out credits.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
It gave me shivers when that Scott Pilgrim logo appeared - so awesome.

Jintor

A Link to the Snitch said:
I still very strongly prefer the personality of Lucas Lee in the comics. The actor does a great job, but it feels like they could have done a better job with it.

I think he's better if he's not quite so much an unrepetant asshole, yeah

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
I still very strongly prefer the personality of Lucas Lee in the comics. The actor does a great job, but it feels like they could have done a better job with it.

I'm not sure, he's fine in the comics but Chris Evans really brings something unique to it (eyebrows!). For such a likeable actor he can do 'douchebag' really well. The line about getting blazed in the winnie always gets me and I must have seen it dozens of times now from the trailers.

Also, that MEW vid in the youtube links above seals the deal, girl is fucking beautiful, haters can go choke :lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
One thing about this movie I wish they could of done was add stuff from the 4th, 5th and 6th book. A lot of stuff I wished to see in the movie. One thing I wanted to see was from the 1st book though the x-men joke Scott does.

Discotheque said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
It was awesome watching the opening in theaters

Myriadis

There is no single movie theather within the radius of 200 kilometers (~140 miles) which plays Scott Pilgrim.Damn!I want to watch it so badly.

XiaNaphryz

Jedeye Sniv said:
Also, that MEW vid in the youtube links above seals the deal, girl is fucking beautiful, haters can go choke :lol
Dude, most of us have no issue with how she looks in general - the vid proves our point that she looks a lot more amazing out of the movie than how she appeared in it.

hermit7 said:
Was the aspect ratio fixed for the Blu-Ray? I remember in theaters some of the picture was cut off.
Sounds more like an issue with the theater setup you saw it at - no issues with the screen at the theaters I saw it at.

ezekial45

Banned
SalsaShark said:
For those of you who are talking about "wanting more" after seeing the movie: Read the comics. There's a lot of stuff that the movie doesnt cover.
I do seem to recall that Wright said had an idea for a sequel where Scott has to fight off an evil alien rock band. He called it Scott Pilgrim vs. 2012.

Obviously it's way different from the comic, but it still sounds like it would be fun.

Az987

all good things
Holy shit. This movie wasn't even really on my radar but I decided to buy it on blu-ray anyway.

I watched half of it last night and wow, its so good. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
Dude, most of us have no issue with how she looks in general - the vid proves our point that she looks a lot more amazing out of the movie than how she appeared in it.

No man, I mean the camera tests in costume as Ramona, all the stuff with her eyes and lips she does. That slightly disapproving, slightly pouty look she gives.... dayum! To be fair, I think I may have more of a thing for the actual character of Ramona than MEW strictly, although she was also smoking hot in Grindhouse and I'm digging the 50's look she's going for in her recent interviews. But coloured hair, rollerskates and leggings just hit me in all the right spots :D

XiaNaphryz

brotkasten said:
Knives looks so ... wrong.
The vid was supposed to be shown at the start of the credits after the ending, but with the ending change to Ramona it was pulled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom