• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

ChanHuk

Banned
So I'm bored at the hospital. Found a comatose patient and now I'm lounging in his room watching basketball. Now if I had some beers, employee of the year.

Sorry I missed the draft thing; crazy busy with the new job, plus I couldn't sign up with my phone, and my laptop broke.

If its any consolation, I got every pick of every round correct.

Sorry I missed the draft thing; crazy busy with the new job, plus I couldn't sign up with my phone, and my laptop broke.

If its any consolation, I got every pick of every round correct.

We'll figure it all out. Hope you setteled in a bit.

And I don't believe you regarding your picks, you also lied to us by saying you're good at FF.

Wes took a timeout and he only said goodbye to the soccer guys.

I'm not mad at Wes.

Just dissapointed.

Take solace in knowing I hate you more than you hate me.

I'm not gonna eat at Taco Bell with you, if you behave like this.

Dutch wouldn't have too much to worry about. Gronk's too much of a slut to settle for just one girl. Even if it was Emma.

Dat avatar...You're a good guy.

UberTag

Dat avatar...You're a good guy.
What can I say? I support teams from multiple cities.
If I had any reason for pride during the NFL season, I'd sport a Bills avatar and you wouldn't be saying such nice things.
That never seems to happen, though. So I'll just be sporting avatars of my favored fantasy players.

What can I say? I support teams from multiple cities.
If I had any reason for pride during the NFL season, I'd sport a Bills avatar and you wouldn't be saying such nice things.
That never seems to happen, though. So I'll just be sporting avatars of my favored fantasy players.

Where are you from originally?

There is no judgement in the Shirtless thread when it comes to teams/fandom, but everything else is fair game. For instance, people who claim that Allison Brie is hotter than Emma Stone are batshit insane. :D

UberTag

Where are you from originally?
Southwestern Ontario. Still here in fact.

Been a lifelong supporter of both the Bills and the Bruins. Funny how that works.
I will be getting many a glare from the local Toronto Maple Leaf fan contingent when I'm sporting my Bruins jersey at work tomorrow.

Been a lifelong supporter of both the Bills and the Bruins. Funny how that works.
I will be getting many a glare from the local Toronto Maple Leaf fan contingent when I'm sporting my Bruins jersey at work tomorrow.

I'm hoping Seguin scores tomorrow so I can chant 'Thank you Kessel'. Couldn't get to do it the last time the Leafs came to town

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Wow how did I not see this.

Fucking Judas! You're dead to me.

You too ActStriker!

UberTag

I'm hoping Seguin scores tomorrow so I can chant 'Thank you Kessel'. Couldn't get to do it the last time the Leafs came to town
At least you're in a city where Bruins playoff tickets are affordable.
I could probably pay round-trip airfare to Boston along with TD Garden seats and still spend less than I would to watch the Bruins from standing-room only aisle space in the Air Canada Centre.

At least you're in a city where Bruins playoff tickets are affordable.
I could probably pay round-trip airfare to Boston along with seats and still spend less than I would to watch the Bruins from standing-room only aisle space in the Air Canada Centre.

Tickets for tomorrow are stupid cheap on Stubhub for some reason. I paid less per ticket than the regular season game I went to against the Leafs.

UberTag

Tickets for tomorrow are stupid cheap on Stubhub for some reason. I paid less per ticket than the regular season game I went to against the Leafs.
I caught Game 2 of the Bruins-Canadiens first-round series in 2004 at the Fleet Centre and playoff tickets were stupidly affordable then as well. Nice seats, too.

ChanHuk

Banned
Dutch is one senile fake German. He threatens to not eat Taco Bell with me and claims Emma Stone is hotter than Alison Brie. Definitely showing early signs of dementia.

I caught Game 2 of the Bruins-Canadiens first-round series in 2004 at the Fleet Centre and playoff tickets were stupidly affordable then as well. Nice seats, too.

I paid $73 after fees for 10th row balcony tomorrow. Saturday tix are still north of $100/seat in the balcony.

Gotta be because the game ended up on a Wednesday

Enjoy the game? ;) Hope your seats were decent.

Game was fucking awesome. Saw a Leafs fan get kicked out, people chanting asshole at a couple Leafs fans, the Kessel chant.. great atmosphere

The only thing missing was a Seguin goal (so goddamn close!) so I could chant 'Thank you Kessel'. That's 2 games vs. the Leafs in a row this year I couldn't do it.

and so much Zombie Nation

seats weren't bad

cVYV6sV.jpg

Take off your shirt. I'm gonna kick your ass!

leafs_bruins640.jpg

I might buy last minute tickets for Game 2, depending on how far the prices drop.

I have never watched a hockey game, am I worse than Pats fans for not watching hockey?

LA Kings playing tonight, could watch them, but I think they have the least exciting matchup out of the 4 tonight.

UberTag

LA Kings playing tonight, could watch them, but I think they have the least exciting matchup out of the 4 tonight.
Playoff hockey is still playoff hockey. Doesn't matter who the teams happen to be.

