• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shütshimi: Seriously Swole |OT| More Pumped Up Than A Blowfish (Wii U Coming Soon)

saunderez

PS4 Version

My favourite fish-related game of all time would have to be Sega Bass Fishing on Dreamcast. I don't know what posessed me to buy it but I played the shit out of that thing, best fishing reel controller ever made. Good times! I don't remember it being particularly relaxing like real fishing was, but it was definitely a lot of fun.

Matriox

p3EY6ha.jpg

Huzzah!

pastrami

I heard about this on the PS Blogcast. Sounds like quirky fun.

I'll take a PSN code, if available. My most dreaded fish related game is Half-life. I hate the giant fish lurking in the waters. Favorite would be Ridiculous Fishing maybe? I'm not sure because I actually hate the fishing portion of most games. Like in Monster Hunter.

OnPoint

That's it! Pastrami got the last PSN code! I hope all your PSN players are enjoying the game, so far all of the impressions have made me smile.

A bunch of Steam codes are left. Also, those who get it on Steam, we did just release our 1.02 update that added Steam trading cards, a new hat, some small balancing and a couple of bug fixes.

The 1.02 patch will make it to Playstation as soon as we can get it into the pipe.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I went on this magical poop today where I finally got around to try the game. So fucking good. It's like this weird combination of Luftrausers + Jamestown + Cho Aniki. Loving it so far!

Shizuka

That's it! Pastrami got the last PSN code! I hope all your PSN players are enjoying the game, so far all of the impressions have made me smile.

A bunch of Steam codes are left. Also, those who get it on Steam, we did just release our 1.02 update that added Steam trading cards, a new hat, some small balancing and a couple of bug fixes.

The 1.02 patch will make it to Playstation as soon as we can get it into the pipe.

I'll get to it soon, I promise! I appreciate the giveaway and I hope my impression will make you guys smile as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do fishing games count?

181320071114204627.jpg

Really liked playing Sega Bass Fishing in the arcades. It was a rare one here though, usually found along the other odd arcade machines, and now it's gone. Sega puts much hilarity in it with the overzealous announcer to boot, and the controller (an actual fish rod without the rod) is something you don't see everyday.

It got ported later (hence the spawning of hilarious controllers) but I still am fond of the arcade one.

OnPoint

Boss Doggie, did you want a Steam code?

I'm feeling dumb because I just discovered some hats have "special shoots"

One of the things we did in the latest patch was extend the amount of time it displays the message telling the player when they have a special fire option. We found that many players did not realize this was an ability on the Steam version because we used a generic prompt rather than a button one (like we could with the PSN version). I hope it helped!

Boss Doggie, did you want a Steam code?

One of the things we did in the latest patch was extend the amount of time it displays the message telling the player when they have a special fire option. We found that many players did not realize this was an ability on the Steam version because we used a generic prompt rather than a button one (like we could with the PSN version). I hope it helped!

It helped, because now I noticed the star symbol appearing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Played four rounds, never made past the second boss lol

So far it's a really good game. With that said am I missing something - hats do something special?

bronk

Banned
Finally got some time to sit down play. Wow this game is very fun. The art style and all the wackiness is totally up my alley. I played a bunch with my nephew. The gameplay is solid and choosing all the power ups between each round is really fun. When playing two players bumping eachother around is really funny and fun that adds to the gameplay. I really enjoy the music as well. My niece was watching us play and got excited at all the weird animals on the screen. Very fun game to play with others. About to sit down and go solo for awhile. Thanks for the code really appreciate it. Gonna put in good word about this game to my friends.

OnPoint

Played four rounds, never made past the second boss lol

So far it's a really good game. With that said am I missing something - hats do something special?

Some of the hats do things, and if they do, they give you a prompt at the start of the round to hit the "Special" key. Some are really good, and others are just fun.

Finally got some time to sit down play. Wow this game is very fun. The art style and all the wackiness is totally up my alley. I played a bunch with my nephew. The gameplay is solid and choosing all the power ups between each round is really fun. When playing two players bumping eachother around is really funny and fun that adds to the gameplay. I really enjoy the music as well. My niece was watching us play and got excited at all the weird animals on the screen. Very fun game to play with others. About to sit down and go solo for awhile. Thanks for the code really appreciate it. Gonna put in good word about this game to my friends.

You're absolutely welcome for the code, and I"m glad to see you're having fun with it. Since you're into the soundtrack I thought I'd point out that it's up on Youtube and available for purchase through CDBaby and iTunes (though it's very expensive through iTunes for some reason). We even got Danimal Cannon and aN0va (plus others) to do compose special remix tracks especially for the OST release, so check it out :)

bronk

Banned
You're absolutely welcome for the code, and I"m glad to see you're having fun with it. Since you're into the soundtrack I thought I'd point out that it's up on Youtube and available for purchase through CDBaby and iTunes (though it's very expensive through iTunes for some reason). We even got Danimal Cannon and aN0va (plus others) to do compose special remix tracks especially for the OST release, so check it out :)

Awesome love me some chiptune music. One thing though, orange fish better keep that toilet paper usage at max hahaha

Cth

Awesome, awesome, awesome game! :D

I'll be trying to get my daughter to help me test out the multiplayer mode later.

For someone like myself who likes playing games like Fluxx and roguelikes for the randomness it's a lot of fun. Just the right mix of strategy and luck when it comes to changing the "rules" between stages.

As someone mentioned already, the music is great as well.

Thanks for letting me check out the game!

Nola

My husband and I played this together and had a ton of fun! Really enjoyed the shop options between rounds, especially the bouncy house and the butts!! The teleport one makes for a funny challenge. Already told some friends they should check this game out. Thank you again for the dl code!!! 😊

OnPoint

Thanks for the kind words guys and I'm glad you're having fun :)

I have 15 Steam codes left. I will keep them as GAF-available, first come first serve, until the end of Friday Oct 2. Then I will probably give the remainder out via our Twitter. So if anyone here still wants a free copy, and I would rather these went to you guys here on GAF, now is the time to ask.

I'd like to check this out if possible! Looks hilarious and awesome. On PC/Steam here.

As for my favorite fish related game... Sega Bass Fishing! Still have plenty of fond memories of chilling out with cousins playing that game. (not remotely similar, but you wanted fish games :p )

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well don't mind if I do claim one then... I'll probably double dip on PS4 if I enjoy the game on Steam/PC, thanks!

Btw, too many games have already been mentioned but as for memorable sequences I can think of right now there are two, both from Resi game:, REmake's sharks sequence (omg) and RE4's boss you gotta kill with the harpoon... dat huge shadow lurking under your boat during the from above camera shot was scary as fuck

OnPoint

Codes sent to both of you! That puts us at 13 remaining for you GAF. Step up and claim yours!

Anyone who already has the game on Steam, we could definitely use some reviews on there. We only have like 17 of them so far somehow.

Santar

OyfIqS3.png

Love the scouter from Dragon Ball making an appearance :D

Just posted a positive review on steam.
I'm really enjoying the game, it's even better than the original version!
It's just great fun to start a new game and see what wonderful crazy stuff awaits you this time. Be it crazy attacking bears or flying butts with sunglasses :p
It's really funny too, lots of hilarious stuff in the item and menu descriptions :D
Congratulations on a great game!

OnPoint

We just released a free spooky update to Shutshimi on Steam!

Reskined graphics, audio tweaks, it's a ton of holiday fun!

L9jwGuO.jpg

ZGjCN21.jpg

This looks so cool, I'd love a steam code if there's one available :)

Definitely looks like a game my friends could get into.

The more I'm looking at the art style the more I like it, very creative. I'll have to show my BF this (he's a graphic design major, and this just screams his taste haha)

I rather quite like the Halloween update. Very thorough, changes your standard shot to candy corn even. Everyone who owns this don't forget to put in some play this weekend.

Dee Dee

I have been jealously eyeing the US eShop release. Will an EU version follow eventually?

Remember to toss out the Umlauts in the German localisazion, people here get confused (you can ask Mötley Crew for reference).
Haha.
(Disclaimer: That was a joke.)

OnPoint

I have been jealously eyeing the US eShop release. Will an EU version follow eventually?

Remember to toss out the Umlauts in the German localisazion, people here get confused (you can ask Mötley Crew for reference).
Haha.
(Disclaimer: That was a joke.)

We're currently crossing our t's and dotting our u's for the European releases on both Playstation and Wii U. Hopefully we have news soon!

OnPoint

Hey everyone, quick update:

hmn5yE5.jpg

We're on Playstation Plus as a free title in both the US and Europe for the month of April starting on Tuesday! Needless to say we're pretty excited as this marks our launch on Sony systems in Europe.

Yes, you'll be able to get both the PS4 and Vita versions, despite the Playstation blog post not specifying that.

There's no news yet on the Wii U's european release, but rest assured we're working our lil tails off on getting it out there ASAP.

Top Bottom