• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just want the whole roster, rounding out Smash 4 as king. Unfortunately I don't see Ice Climbers or Snake returning. Because life is cruel.

Azure J

I just want the whole roster, rounding out Smash 4 as king. Unfortunately I don't see Ice Climbers or Snake returning. Because life is cruel.

Except Roy because fuck Roy.
ibrbVmYIJ5vTVQ.jpeg

I know you're not supposed to give multiple votes, but I had to add my voice to Isaac, Wonder Red, Inkling and Ice Climbers (I'm not giving up on them yet).

I feel so naughty.
Is there any real rule against voting multiple times?

Because I voted like 8 times for 9 different characters I'd like to see
Wolf, Roy, Dark Samus, Pichu (with Plusle/Minun alts), Pig Ganon, Impa, K Rool and Blaziken.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Blaziken. Bipedal, fighting type Pokemon, and most importantly - he's incredibly popular and one of the more recognized Pokemon.

He was a really popular choice back in the Brawl days, but for whatever reason people moved on to freaking Sceptile of all things, lol.

Personally I didn't think he had a shot even back then, but during the pre-Smash 4 hype, I thought it'd be a great idea to have Pokémon Trainer represent Gen III this time around (Blaziken included, obviously), but I suppose the 3DS squashed that idea.

Wow, the poll is going until October of this year. That means they'll be considering those suggestions till the end of the year, possibly into 2016.

I was completely convinced that Sakurai would not stick around and keep developing DLC after the first half of 2015. This is such an amazing gift. I can't help but feel some kind of bad for him considering how tough all of this is on him, but I know he can do it.

Thank you Sakurai. Thank you so much for making this game everything it deserves to be.

Casting votes for:

Wolf
Ice Climbers (or Popo and Nana separated and as alts for one another)
Wonder Red
Dillon
Chorus Kids
Dixie Kong
Ridley (obligatory)

Bomberman. It is time for his grand comeback in his rightful home.

My reason:

He was an icon on Nintendo systems. ND Cube is formed by a very large group of ex-Hudson Soft people, the company that created Bomberman, and Nintendo has published at least two games in the series; Bomberman 64 (Baku Bomberman in Japan) and Bomberman Hero, both on Nintendo 64.

I believe he is the number one choice to be a new playable character in Super Smash Bros.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'd laugh if after all this, Sakurai just posts on Miiverse going "all your recommendations are terrible. Fuck this. No more new characters."

Had to go with FE Roy. The idea of them making him fight like he really does in FE6 with the Sword of Seals is just too good to pass up. Flaming sword iaijutsu FTW.

Also gotta throw a vote down for Dunban. The model's already there and everything. He's way too swag to not be playable.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So I voted for Wonder Red, I'll probably do a submission for both Dixie and Ice Climbers, and now that I think about it the Chorus Kids.

But does anyone else think we should all just try to vote together to get a strong following for a select few characters so it's much more likely they'll get in?

Mewtwo makes six, no way another Pokemon is getting in.

It's one more Pokemon than was in Brawl. Pokemon lost 2 characters in Smash 4, Mewtwo and Greninja only fill holes already left. Mario filled the hole left from Doc's cut in Brawl with... Doc, and then got 2 more characters, so I'm sure Pokemon can manage 7 characters.

I'd laugh if after all this, Sakurai just posts on Miiverse going "all your recommendations are terrible. Fuck this. No more new characters."

this is just a marketing ploy, honestly no one should even bother with this. I'd bet $100 Nintendo already knows who they're going to add and thats it.

Mewtwo makes six, no way another Pokemon is getting in.

There were six in Brawl (seven were planned including Mewtwo).

I think there won't be any additional Pokemon because none are as hype-inducing now as the ones who are in unless we get a Gen 7 announcement for some reason. But not because there are already "too many."

Mario has 7, so another Pokemon would be a-okay with me.

As weird a choice as Sceptile would be, it would round out the "one of each type from the starters" thing, which would ease my ocd greatly. Plus, Mega Sceptile is cool.

this is just a marketing ploy, honestly no one should even bother with this. I'd bet $100 Nintendo already knows who they're going to add and thats it.

If anything Sakurai and Nintendo probably already has a list and this is just used to help them refine whatever plans they already have. Would absolutely not be surprised at all to see Wonder Red in the future. That's why I didn't even feel the need to vote for him.

MisterHero

Threw my vote away on Ayumi Tachibana. But man, I'd love if Sakurai had responses to select ballots like he did in Brawl's ballot.
Lol do you have an article about this?

anyways here's something he may have said about Geno. It sounds too candid to be real though

If You Keep Asking About Geno, I Will Delay Smash Brothers by Masahiro Sakurai

I sometimes wish that I could bring myself to let go of some of the responsibility for Smash Brothers, but I can’t. Because of this, people know who to complain to about any problems with the game which includes the character roster.

However, I have finally decided to tackle these complaints head-on for at least fans of a certain character. This is my threat. Every time I am asked to include Geno into Smash Brothers, I will delay the game’s release by one day. Stop asking me to add him.

I mean, I remember during Brawl that many people were outraged when I included Captain Olimar. They said that Olimar was only in two games and since Geno was also in two games, if you include his cameo, that he deserves as much representation. Some even said that Super Mario RPG is more important than both Pikmin games and so Olimar should just be replaced.

I’m afraid of including a representative from Rhythm Heaven because of this. I can already see it now, people complaining that Rhythm Heaven is not a real Nintendo series, that Karate Joe is not a true Nintendo character like Geno, or that the rhythm game genre is not a real genre when compared to RPG games.

I have heard from Shigesato Itoi-san that Mother fans were bad. Well, I think I have him beat. At least Mother is a Nintendo game series. This character doesn’t even belong to Nintendo and I didn’t have any involvement with the game. Snake’s not a Nintendo character but at least he is very popular; only a few extremely vocal fans care about Geno. I’ve seen people argue that if Geno can’t be included because he wasn’t designed by Nintendo that Diddy Kong should be removed because he was designed by Rare.

Every day I receive all these letters, e-mails and packages for this worthless character. Why spend the effort? Go do something more productive. I don’t want to lose the ability to use my arm because I keep opening letters expecting a fan’s praise about Kid Icarus: Uprising and instead getting some stupid note saying include Geno please.

I’m still not sure whether or not to show a trailer during the upcoming E3 Nintendo Direct. I don’t want to receive any death threats when people realize Geno isn’t in it.

GamerSoul

Well shit it finally happened :0. I always felt that they should do this, if not only for the buzz alone for DLC characters...just so awesome.

Anyways, I voted for Captain Syrup of course. haha. I'm not going to vote any more. Just one well crafted "Krabby Patty with love" should suffice.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wonder-Red is going to become Echo here, just like Ridley and Geno. :p

The joke suggestions probably do a good job of convincing them to dismiss the entire thing and never do it again.

Unfortunately, I agreed with you there.

The huge spike in interest and buzz probably convinces them otherwise

Nope, Goku, Spongebob, Shrek, etc wouldn't convince them to add them to the roster.

I think it's legit because Sakurai wants to make sure no one can do a better job after him

Yep, I have a feeling that they are not gong to make new Smash for NX since they are going to port entire Smash 4 to NX.

Lol do you have an article about this?

anyways here's something he may have said about Geno. It sounds too candid to be real though

:lol it's fake. It came from Satire web blog.

Gartooth

I would ask for Solid Snake and Simon Belmont... but considering we didn't get a Konami character in the main game I doubt we would get one as DLC. :/

Already put in a ballot for Captain Toad, Inkling, and Dixie Kong.

Wonder Red doesn't seem likely due to Ice Climbers related problems since he should work with other Wonderful Ones, and I would throw my hat in for a Codename Steam rep but the same logic goes for that too in which a team character would be more interesting. Bayonetta would be cool, but I wouldn't want her "censored" like Snake was.

DarkKyo

I put in Sora, Final Fantasy classes(NES ones only, black mage, fighter, etc), and Crono. Square needs a rep badly!

Neoxon

If we didn't already have Sonic, I'd vote for Bayonetta. But alas, it'd be a wasted vote seeing as she's a Sega IP.

Brickhunt

Voted for Snake.

Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man wouldn't have appeared in the Smash series at all if it wasn't for Snake paving the way. His moveset was unique and Palutena's Guidance doesn't compare to the superior to Snake conversations.

Other than him, I would vote for Ridley and Waluigi too.

I wonder if they'll consider alts as well.

Like Ninten can't really be a character on his own, but he could easily be a Ness alt and we'd have all three Mother protagonists. That'd be cool.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Here, I made this before the game came out. All of these were suggested somewhere on the Internet and fell into Sakurai's "Had to be on a Nintendo console" criteria set before.

An4jpbq.jpg

Prob won't help you, or anyone else, with choices.

Wow, you got my dream roster right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom