• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ShiftUp hiring PC Combat Designer/Monster Creation roles. Stellar Blade PC port incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

From this post on tech4gamers forum: https://forums.tech4gamers.com/thre...content-dlc-sequel-and-pc-port-confirmed.226/

Found a few job listings for Stellar Blade from Shift Up. The first one seems to confirm the development of a PC port. The studio is looking to hire a Combat Designer - PC Development, which specifically asks for PC-related skills. The requirements state:

1. PC skills design and data work
2. PC-related system design and production in progress

The second job listing is for a Battle Designer - Monster Creation. The requirements are

1. Monster skills, AI design, and data work.
2. Monster-related system design and production in progress.

This seems to be for new DLC or work on the second game since Stellar Blade was such a success. If they want to create new monsters and work on their movesets, this probably means more content is coming, whether it be through DLC or a new game. As for the PC port, do note that they already stated that a PC Port was being discussed not too long ago. It seems they've decided now.

I was trying to figure out why they need combat designers for PC, then I figured it's probably for M/KB controls.

Hohenheim

Yeah, I think they confirmed a incoming pc version a while back. I didn't really feel this game when trying the ps5 demo, but will probably get it on a steam sale at some point, and give it a chance.

near

Gold Member
This job listing isn't indicative of a Stellar Blade PC port in and of itself, as they already have another ongoing IP on PC. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was ported at some point.

Pejo

This job listing isn't indicative of a Stellar Blade PC port in and of itself, as they already have another ongoing IP on PC. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was ported at some point.
If you mean Nikke, they are a separate dev team. No doubt they probably can and have helped, but yea.

Pejo

It's not developed by Shift Up?
It is, but a different team of guys. Kinda like how S-E have multiple in-house dev teams (Creative Business Units 1-5) that are just called the "Square Enix" name on the box .

Aenima

If you mean Nikke, they are a separate dev team. No doubt they probably can and have helped, but yea.
They announced that they are working on a new game for PC/ Console and Mobile. And i doubt its the Nikke team. They have that and a Stellar Blade sequel in the plans. The job listing can be for anything, port, new ip, both? They also said they are considering a PC port for Stellar Blade, but in they recent roadmap shown for Nikke and Stellar Blade, there are no mention of a PC port.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom