• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Sokantish

Bully Ray cuts a hysterical promo on TNA Today with Jeremy Borash. I want to quote it but it's there's plenty that I would love to but honestly it's better just to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF6aFMdaeLg&feature=g-all-u

TNA's backstage segments have all been consistently great lately. I wish it was on TV so all viewers got a chance to view these segments but by being online only you can tell there are less restrictions with what can be said, like they will mention the WWE by name when discussing a talent's prior history and such. This Bully promo, for instance, is very much like 80's WWF backstage promos with Gene Okerlund and Macho Man. Of course, no one can ever cut a better promo than Macho but that's the general vibe.

I thought his contract was up? Or was that someone else...

Bully Ray cuts a hysterical promo on TNA Today with Jeremy Borash. I want to quote it but it's there's plenty that I would love to but honestly it's better just to watch it.

TNA's backstage segments have all been consistently great lately. I wish it was on TV so all viewers got a chance to view these segments but by being online only you can tell there are less restrictions with what can be said, like they will mention the WWE by name when discussing a talent's prior history and such. This Bully promo, for instance, is very much like 80's WWF backstage promos with Gene Okerlund and Macho Man. Of course, no one can ever cut a better promo than Macho but that's the general vibe.

I'm only halfway through and this is already the best promo I've seen all year. Incredible.

That was so good. Bully Ray for every company's world champion.

WWE caught on to their own story:

ogc97.png

He probably lost his legendary strength.

pants

oh.
my.
gahd.

lmao this is brilliant

Del Rio needs to be reworked or fired. Heatless heel.

They just need to make him act like a fucking heel! It's not hard, but you'd think it was, given the way they've blundered his character. It's just not enough that he's rich, and it's certainly not enough that he pushes his manservant around, as they've demonstrated multiple times that Del Rio actually cares about Ricardo's welfare, so what else is there that makes him a heel? Pretty much nothing.

Just have Del Rio use his money for MORE than cars and Ricardo - have him hire his own stable of heels looking to make some extra cash on the side, have him be a total sleaze-bag, straight up offering the Divas cash to 'party' with him and Ricardo, or hell, have him cut a shoot promo about Cena's marriage and messy divorce, and then recreate the JBL-HBK feud with Cena having to work for Del Rio to pay his legal bills.

Aiii

So not worth it
The last thing I want to see is Cena in any kind of backstage skit. They all turn out the same way. Cena no-selling what the other guy says and huge fake punches.

"TNA wrestler Samoa Joe revealed during a Wednesday conference call that he has recommended Southern California independent wrestler Willie Mack get a look from TNA. Joe said he feels Mack is not looked at enough from top promotions, which led to a suggestion for Mack to be given a Gut Check try-out. Mack's name came up when Joe was asked who stands out to him as future stars from the independent wrestling scene."

Joe knows what's up. Willie Mack is awesome. I personally thought he could be a great fit for ROH, but that's the trouble with West Coast guys - even Joey Ryan wasn't worth flying in.

Also, speaking of ROH, signed for Death Before Dishonor X;

• The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin) w/ Truth Martini vs The Irish Airborne (Dave & Jake Crist)
Good to see the Irish Airborne return to ROH - they've improved a hell of a lot in the past two years. I'm guessing the Airborne win and Strong & Elgin go at it post-match. There's no way they can drag this Elgin face turn out much longer, surely?

tm24

i just realized i used to sit behind Willie Mack at shows. He was notable since he was the big black guy who sweated massively. Then again, everyone did at the sweatbox

Yeah, it's pretty cool that you can see Willie Mack in the crowd on those old shows, and now he's a fan favourite wrestler.

Speaking of PWG, Super Dragon did a Q&A over on the PWG forum;

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3934&start=20

Super Dragon said:
Right now we have started using a lot of new talent, so there aren't many new guys we are looking at. Rich Swann will be coming in pretty soon, though.

Excellent. Dude's a perfect fit for PWG.

*edit, fuck you TNA;

Super Dragon said:
I really wanted to do Kurt Angle vs Bryan Danielson when Angle got released. I had him booked and everything. Then TNA canceled it, and said he is not taking indy bookings in the end. Was looking into running a bigger venue for that one as well.

Fuuuuuuck. Ever since Bryan's first run in ROH, I've thought about how awesome it would be to see him wrestle Kurt. Now, the only chance of that happening is if Angle goes back to WWE (or Bryan gets future endeavoured).

tm24

Yeah, it's pretty cool that you can see Willie Mack in the crowd on those old shows, and now he's a fan favourite wrestler.

Speaking of PWG, Super Dragon did a Q&A over on the PWG forum;

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3934&start=20

Excellent. Dude's a perfect fit for PWG.

*edit, fuck you TNA;

Fuuuuuuck. Ever since Bryan's first run in ROH, I've thought about how awesome it would be to see him wrestle Kurt. Now, the only chance of that happening is if Angle goes back to WWE (or Bryan gets future endeavoured).
Oh man, super dragon is such an asshole

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/fo...4&sid=ac07c4e83c10a2283530682fb04b20d6#p45159

Also, rage!

And looks like PWG sells out vol 3 is in the works. Sweetness. Also, Steen's posts in the q&a are also incredible

Kaladin

Can you feel it? We are near two weeks away from watching the biggest wrestling tournament of the year of all the times. Here is the latest update:

CHIKARA King of Trios Report (9.06.12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUi5lrsTjM

Bryce Remsburg previews King of Trios 2012 in Easton, PA on September 14-15-16, 2012. Featured comments from 3.0!

Anth0ny

AMAZING.

strobogo

Banned
"TNA wrestler Samoa Joe revealed during a Wednesday conference call that he has recommended Southern California independent wrestler Willie Mack get a look from TNA. Joe said he feels Mack is not looked at enough from top promotions, which led to a suggestion for Mack to be given a Gut Check try-out. Mack's name came up when Joe was asked who stands out to him as future stars from the independent wrestling scene."

Joe just wants another fat guy in the company so he doesn't feel as bad about himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They just need to make him act like a fucking heel! It's not hard, but you'd think it was, given the way they've blundered his character. It's just not enough that he's rich, and it's certainly not enough that he pushes his manservant around, as they've demonstrated multiple times that Del Rio actually cares about Ricardo's welfare, so what else is there that makes him a heel? Pretty much nothing.

Just have Del Rio use his money for MORE than cars and Ricardo - have him hire his own stable of heels looking to make some extra cash on the side, have him be a total sleaze-bag, straight up offering the Divas cash to 'party' with him and Ricardo, or hell, have him cut a shoot promo about Cena's marriage and messy divorce, and then recreate the JBL-HBK feud with Cena having to work for Del Rio to pay his legal bills.

It's not tough to book a bounty angle, it's time-tested. I don't know why they don't do more with Del Rio. He has the ability. Siiiigh. And Ricardo is comedy GOLD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ADR would probably have been so awesome in the more character driven eras of the past.

I think to help build his character he needs to do less throwaway matches and be a character backstage or in filmed angles more. Save him up, because he does have great matches with the right people - make it a treat.

trunbuns

Funnily enough one of the first things I thought was if puppet h would get a hair cut. Also let's watch some World of Sport! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehRX4YvSx6c

My father would lament me for watching 'that fake american crap' whilst happily watching this and treating as a real sport.

I love this stuff though. The main reason that I enjoy NXT now is that it actually feels like a sports program about wrestling.

EDIT: WOW Sayama's kicks look GREAT.

Top Bottom