• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Speaking of apparel anyone know where I can get an ultra mantis black mask

There's actually one available on CHIKARA's store right now, last one left though;

http://www.chikarapro.com/store.shtml#ecwid:category=285296&mode=product&product=4934432

New page quote;

The free download of the week over at IVPvideos.com is The Best of Stan Hansen v.01;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9238

• Stan Hansen vs. The Destroyer (10/30/75)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Ashura Hara (1/15/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Shohei "Giant" Baba (PWF Title, 9/8/83)
  • Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu (Real World Tag League finals, 12/12/83)
  • Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada (Real World Tag League finals, 12/16/88)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Mitsuhara Misawa (Champion Carnival finals, 4/17/92)

Some freaking awesome matches there - the PWF title match is one of Baba's last great matches, in no small part thanks to Stan, while those two tag matches rank among the best I've ever seen. I especially love '88 RWTL final, Hansen & Gordy didn't team that often, but they work so well together. Finally, Stan's series of matches with Misawa in '92 were so important to Misawa's career, and the CC '92 final is one of their best.

Mark Henry is staying at the Sheraton by LAX. Just saw him at Starbucks in the hotel lobby.
I didn't bother him, he didn't look like he was in a good mood. Also he is so god damn big!!!!!!

Should have snapped a pic but my phone was back at my office.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well said. Just about covers everything good in the past week.

Punk's fantastic. Ten years from now, Punk will be looked at as one of the all-time greats. He'll be right there with Dwayne, Austin, HBK, and Dean Malenko.

Agreed, but WWE will still try to retcon John Cena above them all.

I just caught up with RAW and I'm utterly shocked by how bad the ending was. It's nice to have someone new to fight for the belt, but fucking Ryback? The man can't go 5 minutes without nearly killing somebody (no matter what size they are), how's he meant to work a PPV main even? He dropped a dude on his head last week and they decide to reward him with a megapush because of Vince's idiotic muscle fetish.

The lead up was even worse, if you want to push somebody as a new opponent for Punk then why not have him destroy his previous adversary who needs to take time off? Punk worked his ass off to look like a legitimate threat for once then you have the megaface make him look like a total idiot. The man's meant to be an inspiration for their younger fanbase and instead of teaching them to swallow their pride and be the bigger man you're telling them to brutalise people with lethal weapons. Cena walking away would have made Punk look great, Cena getting beat down would have made Punk look great, Punk turning his back and giving Cena the chance to get the better of him makes himself look like an moron. Him then attacking Foley despite his injury rather than waiting for Cena to come back stage after he just gave his weapon to a fan also doesn't make him look like the smartest man in the world.

After how great King of Trios was and how solid the first couple of hours of RAW were that conclusion left a really bitter taste in my mouth. Also "Real men wear pink!" from Cena was cringe-worthy given his history of calling men homosexuals based on what they wear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The free download of the week over at IVPvideos.com is The Best of Stan Hansen v.01;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9238

• Stan Hansen vs. The Destroyer (10/30/75)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Ashura Hara (1/15/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Shohei "Giant" Baba (PWF Title, 9/8/83)
  • Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu (Real World Tag League finals, 12/12/83)
  • Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada (Real World Tag League finals, 12/16/88)
  • Stan Hansen vs. Mitsuhara Misawa (Champion Carnival finals, 4/17/92)

Some freaking awesome matches there - the PWF title match is one of Baba's last great matches, in no small part thanks to Stan, while those two tag matches rank among the best I've ever seen. I especially love '88 RWTL final, Hansen & Gordy didn't team that often, but they work so well together. Finally, Stan's series of matches with Misawa in '92 were so important to Misawa's career, and the CC '92 final is one of their best.

Holy rat dick, this is a hell of a promo. Watch it folks!

Toki767

I really doubt Punk/Ryback will main event Hell in a Cell. It'll probably be some Raw main event that sets up Punk/Cena at the PPV.

Mr. Sam

Ryback will not be main eventing any pay-per-views - at most, he'll be Punk's little TV feud while Cena' elbow heals up, or he'll just have a match with Punk. Cena will be fighting Punk at Hell in a Cell; I guarantee it.

Jitters

I really doubt Punk/Ryback will main event Hell in a Cell. It'll probably be some Raw main event that sets up Punk/Cena at the PPV.

Ryback will not be main eventing any pay-per-views - at most, he'll be Punk's little TV feud while Cena' elbow heals up, or he'll just have a match with Punk. Cena will be fighting Punk at Hell in a Cell; I guarantee it.
Probably, but at least he is moving up there.

Kaladin

74851_10151114504481026_1643758787_n.jpg

I just caught up with RAW and I'm utterly shocked by how bad the ending was. It's nice to have someone new to fight for the belt, but fucking Ryback? The man can't go 5 minutes without nearly killing somebody (no matter what size they are), how's he meant to work a PPV main even? He dropped a dude on his head last week and they decide to reward him with a megapush because of Vince's idiotic muscle fetish.
None of your assumptions here are the assumptions anyone else here has made. We all thought it pretty obvious that they're just having Ryback occupy his time until the PPV match with Cena.

Some of you are so weird and angry at nothing sometimes.

Just watched Raw, I love what they re doing with the tag team division but feel the PTP really deserved a run with the belts they've been awesome recently and now they will be on superstars at best most likely seeing as Rhodes Scholars will be challenging for the titles

Just watched Raw, I love what they re doing with the tag team division but feel the PTP really deserved a run with the belts they've been awesome recently and now they will be on superstars at best most likely seeing as Rhodes Scholars will be challenging for the titles

Having Kane and Bryan at the top will "raise the waters" of the entire tag division. PTP have plenty of time to make it to the titles, but it will be even better if the division is much more notable.

None of your assumptions here are the assumptions anyone else here has made. We all thought it pretty obvious that they're just having Ryback occupy his time until the PPV match with Cena.

Some of you are so weird and angry at nothing sometimes.

Heading the PPV might of been hyperbole but it certainly looks like they pushing him into a feud with their current champion and if for some reason Cena isn't cleared to compete by then it sure looks like he'll be the stand in. I'm annoyed with them pushing someone into a feud with the current champ solely because he looks like a roid-monster in spite of him being unable to work and being a risk to his partners (clearly these reasons aren't enough) in an industry with a long standing history of drug abuse.

Thanks for the insult though, I think calling me weird really added a lot to your post.

Kaladin

The 9/24 edition of Raw averaged 3,787,000 viewers, dropping significantly from last week.

Hour 1: 3,769,000
Hour 2: 3,990,000
Hour 3: 3,603,000

This is the first time in the history of regular three hour Raws that it has never topped 4 million viewers, and the lowest rating the third hour has ever seen.

somedevil

The 9/24 edition of Raw averaged 3,787,000 viewers, dropping significantly from last week.

This is the first time in the history of regular three hour Raws that it has never topped 4 million viewers.

Hilarious the best 3 hour raw did that rating which is a 2.72. I think the monday night football game really damaged there ratings.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There was someone in Gears 3 with RYB4CK as his gamertag about 5 minutes ago - he's spreading even further.

This is the first time in the history of regular three hour Raws that it has never topped 4 million viewers, and the lowest rating the third hour has ever seen.

Definitely because of the football match.

There was someone in Gears 3 with RYB4CK as his gamertag about 5 minutes ago - he's spreading even further.

Definitely because of the football match.

Football match!?!?!

This is the USA. FOOTBALL GAME.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

There's actually one available on CHIKARA's store right now, last one left though;

http://www.chikarapro.com/store.shtml#ecwid:category=285296&mode=product&product=4934432

New page quote;

Fantastic. Stan Hansen matches are always a treat to watch.

strobogo

Banned
I can't wait for FEED ME MORE/CENA SUCKS chants when they're both in the ring for a promo segment. And then how Cole spins it. I think it is definitely going to happen in the next few weeks. Either Ryback comes out to save Cena from a beat down (lol), or Cena talks Ryback up during a main event promo. And the crowd is totally into Ryback instead of Cena because they're given a choice between poopy frazzle monkey frankin sticks and a giant bad ass muscle freak. It should be awesome.

Top Bottom