• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's in the files, he's already playable!

Was about to post that saying 'Balladofwindfishes redeemed?' Street Fighter music would be sweet, but if this is hinting at Ryu as a fighter... Eh.

MagnesD3

Wolf might come later in the year with Star Fox U, this might only be the finished characters.

I hope.
sad-face-chibi-kawaii-Long-Sleeve-Shirts.jpg

Shoutouts to the japanese audience being paid more attention to, aka Lucas and Roy when Wolf had more support than either of them and probably the combination of 2's fanbases together..

Hell yes Roy. The character I voted for might be making his triumphant return.

Now please make him fight like FE6 Roy with the Sword of Seals and not a Marth clone (since Lucina is already one).

Ive lost my hype entirely for DLC if this turns out to be true...

For Wolf to be ignored again would be just too devastating..
This reminds me of the Smash 4 roster leaks.

Much like, Robin's reveal, anything can happen. Just because a character is in the files, doesn't mean they'll be DLC, and just because a character isn't in the files, doesn't mean they won't be added

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ha

HAHAHAHA

ROY IS IN THE FILES
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/

So Heath, about that bet?

Oh yea and some no name from some low tier third party series
Guess Wolf isn't a forgone conclusion...

What about the bet, Ballad? Did I just recalled that you didn't take the bet because you were afraid to take one? Now you are acting like big boy because we just had a rumor about Ryu and Roy? :) It's tragic that you didn't took the bet, and it was win-win bet for me if the rumor is real because some people know that I really want Roy coming back as well.

If rumor is real, I truly didn't expected to see Ryu after Sakurai's comments about real fighters being in smash. But no name from some low tier third party series? really?

Macka

Roy? Ehhh.

Will we ever get a Fire Emblem rep that doesn't wield a sword? Robin was a step in the right direction, but hopefully in the next iteration of Smash we finally get a lance or axe user.

I think my idea of 2 Melee Vets, 2 Brawl Vets and 2 New Comers will end up panning out.

That would be, in order of release
Mewtwo
Lucas
Ryu
Roy
Wolf
Poll Winner

Melee -> Brawl -> New Comer.

The timing lines up nicely, That would put Wolf at December or so, right around Star Fox U. That would leave the poll closing in October and ~4-5 months to build the character for release in mid-late winter 2016. Ryu would be a big announcement for E3.

Ryce

Will we ever get a Fire Emblem rep that doesn't wield a sword? Robin was a step in the right direction, but hopefully in the next iteration of Smash we finally get a lance or axe user.
It's a matter of timing. Roy, Ike, and Chrom/Robin were the most recent Fire Emblem protagonists as of Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4, respectively. If a new Fire Emblem starring a non-sword user coincides with the next Smash Bros. then they will probably make the cut.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The next FE rep will be that young girl from the trailers:

Special: Onii-chan Shoot
Side Special: Onii-chan Thrust
Up Special: Onii-chan Air
Down Special: Onii-chan Counter
Final Smash: The Onii-chan

Illucio

Banned
Why do people want Roy back? He is infamous for being Fire Emblem fans most hated protagonist/character that somehow managed to get into 2 games and Melee. He isn't clonish but a fusion of what Marth and Ike . The Fire Emblem Representatives would then increased to 5 outpacing Zelda, when Sakurai takes in account a series popularity and has been careful to not add too many characters such as his own that aren't as big as Mario or Pokemon for example which is why Mario has so many reps (despite the majority of them coming from their own game series) as well as Pokemon. I'm sorry Fire Emblem isn't that big of a game, and the characters are starting to flood Smash Bros. It's cool that we may get him as DLC, but still I don't want to see small game series get overrepresented in Smash Bros.

The possibility of now 5 Fire Emblem characters shows that. Yes, Awakening managed to hit big after a series of failure (and that Awakening was supposed to be the last game in the series because of that.) That doesn't mean it's a big series in the likes of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, or Pokemon. If I were to go on the street and ask people if they know those games or some characters from them they will more then likely will, and if I were to show them Fire Emblem and they will respond it as being anime or not knowing who Marth, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and Roy were.

I really don't want to see this becoming a problem in the future where we see a bunch of lesser known game series get a whole bunch of reps in Smash where it even matches or exceed the biggest series character's representation. Let alone eliminating the possibility of having newer characters representing their own game series being put in because clones are easier to be put in the game then regulars.
Which makes me think on why we can't make newcomers clones of existing characters, Ryu could easily be a Little Mac clone with maybe few move changes or moves taken from other characters to match his own from his game series.

L Thammy

If Roy's in, it's probably because he's a clone. Mewtwo's been done for a while. Let's say that the team is wrapping on Lucas too, perhaps because they overestimated the date or something. The DLC team isn't going to be disbanded and reassembled; they need to do something to justify their paychecks. Rather than create a character based on very early poll data, just create the easiest character they know to have a following.

EDIT: Actually, the poll's been what, two weeks now? The poll data may not have been available when Roy was selected.

Why do people want Roy back? He is infamous for being Fire Emblem fans most hated protagonist/character that somehow managed to get into 2 games and Melee.

This was discussed earlier in the thread, and appears not to be true. Look at Awakening's DLC.

I really don't want to see this becoming a problem in the future where we see a bunch of lesser known game series get a whole bunch of reps in Smash where it even matches or exceed the biggest series character's representation.

Depending on how that goes, I wouldn't necessarily mind. I'm not really looking forward to new Mario characters.

Illucio

Banned
If Roy's in, it's probably because he's a clone. Mewtwo's been done for a while. Let's say that the team is wrapping on Lucas too, perhaps because they overestimated the date or something. The DLC team isn't going to be disbanded and reassembled; they need to do something to justify their paychecks. Rather than create a character based on very early poll data, just create the easiest character they know to have a following.

EDIT: Actually, the poll's been what, two weeks now? The poll data may not have been available when Roy was selected.

This was discussed earlier in the thread, and appears not to be true. Look at Awakening's DLC.

Depending on how that goes, I wouldn't necessarily mind. I'm not really looking forward to new Mario characters.

But Captain Toad is love! Captain Toad is life! D:

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god...seeing "Mewtwo Joins the Battle!"...it brings a tear to my eye. The roster didn't feel complete until our favorite legendary pokemon was back on the roster. My first match? Mewtwo vs. Lucario!

Also, is it true Mewtwo neither has Palutena Guidance or Customs? I felt like the former was a given, but no customs? Bleh. Still. MEWTWO.

As for that reddit info...I'd be careful of getting to excited too quickly. Have we learned nothing from Tower of Smash or Spainkiller's Source?

Neoxon

Oh god...seeing "Mewtwo Joins the Battle!"...it brings a tear to my eye. The roster didn't feel complete until our favorite legendary pokemon was back on the roster. My first match? Mewtwo vs. Lucario!

Also, is it true Mewtwo neither has Palutena Guidance or Customs? I felt like the former was a given, but no customs? Bleh. Still. MEWTWO.

As for that reddit info...I'd be careful of getting to excited too quickly. Have we learned nothing from Tower of Smash or Spainkiller's Source?
We don't know about the rest of the Spainkiller leak, but the Chorus Kids part was verified by data miners. He'd be banned by now if he was lying.

Pizza

If Roy and Ryu are coming before the poll is even close to being over then I have really high hopes for the dlc.

If wave one is two newcomers, then wave two is a newcomer and an easy vet (that had to get remade) and then dlc 3 Could be another vet (wolf, for the starfox release) and the first post-ballot newcomer. Then maybe another wave of just two newcomers next year? Seems plausible!!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Alright then Spainkiller Source and Gematsu aside, have we learned nothing from the Tower of Smash leak?

Tower of Smash came from a nameless source though and didn't have anything to back it up (except getting lucky with some Stage guesses), while this new one is from a well-known Redditor with a history of datamining.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm hoping the Ryu leak is real so that we get Ryu's trailer at E3 after they announce Nintendo vs. Capcom: Smashing Generation of Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom