• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes |OT| of team Ieyasu vs. team Mitsunari

Tailzo

segarr said:
3-4? :-o I rarely played with my brother when we were kids and almost everything was co-op for that long of a stretch. She's really into it!
Yeah, well at first she just ran round getting treaures. Now she's helping out doing comboes. We got up very early today, made food, played for a while, went to the store, and then played again. Then later we played again before going to bed (now...). So it wasn't all in one stretch.

I think I would've stopped before that myself :)

Tailzo said:
Yeah, well at first she just ran round getting treaures. Now she's helping out doing comboes. We got up very early today, made food, played for a while, went to the store, and then played again. Then later we played again before going to bed (now...). So it wasn't all in one stretch.

I think I would've stopped before that myself :)

Ahh, if this game isn't <3 I challenge someone to dispute this.

Valcryst

Neo Member
mintylurb said:
Pretty fun game but man my slim ps3 makes some loud disc reading noise when playing this game. It's actually quite scary. I'm wondering if amazon sent me a defective disc or something. I've had so much bad luck with amazon lately ;/

Sometimes it happens to me too, but only at the saving screen, that's odd :\

Anyways, how can this game be so addicting?
121 hours and still 57% of completition rate...man, Saturday I was at 53&, yesterday I finished the last stage of Yukimura's Emaki, killed 5 fugitives in a row with Keiji and unlocked Magoichi as a Bodyguard, then finished a whole story mode with her too (unlocking 2 bodyguards and weapon/accessory)...all this was a mere 4%?!
Whoa :eek:

Is the game selling well?
I really hope for a SB3 Heroes announcement soon...

I didn't get into the series until SB2H came out, so I don't know how long the time from announcement to release date was for that, but I would assume they would make the time frame shorter than they did for SB3 (which came out almost a year after it was originally revealed in gaming magazines). So hopefully we get info by late spring for a summer / fall release :D .

Tailzo

I don't remember my %. But I am pretty "early" into the game too. I've finished the game once with everyone I have unlocked, except for one of them. I also killed my first fugitive. I had no idea what to look for, so when I killed him, I wasn't really trying to kill a fugitive.

I always got messages of fugitives getting away. Finally I'll be able to spot one if I see him.

I guarantee this is going to be SB's version of the "monster hunter ripoff"

I'm hoping for the best, but I'd much rather have heard about an expansion to 3

TreIII

Tailzo said:
Interesting. So it'll be team battle focused? Sounds like a good reason to have 4 player co op.

edit: Here is the quote:

The main thing is to think something along the lines of Gundam Vs./Virtual ON Force with Sengoku BASARA characters. Maybe they might add some thing more to that, since obviously, Strikeforce did well as a MH-rip itself.

My opinion? SB: Battle Heroes (the predecessor) had the potential to be great, but it wasn't nearly as fun as a Gundam Vs. game proper was, and didn't have enough in the way to be a respectable BASARA entrant, either.

But hey, we had to get SB1 before we got SB2, right? So, here's hoping. I'm also hoping that maybe this game might be a means to bring back the older cast too, especially if we're doing a lot to build on the SBBH's engine. Seeing Nagamasa, Kojuuro, Hideyoshi and Hanbei as playable again would pretty much guarantee my purchase. :D

Vhalyar

robotzombie said:
I'm hoping for the best, but I'd much rather have heard about an expansion to 3
I'm glad that they're doing something different actually. I'm still occasionally playing SB3 and trying to knock out the last couple of missing trophies, but it's getting a bit tiring. An expansion this soon would be overkill (for me, that is).

TreIII

I wouldn't worry about SB3's inevitable expansion. After all, now that it's confirmed that Koba and his team won't be working on "DmC", what else do they have to occupy themselves besides more BASARA?

Also, unless things have changed, it's more likely that CH will be outsourced like BH before it. That would ideally do a lot to showcase that the main force behind "Team BASARA" is likely already working on the SB3 expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if that much is ready to be released in Japan by the end of the year.

Just got this from Capcom Store when they had it on sale for 17.99 (this was sometime last month its sold out now), so good. Never played this series before but I like the challenge in it.

I really need to get back into the game. I loved it but I got so many other games the time it came out that its sat shelved. Seemed easy to get the platinum trophy in on the PS3 as well.

