• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

http://i.imgur.com/274Vv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHoSeEX74w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHoSeEX74w[/URL]

[quote="Kyoufu, post: 42191508"]I don't frequent this thread like I used to :([/QUOTE]

It's basically a hold over from the gaming side deal of explaining your lists, it has changed me, I must explain EVERYTHING.

[quote="Aiii, post: 42191551"]Mine get ignored every month as well. People just don't notice prediction time anymore. It saddens me. We'll keep it going Owl![/QUOTE]
Look at it this way, the Indy side of things gets covered with major precision from various wrasslegaffers, this is our equivalent for WWE's stuff.
And like the Indy stuff it isn't always noticed but dammit we tried, we put our best Cena caps on and come out here with worryingly in depth PPV predictions each and every month for THESE PEOPLE! THE WRASSLEGAF UNIVERSE! WHETHER THEY BOO ME OR CHEER ME!

Cesaro vs ???
Layla vs Kaitlyn
Air Truth vs Daniel Bryan and The Big Red Freak Daniel Bryan Beat at Summerslam
Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus vs Del Rio
Miz vs Mysterio vs Rhodes vs Sin Cara
John Cena vs CM Punk

fairly by the numbers ppv. would be happy to be wrong...unless it's the main event of course

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
We should have rotating guest commentary.

Every week someone new. It could be anyone!

IuzqV.jpg

Jesus Christ..

Just finished rewatching raw now that I can finally do so without worrying myself sick. Kane and Bryan really cracked me up in that final segment, especially that skit after they won the number one contenders match. That bit where they they stormed away from the doc was gold:

Bryan: My name should always come first. I'm a big star and-
Kane: You're the one who got laid out tonight!
Bryan: I'm the one who made the pin!
Kane: Well, yeah, because I set it up for you!

They were also looking to have the match at Extreme Rules except that Bryan's vocal fanbase seemed to chart a different direction for that event.

Holy Wars

Banned
I tried betting on Cena to win but PaddyPower has blocked my account for some reason.

Now I have to watch him win and don't even get money out of it.,

Chopper

Just caught up on a shit load of Raw from the last few weeks. I managed to go spoiler-free, so I was absolutely shitting my pants when Jerry disappeared from ringside and Cole got serious. Thank fuck he's gonna be okay, but a couple of hours ago, I was blubbing hard.

Lawler aside, I have to say that Cena did an amazing job with his last promo. He's still a piece of shit character, and I hate nearly everything about him, but all of a sudden I care about that main event. So, good work, I guess.

But most importantly, that hug-it-out segment from last week is absolutely the funniest thing I have ever seen on WWE television ever. I was crying with laughter. Everyone involved, from the ref actually referreeing the segment, to Bryan and Kane's unbelievable comic timing and delivery, deserves a fucking payrise.

"I HUGGED YOU! YOU DIDN'T HUG ME BACK!"

I was floored.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The biggest collection of Kane videos on youtube, sevenfootmonster22, has been shut down by the WWE. That channel has been around for years.

They are not playing anymore.

Kaladin

Kaladin

He's gonna be in Brussels in November, can't wait. Most excited for Bryan out of the card, obviously.

As I said when I reviewed the show, Bryan was the only one that got over with the crowd based on what he did in the ring that night, vs. who he was making him automatically already over.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I had been wondering if JR might make a commentary appearance — tonight at least — but JBL is almost as good. Hopefully this is a solid PPV otherwise... I wish I could've gone.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They were also looking to have the match at Extreme Rules except that Bryan's vocal fanbase seemed to chart a different direction for that event.

Wasn't Del Rio out with a concussion for one of those ppvs?

yes! NWO because Orton and Jericho got suspended and Del Rio was out.

dat shirt term memory loss.

ACH was easily the highlight of the PPV for me. It was actually the first time I had seen him and he was impressive. Give him a year or two of exposure and he'll be good.

Good to hear his match was well received. Hopefully ROH will have the 1st half replay available soon.

Incidentally, I just got around to watching the main event of the CZW show - is AR Fox actively trying to paralyse himself before he's 30? That running swanton over the turnbuckle onto a guardrail was fucking nuts, and the sliced bread #2 off the apron through a guardrail looked pretty rough too. Dude should be more careful throwing out these huge dangerous spots. He doesn't need to be firing on all cylinders and hit everything he has in every single match.

Wasn't Del Rio out with a concussion for one of those ppvs?

yes! NWO because Orton and Jericho got suspended and Del Rio was out.

dat shirt term memory loss.

Though regardless of how many of the feuds matches actually happened the point still remains that effectively the whole thing has been running since April with only a few weeks scattered throughout where ADR was bust wasting time elsewhere, this must be how WWE builds big feuds these days, just match the guys up for like 6 months straight and people will love it regardless of weak content, hell the feud can also be one sided to boot (see also: Orton/Christian).

So hear Matt Morgan after months of heavy rumors of him going to WWE returned to TNA at a house show of all places.

I guess that TNA / WWE lawsuit was keeping WWE from signing him.

Still returning by interfering in a match at a house show? Would have been a cool TV surprise.

Kaladin

So hear Matt Morgan after months of heavy rumors of him going to WWE returned to TNA at a house show of all places.

I guess that TNA / WWE lawsuit was keeping WWE from signing him.

Still returning by interfering in a match at a house show? Would have been a cool TV surprise.

TNA: where house shows matter.

Ultratech

are you nerds gonna have a wrassle chat for this ppv?

Don't we always?

Also, I nearly forgot about the PPV tonight.

Anywho, late predictions:

Cesaro vs ???
Layla vs Kaitlyn
Air Truth vs Daniel Bryan and Kane
Sheamus vs Del Rio
John Cena vs CM Punk

strobogo

Banned
Bummed about Matt Morgan returning to TNA. Impact has been so good lately, I don't want that big goof shitting up the shows again. He's one of the least entertaining and engaging guys in years. 10 years being around Jim Cornette and he can't structure a match, come off like a big deal even being the biggest guy in a company, and can't cut a promo.

Enfinit

Don't full screen.

I'll have it hooked up to the big screen in my living room. Got a few buds coming over who want to watch it, they got pissed at me last time because I kept minimizing the screen to read GAF. I told them to eat shit and that the people on the Internet are better than them.

Cesaro vs ???
Layla vs Kaitlyn
Air Truth vs Daniel Bryan and The Big Red Freak Daniel Bryan Beat at Summerslam
Sheamus vs Del Rio
John Cena vs CM Punk

Agreed. Hoping for a Punk win, but I have a feeling Cena will take it, unfortunately.

I'll have it hooked up to the big screen in my living room. Got a few buds coming over who want to watch it, they got pissed at me last time because I kept minimizing the screen to read GAF. I told them to eat shit and that the people on the Internet are better than them.

Extend Display! (Windows Key + P)

GAF can be on PC, Wrasslin on TV

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
:lol

Kyoufu

Agreed. Hoping for a Punk win, but I have a feeling Cena will take it, unfortunately.

There's no point giving the title to Cena. What's he going to do with it? If anything, he'll beat Rock at WM29 for it.

Besides this is ANOTHER "prove you're the best in the world" match. Punk automatically wins those because that's what sells his shirts.

Enfinit

Extend Display! (Windows Key + P)

GAF can be on PC, Wrasslin on TV

I gots me a Mac, but I figured it out. I'll be here chatting it up tonight guaranteed.

There's no point giving the title to Cena. What's he going to do with it?
Because John Cena.

But seriously, I'm not sure. I just have a feeling Cena will come out on top. I really don't want it to happen, but it seems very likely to go either way. WWE's done such a shitty job building this up that it has a 50-50 chance, because it makes sense for both Cena or Punk to hold the title to face Dwayne at the Rumble.

Ultratech

There's no point giving the title to Cena. What's he going to do with it? If anything, he'll beat Rock at WM29 for it.

Besides this is ANOTHER "prove you're the best in the world" match. Punk automatically wins those because that's what sells his shirts.

Pretty much. At this point, Cena's pretty much above the title. Where else do you go when you're King of the Mountain?

(re: The Current Pecking Order - Cena >= HHH > WWE Champ > WHC > IC >= US > Tag Belts > Divas, etc.)

Top Bottom