• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens S2 |OT| We're Back, Idiot Hookers -Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Poor Grace.

100% deserved. Grace was straight up the worst part about Season 1. Bland, boring, and straightforward in a really obnoxious way. In a cast full of zany characters, I can't believe the lead had the "last girl trope" played straight.

It really is though. She means well and she works really hard, but she isn't actually all that smart. There's a lot of hints of that throughout the show. She thought Dean Munsch was the killer in S1 and helped attempt to kill her with the Chanels, and in this season she was going to lobotomize a patient who was growing excessive hair and thought that was a good idea.

Zayday is delightfully ditzy. It's weird because it's not really apparent until you really think about it. Like that domino's pizza analogy she made was straight wack and she's always doing that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
100% deserved. Grace was straight up the worst part about Season 1. Bland, boring, and straightforward in a really obnoxious way. In a cast full of zany characters, I can't believe the lead had the "last girl trope" played straight.

Grace was bland, but I feel like her character provided a necessary counterweight to the rest of the cast's insanity. She grounded the show.

Even with Zayday taking over the Grace role, season 2 is just a little too much for me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Season 1 was a lot like Mean Girls. Grace was the Cady character, Chanel #1 was Regina, and the other most senior Chanels were Gretchen and Karen. The difference is that Grace didn't really change that much over the course of the season. Her character arc was static, she reacted to the revelations around her but they didn't really change her that much.

I liked Grace for how she grounded the show...but I can't imagine she was very fun to play or write for. I'd still like her to come back, the contrast is nice.

PK Gaming

Grace was bland, but I feel like her character provided a necessary counterweight to the rest of the cast's insanity. She grounded the show.

Even with Zayday taking over the Grace role, season 2 is just a little too much for me.

I definitely realize the importance of a "straight (wo)man" but Grace was incredibly grating in how dull she was. There are ways of making the straight main interesting, and Grace pretty much had 0 going for her.

If she comes back, I hope they turn that blandness into a punchline for others to make fun of (ironically giving her some character, lol)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I definitely realize the importance of a "straight (wo)man" but Grace was incredibly grating in how dull she was. There are ways of making the straight main interesting, and Grace pretty much had 0 going for her.

If she comes back, I hope they turn that blandness into a punchline for others to make fun of (ironically giving her some character, lol)

True, but still, I'd rather take a grating dull counterweight to no counterweight at all.

W-00

I think it was just the curly hair. It's the devil's hair. ;))

No, it was the 'k's. I could never get over how every time she'd say something that should end with 'ing' she actually said 'ingk'. I'm sure that at least half the annoyance she caused people came from that, even if it was subconscious on the part of the viewers.

I really hope that was something she was doing on purpose as a character trait. I'd really hate to have just insulted Skyler.

Taruranto

Grace was totally meant to be S1 main character, she was the audience surrogate, she had a connection to the main villain, she wanted to find about the murders, she was the final girl and she was the only non-crazy person in a world of crazy people.

She just... didn't work. Even in S1 Zayday ended up being better than her in everything despite her role technically being "Grace's best friend".

This S2 doesn't have a clear cut main character on other hand, Zayday ended up completely taking over Grace's spot, but the narrative doesn't feel quite as centered around her like it was with Grace (She doesn't have that much going on, as a person). Dean Munsch and Channel feel as quite as important.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Hand

Dean Munsch's efforts to grab positive press for the hospital leads to her pitching a risky surgery to Dr. Holt, whose hand is acting stranger than ever. Meanwhile, Chanel #3 forces Cassidy to take a psych test to get to the bottom of his problem; and Nurse Hoffel puts in motion her diabolical plan.

Jhoan

That training montage with Cassidy and Push it to the Limit was great. Chanel Number 3 might just figure out Cassidy's secret or die trying faster than Zayday will.

Jhoan

Will a Chanel die tonight? It sure as hell is looking that way unless Green Meanie #3 throws a wrench into things and saves the day.

Jhoan

It's a rather famous comedian who you won't find in the credits of the show. He did it basically for free.
Say what?! I know who it definitely isn't: Dave Chapelle. I would say Louis CK but that's super off the mark. I'm sure there's some pretty good detectives here who will figure it out.

RIP Chanel Number 10 or 9. She got Agent 47'ed.

vypek

That's a good question and one that is suspect. Also where is Chamerberlain?

I was just telling a friend that he almost never has a scene without Zayday. I guess if one of them isn't showing up then the other isn't either.

Wonder if it's a schedule issue for filming or if there is a significance for her not being there

Jhoan

Holy shit this is legit tense
I like how the hand was shackled.
I was just telling a friend that he almost never has a scene without Zayday. I guess if one of them isn't showing up then the other isn't either.

Wonder if it's a schedule issue for filming or if there is a significance for her not being there
I think that's a question TJ Bennett can answer unless he's Johnny Tightlips and ain't saying nothing.

Jhoan

Happy to see that Zayday will be back next episode. This episode wasn't big on laughs but the rabbit hole gets deeper. Hopefully in the next episode, Green Meanie #3's identity will be closer to getting out the bag.

kirblar

He mentioned previously that the only shot Kirstie's scenes recently that were in the pilot and early eps- it's gotta be a scheduling thing.

Jhoan

I'm spoiler tagging stuff so as that West Coast peeps get to see. Question concerning Brock:
Wait that was Brock's replacement hand in the final scene or is it still the murderous hand?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Still cannot believe I just saw footage directed by Jamie Lee Curtis. Got chills. That episode will be amazing.

LycanXIII

It's a rather famous comedian who you won't find in the credits of the show. He did it basically for free.

It sounded kind of like Lewis Black?

Also, the new hand, did Cassidy replace his own hand first and give it to Holt? Holt had a murderous hand, but it didn't want to intentionally kill Chanel.

W-00

So after this last episode, are we all agreed that at the very least, Dean Munsch
killed Chad, this episode's Chanel, and the guy at the end of this episode? In addition to her ex last season, I mean.

vypek

So after this last episode, are we all agreed that at the very least, Dean Munsch
killed Chad, this episode's Chanel, and the guy at the end of this episode? In addition to her ex last season, I mean.

I want to say yes because it seems like the obvious choice but the obviousness has me second guessing myself like the writers are giving a red herring

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I don't think so.
I think the 3rd Green Meanie started out as being against her, but now is killing to keep the hospital from being closed. Watch it being Wes.

W-00

I don't think so.
I think the 3rd Green Meanie started out as being against her, but now is killing to keep the hospital from being closed. Watch it being Wes.

While I wouldn't put it past
Wes to be a Green Meanie, I think he'd be doing it to help Hester, since she is his daughter, after all (so he'd be the one she's working with, and she just sensed that Cassidy was one, too).

Of course, it's also possible that
there are four killers running around this season. After all, between Boone, Pete, Gigi, and Hester there were four killers last season (plus Munsch).

Taruranto

Weak episode, I really can't find the killer stuff, or rather the mystery around it, particularly engaging this season. Or maybe it was too focused on the weakest characters, I dunno. Not a fan of Doctor Hot, even if the scene in with the hand taking over and protecting him from the Meanie was funny.

Episode 8 preview, Zayday better finish that
"Surprise bitch" with "I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Rapunzel, Rapunzel

A new patient who has a link to Dean Munsch's past checks into the institute with the intention of winning her back; a jealous Brock further questions his relationship with Chanel; and Chamberlain and Zayday try to learn the origins of the Green Meanie killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom