• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF3: Third Strike (SFAC) Discussion Thread

evil ways

Ninja Scooter said:
jesus h. christ! what is wit the difficulty in Hyper SF2. I put it on easiest and still got my ass kicked. Granted im rusty, but damn.

That's the way Super SF Turbo is, cheap and insanely difficult.

I have all the Ascii Saturn Sticks in the world - will use them in the X-Box version of Street Fighter Anniversary, any chance of a Saturn to Playstation 2 converter? Is there one in existence? Hmm...

Asbel said:
I meant the jab as a link, not a special with the jab.
I had Ken's SAIII in mind since you had quoted that part. You better be damn good to risk a red parry on that.
I need to get a damn captire card for my PC. Then I'd show you a really nice match video saved on replay.

Tabris

MrAngryFace said:
LIVE! I LOVE THIS GAME! Q~!

If you want the thread to live, offer up some tips or contributions to the conversation :p

As for the whole strategy guide thing. I'm not up to the point where learning combos will help me that much. I need to work on a foundation first. Get the mechanics down, get into the "groove" before I think about looking up guides.

Ferrio

Banned
Tabris said:
If you want the thread to live, offer up some tips or contributions to the conversation :p

As for the whole strategy guide thing. I'm not up to the point where learning combos will help me that much. I need to work on a foundation first. Get the mechanics down, get into the "groove" before I think about looking up guides.

The guide isn't about combos, it's about foundation too. Tells you what normals are good, what moves you should abuse, introduces you to concepts such as karacancelling ect.

Comes with a free soundtrack too man.

Razoric

Banned
should i buy the ps2 version... or is there any reason to wait for the xbox version? more games? xbox live?

no fanboy response, just give me the info please

Ferrio

Banned
Xbox will supposably have Live support. So if 30 bucks is that important too you, and you must have online then wait.

Razoric

Banned
Ferrio said:
Xbox will supposably have Live support. So if 30 bucks is that important too you, and you must have online then wait.

30 bucks isnt that important but i dont see the point in having two copies... they are old games that ive played for years anyway, i can wait a few more months to test my online skillz :O

(all of my friends suck ass at fighting games, they play me 2-3 matches then get mad and stop.. unless i let them win... ughh thank god for online gaming)

Tabris: Dont tell me how to bump threads, I was doing this when you were still in diapers. Sure, a week doesnt seem like a long time, but it is.

Sai

... Oh yeah.

Does SF:AC support progressive scan? I can't try it out myself because I don't have my PS2 monster cable available at the moment.

Tabris

MrAngryFace said:
Tabris: Dont tell me how to bump threads, I was doing this when you were still in diapers. Sure, a week doesnt seem like a long time, but it is.

You're old hat, your ways are archaic. You gotta get with the times or make way for the new generation :)

Does SF:AC support progressive scan? I can't try it out myself because I don't have my PS2 monster cable available at the moment.

Sadly, no progressive scan.

MOTHERFUCK! HyperSF2 is gonna make me break my dual shock in half i swear to god! WTF was capcom thinking? I know the whole "all characters in one game" angle they were going for, but i wish they would have made it so you can play against single game CPU characters in arcade mode, like if you pick a Turbo character, you only fight other Turbo characters.

BenT

Tabris said:
Sadly, no progressive scan.
'Course, it wouldn't need it if it was just in native low-res to begin with. And progscan would still look chunktastic compared to scanlined low-res.

BUT THE GAME IS STILL TEH FUN SO DONT FLAME OK? OK JUST SAYIN

Ryu

I had Ken's SAIII in mind since you had quoted that part. You better be damn good to risk a red parry on that.

If it's the difference between a win or a loss, then I'd say it's worth learning. Most times though, people do the crouching mk into the saIII so it's more important to learn how to parry low hits before you learn how to red parry. :p

hiryu

I second the strategy guide comment. It is easily the best strategy guide I have ever seen. The SF3 part was written by some very respected members of the shoryuken.com forums. It even has frame information. It's very similar to the street fighter bibles that are released in japan. Also, I still can't get over how much better the PS2 version looks compared to the DC version. It makes me giddy.

kevm3

Since Gill is such a cheapass, I used a cheap strategy right back on him. I just beat his ass until I had more life than him and sat in the corner and blocked until the time ran out.

Ploid 3.0

kevm3 said:
Since Gill is such a cheapass, I used a cheap strategy right back on him. I just beat his ass until I had more life than him and sat in the corner and blocked until the time ran out.

lol yea today was my first time fighting Gill. I thought I had him beat and on a 1 - 1 win and with me at half life and Gill next to no life left I finished him off only to have him fill up his life with his maxed meter. I got that bugger later though.

Sai

That was an incredible combo vid. Those are all possible without messin' around with the game's system?

Asbel

Sai said:
That was an incredible combo vid. Those are all possible without messin' around with the game's system?
No, he changed the juggle setting (juggling with jabs) and allowed all normals, specials and supers to be canceled so the next attack would combo.

Vandiger

Is Capcom gonna release more compilations like an SF Alpha or VS. series. Would be neat to stop relying on emulators or DC to play them once in awhile.

Ferrio

Banned
Asbel said:
No, he changed the juggle setting (juggling with jabs) and allowed all normals, specials and supers to be canceled so the next attack would combo.

Looks perfectly legit to me.

The juggles with jabs are done during stun and Gill death which is perfectly doable.

As for your other comment I haven't seen an instance like that... so you'd have to point it out.

Though this combo video is 100 circus% combos, you'll NEVER see them in a match. Lots of the require perfect positioning, stun guage setup ect. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on a programmed pad.

Asbel

Guess I'm wrong then, I didn't know about the stun juggles. Necro's second elbow juggle on Alex though, he wasn't stun then. Is that normal?

I didn't think you could combo after Makoto's Oroshi but I just found out it's super-cancelable, so damn, I'm wrong there too.

Ferrio

Banned
Asbel said:
Guess I'm wrong then, I didn't know about the stun juggles. Necro's second elbow juggle on Alex though, he wasn't stun then. Is that normal?

Don't play Necro, but I'm guessing that's a link.

toohectic

They are all links in that Necro combo. You have to link the b+RH off the hcf+HP, and then link that into the db+HP (which pops up), and then link all those db+HP's into another db+HP, finishing off with a linked b+MP XX SAI. And in that case, it's just a normal juggle with a limited hit count. Similar to repeated b+MP -> qcf+MK juggles with Oro. With these juggles, you can't do them infinitely since the system automatically ends them after a set number of hits, unlike the stun juggles. That Necro combo is pretty strict (8 links back to back), so I'd also assume he used a programmable stick for these.

Shouta

The necro air stun juggle with that elbow can be done in matches but it's hard to setup with him. I've had it done to me before since I wasn't expecting it. It was neat to see it.

Top Bottom