• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JP site says you can only use the K.K. Slider costume on Wii U by copying a Mii over from the 3DS version who is already wearing it.

Costumes not owned on one version disappear when moved. They specifically added that restriction when DLC costumes came out.

Either the site is wrong or they're adding a bizarre exception for this one specific costume.

Ryce

Costumes not owned on one version disappear when moved. They specifically added that restriction when DLC costumes came out.

Either the site is wrong or they're adding a bizarre exception for this one specific costume.
All of the other costumes are sold individually on two platforms, so trading them between platforms would be "cheating" the system. You'd be saving money. The K.K. Slider costume is only available in Japan as a free promotional 3DS download; trading it to the Wii U version doesn't hurt Nintendo since it isn't being sold on either platform over there.

The system, as it is now, makes no distinction between DLC or unlocked. Even regular costumes are removed if they're not owned. It appears for convenience they just applied it to all costumes, not just DLC.

Now they need to specifically program it for Japanese only KK transfers. Seems like a big hassle for a tiny promotion in one region.

Ryce

Well, the official site says you can copy it to the Wii U version, and I don’t have any reason to believe the site is wrong.

このコスチュームを装備したMiiファイターを『スマブラWii U』にコピーすることで、Wii Uでもお使いいただけます。

The promotional images for the costume show the Wii U version (except for one)... weird there's no way to actually unlock it on the Wii U in Japan.
banner-totatake.jpg

Azure J

I'm curious, was anyone here able to redeem their Inkling Mii Fighter outfits if they preordered Splatoon from Gamestop?

Zubz

Banned
They're slightly bigger, have functions you'd normally not see in a typical 7-11, they have gundam, etc.

Yeah, but CoGo's had Godzilla toys here awhile back. Even 7-11's themselves have had VHS/DVD/Laserdisc sections full of public domain cartoons.

The promotional images for the costume show the Wii U version (except for one)... weird there's no way to actually unlock it on the Wii U in Japan.
banner-totatake.jpg

The site's saying that you can transfer it to the Wii U version by copying the Mii itself to the system, apparently. It sounds really convoluted if you ask me, but I guess the 3DS is the one that sold better by a large majority in Japan.
Plus, it's just another Mii Gunner costume; I already made Snake, Bayonetta, X, and Proto Man, and the Brawler's the only one I like to use, anyway.
Between that and the fact that it just looks off, I don't think I'd have any interest in getting this costume.

Masked Man

I said wow
Since you two are here, what does this say?
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/605182200762396673

I'm curious if it's a Wii U only code like the Splatoon costumes were. If it is, that's basically confirmation it'll be sold eventually.

Other people have already clarified, but just for posterity, Nintendo will be distributing a K.K. Slider costume (body and head) for free via 7-11's "Seven Spot" (an in-store Wi-Fi service used mostly for game promotions). You can only download the costume to Sm4sh on 3DS, but you can transfer a Mii Fighter wearing the costume to Sm4sh for Wii U and use it there as well. :)

Also, interesting that K.K. Slider is free but the Splatoon costumes are apparently going to be premium DLC.

I'm curious, was anyone here able to redeem their Inkling Mii Fighter outfits if they preordered Splatoon from Gamestop?

Nope, not live yet which is total bullshit. I can't think of another instance of preorder DLC not being live on the day customers receive their codes. Considered making a thread about it.

Gleethor

Nope, not live yet which is total bullshit. I can't think of another instance of preorder DLC not being live on the day customers receive their codes. Considered making a thread about it.

It's a bit different since the preorder DLC is for a different game than the one preordered.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is miiverse stage gonna me memeverse

because from what I heard splatoon plaza became meme plaza

JCX

So which Splatoon stage should be a Smash stage? I'd go with Saltspray Rig with a match going on in the background during the battle.

So which Splatoon stage should be a Smash stage? I'd go with Saltspray Rig with a match going on in the background during the battle.

Urchin Underpass is kind of the 'face' of the game in terms of stages with it being the original E3 demo stage and all. But if anything, Inkopolis itself should be the stage just because as the Hub it's the most recognisable location in the game. Or there's always the chance of another travelling stage spanning multiple stages but bleh, I don't find that very interesting personally.

One thing I noticed wasn't mentioned as coming with this DLC is the KK costume.

The promotion starts the 19th. As far as I understand the DLC actually has to exist because of the nature of the promotion, unlike the Splatoon code stuff.

Either they just didn't mention it, or maybe there's another patch planned post-E3? Could Ryu or Roy be added sooner than we assume?

Zubz

Banned
One thing I noticed wasn't mentioned as coming with this DLC is the KK costume.

The promotion starts the 19th. As far as I understand the DLC actually has to exist because of the nature of the promotion, unlike the Splatoon code stuff.

Either they just didn't mention it, or maybe there's another patch planned post-E3? Could Ryu or Roy be added sooner than we assume?

I feel like they'll add it in the next update, and announce that it's just flat-out for sale in US/EU after doing so. I'd love for a new character not-too-long after Lucas, though! I'm super amped for my main to be back, but playstyle-wise, trying someone new'd be fun, too.

JCX

Urchin Underpass is kind of the 'face' of the game in terms of stages with it being the original E3 demo stage and all. But if anything, Inkopolis itself should be the stage just because as the Hub it's the most recognisable location in the game. Or there's always the chance of another travelling stage spanning multiple stages but bleh, I don't find that very interesting personally.

I was thinking of a traveling stage too (maybe use super jump to jump between stages). As long as there is an all-out inkling battle in the background and it isn't Arowama Mall, I'll be happy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Since I just remember that this thread existed since someone brought it up in other thread..

Surprisedly from hardcore player (which is me), I don't mind to see Sakurai take on Splatoon's Final Boss stage as playable stage with final boss being stage hazard.

Tyeforce

Surprisedly from hardcore player (which is me), I don't mind to see Sakurai take on Splatoon's Final Boss stage as playable stage with final boss being stage hazard.
I'd be happy if we got ANY kind of Splatoon content outside of Mii Fighter outfits! I'm not so sure what to expect, though. I have a fear that any DLC stages will be mostly or entirely made up of past stages.

Hatchtag

Banned
Since I just remember that this thread existed since someone brought it up in other thread..

no. no. no no no no.
He needs to be playable. Nintendo has too many gigantic amphibious creatures that are main villains in their series that aren't playable in Smash.

no. no. no no no no.
He needs to be playable. Nintendo has too many gigantic amphibious creatures that are main villains in their series that aren't playable in Smash.

Last I checked, Octopus had gills and were fully aquatic, despite being able to survive on land for a bit.

Miiverse might be appropriate, considering how both games make active use of it in stages.

Other than that, Delfino works, but maybe Wuhu Island? Perhaps Wrecking Crew?

Speaking of Miiverse music, why on earth is Pictochat not on Miiverse instead of... 75m...

Hey, we have music from one of our first social drawing apps.
We have a stage that's our most recent social drawing app.
Hey, let's stick that music on a Donkey Kong stage.
Good idea!

Tyeforce

By the way, I mentioned these awhile back in this thread but I never got around to posting the finished results. I'm not sure how many people would actually care for something like this, but for anyone who does, here are my recreations of official Mii Fighters! I've remade the default Mii Fighters and the official Mii characters used to represent the various DLC Mii Fighter outfits, replicated 100% accurately for those who appreciate attention to detail. Since we're nearing the release of even more DLC Mii Fighter outfits, I figure now's a good time to share them.

I'll be uploading a different group of Mii Fighters (10 or less, since that's the daily limit) each day, starting tomorrow, so you can search for any you want after I upload a group of them. You can filter results by United States and then by the specific Mii Fighter type you're looking for. I know this way of distribution is kind of cumbersome, but it's the only option available unless you're friends with me on Wii U (and sorry, I can't add people here since I'm already maxed out at 100 friends). I'll be making more Mii Fighters as new DLC outfits are released, and at the very least I plan on having the new Inkling Mii Fighters finished on Sunday!

Every Mii Fighter is named "Mii" for consistency (and to correspond with the announcer). Additionally, their height and weight are all set to default, as they're shown to be in official media, with no equipment. The default Mii Fighters have their default 1111 special moves, with their (Alt.) variants having 2222 and 3333 (following the format used in Smash Tour). Mii Fighters created for DLC outfits all have unique special moves based on their respective outfits. And yes, I know these probably aren't optimal for a competitive setting... That's not the point of recreating these Mii Fighters. They're for fun, and for anyone who wants to have official/default Mii Fighters to use.

Speaking of Miiverse music, why on earth is Pictochat not on Miiverse instead of... 75m...

Hey, we have music from one of our first social drawing apps.
We have a stage that's our most recent social drawing app.
Hey, let's stick that music on a Donkey Kong stage.
Good idea!

Could change after the update. We don't know just yet.

Tyeforce

I've uploaded the first two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters for anyone interested!

Deafult Mii Fighters
Mii Brawler: 1111
Mii Swordfighter: 1111
Mii Gunner: 1111

Default Mii Fighters — (Alt.) trophy variants
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333

Search for them in game via Online > Share > View > Mii Fighters and filter region by United States.

jph139

I've uploaded the first two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters for anyone interested!

Deafult Mii Fighters

Search for them in game via Online > Share > View > Mii Fighters and filter region by United States.

Just wanted you to know that these are definitely something I've been interested in - I was never able to find good recreations of the generics online and my own attempts have been pretty meh. So, yeah, thanks for this!

Tyeforce

Just wanted you to know that these are definitely something I've been interested in - I was never able to find good recreations of the generics online and my own attempts have been pretty meh. So, yeah, thanks for this!
Thanks, and you're very welcome! I knew there were people who would be interested in this, which I why I put the time into it and everything, but unfortunately the limited sharing options for Mii Fighters makes it hard to really get the word out and distribute them to people. Hopefully you're still able to find the ones I uploaded earlier today on the servers, and I'll have more coming tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday at the very least! Gotta space them out since the game limits uploads to 10 per day.

I was considering to just distribute the Mii characters themselves by QR Code instead, but I wanted to share the actual Mii Fighters from within Smash Bros. so that outfits are already included and all and everything is consistent. However, after I upload everything to the servers, I may work on QR Codes to make it easier for people to obtain them rather than having to search through the servers, which pretty much becomes impossible just hours after they've been uploaded unless you're friends with the creator on Wii U or 3DS.

EDIT: I've just uploaded the nine default Mii Fighters from my 3DS now, so they should be available again for the next hour or so, hopefully, if not a bit longer!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Deafult Mii Fighters

Wouldn't it be easier to share the Mii QR Codes?

shaowebb

Skatepark. The tower in the middle with the dipping pools and the side areas fits the Smash Bros platform layout to a "T". :kappa:

Real answer though...OCTOVALLEY. Flying boss platform circles the falley, muliple areas to climb too and interactible objects on the stage that inklings are ziplining through plus fountains. It'd be the best choice.

Azure J

OMG!! Hahaha, that is AMAZING!!

There was this absolutely godlike one of an inkling emulating the dynamic slash ending of the Metal Gear Ray boss with an Inkbrush that I wish I had seen on my primary account. My sister was playing and it came up in her plaza.

Tyeforce

Wouldn't it be easier to share the Mii QR Codes?
As I said a few posts above, I was considering doing that but I wanted to share them from within Smash Bros. to keep them consistent. Distributing them via QR Code would require everyone remaking the Mii Fighters themselves, and the outfits and headgear needed may not be unlocked for the (Alt.) trophy variant default Mii Fighters. I may still release QR Codes after I finish uploading everything to the servers, though.

Anyway, here are the second two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters!

SSB T-shirt Mii Fighters
Mii Brawler ♂: 1111
Mii Swordfighter ♂: 1111
Mii Gunner ♀: 1111
Mii Brawler ♀: 1111
Mii Swordfighter ♀: 1111
Mii Gunner ♂: 1111

Cat Suit & Monkey Suit Mii Fighters
Cat Suit ♀: 1132
Cat Suit ♂: 1132
Monkey Suit ♂: 3121
Monkey Suit ♀: 3121

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So who are we expecting before Christmas? I don't think they'll have the ballot character ready so close after October, but I bet they won't finish the year without another round of DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So who are we expecting before Christmas? I don't think they'll have the ballot character ready so close after October, but I bet they won't finish the year without another round of DLC.

IF they are bringing Roy, Mewtwo and Lucas back then Wolf is more likely to be back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom