• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dreamland 64 is in rotation for Kirby characters in classic mode (3DS) now

Wait what

Yea, so it glitches and loads Battlefield instead, as it's the fallback stage in case of an error.

gj removing dev code guys. A+. 10/10 would ship patches again

tumblr_mmgpqkORQS1s8ouhxo1_400.gif

Dreamland 64 is happening!
...as a 3DS exclusive :(

Neoxon

Wait what

Yea, so it glitches and loads Battlefield instead, as it's the fallback stage in case of an error.

Of course Sakurai added one of the most popular competitive stages to the version of Smash 4 that's more dead than the dinosaurs
competitively
. What a waste.
;_;

Wait what

I just remembered I was playing classic mode in Smash 3DS yesterday and I fought against Multi Kirby on Battlefield. I didn't take note of it because I always fight Multi Mii on that stage.

Even though earlier I played Multi Fox on Corneria. I feel stupid for not noticing it lmao.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know, I kind of want a Space Invader to be playable

Am I alone on this? It would be the perfect DLC retro rep
Well I did make the point earlier that the Space Invader is one of the most iconic graphics in all of video gaming and that's just taking bad 80's night posters at night clubs into account.

Seeing mentions of the game now trying to load Dreamland despite not being in the game, I was playing All-Star mode yesterday when my game crashed. Perhaps, this is an old glitch still unfixed, but it looks like the game tried to load a trophy that doesn't exist. Maybe the introduction of the Mewtwo trophies messed with the code.

CC3VHBbXIAAeZ3h.jpg

I posted this in the OT, but unless you're talking about a match you played moments before it's not really a place to talk about the rest of Smash Bros.

Well I did make the point earlier that the Space Invader is one of the most iconic graphics in all of video gaming and that's just taking bad 80's night posters at night clubs into account.

Seeing mentions of the game now trying to load Dreamland despite not being in the game, I was playing All-Star mode yesterday when my game crashed. Perhaps, this is an old glitch still unfixed, but it looks like the game tried to load a trophy that doesn't exist. Maybe the introduction of the Mewtwo trophies messed with the code.

CC3VHBbXIAAeZ3h.jpg

I posted this in the OT, but unless you're talking about a match you played moments before it's not really a place to talk about the rest of Smash Bros.

That actually happened to me once before the patch arrived.

tumblr_mmgpqkORQS1s8ouhxo1_400.gif

Dreamland 64 is happening!
...as a 3DS exclusive :(

I wouldn't mind that since it's the only version I still own
but I do hope it leads to Fountain of Dreams being DLC for Smash U.

I cannot believe how that derailed at the end. lol

Let's change the subject: what are the chances of Sakurai and co. "Luigifying" Roy? I don't really care for the character, but I'd accept him best that way.

And in the end...well, the more the merrier.

To be honest, outside updated animations and fixed hitboxes I don't see Roy being all that different from his Melee incarnation.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

To be honest, outside updated animations and fixed hitboxes I don't see Roy being all that different from his Melee incarnation.

We can only hope.

That would explain the bizarre absence of the Fountain of Dreams music.

Merc_

I cannot believe how that derailed at the end. lol

Let's change the subject: what are the chances of Sakurai and co. "Luigifying" Roy? I don't really care for the character, but I'd accept him best that way.

And in the end...well, the more the merrier.

Dude couldn't handle that some of us don't want Melee Roy back.

Anyway, I would hope Sakurai would do that, and that would be the best case scenario. I don't have much hope for it based off how Mewtwo is still the same.

Ah, interesting. I've all of a sudden gotten onto a kick with respect to Space Invader after the talk of icons got started. It'd really be the perfect Bandai Namco second rep, and I'd love to see it designed like Game & Watch with its original SFX and visuals.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah, interesting. I've all of a sudden gotten onto a kick with respect to Space Invader after the talk of icons got started. It'd really be the perfect Bandai Namco second rep, and I'd love to see it designed like Game & Watch with its original SFX and visuals.
Space Invaders is by Taito who is now owned by Square Enix.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
MEMORIES!

