• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior |OT| Who Wants Some More Wang?

Darkwater

I recall seeing some sci-fi type sword with blue light along its edge on the Steam store page, as a pre-order bonus or something. But now I can't find it. Am I wrong?

I recall seeing some sci-fi type sword with blue light along its edge on the Steam store page, as a pre-order bonus or something. But now I can't find it. Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. It was taken away for some reason even though the game can still be pre-ordered.

Darkwater

No, you are not wrong. It was taken away for some reason even though the game can still be pre-ordered.

Found it in a cached page on Google:

4kyi.jpg

What the hell is the meaning of this? This thing looks awesome. And now it's disappeared before the game even unlocks.

ttocs

I wasn't going to pick this up until I read the Wot I Think from RPS. That sold it for me. Just got done buying it and I'll be playing it as soon as I get off work.

Ionic

I tried to buy it 10 minutes ago, but my coupon wouldn't work even though it says it's good until 3PM and now it says the preorder purchase is over. Very lame series of events.

I tried to buy it 10 minutes ago, but my coupon wouldn't work even though it says it's good until 3PM and now it says the preorder purchase is over. Very lame series of events.

I don't know if it's a glitch but right now you can buy the Special Edition cheaper than it would have been pre-ordering with that coupon.

Edit: Yeah, it was a glitch and it's now fixed.

Ionic

I don't know if it's a glitch but right now you can buy the Special Edition cheaper than it would have been pre-ordering with that coupon.

Edit: Yeah, it was a glitch and it's now fixed.

I actually saw that, but they fixed the price by the time I had my card information in. I thought I lucked out!

Ashodin

How to enable console?

Graphics are pretty crappy, optimization for those graphics are mediocre, but Katana is fun and game is extremely fast.
Some fast shots

Hmm 4:3 shots?

Will be posting glorious widescreen shots with probably some SweetFX to make it darker and more moody.

jet1911

It's not a super impressive looking game but it's ok, my good old 560 is still able to keep up lol

sw2013-09-2615-18-46-miugl.png

sw2013-09-2615-20-20-kdu1a.png

It'S cool that the tree is casting a purple/pink shadow on the ground.

KKRT00

Fighting is so amazing in this game, so rewarding. I'll make tons of gifs later :)

Did i mention that game is extremely fast? :)

First level done, 23% money found, 1/8 secrets. I need to pay more attention to my surroundings.

Graphics are hit or miss, looks beautiful at times and looks very ugly at times.

Also, there's a little Easter Egg at the start of the game. If you turn around and start walking down the road, you get signs that say "Road Closed 400m." At the end, it looks like you're just coming up on a flat texture/invisible wall, but when you get closer its actually a large sheet and there's a hole ripped in it, on the other side is Hard Reset. Its a clever way of handling something that most games would do a stupid cop-out like road construction signs, or a rockslide that blocked off the road. Its dumb, but appropriately dumb given the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDs_9KaTFHQ

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I really want to comfy couch this one. I know there is controller support, but is it plausible to use one given how fast the game plays?

I really want to comfy couch this one. I know there is controller support, but is it plausible to use one given how fast the game plays?

It'd be tough for me to say from only one level. If the game can be played primarily with the sword I'd think you'd be fine, but from the limited shooting I've done it seems imprecise even with a mouse, I think it'd be brutal with a controller.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Game's fantastic so far. Put control into advanced and the sword will move were you swing the camera/put the mouse. Diagonal swings are tricky to do though.

Decado

I want to get this game eventually, but i'm pretty shocked at the price tag. Not sure why it costs so much more than Blood Dragon, Hard Reset, RotT, Gunslinger etc.

BTW, is there mod support (now or planned) or is it mod friendly?

Moff

pre-loaded it, I hope I wont be disappointed. I was not too fond of the original, but the ROTT reboot, while still not great, pleased me much more than the original, and I expect the same from shadow warrior, in the trailer it looks like real fun and satisfying gun- and swordplay.

I believe shadow warrior will or has already exceeded my expectations, after only the first two levels. level design is boring, but the gameplay is really really fun, as expected after the videos. I have to agree its one of the most fun fps this year, at least around the level of gunslinger. I suppose there will also be a new game + with this big amount of skills to unlock? anyone know how many chapters there are? I hope its not a too short.

scitek

I believe shadow warrior will or has already exceeded my expectations, after only the first two levels. level design is boring, but the gameplay is really really fun, as expected after the videos. I have to agree its one of the most fun fps this year, at least around the level of gunslinger. I suppose there will also be a new game + with this big amount of skills to unlock? anyone know how many chapters there are? I hope its not a too short.

17 chapters. Go to the load screen and you can replay missions. And yes, it has Hard Reset's EX Mode, which is New Game +

Mrbob

I was only able to squeeze in about a half hour this afternoon and I absolutely love the Katana combat. So much fun. Can't wait to play more tonight.

17 chapters. Go to the load screen and you can replay missions. And yes, it has Hard Reset's EX Mode, which is New Game +

Awesome.

TnK

It's not a super impressive looking game but it's ok, my good old 560 is still able to keep up lol

sw2013-09-2615-18-46-miugl.png

It'S cool that the tree is casting a purple/pink shadow on the ground.

LOL, where can I find this easter egg?

Also, killing rabbits may unleash a fearsome demon rabbit, that has its own metal soundtrack. Pretty cool little touch in the game.

scitek

LOL, where can I find this easter egg?

Also, killing rabbits may unleash a fearsome demon rabbit, that has its own metal soundtrack. Pretty cool little touch in the game.

It's behind the waterfall in the first part of the game.

TnK

It's behind the waterfall in the first part of the game.

Will try searching for it then.

Seems like Godzilla can be found in the background of the second stage wreaking havoc after reaching the top of the hill of the very first area. You need to look back after reaching the top, the area just before the arcade.

Top Bottom