• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 review embargo ends on October 4.

GrayChild

The review embargo for the Silent Hill 2 remake is expected to be lifted in less than a week, on Friday, October 4, 2024, at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 9 AM CET. This is four days ahead of the game’s launch on October 8, 2024.

Additionally, the pre-load for the Silent Hill 2 remake is expected to go live on the PlayStation Store on October 4, 2024, two days prior to the launch of its Deluxe Edition on October 6, 2024. It will come with the latest update pre-installed for those who pre-ordered a digital copy of the game, though a day one update may be rolled out closer to launch on October 8, 2024. Meanwhile, those who purchased a physical copy of the game will need to download the day one update. Meanwhile, the download size for the Silent Hill 2 remake has yet to be revealed, though it will require 50 GB of available storage on PC. As such, the download size is expected to be around the same.

MiguelItUp

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Rayderism

I don't know, other than the way Angela looks, the game seems like it will be pretty good to me. Still, you can't really trust so-called professional review sites to truly tell you if the game is good or not. The actual gamers will let you know.

I don't know, other than the way Angela looks, the game seems like it will be pretty good to me. Still, you can't really trust so-called professional review sites to truly tell you if the game is good or not. The actual gamers will let you know.
Reviewers turn into fantastic human beings when ratings go in favor of some people wishes...

I'll take a look, maybe Bloober will surprise us.

Last edited:

Arachnid

I've never played a Bloober game I've enjoyed, but I am begging for this to be the first. If they nail this, I'll have had fantastic remakes of my two favorite games of all time (RE4 being the first), and gaming will have peaked for me.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member

I've never played a Bloober game I've enjoyed, but I am begging for this to be the first. If they nail this, I'll have had fantastic remakes of my two favorite games of all time (RE4 being the first), and gaming will have peaked for me.

If they nail this AND it sells well then we can expect SH1 and SH3 remakes too

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
If they nail this AND it sells well then we can expect SH1 and SH3 remakes too
I hope bloober gets to pick up the peices of team silents cancelled silent hill 5 (the one with the fear in daylight setting, which got shitcanned for homecoming) with ito and yamaoka working on it. It could be like a remake of a game that doesnt exist. I hope they do sh1 as well. will be cool to see the grey children and puppet doctors in modern graphics

Last edited:

GrayChild

I hope bloober gets to pick up the peices of team silents cancelled silent hill 5 (the one with the fear in daylight setting, which got shitcanned for homecoming) with ito and yamaoka working on it. It could be like a remake of a game that doesnt exist

They'll also need to get Owaku, Murakoshi and/or Tsuboyama. Bloober's writing team kinda sucks, so they'll desperately need a good writer and someone who can direct properly.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Must be 8’s and 9’s if they are lifting up the embargo early.

Good signs.

I think the only haters of this will be SH2 die hards who don’t like any change.

I need a good game in 2024 to tickle my pickle and hook me from start to finish. Praying this and metaphor will do the trick.

Top Bottom