• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

strobogo

Banned
When EY pinned D'Lo at the convienence store, D'Lo should have said, sadly, "He didn't even recognize me". It might be TNA's biggest mistake ever.

I really thought he was going to get a main event push when he was the Euro-Continental Champion. He was so over. Then the Droz thing happened and his career died off. Such a shame. His TNA run was fun, too. Remember that weird, super short WWE return?

Remember when there used to be pull apart brawls in the WWF and they'd have all those old wrestlers that as a kid you had no idea who they were, but you knew they were legit? Because they were old wrestlers and in suits? Well, D'Lo is now that in TNA, except he wears pastel polos and jeans. It bums me out. Are D'Lo and Al Snow they only agents TNA have? They should bring in some 80s NWA jobbers or something.

It's amazing how massive the reactions were to even mid card guys back then. The NAO got bigger reactions on a regular basis than Cena gets at his most over. It's crazy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steen reminds me a lot of D'lo actually, esp before Steen turned into a ham monster. I wonder why more people don't make that comparison

I wish I could find the clip where D'lo runs into Mark and goes 'Damn Damn Damn!"

G-Fex

Steen reminds me a lot of D'lo actually, esp before Steen turned into a ham monster. I wonder why more people don't make that comparison

I wish I could find the clip where D'lo runs into Mark and goes 'Damn Damn Damn!"

Sounds like I am liking this Steen more and more everyday

Enfinit

BREAKING NEWS

This just in!

After a successful Dean Ambrose month, WWE CEO Vince McMahon has now declared that for THIS WEEK AND THIS WEEK ONLY, Yoshi Tatsu will now be the Dean Ambrose for the week of September 2nd, the year of our Lord (Dean Ambrose) two-thousand and twelve.

somedevil

Wrestling with Texts for Smackdown: Includes a digimon reference.

1vka8.gif

RBH

The series premiere of WWE Saturday Morning Slam on August 25 (CW, 10-10:30am) was Saturday morning’s (7am-12pm) most watched program on CW among total viewers and the following kids demos: Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18, Boys 2-5, Boys 2-11, Boys 6-11, Girls under 18, Girls 2-11, Girls 6-11, Girls 9-14 and Female Teens (F12-17).

It delivered a 0.7 U.S. household rating / 2 share in 747,000 TV households with 1,126,000 total viewers (persons 2+). This household rating is up +75% versus the prior four week time period performance which averaged a 0.4 U.S. household rating / 1 share in 456,000 TV households with 675,000 total viewers.

The top programs among total viewers during the Vortexx block were:

1. WWE Saturday Morning Slam@10am (1,126,000 viewers / 0.7 HH rating)

2. Justice League Unlimited @9:30am (1,003,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)

3. Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am (841,000 viewers / 0.5 HH rating)

4. Iron Man: Armored Adventures @9am (802,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)

5. Power Rangers Lost Galaxy @8am (662,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)

6. Yu-Gi-Oh! @11am (661,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)

7. Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @8:30am (631,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)

8. Rescue Heroes @7:30am (519,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)

9. Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @11:30am (494,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)

10. Cubix @7am (457,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program since 3/10/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am / 1,140,000 viewers).

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program in the time period since 2/25/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai / 1,196,000 viewers).

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was the most watched entertainment program on broadcast TV Saturday Morning among total viewers.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more viewers than the following 10-10:30am programs: The Green Lantern on Cartoon Network, Noodle and Doodle on NBC, Little Bear on Nick Jr., Doodlebops on CBS, Pair of Kings on Disney XD and Power Rangers on Nicktoons.

- During the 10-10:30am time-period, WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 2-11 and Boys 6-11 demos) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Disney XD and Nicktoons.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 6-11 demo) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, and Disney XD.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids 6-11 than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr. or Nicktoons.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids under 18 than every program on broadcast TV or Nicktoons.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam is part of the television premiere of Vortexx on The CW, a Saturday morning kids’ television block. This marks the first time, since 2001, WWE has a program in a kids’ time slot and reinforces WWE’s commitment to kid-friendly entertainment.

So that's three WWE shows with higher ratings than Impact? They need to listen to the fans and usher in the PG era of Impact. Their storylines are too mature, explicit, and don't insult my intelligence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sunflower!

you want to play VF soon? Sorry been busy all week =/

I understand. And yes I do. :3

Speaking of Sunflower, is Fight of Fighters going up today? I'm super hyped over here! :D

It MIGHT go up today, I'm still needing another vid or two as well as my own, then I'll "master" it and we'll get happenin'. I'm puttin' in some work on it to pretty it all up.

Dthomp

So how was Saturday morning Slam? I tried to tune in for a few minutes during the Brodus/Hawkins match and couldn't get past the terrible Santino commentary, or the dancing mid match. Was the rest something I should find to watch or chalk it up to the usual WWE crap?

On a side note, how is having a Saturday morning kid friendly show any different then weekly PG WWE?

So how was Saturday morning Slam? I tried to tune in for a few minutes during the Brodus/Hawkins match and couldn't get past the terrible Santino commentary, or the dancing mid match. Was the rest something I should find to watch or chalk it up to the usual WWE crap?

On a side note, how is having a Saturday morning kid friendly show any different then weekly PG WWE?

The CW is a free, over-the-air broadcast channel. With Saturday Morning Slam, WWE can reach the unwashed masses of the WWE Universe and hipster cable-cutters like Net_Wrecker.

Dthomp

No submissions and no moves to the head/neck area, including headlocks. I'm pretty certain Randy Orton would be at a total loss as how to wrestle a match like that.

No submissions? How is a submission something that children shouldn't see? Since we are pandering to kids with the non violence can I get an after 9pm "T-R" rated show for my entertainment?

OK, this was a real good match - watch it;

Takao Omori & Manabu Soya (c) vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi - (AJPW 08/26/12)

Since we are pandering to kids with the non violence can I get an after 9pm "T-R" rated show for my entertainment?

I wish - but, as Vince has so thoroughly driven the adult audience into the waiting arms of UFC, I doubt they'd think such a show would be worth the effort. Not to mention, Mattel would probably kick up a fuss again about wrestlers they make toys of being too violent.

Dthomp

I wish - but, as Vince has so thoroughly driven the adult audience into the waiting arms of UFC, I doubt they'd think such a show would be worth the effort. Not to mention, Mattel would probably kick up a fuss again about wrestlers they make toys of being too violent.

But the whole point of toys is to smash them into each other trying to mimic what we see on the television. Fuck Mattel, unless they can hook me up with a sweet Maryse doll.....er....action figure :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my, FallingEdge showing me why he posts in the VF5:FS topic far more than I do. Can I overcome?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finshing up the Fight of Fighters video now! Will take a little time but I believe I have all content I need, save one little bit I'm allocating space and time for.

G-Fex

natayla doesn't get to show off her assets nearly enough.

Guess I won't be able to watch sunflower, I"m going to sleep soon.

The CW is a free, over-the-air broadcast channel. With Saturday Morning Slam, WWE can reach the unwashed masses of the WWE Universe and hipster cable-cutters like Net_Wrecker.

wut

And the only reason SaTuRdAy MoRnInG SlAm did well is because nothing else was new. I'm sure once Young Justice, and Green Lantern, and Legend of Korra start their new seasons, that'll taper off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
natayla doesn't get to show off her assets nearly enough.

Guess I won't be able to watch sunflower, I"m going to sleep soon.

Don't worry. It'll be on Youtube after the stream of it later tonight. Planning on Synchtubin' it for the streeeeam.

Sokantish

wut

And the only reason SaTuRdAy MoRnInG SlAm did well is because nothing else was new. I'm sure once Young Justice, and Green Lantern, and Legend of Korra start their new seasons, that'll taper off.

That's what you'd like to think, isn't it? Saturday Morning Slam is here to stay!

strobogo

Banned
The Saturday morning shows in the 80s were violent as fuck. WWE should at least be as PG as they were then instead of clearly G rated except for when The Rock comes to town.

Jitters

WWE should buy Chikara and make that their kid's show. Make Smackdown their pg show and make Raw their tv-14 show. They have so much programming, I wish they would add variety to them.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why the fuck are you all getting so worked up about a kuds show. It doesn't matter. Just don't watch it.

Jezus.

Ithil

I don't think Vince sees in raw numbers any more these days, just in easy factoids. "Most highly rated weekly episodic children's show on the CW Network!"

G-Fex

Why doesn't Slam have any great segments with sketches like Sin Cara fighting off aliens or something.

Not stupid dancing teaching.

strobogo

Banned
You're right. They should totally go super crazy with the Saturday show. Hopefully the Scooby Doo thing leads to another WWE cartoon. I'd totally watch a cartoon of Rey and Sin Cara doing ranas to aliens and monsters. Or a Power Rangers styled show with them. Rey, Sin Cara, Trent Barreta, Yoshi, and Kofi as a group of superhero dudes would be the shit. I want to see Rey's Zord do a 619 to Goldar immediately.

Top Bottom