• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift Up told investors that they preparing to release Stellar Blade on PC

Denton

It would have probably performed better on PC with simultanous launch, but late ports always sell worse due to missing the hype window and people being more inclined to wait for sales (I was made to wait already anyway, right?).

But in long run, it will probably sell more copies, but it will take years. Mods will help.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

yurinka

A few months ago they told the investors that were considering a PC port and a sequel. Which is different than telling them to be working on a PC port and the sequel.

But yes, make sure they'll port it to pc.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I bet they are looking at the Black Myth:Wukong numbers on Steam right now and kicking themselves.

Sentenza

"and expect it to perform even better on PC than on console"

Eh, maybe with a concurrent release.
With a delayed port they wasted a lott of the buzz/hype around launch, so this seems unlikely.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I bet they are looking at the Black Myth:Wukong numbers on Steam right now and kicking themselves.
I'm honestly shocked they agreed to a deal that locked out PC considering they're from South Korea. They should kick themselves. This was marketed heavily too.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

With a delayed port they wasted a lott of the buzz/hype around launch, so this seems unlikely.
yeah I'd wait for a sale at this point
I already watched a twitch streamer play through it on ps5

ssringo

I'll be there as a day 1 double dipper but I don't see it selling more than on PS5; at least not in the short term. The hype has passed.

Happy to be wrong though.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

They are probably expecting Korea to carry it. Nobody plays on consoles in Korea.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm honestly shocked they agreed to a deal that locked out PC considering they're from South Korea. They should kick themselves. This was marketed heavily too.
I know people like to mock PC gamers for port begging, but honestly sometimes you can tell that devs are shooting themselves in the foot by not going for a simultaneous release.

Can´t imagine that it will do particularly well on PC. Its 15 minutes of public attention are over already.
Anything but a simultaneous release is just a lot of money you chose to leave on the table, as long as we`re not talking about PR material which generally encompasses all first party offerings from platform owners.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Purple forum has to be in mourning today. Wukong beats records on Steam, Acolyte got cancelled, Stellar Blade will get a PC port. Now I'm hoping for Hogwarts Legacy: Director's Cut announcement on Gamescom's ONL lol

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Character model mods are gonna go crazy.
First mod is going to be 100% nude Eve.

Second mod will bring back the non-patched versions of the censored costumes.

Third mod will bring back the Hard R (nexus mods will immediately ban it and it will show up in based mods).

Fourth mod is going to be Eve with tits three times their size.

Fifth mod is going to be Eve with her ass twice as large.

After that, who knows.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Doesn't sound like it sold all that well on console. They're constantly having to address investors regarding that decision. If it can't even beat the roughly 1 million sold on console that's rough.
Huh? They've reached 1 million sold copies ~2 months after release

Shift Up CFO Ahn Jae-woo said:

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will buy day 0. It'll be the closest I'm gonna get to fulfill my Senran Kagura craving. Gamers just want hot girls to swing sword in sexy clothes.

//DEVIL//

hype died down. would have sold way more if it was day one.

oh well. better late than nothing. and its a great game btw people. play it.

ClosBSAS

First mod is going to be 100% nude Eve.

Second mod will bring back the non-patched versions of the censored costumes.

Third mod will bring back the Hard R (nexus mods will immediately ban it and it will show up in based mods).

Fourth mod is going to be Eve with tits three times their size.

Fifth mod is going to be Eve with her ass twice as large.

After that, who knows.
Ummm u missing the one that matters ...eve with a dick

Sony literally helped them develop the game so I don't think they're kicking themselves over anything. It wouldn't even exist without Sony helping, their only other games are mobile games

Top Bottom