Just got this and loving the fuck out of it so far. I'm playing as the arrogant dude with the wrecking ball chain weapon.

One quick question: Other than difficulty, is there any advantage or disadvantage to playing on easy vs. normal or hard?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DaBargainHunta said:
Just got this and loving the fuck out of it so far. I'm playing as the arrogant dude with the wrecking ball chain weapon.

One quick question: Other than difficulty, is there any advantage or disadvantage to playing on easy vs. normal or hard?
It's Musou rules. You generally play on Easy or normal to get leveled up then you play on the harder difficulties to get the higher tier items/weapons.

Vhalyar

DaBargainHunta said:
Difficulty changes item drops. Most noticeably some lootable weapons will seldom/never show up depending on the selected difficulty.

This is actually annoying since some characters can handle Hard perfectly fine right from level one (if you want to bother with the achievements).

I've never played a Musou game. Somehow the game is currently $12.99 at amazon (wii version) and i'm tempted to buy it. Question to Gaf. Is the game good? Hows the Wii version?

Heart Attack said:
I've never played a Musou game. Somehow the game is currently $12.99 at amazon (wii version) and i'm tempted to buy it. Question to Gaf. Is the game good? Hows the Wii version?

Yes this game is awesome. Not sure how the Wii version is, but yeah I'd say it's definitely worth 13buck.

Kevtones

Dedication Through Light said:
You didnt try the Gundam ones?

Nope. As shameful as it is, I've played more Samurai Warriors Katana than I have Musou games.

Got my copy today. It's straight-forward but good. The fighters feel really different and it's just FUN.

Tizoc

I must've clocked over 200 hours playing this game on the PS3 since I got it.
I finished Nobunaga's story mode 100% but am missing his B Joke weapon =_= Getting this fucker will be a pain.

Started on Magoichi again, gonna max out her stats via KOing fugitives then play through hard mode to get her weapons and some missing allies (also to 100% her story mode).

High risk high reward can be pretty useful once you've figured how to play the game, and the defense drop it offers isn't so bad with some characters and certain acc.

After Magoichi I'm left with Yoshitsugu, Ieyasu and Tsuruhime, after which I'll go get my remaining 3 trophies- All weapons, all acc. and all allies. This'll be my 6th Plat (Sly 3's plat is gonna have to wait >o>; )

Speaking of which has anyone here Plat'd the game yet?

Tizoc

Finally...just 1 more trophy and then I Platinum this baby.
Why'd it have to be the D. Helmets?! ...and why did they have to be SO MUCH (I need 18 to make 2 acc.s ;.; )

warpaint

Been thinking of buying this for a long time nowhaveno clue why I've not got it yet haveing loved the demo i thought that it would be a no brainer so tomorrow I'll buy it and hack my way to a win

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Bump - the Wii version is currently $12.99 on Amazon.

I jumped on it and I have to say I am actually blown away. Really awesome, over the top, and I almost can't believe how well it runs on the Wii - MT Framework Lite for the win?

I haven't played many / much of any Musou games, so I'm kind of a virgin. I get the impression this is a good game to start off in.

Been playng it co-op too, and can't believe how well it holds a rock solid 30fps in each window even with all special effects engaged. (It's a rock solid 60fps in single player FYI for those who haven't played it.)

Tizoc

At long freaking last-
LfZhT.jpg

hT7oH.jpg

EdC6T.jpg

Tizoc said:
At long freaking last-
http://i.imgur.com/LfZhT.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hT7oH.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EdC6T.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

As the thread starter, I applaud your madness of over the top ancient warring states Japan. Whose your favorite?

Wow dude, congrats. The most time Ive spent on a PS3 game was Resonance of Fate at 184 hours. 281 is a whole new level. I need to revisit this game, especially as Sanada, most likely after Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow dude, congrats. The most time Ive spent on a PS3 game was Resonance of Fate at 184 hours. 281 is a whole new level. I need to revisit this game, especially as Sanada, most likely after Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3

Yeah DTL, I like you.

Wow. I plan to pick this game up eventually but that's a lot of time needed to get 100%. Very daunting. Then again, I'm playing Samurai Warriors 3 right now and it's possible that the time needed to 100% that will match or eclipse it =(

These games are awesome.

i got platinum too and i'm pretty sure it didn't take me that long. however, it was a bitch to achieve. some requirements force you to have a checklist on hand and the constant mini cutscenes will get on your nerves as well.

Augemitbutter said:
i got platinum too and i'm pretty sure it didn't take me that long. however, it was a bitch to achieve. some requirements force you to have a checklist on hand and the constant mini cutscenes will get on your nerves as well.

I like my cheese. I essentially have to start from the beginning as a system failure yielded my progress down the drain. No matter as I only played with 3 people at that point anyway.

Tizoc

Urban Scholar said:
As the thread starter, I applaud your madness of over the top ancient warring states Japan. Whose your favorite?
Fav. character is most likely Fuuma Kotaro.
I liked most of the cast though, but Fuuma was just badass =)

Draff

Brofist.
I don't think I have the patience.

The power of the toyotomi lord hideyoshi left behind is clearly you Tizoc

Tizoc

Thanks guys, XD.
Just to elaborate-
It is possible to get the Plat. for this game in maybe 150 hours if you know what you're doing and above all if you're lucky.
The 2nd is important since getting the Hard tier weapons is bizarre: When I was playing Quick Battles with Mitsu-ain't-a-bro-nari, I managed to get both his Hard weapons in my first 2 stages o_O
Whereas with Motonari and Shimazu, it took me a heck of a long time to get them.

Also as far as characters are concerned-
Fuuma was just all around badass, and his combo options were pretty neat, come ON the guy practically MAKES IT RAIN GOLD
It also helps that his theme is kickass-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVSkB8RmOw

Everybody else goes here I guess~

Characters I enjoyed if only because they were 'easy mode' were Mitsu-ain't-a-bro-nari and Hodam.

Characters I didn't like a lot were Motonari and Tsuruhime. I guess they just weren't my style, though Tsuruhime's a pain to use due to her shooting only 1 arrow in the first hits of her Square attacks.

My very least fav. is sadly Shimazu, when I saw him in the launch trailer I was very psyched to try him out, but after playing him...he's so slow and barely has any combo options >_<

I didn't see a thread for this, so I figured I'll just put it here:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/05/sengoku_basara_en/
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6799057/1/

Everyone, we have a BASARA 3 expansion coming out this fall!
Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
At least 8 new playable characters will be added, if not more, mostly NPCs from SB3.

Katakura Kojuuro
Sarutobi Sasuke
Kobayakawa Hideaki
Tenkai
Mogami Yoshiaki
Tachibana Muneshige
Otomo Sorin
Matsunaga Hisahide

HISAHIDE IS AT LONG LAST GOING TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

I'm actually surprised they De-NPCified Sorin and finally added Hisahide, I look forward to seeing how things turn out. I don't have too high hopes about bringing back all the old characters, or even the 6 "lesser" NPCs, but I hope they at least de-NPCify Kenshin, Kasuga, Toshiie, Matsu and Hojo as well. This is a damn good start and I am prepared to hop back on the BASARA hype train.

I certainly hope so. I don't really get the whole "adding co-op" thing because both modes in SB3 already support fully co-op.

AdawgDaFAB said:
I certainly hope so. I don't really get the whole "adding co-op" thing because both modes in SB3 already support fully co-op.

If it's confirmed to be real online I'm certainly importing and making another thread =p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm surprised they didn't leave Wii in the dust like so many other publishers. SB3 didn't do particularly well compared to the PS3 release. The difference seemed substantial, unlike games like Tales of Graces. Though I think people said the release was in limited numbers and it took a while to restock, and the Wii release hanged in the charts (too low for MC to provide actual numbers) after the PS3 version disappeared, those sales can't have been significant enough to make up for the launch. Kudos to Capcom for treating it right for once. What are the chances of a localisation for this? I'm not a huge fan of the style of game but I had fun with the original release, it looked and played great on Wii.

Alextended said:
I'm surprised they didn't leave Wi in the dust like so many other publishers. SB3 didn't do particularly well compared to the PS3 release. Kudos to Capcom for treating it right for once.

Recognition of it's Wii audience is definitely positive to see in lieu of what we've seen for the West.

Top Bottom