• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

So for those of you currently playing Splatoon, which map do you think would make for the best Smash Bros stage? I think Saltspray Rig would be my pick.

Golnei

So for those of you currently playing Splatoon, which map do you think would make for the best Smash Bros stage? I think Saltspray Rig would be my pick.

I think they might actually have a greater chance of going with the main plaza. It does a lot more to show off the games' aesthetic (especially if the actual paint mechanic can't be implemented into the stages for hardware reasons) and allows some of the NPCs to be displayed, similar to the Animal Crossing stages. It'd also make up for the lack of a Nintendoland stage, in a way - though perhaps the Miiverse messages will be deemed to be too similar to the separate Miiverse stage.

Of course, that's assuming that we're not going to have to wait for Splatoon's sequel to see anything from the series in Smash Bros...

So yea, Splatoon actually has a bit of a clue about Smash Bros in it.

In Splatoon, the walls and signs pull graffiti from Miiverse. They seem to take the most popular posts for the day and use them, rather than hand curating them. This is different from the demo of Splatoon, which had hand picked images and just rotated between the 5 or so of them. Either that or Nintendo really likes Spongebob themed graffiti and hand selected it lol. Spongebob is actually when I realized these drawings were not hand picked by Nintendo.

Which makes me think Miiverse will use exactly the same system, although I still do not know how they will "tag" a drawing to only appear for one character. This will also be especially hilarious for Roy, as the tag will probably mean the character, not the skin, but Miiverse won't know that and we'll have a lot of comedy from Roy Koopa drawings showing up for Roy (and those jokes never get old for me).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

In Splatoon, the walls and signs pull graffiti from Miiverse. They seem to take the most popular posts for the day and use them, rather than hand curating them. This is different from the demo of Splatoon, which had hand picked images and just rotated between the 5 or so of them. Either that or Nintendo really likes Spongebob themed graffiti and hand selected it lol. Spongebob is actually when I realized these drawings were not hand picked by Nintendo.

Which makes me think Miiverse will use exactly the same system, although I still do not know how they will "tag" a drawing to only appear for one character. This will also be especially hilarious for Roy, as the tag will probably mean the character, not the skin, but Miiverse won't know that and we'll have a lot of comedy from Roy Koopa drawings showing up for Roy (and those jokes never get old for me).

so what you're getting at is...

SPONGEBOB SERVES THE COMBAT

Zubz

Banned

Every bit of that post had me chuckling at the possibilities for both Smash & Splatoon's Miiverse. Just imagine. The squiggly art! The copyright infringement! The potential lewdness! And, of course, the further implications of having Roy come back despite the game already having a new Roy.

As for the Direct tomorrow, I'm not expecting anything Smash related, but the last Japan-only Direct was when they revealed Shulk... Maybe we'll get the date of Lucas' release? I mean, I'd argue that Mother 3 was more popular with Americans at one point, but at the end of the day, it was a Japan exclusive.
Or better yet, a lot of people are expecting a Monster Hunter announcement; just imagine if they had a Capcom representative reveal Ryu in this Direct, meaning the only character revealed at E3 is Roy.

I think Lucas will be out before E3 and this Direct is a perfect chance for his release date reveal (probably this Wednesday).

And that will be it for Smash. Maybe another Mii costume pack if we're lucky.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just made a new thread on Youtube feature possibly got cut from Smash Bros. U.

Convert the replay data into a video and post it? This requires a Google account.
(Note: This process may take longer than the duration of the replay.)
Cancel the conversion process?
Download?
Download complete. To see it, go to Í and then Í.
Download and save?
Replays you've downloaded can be found in the Vault.
By connecting to Nintendo Network, you can send your replay to friends or show it off to the world.
Whom do you want to share this with? Data will be sent to the following number of people: .
Is this OK?
Sent.

Neoxon

I guess Inkrail Skyscape wouldn't be that bad...

Would it really be DLC, as such? It doesn't seem to be something they could justify charging for - being added in a patch seems more likely if it's resurrected at all.
That's what I meant, though I probably should have specified.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A feature that could, & probably will, be added back in as one of the DLC modes.

If I were you I wouldn't be too overconfident with that since they already announced Mewtwo, Miiverse Stage, Tourney mode and Tournament mode, and they didn't for youtube feature.

Ryce

TG3nF9e.png

The Chorus Kids have a new assembly line game in Rhythm Heaven 3DS. They've clearly shot to the top of Sakurai's list in light of this exciting news.

Neoxon

Once Rhythm Heaven 3DS is localized then we'll talk.
I personally wouldn't be too worried. The last two Rhythm Heaven games came to the West, & as I've said in the past, the games are relatively cheap to make & localize (of course, there's the need to redo the vocals in English, but that's likely the main cost). Not to mention that 70 of the minigames in the new Rhythm Heaven game are from past RH games, 2/3 of which came to the States. We'll probably hear about it sometime this year, maybe at E3, but I'd honestly peg its Western release for sometime in 2016 since Nintendo Treehouse likely has their hands full localizing Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Zubz

Banned
Guh. The announcement of a new Chibi-Robo! game suddenly pushed him to one of my most wanted characters. He hasn't topped Wonder Red or Ridley, but I forgot how much I loved the character! Maybe the 3DS Photo game just left me jaded with the series, or maybe it's how adorable he looked, using his plug like a whip.

Sponge

Banned
I've been wanting Chibi Robo in Smash for ages ): I really hope he's considered one day.

I could have three way robot battles between him, Mega Man, and ROB.

Since the new FE is released soon, I'd be curious if there's Roy Amiibo data, since the other Smash FE Amiibos work to spawn the character. Although by then, Roy will probably be officially announced.

......I just had a scary/trolly thought. What if the Ryu and Roy dlc is actually just mii costumes that also alter the win result music. D:

Thats Ono levels of trolling there...Chrom reveal troll level even!

Zubz

Banned
K.K. Slider fursuit looks scary

I just found a picture of it myself (It's a new Mii Costume they revealed today). How do you get it? Scanning the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards? Or is it just sold individually?

Also, why is it a Mii Gunner? And why are all the good Mii costumes Gunners when the only good Mii Fighters are Brawlers? The only exception so far's been Dunban, but Swordfighters are even worse!

Boss Doggie

some 7-11 promotion in Japan, you have to go there iirc

a bit off topic but 7-11 in Japan is magical

Zubz

Banned
some 7-11 promotion in Japan, you have to go there iirc

a bit off topic but 7-11 in Japan is magical

... Seriously? To both things; what's so different? I'm used to American 7-11's, and they're usually just a small, curbside convenience store (I was going to compare them to CoGo's, but those're apparently regional. Who knew?).

Boss Doggie

... Seriously? To both things; what's so different? I'm used to American 7-11's, and they're usually just a small, curbside convenience store (I was going to compare them to CoGo's, but those're apparently regional. Who knew?).

They're slightly bigger, have functions you'd normally not see in a typical 7-11, they have gundam, etc.

I now demand a Chibi-Robo Gunner Outfit.

...or just a Mii Hat. Whatever works! We have barely enough Chibi-Robo representation in Smash as it is.

Boss Doggie

FYI that's not a "new game". It's still the same game (press button and hold to shout) but with different tunes. Same with Karate Joe (same mechanics, but different rhythm) and other returning games with different "skin". It's not like the GBA versions which are the same but with updated graphics.

Masked Man

I said wow
FYI that's not a "new game". It's still the same game (press button and hold to shout) but with different tunes. Same with Karate Joe (same mechanics, but different rhythm) and other returning games with different "skin". It's not like the GBA versions which are the same but with updated graphics.

Really? Because in a lot of the preview videos you can see a thumbnail of the standard Glee Club game. Makes me think it's a brand new game--or at least part of a remix.

Really? Because in a lot of the preview videos you can see a thumbnail of the standard Glee Club game. Makes me think it's a brand new game--or at least part of a remix.

Some of the returning games have new music in addition to their original track, as you can see for Clapping Trio in the second trailer, compared to using their original music in the first trailer.

sorry for going OT lol

You can see from the JP Smash Bros site that it's listed as 3DS only for now. You get it by downloading it for free when connected to Seven Eleven's Seven Spot in-store Wi-Fi service. Think something like how legendary Pokemon are often distributed.

It'll be handled differently here in the West because all platforms are listed on English sites.

Ryce

The JP site says you can only use the K.K. Slider costume on Wii U by copying a Mii over from the 3DS version who is already wearing it. I suspect you'll be able to buy the costume for both versions outside of Japan, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom