• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited |OT| Unleash your inner copyright infringement

Blizzard

Banned
There are very few action stages. I've played about 80% through the main campaign, and I've only come across about two levels that could be considered action stages.
I haven't tried testing whether you can make rope, glue, lever etc. contraptions, but I'm not sure if the engine has support for the old sliding door, lever, explosion, whatever starite stuff from previous games. I think they got rid of the digging/terrain stuff because they moved away from the DS tile-based maps.

One kind of weird thing is, the WASD + mouse remappable controls work great in most cases, but if you put a ladder up, you can't climb it with jump/up/whatever. You have to activate the ladder, and sometimes that will make you just vertically hover and maybe fall back down. I think when I put a ladder next to a tree to climb it, Maxwell levitated vertically up from the base of the tree instead. :p

How is the user generated stuff on the Wii U? I can pick up either the PC or Wii U for the same price but I cannot decide which one to get.

The PC stuff posted in here looks awesome but on the other hand I feel like I'd like to play this on the couch rather than at my keyboard. If the Miiverse stuff is anywhere near the PC I'm all in on that version.

ScOULaris

I haven't tried testing whether you can make rope, glue, lever etc. contraptions, but I'm not sure if the engine has support for the old sliding door, lever, explosion, whatever starite stuff from previous games. I think they got rid of the digging/terrain stuff because they moved away from the DS tile-based maps.

One kind of weird thing is, the WASD + mouse remappable controls work great in most cases, but if you put a ladder up, you can't climb it with jump/up/whatever. You have to activate the ladder, and sometimes that will make you just vertically hover and maybe fall back down. I think when I put a ladder next to a tree to climb it, Maxwell levitated vertically up from the base of the tree instead. :p

No, it still supports that. The prison/penitentiary level in Unlimited has a mission that resembles the classic Action Levels.

Blizzard

Banned
No, it still supports that. The prison/penitentiary level in Unlimited has a mission that resembles the classic Action Levels.
Ah cool, though not the digging I assume due to tile-based levels not being used.

They also got rid of the light dark thing (spawning a moon to make it night), but I heard that the
ghost house level
still uses a light mechanic.

shaowebb

For those who want to know how to script a character to throw people into the sky like my Haggar does here is what I did.

• Coded him to add the adjective "throwable" to anything he touches
  • made it so anytime he is equipped that he would throw an object very fast at target
  • made it so that in order to get him to grapple things he would "STEAL" humans, animals, or robots to sort of insure he'd try to grab sentinel, ammy or others once I made them. Doesn't matter if they are alive and shouldn't be grabbable since as soon as he touches them they become throwable and thus able to be grabbed and "stolen"
  • Being picked up makes everything attack him
  • when haggar loses health he is coded to attack meaning he will try to strike them if he sees them standing thus his piping if they get put down
  • they are now his target and between pipings he is still scripted to pick them up. They are now however his "TARGET" and if he is equipped with ANYTHING and has a target he is scripted to throw said object at the target very fast
  • since he is holding his target instead of throwing them forward like any other object would be thrown it tries to throw them at themself which is impossible. This causes the game to fire them STRAIGHT UP LIKE HOODLUM LAUNCHER!
  • He then proceeds to pipe pipe pipe catch hoodlum launcher pipe hoodlum launcher pipe throw throw throw until death. Just like in UMVC3!

So if you want to make The Hulkster, or Warrior or whatever go for it! This is how you script a grappler.

Oh by the way SHOUTOUTS to the Scribblenauts team for listening to posts on Gaf. Back in the first Scribblenauts game I complained because I play a dulcimer and the word would spawn a piano. Here's what I posted.

In Super Scribblenauts they saw it and replaced it with an appalachian mountain dulcimer in the classic teardrop shape. I don't know whether they did this next part in that game or not, but playing Scribblenauts Unlimited today in the "Rockstar" challenge I was also able to spawn a hammered dulicimer too! The only kind they don't have are hourglass dulcimers or something insane like my electric dulcimer now, but who cares.

Its such a little thing, but they listened and ran with it. Thank you Scribblenauts team. You guys are great.
yay.jpg

EDIT:
I'm finding some word bank glitches between different zones on the PC version. I couldn't use created objects in the hospital. It may be a thing in the game where you can't use created objects to solve stages you haven't cleared before though so I'll test it to make certain by trying it in all the new areas I visit as well as trying it again in them all after I beat them.

However, this doesn't explain why some words exist in some stages and not others. For example, you cannot create a dulcimer of any kind on the farm, but you can in the city and multiple other areas. I think some stages may be using old versions of the final word bank and not the finished completed versions that were used elsewhere in the game. Its odd, but I'll test it out and see now that I got a few things that will appear in some areas and not others on the PC version.

Anyone experiencing any of these specific things on the 3DS or Wii U versions?

DOUBLE EDIT:
Okay I tested to see if Haggar could appear in stages like the hospital after I beat all the things in them. No he cannot. In fact any created object you make cannot be summoned period in stages outside of hubs like the city that lets you travel to all the stage levels like the hospital and firehouse. This makes me think the stages do not update their wordbank to include things you make in the object editor on the PC version. This still doesn't explain why the farm will not let me make a dulcimer though since all the hubs and stages so far will let me do that.

This may be a PC only thing, but its looking like hubs and stages have different word lists wherein hubs update to include stuff you make and stages within the hubs do not. Still no idea why the farm is missing words though...perhaps its simply using a wordbank that was made early on since its the first level and it was never updated? Who knows. Anyone on Wii U or 3DS who can test for similar things? It'd be nice to compare some notes on this.

TRIPLE EDIT:
Haggar is working now. Turned it off and on again. However, the dulcimer thing is still happening. Odd stuff, but it looks like you can use your created objects anywhere and it was probably related to my cloud sync error and NOT some kind of game thing.

Blizzard

Banned
I think all non-created words/objects are in the same data file, and there are no data files that are specific to different levels, only the various save files that store whatever you've spawned into those levels.

The farm may have some special flags because it's a tutorial-ish level, but I'm not sure. That's actually good to know, since I've been running tests at the farm, and perhaps I should do that elsewhere.

Would anyone mind uploading one of their created objects (the obj_slot file) to somewhere like dropbox? I'd like to try seeing if it will show up in my game, or if my Steam cloud sync will overwrite it. (and/or if I can update my Steam cloud sync with the item)

shaowebb

I think all non-created words/objects are in the same data file, and there are no data files that are specific to different levels, only the various save files that store whatever you've spawned into those levels.

The farm may have some special flags because it's a tutorial-ish level, but I'm not sure. That's actually good to know, since I've been running tests at the farm, and perhaps I should do that elsewhere.

Would anyone mind uploading one of their created objects (the obj_slot file) to somewhere like dropbox? I'd like to try seeing if it will show up in my game, or if my Steam cloud sync will overwrite it. (and/or if I can update my Steam cloud sync with the item)

I'll help. Whats your name on Steam?

I think the file I'm sending you is my Dormammu that I just finished.

dCqTh.jpg

shaowebb

Shoutouts to Blizzard for helping me get Dulcimers working again in the barn area. Cloud sync had borked some local data files and he helped me to figure out how to get things going again after some work. Things are working fine now and its looking like my Cloud Sync error was causing ALLLLLL those missing items issues in various stages.

Doesn't look like there are any seperate list problems anywhere. Just cloud sync issues that i went through. So go ahead and test in the barn area carefree folks.

Blizzard

Banned
I would advise people, if you're doing any heavy object editing work, or experimenting with data files, make sure you back up your objects (and maybe your save data as well).

Object data is located in your Steam folder, something like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\SOME_NUMBER_HERE\218680\remote

Save data is also located in your Steam foldere, somewhere like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scribblenauts\SAVEDATA

shaowebb

Could you do something like SCP-173? Like, it only moves if no other living thing look at it?

Pooooossibly. There is a script that starts with " WHEN IT SEES AN OBJECT" and it has exception filters. You could likely run that from the reverse end because if its looking at someone then you could make it stand still by adding an adjective. The hard part though is if it sees someone and their back is turned to them. I may need to use adjectives that force people to look at it like "attractive" or something so long as it doesn't add parts to its look.

If I can make others look at it and it knows not to move if it sees them then were pretty close. If I can give it a behavior to destroy running or afraid objects then we can make sure he kills off those that break and run since I can base him off of a monster and have folks react to him as such and deal with the conflicting scripts of look at it or die. If it works then good, but it'll be touch and go and has potential for a lot of conflicting scripts.

It might be doable, but it will be tricky. I know of at least 2 SCP-173's in the works right now trying to pull this off.

BTW please upvote the things you subscribe to so they get more front page views. I see folks with over 100 subscribers and no stars gold. I'd like to see some of those get more face time.

shaowebb

Does 'Turquoise Jeep' do anything?

I wish, but Jeep is a trademarked name and as such jeeps aren't in the game period for this particular pop culture reference. You could likely make this though without any problem.

REAL EDIT: This is doable Dancing is in the game and so are a lot of other behaviors that make you flail. Id use jump suits bandanna, glasses, make some facial hair and program him to dance and change behaviors to other various dance moves using add adjective scripts like moonwalking or something if he sees someone or gets near an object.

How you like your eggs?

ALSO more mahvel baby. An okay version of Hsien Ko with her speed patched back in even though its missing in MVC.

FBk5t.jpg

I'd like to echo some other posters and ask for some Wii U impressions. I'm leaning towards the PC version because of Steam Workshop, but I know that I can engage my kids with this much more easily using the Wii U. Any impressions of user-generated content on that system? Any issues with that version?

JazzmanZ

I wish, but Jeep is a trademarked name and as such jeeps aren't in the game period for this particular pop culture reference. You could likely make this though without any problem.

REAL EDIT: This is doable Dancing is in the game and so are a lot of other behaviors that make you flail. Id use jump suits bandanna, glasses, make some facial hair and program him to dance and change behaviors to other various dance moves using add adjective scripts like moonwalking or something if he sees someone or gets near an object.

How you like your eggs?

ALSO more mahvel baby. An okay version of Hsien Ko with her speed patched back in even though its missing in MVC.

FBk5t.jpg

you should put the hat in front so it gives the illusion of being on her.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm more than 70% done the game now. I have to echo the sentiment that the puzzles are kinda weak. Most of the puzzles involve something so specific that the range of possible answers seems narrow. Usually the answer was obvious, but occasionally I had to try a dozen different things before figuring out what the designer intended.

Otherwise, I like the open world nature with puzzles scattered throughout. Much more interesting than simply picking puzzles from a menu. Controls feel tighter and the Objectnaut engine is improved. It's basically an improvement from Super Scribblenauts in every way except the puzzle design.

You know what would be cool? An Iwata Asks segment with the dev team. 'Cause hey, Zombi U got one!

shaowebb

you should put the hat in front so it gives the illusion of being on her.

Missing her sister!

Bitch bitch bitch.
lol jk.

There's actually a reason for the hat. I never found a shape that was that squat because all the objects that shape I'd found by last night were actually too tall for her hat even thought they were the right shape. What I discovered was that if you made a bell you got a hand bell with a long stem with a nob on the end of it you could paint seperately. I made the bell huge, painted the handle her skin tone and popped it behind her head and inched it into place so the handle hung onto her chest and the belltop peaked above her head.

This created BOTH her hat and her boob window thing in her outfit. I then made an object that was a small rectangular segmented thingie (Battery lol) and colored it the color of her outfit and slapped it onto the handle above the boob window to simulate her top's collar and complete the illusion.

Like I said its all about designing in shapes and this one was used to simulate two seperate shapes simultaneously on her model. All it needed was extras for the hat's ball and an extra to put a collar area back onto her top not that I had simulated the boob window using the nob on the end of the bell handle. Simply cover the handle portion above the nob in pink and done.

As for the sister she is DLC in Mahvel as an outfit alt only so yeah maybe later, but not right away. My next big project is a Phoenix that can accurately turn into Dark Phoenix. I got an idea, but it'll be tricky to pull off. Here's hoping I can find the right base for this because it'll be crucial.

kunonabi

Bitch bitch bitch.
lol jk.

There's actually a reason for the hat. I never found a shape that was that squat because all the objects that shape I'd found by last night were actually too tall for her hat even thought they were the right shape. What I discovered was that if you made a bell you got a hand bell with a long stem with a nob on the end of it you could paint seperately. I made the bell huge, painted the handle her skin tone and popped it behind her head and inched it into place so the handle hung onto her chest and the belltop peaked above her head.

This created BOTH her hat and her boob window thing in her outfit. I then made an object that was a small rectangular segmented thingie (Battery lol) and colored it the color of her outfit and slapped it onto the handle above the boob window to simulate her top's collar and complete the illusion.

Like I said its all about designing in shapes and this one was used to simulate two seperate shapes simultaneously on her model. All it needed was extras for the hat's ball and an extra to put a collar area back onto her top not that I had simulated the boob window using the nob on the end of the bell handle. Simply cover the handle portion above the nob in pink and done.

As for the sister she is DLC in Mahvel as an outfit alt only so yeah maybe later, but not right away. My next big project is a Phoenix that can accurately turn into Dark Phoenix. I got an idea, but it'll be tricky to pull off. Here's hoping I can find the right base for this because it'll be crucial.

By sister I believe he means the yellow ward-paper that goes on her hat.

Blizzard

Banned
shaowebb, you put tons of work into your creations. I hope they get noticed. Make sure you make backups after creating complicated things though, just in case your stuff ever gets all deleted because of copyright issues.

shaowebb

By sister I believe he means the yellow ward-paper that goes on her hat.

Huh? Ah crap the sideview reference I used from the MVC3 strat guide made it so I didn't even notice that thin yellow line. Sorry about that I never played Darkstalkers beyond a few pokes with Queen Bee once or twice.

oOUzq.jpg

Thank you for pointing that out. I got it on there and even got the kanji texture to manage to paint yellow for added effect.

For helping me spot that do you have any requests?

codhand

not surprised, the press are tepid on it, im enjoying it a lot, gaf not being on board the band wagon doesnt really say much about a game's prospect of success.

Midou

There are little details in these game that are pretty well done. Like summoning George Washington and a Red Coat and seeing them fight. Though Blue Coat literally makes a coat. Yes, totally inspired by AC3.

I got 3 stages left, and only played for not too many hours. $15 seems to be a fairer price point to be honest. Wish it had some of the challenges from the second game, like doing 3 solutions in a row with no repeats. Though I do like the open-ness and just creating a bunch of random shit and seeing what happens.

ScOULaris

not surprised, the press are tepid on it, im enjoying it a lot, gaf not being on board the band wagon doesnt really say much about a game's prospect of success.

Tepid is a fucking understatement. Did they not even send out review copies for this game on PC? There is ONE review on Metacritic for it.

It's just such a shame because sharing screenshots and videos of the wackiness is half the fun of Scribblenauts. There is virtually no community whatsoever for this game.

Blizzard

Banned
Tepid is a fucking understatement. Did they not even send out review copies for this game on PC? There is ONE review on Metacritic for it.

It's just such a shame because sharing screenshots and videos of the wackiness is half the fun of Scribblenauts. There is virtually no community whatsoever for this game.
There are already a bit over 2,000 items on the Steam workshop, not counting all the vulgar or copyrighted stuff that got taken down. Compared to say, 1000-ish items for Skyrim, or 2600-ish items for DOTA 2, that's a good many items, but of course it's way simpler to make an item for Scribblenauts.

I imagine if it shows up during the Christmas sale, it may get a bit of a community boost.

I've been a super longtime Scribblenauts fan, obviously, but I agree that the limited solutions to puzzles, and lack of action mechanics, may lead to some lack of replay value aside from spawning random stuff. Some things may also look nicer but do less (e.g. time machine).

So is the 3DS version of this game worth picking up for someone who loved Remix on iOS?

My girlfriend has an android phone and always steals my iPhone to get a few minutes of Remix playtime, and I am thinking about purchasing a 3DS for her for basically this game alone (she doesn't have a PC capable of running the steam version).

Also, are the first two DS titles worth owning for someone who can play Remix (albeit in short bursts on my phone)?

I was thinking 3DS bundled with SM3D Land + Scribblenauts + Super + Unlimited (with the giant pencil and cool case cover) for a huge awesome gaming gift.

While I think she'd totally dig an item creator that's missing from the handheld version, there's always the chance to pick-up the Wii U version when we acquire one (around Bayonetta 2 launch).

BooJoh

Does Wii u have a screenshot feature? If so, that's awesome.

You can post screenshots to Miiverse, but that's it. It doesn't save them to the system and you can't access them from a PC, and the Wii U Browser doesn't even support uploading.

So is the 3DS version of this game worth picking up for someone who loved Remix on iOS?

My girlfriend has an android phone and always steals my iPhone to get a few minutes of Remix playtime, and I am thinking about purchasing a 3DS for her for basically this game alone (she doesn't have a PC capable of running the steam version).

Also, are the first two DS titles worth owning for someone who can play Remix (albeit in short bursts on my phone)?

I was thinking 3DS bundled with SM3D Land + Scribblenauts + Super + Unlimited (with the giant pencil and cool case cover) for a huge awesome gaming gift.

While I think she'd totally dig an item creator that's missing from the handheld version, there's always the chance to pick-up the Wii U version when we acquire one (around Bayonetta 2 launch).

It would probably be worth it for the game, I don't know about buying a 3DS just for this game though when the 3DS version lacks the best feature of the console/PC version. I'm also not sure how playable Scribblenauts would be after having played the sequels, because the first one had no adjectives and the physics were crazy. Also AFAIK the iOS one was a Super Scribblenauts port, possibly with some added stuff.

kunonabi

Huh? Ah crap the sideview reference I used from the MVC3 strat guide made it so I didn't even notice that thin yellow line. Sorry about that I never played Darkstalkers beyond a few pokes with Queen Bee once or twice.

oOUzq.jpg

Thank you for pointing that out. I got it on there and even got the kanji texture to manage to paint yellow for added effect.

For helping me spot that do you have any requests?

I'f were talking Marvel I'd like Morbius or Tron Bonne if were just talking MVC.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm finishing up the game, by getting the object shards. This is actually more fun than most of the puzzles. Some of the reactions are pretty funny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
jlpS78Zb9dOD4.png

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS

be back

wait, i'm sorry

I missed out on all of this

I'm skimming the thread

you can make your own characters and add them to the database? with user-controlled scripting for behavior

and you can download stuff we've made? I'm sorry, if someone
cough Blizzard, you know you want to
can give me a crash course on how this works and how to contribute

On the PC version you... can type with the keyboard, the graphics are all redone at high resolution, and uses steam for content

how is this thread not 50 pages long

edit:
Had a look around the workshop, here is a small sample (I promise you, at this point this is already just a tiny fraction of what's available)
jBJ1b22wqGcIr.jpg

I'd like to reevaluate the scope of my previous question

how is this not widely considered the greatest game of all time

ScOULaris

GAF is still bitter about the first game's controls. I'm convinced that's why nobody gives a shit about this amazing series anymore. I'm with you, though. This PC version is amazing.

Blizzard

Banned
The object creation is decent though limited (no non-uniform scaling is a big one), the scripting is decent though limited (limited to 3 actions per behavior though I'm almost positive the engine supports more), there are better controls but hardly any action levels, and puzzles tend to restrict you in what you can use to solve them. Oh and yes, it's not sold in some region(s) yet for reasons unknown that Jackson can't talk about. It sounds like it's a publisher decision, and not merely time needed to localize.

I think those are the main negatives. Positives are that the game does look good, the controls on PC are decent, the workshop is nice to have, and you can be silly and play around with things on a big screen instead of a little one. I also like the Mario-World-style map with puzzles scattered around.

bryehn

This game is adorable. Never really got into the series before. Just getting into it when my game pad ran out of juice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Of course Blizzard's right about there being substantial limitations (how could there not be?). And I haven't dived that deep into the meat of the puzzles yet of course, and hearing that there are few action levels does certainly suck (though I did run into one I want to redo already).

But the truth is... I don't care. The fact that we're even talking about this limitation or that one is magic.

If you can afford this, buy it. This kind of ambition, gleeful attention to detail, and sense of unbridled imagination and creativity must be rewarded.

This is in fact the game I obsessed over years before it existed. Scribblenauts is the game that brought me to NeoGAF and this is the theoretical game we all geeked out over in that initial thread, the full potential of the original realized in unabashed, inspired glory. Remember imagining how great it would be to be able to type stuff out on a keyboard? To see all the endearing art at a high resolution? To be able to add your own objects to the database, and trade creations with others? One can tell within an hour of playing Scribblenauts Unlimited that it's all here, and more.

While I've been a vocal supporter of the series the whole way through, my DS essentially died on me right around the time Super Scribblenauts came out, and I never got to play it. Thus some of the things that have probably already been long added/rectified from the original game feel completely revolutionary to me.

If there's anyone else out there who only played the original Scribblenauts and have memories of lamenting what could be, all of your most fervent hopes have been realized.

Clunky, frustrating controls? Replaced with whatever scheme you want (it's a PC game!) including the straight-up mouse control the game was always begging for.
Heartless, evil camera, cruelly wresting your view from whatever you wanted to see? Replaced with a flawless pan-and-stick for watching fights, silky-smooth mousewheel zooming to see entire levels, and a "pop-back" at will with a quick tap on the adorable Maxwell icon.
Tired of typing out "Ichthyosaurus" one letter at a time with the stylus? Hit enter->ichthyosaurus->enter. It's the same muscle-memory you use to chat in an MMO, except everything you say pops into existence.
Disappointed that your chosen word doesn't appear? Add it in minutes. Oh, and while you're at it, grab Samus Aran, King Leonidas and Pokeballs off the web.

Both the huge, sweeping changes and little nuances stand out.

On the "oh wow" side: while adjectives sounded like an awesome addition to me at the time, it's even better than I could have imagined. Everything is different now. The fact that you can apply adjectives directly to Maxwell himself is a masterstroke. The ridiculous specificity your deviant mind desires is now fully enabled, and gigantic icy omniscient black radioactive octopi are simply waiting in the ether to be summoned by your imagination.

On the "what a nice little touch" side: even minor additions like "Starite Vision" carry respectable polish. The effect it has on your audio is subtle and clever and will make you smile. Everything is just refined to a sharp edge, and I'm still absolutely bewildered that this product I'm discussing is a game I can play right now, and not a hypothetical flight of fancy that I'm crossing my fingers for one day. They even managed to include some semblance of a touching story framework for the adventure.

What I loved most about the experience of getting and playing Scribblenauts was the "cafeteria effect." That day after you and all your classmates in school got a new game, and you sat around the lunch table trading stories and comparing experiences. All of my favorite games- all of them- invite this effect to some degree. "How did you beat the Flamelurker?" "Have you seen that legendary in person?" "Did you get to The Part Where He Kills You yet?"

That effect is back in full force with Scribblenauts Unlimited. In my first hour of play, here are my favorite two experiences:

In the art gallery, I needed to
help a penguin steal a diamond next to a guard and security camera. I threw on an invisibility cloak, chloroformed the guard, and used an electromagnetic pulse to take out the camera. The penguin grabbed the gem and went on his way.
Ezio, Corvo Attano, Adam Jensen and the dude from Watch Dogs got nothin on Maxwell.

The second was in the fire station, for the
Zombie Attack quest. After assembling the mech and being told to hold off the zombies, I started to aim at them, then paused. Wait a minute, this is Scribblenauts. Tapped on the mech to add an adjective... "enormous." OHGODOHGODOHGOD BIG MISTAKE. Went too big. Got wedged in between the fire station walls and couldn't move let alone reach the zombies. Quickly edited again and settled on "large," sending those undead jerks back to the hell whence they game.

A lot of what makes the game great is going to be making your own fun, for sure- coming up with bizarre or inefficient solutions to problems and staging interesting encounters for your own amusement. If that kind of thing doesn't appeal to you, the game certainly isn't going to for long.

I know I'm being hyperbolic in this post, and on the one hand if you look at Scribblenauts Unlimited as "just a puzzle game" it certainly has flaws and can't possibly have enough content to last forever, and it won't be for everyone (though that Destructoid review is a bit of an atrocity). But on the other hand, there is something special about this blend of charm, ambition, imagination, creativity tools and puzzle-solving. It's ear-to-ear-grin-style fun. It's other things too: I can't wait to show it to my niece and nephew, for whom it will also be a reading tool, teach them about parts of speech, encourage critical thinking and problem solving, and expose them early to what videogames can be when they're at their best.

I will grant that a number of the features I'm crowing about are PC-only, though I'm sure the charm and spirit and creativity translate just fine. Looks like you get some official Nintendo characters to help soften the blow on WIIU, as well, so you don't have to settle for Super Plumber Brother like me. I will say this, though: $30 for this is a goddamn steal.

tl;dr: whatever I'm going to post silly PC version pics in this thread a lot.

edit: btw President Hydra is NOT friendly.

Somebody give me a solid answer please: Is the Wii U version of this worth picking up? My PC likely wouldn't run this very well, so I've been heavily leaning to the Wii U version. The item creating sounds like too much fun!

Pardon my stupidity but... how do I reverse the direction that an item is facing?

This would've been helpful for me on the Paper & Penitentiary level for instance. One of the full starite challenges required me to break out of jail, but I had to get past a large spiked steel ball in order to do so. I couldn't damage the ball and I couldn't use adjectives on it either iirc. The 3rd clue for that particular segment of the challenge recommended that I stay on the 2nd floor and used a fan to push the ball away. But the fan always faces to the left, so it would push the ball to the left... into the locked door that I want to reach. Eventually I made an invincible fan and somehow managed to flip it upside down so that it would blow the ball to the right instead, and I beat the rest of the challenge without a problem. Adjectives like "flipped", "reversed" and "reversible" didn't work, they would either not register in the database or would cause the fan to remain facing to the left.

Pardon my stupidity but... how do I reverse the direction that an item is facing?

This would've been helpful for me on the Paper & Penitentiary level for instance. One of the full starite challenges required me to break out of jail, but I had to get past a large spiked steel ball in order to do so. I couldn't damage the ball and I couldn't use adjectives on it either iirc. The 3rd clue for that particular segment of the challenge recommended that I stay on the 2nd floor and used a fan to push the ball away. But the fan always faces to the left, so it would push the ball to the left... into the locked door that I want to reach. Eventually I made an invincible fan and somehow managed to flip it upside down so that it would blow the ball to the right instead, and I beat the rest of the challenge without a problem. Adjectives like "flipped", "reversed" and "reversible" didn't work, they would either not register in the database or would cause the fan to remain facing to the left.
I ran into the same problem as you, and couldn't figure out how to acually flip anything. Fortunately though, I had messed around with the black hole earlier though and learned the mechanics of it changed in this game, so I kept Maxwell on a higher floor and kept spamming/moving black holes around and used them to get the ball where I wanted it.

Ferrio

Banned

Only way I know how is editting it object creator.

shaowebb

Wow Hsien OK was Number 1 today for awhile and then Samus Aran was and Iron Fist is on the front page too. I must have picked up some subscribers.

shaowebb

Phoenix is taking a long time so I made another character someone requested on Steam.

SHUMA GORATH!

He laughs, poses like a smarmy bastard, bounces around and if he grabs someone he summons up the chaos dimension and laughs while using it.

0vLPo.jpg

Top Bottom