We've got three nationally televised games on NBC airing during the day this weekend.
What the hell else are you going to watch on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon?
NASCAR? Infomercials? Televangelists? One out of 162 of your team's regular season baseball games? A bunch of meaningless NBA games on the way to another gift-wrapped title for the Heat?

ChanHuk needs to take a chance on playoff hockey.

ChanHuk

Banned
I might buy last minute tickets for Game 2, depending on how far the prices drop.

I ain't no Kings fan, I should go watch the Ducks, I hear the tickets are cheap.

I'm not a picky eater at all, I just really don't like pickles on a burger. In a tuna salad or on a chicken sandwich, pickles are fine, but not on a burger/pulled pork sandwich.

Also, link to the recipe you used?

Milchjon

I'm not a picky eater at all, I just really don't like pickles on a burger. In a tuna salad or on a chicken sandwich, pickles are fine, but not on a burger/pulled pork sandwich.

Also, link to the recipe you used?

Z0inlIs.png
Z0inlIs.png
Z0inlIs.png

I didn't really have a recipe, but I very roughly followed this video.

Basically rub a bunch of crap on a cheap fatty piece of pork (I used neck), let it lie there over night in the fridge, get it out an hour before cooking, and then put it in the oven at low heat (I had it at 120 degree Celsius) for as many hours as it takes to make it almost fall apart by itself. It helps to have a meat thermometer, I think the center temperature should be below 90-95 degrees to prevent it from going dry. I didn't have one though. I had about 1.5 kilos (including bone, which you can just pull out at the end) and left it in there for about 5.5h. Could've used a little less time actually.

It's stupidly simple, overall. If it's too dry or you fucked up any other way, just dump a ton of tasty barbecue sauce on it. (Mine was so awesome it barely needed any, though.)

ChanHuk

Banned
If you want a lazy ass man pulled pork use a slow cooker. I make mine:

Slather that swine (pork butt) with yellow mustard. Salt that thing good and rub on a nice BBQ rub until its beyond inappropriate. Slice up some onions and make a bed on the bottom of your slow cooker. Mince like 2, 4, 10, 10000*** how ever many garlic cloves you like and toss that in. Throw the butt in and half a bottle of beer (Because you drink the other half you fucks). Low and slow for 8-10hrs (Do it overnight so you can have delicious pulled pork for a hangover breakfast).

If you want a lazy ass man pulled pork use a slow cooker. I make mine:

Slather that swine (pork butt) with yellow mustard. Salt that thing good and rub on a nice BBQ rub until its beyond inappropriate. Slice up some onions and make a bed on the bottom of your slow cooker. Mince like 2, 4, 10, 10000*** how ever many garlic cloves you like and toss that in. Throw the butt in and half a bottle of beer (Because you drink the other half you fucks). Low and slow for 8-10hrs (Do it overnight so you can have delicious pulled pork for a hangover breakfast).

I don't have a slow cooker though. Can't you just use a pan?

At the restaurant I worked, we had pork cheeks we prepared for 8 hours in a vacumed bag with some olive oil and some herbs in a special device to keep it at exactly 55 degrees or something.

ChanHuk

Banned

At the restaurant we worked, we had pork cheeks we prepared for 8 hours in a vacumed bag with some olive oil and some herbs in a special device to keep it at exactly 55 degrees or something.

Quit being snes poor. A slow cooker is like $20 (I dunno how much that is in fake German money), best investment you'll ever make. Think of it as a woman (worst investment), dinner at 6 bitch.

A slow cooker is basically an electric dutch oven that's safe to have on when you're not home. So if you got a dutch oven you can make pulled pork in the oven, it just you know....inconvenient

Milchjon

At the restaurant we worked, we had pork cheeks we prepared for 8 hours in a vacumed bag with some olive oil and some herbs in a special device to keep it at exactly 55 degrees or something.

That's sous vide. I think most high end places use that for their meat these days. Pretty complicated to do at home though, although I think you can hack a rice cooker if you desperately want to.

I don't have a slow cooker either, and I didn't use any additional liquid. Just put it in a roasting pan, cover its top with some aluminum foil and forget about it.

That's sous vide. I think most high end places use that for their meat these days. Pretty complicated to do at home though, although I think you can hack a rice cooker if you desperately want to.

I don't have a slow cooker either, and I didn't use any additional liquid. Just put it in a roasting pan, cover its top with some aluminum foil and forget about it.

That was the word I was looking for. We could also use our oven, which had a steam setting, but fluctuated at bit more that the sous vide machine.

I liked working there, if all else fails, I'll just become a chef.

Hey, me too! At McDonald's!

I would totally hire you if I got my own restaurant. Spoiler alert: working in a kitchen is not that hard. Just prepare for the fact that you will just lose your entire social life, relationships will become even more impossible, you will not sleep anymore and you will get an unhealthy coffee addiction.

But besides that, it's a lot of fun.

ChanHuk

Banned
You can sou-vide at home without any real machines if you're just doing a couple pieces of meat. Ziplock the meat, get rid of the air inside, bring up a pot of water to 135-140. Throw your meat in there and move it around occasionally for a couple of hours. Take it out, sear that bitch and eat.

Believe it or not. Taco Bell pioneered sou-vide. True story.

Top Bottom