God, I remember going over to my cousin's house when I was like...very young, can't remember the age, but way under 10. I didn't know what game he was playing on the SNES but there I found myself painting this here picture:

ss_mpaint.gif

Oh wow, that really take me back to the past.

Of course Sakurai added one of the most popular competitive stages to the version of Smash 4 that's more dead than the dinosaurs
competitively
. What a waste.
;_;

Hopefully DLC stages would be cross buy (between both versions) so we will see. I wish that they would take Yoshi's Island from 3DS and make HD version for Wii U. It was one of my favorite stages.

so you're saying that technically space invaders is a square enix rep

does this mean we can get crono as an assist trophy

I don't care that much about Dream Land 64, so yeah, hoping for the same thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh. Huh, I have no idea why I thought that Bandai Namco was behind it.

Well whatever, that's who Square Enix should add!
While a Space Invader would be funny, once you consider move potential it falls a bit flat.

However s Space Invader stage could work, especially if hitting an opponent at the invaders would destroy the invader thus it would work like the original game and they'd get faster until they get to the bottom and KO everyone unless you destroy them all which resets the game.

However, that would be the first third party stage without a rep. They've done it for first party games but who knows if they're ready to do the same for third party games.

Clov

I'm going to be really optimistic and not only hope that Dreamland 64 will be in both versions, but that Fountain of Dreams will be in at least the Wii U one. No reason not to have both to me!

Are we sure it's Dreamland 64 and not just some new Green Greens-type grassland stage based off Triple Deluxe?

It has Dreamland 64's music and a rip from Air Ride, which in of itself is a remix of Kirby's Adventure music.

Seems more likely to be Dreamland 64, although Jungle Japes uses Kongo Jungle 64's music as its primary song, I just don't see them adding some random new Kirby stage versus one of the most beloved 64 stages.

I dunno, I think that Space Invader could work. I imagine the B attacks would all be based on the beam (but variants), except for maybe Up B which would involve the UFO somehow as a recovery. Its Smash moves could involve summoning ships to extend its reach, with longer smash charges giving the smash attack greater reach. I imagine that it would be constantly floating above the platform, and ducking would just make it closer to the platform (while ducking, the Invader will move even faster). I think Space Invader could totally work.

I would still really like to see the Wii U version get proper new F-Zero and Earthbound stages.

Maybe a trade between the 3DS and Wii U versions for a couple stages, with some alterations to get the 3DS versions working.

Wii U gets Mute City and Magicant.

3DS gets Jungle Hijinxs (back tier only) and Pyrosphere (sans Ridley).

The small amount of new stages in both still bums me out.

EDIT: The 3DS's Mute City being stuck in the worst Smash Bros. sucks. Best F-Zero stage ever, and it's in the version with terrible controls. Dang. I miss that stage.

jnWake

did the update add new trophies? because apparently I keep getting some

Maybe, just maybe, they changed the drop rates of stuff. I had stopped getting new trophies in most modes for a long time and today I got a couple new ones. I also got more new custom moves than usual.

kirby_fox

Banned
I've been thinking. I really want Mach Rider to have been a female Falcon clone, with dorf getting his own moves closer to his own character.

I have no idea why I think "Mach Punch!" Would be awesome to hear, but I think a female Falcon like character would be amazing.

It makes no sense, it won't be DLC whatsoever, but it sure sounds awesome to me.

Apparently with 2.0.5 on the 3DS they added two additional stages into the list, but they're just dummy stages set to batteflield. With 2.0.6 they added 5 more.

Meaning they appear to be planning a lot of stage DLC. And it might be closer than we think, since the two slots in 2.0.5 might be Dreamland and Street Fighter, leaving 5 more other stage DLC slots on the 3DS for later release.

This is also why the Kirby series has that glitch in classic, it's already pointing to one of those slots, which is set to be Battlefield as a place holder.

You know, I kind of want a Space Invader to be playable

Am I alone on this? It would be the perfect DLC retro rep
Nah. While I don't really care for the game that much, I've often thought it would fit right in. Would not be surprised to see it somewhere down the line.

Edit: SEVEN 3DS DLC STAGES? Oh yes. Come to me! I wish I could play for fun with 2 players ro reduce lag.

Azure J

Damn, I hope further collabs with Bandai-Namco won't be in jeopardy for future Smash titles after this incident. They did a great job with the game and got it out on time.

Edit: Holy shit that Roy/Ryu thread ending...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Damn, I hope further collabs with Bandai-Namco won't be in jeopardy for future Smash titles after this incident. They did a great job with the game and got it out on time.

Every generation they will contract another sub-developer to do the work. However, considering how deep the DLC is (like MK8), Nintendo really may consider enhanced remasters with all the DLC as entries for their next console.

The console can't afford to wait 2-3 years for MK/SSB again.

Apparently with 2.0.5 on the 3DS they added two additional stages into the list, but they're just dummy stages set to batteflield. With 2.0.6 they added 5 more.

Meaning they appear to be planning a lot of stage DLC. And it might be closer than we think, since the two slots in 2.0.5 might be Dreamland and Street Fighter, leaving 5 more other stage DLC slots on the 3DS for later release.

This is also why the Kirby series has that glitch in classic, it's already pointing to one of those slots, which is set to be Battlefield as a place holder.

:eek:oooooo

Plz be true.

Azure J

Every generation they will contract another sub-developer to do the work. However, considering how deep the DLC is (like MK8), Nintendo really may consider enhanced remasters with all the DLC as entries for their next console.

The console can't afford to wait 2-3 years for MK/SSB again.

I actually wouldn't mind this at all. Both of these games look great, some extra AA (and a res bump for MK8) plus all the content already made for it and whatever comes specifically for next console would be awesome. (No cuts! :D)

JazzmanZ

It has Dreamland 64's music and a rip from Air Ride, which in of itself is a remix of Kirby's Adventure music.

Seems more likely to be Dreamland 64, although Jungle Japes uses Kongo Jungle 64's music as its primary song, I just don't see them adding some random new Kirby stage versus one of the most beloved 64 stages.

well, considering three mainline kirby games came out since brawl I find it very weird there isn't any stage for any of them, especially epic yarn which has nothing.

well, considering three mainline kirby games came out since brawl I find it very weird there isn't any stage for any of them, especially epic yarn which has nothing.

Sakurai didn't make them, so they don't count. I thought a Return to Dream Land stage was inevitable, but we got The Great Cave Offensive instead, which is arguably the worst stage in the series. I'll forgive Sakurai if they add Fountain of Dreams as DLC.

Here's what I'm feeling at the moment.

DLC Characters
1. Lucas
2. Ryu
3. Our Boy Roy
4. Wolf
5. Smash Ballot Pick That Does Well

DLC Stages
1. Dreamland 64
2. New Pork City
3. Street Fighter Stage
4. Pokemon Stadium 1
5. Hyrule Castle 64
6. Saffron City 64
7. Pirate Ship

Puruzi

Banned

DLC Characters
1. Lucas
2. Ryu
3. Our Boy Roy
4. Wolf

DLC Stages
1. Dreamland 64
2. New Pork City
3. Street Fighter Stage
4. Pokemon Stadium 1
5. Hyrule Castle 64
6. Saffron City 64
7. Pirate Ship
Where the shit is Fourside and Fountain of dreams?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling people are putting in to much stock in those "blank spaces" on the main website. Weren't they always there? They could always just add more.

Neoxon

DLC Characters
1. Lucas
2. Ryu
3. Our Boy Roy
4. Wolf

DLC Stages
1. Dream Land 64
2. Yoshi's Story
3. Street Fighter Stage
4. Pokemon Stadium 1
5. Hyrule Castle 64
6. Saffron City 64
7. Fountain of Dreams
FTFY

TDLink

If they added more character and stage slots now, they can always continue to add more later. I don't think that's an indication of any sort of maximum, only a minimum. Which means, we will get at least 6 DLC characters (including Mewtwo and Lucas) and 7 DLC stages (at least on 3DS). But we could still get more of either category down the line.

If the ballot is taken into consideration for characters I would bet that it is not included as one of these 6, as these 6 are probably already planned and will release this year.

If they're going for some sort of pattern with the 6, then Melee Vet/Brawl Vet/Newcomer makes a lot of sense. Mewtwo/Lucas/Ryu and Roy/Wolf/Someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom