• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Officially Heading to Retail

Thorakai

Obviously the Nintendo version exclusive will be Shovel Knight as a free character in Smash Bros for owners of Shovel Knight Wii U/3DS and also available for purchase.

Blues1990

Along with Mighty No.9, I'm definitely pre-ordering this for the Wii U & 3DS. Also, I think it would be completely left-field if they include a more obscure Nintendo character (such as Takamaru).

Also, I would be down if Shovel Knight & Shantae were included in Super Smash Bros. 4 in some capacity, either as trophies or playable characters. You can't go wrong with a diminutive knight or a belly dancing genie as being the characters who represent the indie game/Kickstarter heroes.

888eddyx

I have Shovel Knight downloaded on my Wii U, but if I can play Plague Knight without replaying the entire story again, I'm definitely getting my physical copy on Xbox One because of Battletoads.

Hugstable

Banned
I already own all versions of this game except Xbox1, I'm going to have to buy some physical versions now aren't I? Love this game and love giving the devs tons of support. Yacht Club is my hero

Eila

I bought it on steam sale. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it sure won me over. Really polished game.
Shame the PC version doesn't get any extra content, but at a least it was cheaper.

Cool! :D

I already have the digital one on Wii U but I'll def get the physical 3DS one now - heck, will probably get the physical Wii U one too just for collection.

Really enjoyed the game.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Still haven't bought this yet, was waiting for cheaper Steam sale. Prolly just gonna do PS4 now though, loves me some physical.

Eila

lol I just realized Vita is the only one not getting a Physical release. Oh vita :(

EDIT: Wait no PC either?

(PC – Europe only)
You can probably track it down if you really want to. Should be DRM-Free too, since Shovel Knight is on GOG and stuff.

I want the physical Wii U version so badly. I can't find anywhere in Canada to preorder it, though. Does anybody know where I can do it online?

Would love to have this physical copy but not sure if I could bring myself to triple dip lol. Already have it on 3DS and on my PS4/Vita

Occam

Excellent, wonder which version I should buy. Too bad Vita is not an option, that would have been my first choice. Maybe in Europe?

Kup

Glad I held off buying this digitally - although I did intend to play it sooner. I will pick up the physical Wii U version, but Trophy support on PS4 is tempting...

CDX

I already own this on multiple consoles digitally. Is it crazy that I want to buy this again?

The question is which version should I get? I want a 3DS cartridge, but I also want a large manual.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think these are interesting, but the bigger question is... why do we even need the Retro VGS if all these neo-retro indie games are just publishing their own physical copies now?

Harusame

Even though I have it on the 3DS, I will definitely get a physical copy for the Wii U. I can't wait for the megaton announcement.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
When did they decide to add Nintendo specific content? Around the same time as the PS4/XB1 content?

Pinky

Banned
would be awesome to see her in this.

ry%3D400

Top Bottom