• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Officially Heading to Retail

OmegaDL50

I feel like if shovel knight was ever included in Smash, he'd be there as a representative for indie games as a whole. I don't think it's likely, but I don't think it's impossible from the angle that Shovel Knight is there to show Nintendo's support and love of indie games

Imagine if Shovel Knight's smash character was a flat 2D sprite kind of like Mr. Game and Watch just to be representative of his 2D sprite design.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I bet the Nintendo exclusive content is a playable Link ala Adventure of Link.

That'd be so cool. :(

I feel like if shovel knight was ever included in Smash, he'd be there as a representative for indie games as a whole. I don't think it's likely, but I don't think it's impossible from the angle that Shovel Knight is there to show Nintendo's support and love of indie games

The thing is Bit Trip Runner's trophy was put in to specifically highlight indies. Nintendo's current indie guy was on screen to introduce it.

Considering he's original series of games debuted on WiiWare and his latest game is also on Wii U he has a much better case to be the Indie representative.

Accoun

Yeah that must be it! A PC and a WiiU retail version is totally more reasonable then a Vita version.

Well, PC gets a physical version only in Europe, where PC retail is still alive (in places). Not sure about WiiU, since in my city none of the big chain stores carry Nintendo games (although there is one pretty much dedicated store) and I'm not sure about rest of the country.

ChrisD

Will pre-order 3DS Physical this week to go along with my Wii U Digital copy, Steam copy, and future PSN digital purchase.

I love this game so much. I buy it on whichever system I am playing most at the time.

The thing is Bit Trip Runner's trophy was put in to specifically highlight indies. Nintendo's current indie guy was on screen to introduce it.

Considering he's original series of games debuted on WiiWare and his latest game is also on Wii U he has a much better case to be the Indie representative.

That was true then, but Shovel Knight was also super new at that point and I wouldn't be surprised if that deal was made before Shovel Knight was even released. Right now Shovel Knight is easily the most popular indie on a Nintendo system, and he also launched as a Nintendo and PC exclusive.

Gameboy415

Assuming the PS4/XB1 versions include their respective exclusive content (Kratos/Battletoads), I'm totally buying all 4 versions! :D

I kinda wish they'd waited until all of the DLC was done/released and included it all on the disc/cart...oh well!

I think I'm gonna buy a second Wii U copy tbh, even though I own a PS4 and all.

The game just felt at home on Nintendo, and I'm a sucker for a physical collection.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Me too. Seems like in the full page article they mention Nintendo version will have its own new content. So that could be cool.

I hope it actually makes sense for the game... I feel like both Kratos and Battletoads were subtraction by addition.

Then again, the game's so heavily inspired by Nintendo games that it can't be difficult to find something cool.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If Vita ain't getting it physical, I might grab it on 3DS.

jacobeid

Banned
I hope this game breaks a million sales soon. It was my GOTY last year and completely deserves it.

I'll likely be triple-dipping on a retail version (already own it on Wii U+PS4).

emb

Yay! I've been wanting to play this for a long time.

I feel bad paying just 20 though. This game probably deserves more, from what I've seen.

Anyway, glad to see they've found enough success to hit this point. Can't wait to see what they make after Shovel Knight, someday.

Beartruck

Already have Wii U digital, so for $20(hopefully $16 through best buy Gamer's club) for the 3ds version is a no-brainer.

Muzy72

Banned
Sakurai has said in the past that he isn't gonna put anyone in Smash. And as awesome as Shovel Knight is, he isn't iconic on the level of Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, or Ryu......not yet, anyway. Plus his game isn't out in Japan, yet.

In short, Shovel Knight isn't gonna get in Smash unless he's the #1 winner of the Smash Ballot. And even then it's not a guarantee.
Some how I knew you'd swoop in and mention this. What is this, your 2000th post on the imaginary rules of Smash you made up??

Excited to see what the Nintendo megaton is. Zelda II Link please!!

So awesome. I love the game and the developers, so I might just have to pick this up if I have the money. I'm not sure which console, though, since I already have digital on Wii U.

Also, the 700k sold, the instruction booklet, and all of the info about the upcoming updates is all great to hear. This game deserves all of the sales it gets, and the bits of new content look so good! Can't wait!

Shauni

I kept putting buying this off despite all the praise. Kind of glad I did now, the question now is Wii U or Xbox One version, hm.

Thoraxes

I kept putting buying this off despite all the praise. Kind of glad I did now, the question now is Wii U or Xbox One version, hm.
Since they're graphically the same, I'd take the D-Pad and extra features (digger diary) of the Wii U version personally.

I'll probably want to get a copy of this for 3DS... where I already have it digitally.

Does it make any sense to buy it if I already have it for the same system?

I guess the price is pretty good at least if it's hard to justify it otherwise.

Sajjaja

Seriously, WTF? It's 80 cents to the dollar, so this should be about $25. Hell, you could round it up to $30, but $40?! Fuck that. I'll check for it on ebay for a lower price.

Might just be a placeholder price but still scary lol.

3bbWh5.jpg

Top Bottom