• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

GameFAQs leak is almost certainly not real, but I want it to be if it means Chibi-Robo is on a shortlist to become DLC.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chibi-Robo, like Inklings, seems to be perfect ammo to save for the next Smash Bros with the way they're pushing the character recently.

Golnei

If that current push ends up resulting in more than one low-budget end-of-life 3DS game, maybe. I wouldn't put it in the same category as Isabelle, the Inklings or Captain Toad(ette) just yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chibi-Robo started life in an end of life GCN title that sold about seven copies.

He went on to star in Park Patrol, Happy Richie Ōsōji!, Photo Finder and now Zip Lash.

I'd call that pushing him.

And considering as time goes on they have less and less known characters to pick from I'd say he's one of those characters that may have a chance. Heck, he even has an Amiibo, something not even Waluigi has.

Golnei

I'm not denying that he's being pushed more than before; but he's still definitely a more peripheral character than others considered likely for the next game. I wouldn't really expect him to be playable without a larger-scale continuation of the series materialising.

And while the more obvious inclusions from major Nintendo series are already addressed, they could easily assemble a roster of 10 or so newcomers without touching series like Chibi Robo; especially if the next game / update is a few years away and more third-party characters are considered.

My fanfic-ish dream Smash Announcement:

***ICE CLIMBER REACHES THE SUMMIT***
(Intro video for Ice Climber)

"In earlier installments the Ice Climbers both fought as a two-in-one duo. This time the Ice Climber returns to smash in a solo form. Playing alone it can fare against any other fighter and doesn't have any disadvantage without it's partner unlike Melee and Brawl. There are 8 different alternate colors; 4 for Popo, and 4 for Nana. I feel the introduction of this character is a perfect time to reveal a new feature:"

***Online Team Battle with Friends***

"Previously you could only play Team Mode online with either another player locally, or a player chosen at random. Now you can team with up with anyone on your friends list and take on other duos from around the world.
The Ice Climbers have one more special quirk to them. Their B-special attacks drastically change if done within close proximity to another Ice Climber on the same team. These tandem attacks can really throw your opponents off guard with good cooperation. Popo and Nana are seen as inseparable good friends, hopefully this new mode will bring you closer to your friends that are miles, even continents away."

BKSmash

Heck, he even has an Amiibo, something not even Waluigi has.

Stop-Crying-GIF.gif

I wonder if we'll get a mini direct or something soon, now that Tournament is just around the corner (and the surprise Wof announcement). I also imagine that the stages will drop simultaneously.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm not denying that he's being pushed more than before; but he's still definitely a more peripheral character than others considered likely for the next game..
Being a peripheral character didn't stop ROB getting in akukuku.

Gamefaqs topic is down. Does anyone have the rumor in full?

From Reddit

I'm still sceptical, but after reading through this entire thread, I think this leak may have credibility:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72178994

tl;Dr This guy claims to be someone who was behind the esrb leaks and has some evidence to back that up. He claims that Namco is currently considering the following characters for dlc:

King K. Rool

Waluigi

Chibi Robo

Paper Mario

Takamaru

Less likely but were considered and still possible:

Wolf

Inkling

Take this with a grain of salt, but this seemingly has credibility.

Edit: A lot of people are claiming this has no credibility. My solution is to read through it and decide for yourself, I feel like most people haven't read any of it, so they think it's wrong immediately.

I wonder when the information will come out that directly discredits this. Maybe it's an interview that specifically states Waluigi will never happen haha

One of my dream announcements is simply adding Miis to FG

ffs you can upload whatever Mii you want and download it, and yet playing online with a Mii is just too much for a person to take.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Especially as Mii costumes have now become a way to play as characters not in the game. (I'll be honest, I want more generic outfits)

I wish DLC costumes changed color to fit the Mii like every single stock costume. Only the Smash shirt changes the color of the bracers.

I was pretty surprised when the collar on the cat costume didn't change color. Seems like the easiest minor thing ever.

And Protoman's costume if the red changed color would allow you to make all sorts of pretend robot masters just from that costume.

And the Splatoon and EXE costumes should change color because the characters those costumes are based off change to all sorts of recolors in their games.

Like I get maybe the third parties don't want their costumes changing color for some reason, but Nintendo's costumes have no excuse. The generic costumes not based on anything have an even less excuse.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Chibi-Robo, like Inklings, seems to be perfect ammo to save for the next Smash Bros with the way they're pushing the character recently.

Yeah, I think Chibi-Robo would be a fantastic newcomer because I could see him being really fun character that could use a lot of items from his game.

If that current push ends up resulting in more than one low-budget end-of-life 3DS game, maybe. I wouldn't put it in the same category as Isabelle, the Inklings or Captain Toad(ette) just yet.

Isabelle?.... I'm not sure about that since I could see Villager being only sole representative of Animal Crossing despite the fact that it's one of huge franchises under Nintendo's belt.

From Reddit
I wonder when the information will come out that directly discredits this. Maybe it's an interview that specifically states Waluigi will never happen haha

The leaker already shot his own feet by sharing that Takamaru and Chrom already have beta playable model in the development before the game got released. Sakurai already said it on the record that it wasn't in case.

leroidys

I would love Chibi Robo, but I don't think Nintendo will be doing any "minor" characters as future DLC, if the released content is sufficient precedent. All DLC characters are either returning characters with their own fan following, or otherwise huge and iconic (Ryu). In fact, Nintendo has pretty clearly laid out that this is the plan going forward, considering that future DLC decisions are being based off of a literal popularity contest.

I could see fan-favorite cult characters (K. Rool) or left-field characters (Chibi Robo) having more of a chance at DLC since Nintnedo might want to hold back whatever remaining heavy-hitters they have for the next major sequel. Hard to drum up hype for an Inkling addition if they were already in Smash 'for', and for the time being that's the biggest character
'sides Ridley
that's left.

Vets are a different matter naturally, but I see only Wolf having a chance. Squirtle and Ivysaur don't have as big a following as the other cut vets, IC aren't possible without some enormous moveset changes I doubt Sakurai wants to make and Konami being idiots fucked over Snake's chances.

Wolf and a newcomer off the fan ballot (at this rate I really do think it'll be K. Rool) are my conservative guesses at what's left for character DLC before Sakurai moves on to his next big thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iDOLM@STER in Namco developed Taiko Drum Master...
iDOLM@STER in Namco developed Tekken 7...
iDOLM@STER in Namco developed Sma...

From Reddit

Here's what I wrote on GameFAQS:

I talked to Nicholas about it yesterday with Neo Zero (an admin of Smash Boards). After discussing the information that he posted as well as additional information that Nicholas shared with us from his "source" we have reached the conclusion that the leak is 99% likely to be fake. In addition we had vaanrose independently investigate the leak, and he reached the same conclusions. The leak Nicholas posted is extremely vague which is a huge issue in itself. His source wasn't aware of Ryu, and Roy until the data was found. That in addition to a number of other issues, has led us to the conclusion that it's fake.

Please understand that while we are convinced that the leak is 99% to be fake, I assured Neo Zero and Nicholas that I wouldn't mention anything that we discussed without his approval. I intend to honor that promise. I can promise you though, it's not worth much thought as there's a lot of tidbits that I know [from the leak] are wrong from my Famitsu translations/ my own research.

Right now, I have no reason that Nicholas himself is lying, but he has been misled. The "proof" that I've seen raises a lot more questions than it answers, and does not seem credible. If anything changes you guys will know, but right now there's nothing but false information.

In case you are wondering who I am:
I'm the admin of Sourcegaming.info.

I have uncovered information on the Rhythm Heaven Emblem data, a lot of the cut content in Smash 4 (Heihachi being considered, Virus characters, etc), have organized translations for Sakurai's Famitsu column, organized a huge polling effort before DLC was announced (and is responsible for the Japanese DLC wishes that you've probably seen), researched the heck out of development and character selection in all games (found new information about the Sukapon item / Fire Emblem stage in Melee, have evidence that Meowth was never considered for Smash 64, etc) and a lot more.

Basically, I have a lot of credibility and I have no reason to believe in this "leak". I strongly believe that it's best to let it die and has been entertained long enough.

Aw, I was hoping for something about how Waluigi is absolutely under no uncertain terms ever being a Smash character.

I'd love Waluigi as a character, but that would have been funny for him to say.

Aw, I was hoping for something about how Waluigi is absolutely under no uncertain terms ever being a Smash character.

I'd love Waluigi as a character, but that would have been funny for him to say.

He did basically say that with Waluigi's picture of the day!

Also, I fact checked everything in the Did You Know Gaming videos. Unsurprisingly, they got a lot of information wrong. Let me know if I got anything wrong (that'd be embarrassing!).

Also, I fact checked everything in the Did You Know Gaming videos. Unsurprisingly, they got a lot of information wrong. Let me know if I got anything wrong (that'd be embarrassing!).
“4 players fighting at the same time, removal of potential damage (HP), battle royale fighter”

That really rolls off the tongue. I wonder why they changed it

...lol

Unrelated, but it's a shame Smash keeps missing the 3rd generation of Pokemon. I was thinking yesterday how awesome Deoyxs could be, morphing to different forms to do different things (like charging Smash attacks in Attack form, when shielded in Defense form, while running and jumping in Speed form) he could be an extremely visually interesting character and it'd be nice to not only have a third gen Pokemon in Smash, but another legendary.

Or just add Blaziken, that would work too.

I hate how ignored the second and third gen are grumble grumble.
There are more gens than 1 and 4. And yet the majority of representation in Smash is 1 and 4. 4 has like 9 million music remixes, a character, and Gen 1 makes up more than half of the Pokemon roster and lots of music as well. Gen 5 got a stage and some remixes, 6 got a character, 2 stages and two remixes, plus some rips.

Gen 2 and 3... get 3 old remixes between both gens, no characters, no stages (ever). Gen 2 was repped by a joke clone 15 years ago. Which was better than nothing. But he was cut and nobody seems to want him back.
ffs the game doesn't even acknowledge the Gold and Silver music is from Gold and Silver, either.

And you might say "hey, Pichu and Deoyxs or Blaziken are too many Pokemon" and I say "too bad" because Pokemon is the second largest series in Smash (and the largest if we count outside media) and the characters are all well designed, unique, and with diverse and easily adapted movesets for Smash. Pokemon are basically built perfectly for Smash.

/endrant

...lol

When Sakurai writes project plans, he seems to start off with an idea. I believe with Kirby the original idea was "An action game where you can use enemy abilities". Sakurai really believes in simplifying things. Kirby was a platformer aimed for beginners, Kirby Air ride being a simplified racing game, Smash Bros is a fighting game that's intended to included beginners, etc. This article goes into more in depth about Sakurai's design style. There's two pages of the Smash 64 Project Plan in one of Sakurai's book. It's pretty interesting how he wrote it. Either Masked Man or I should translate it one of these days.

Their TF2 video was just copy and pasted trivia from the official TF2 Wiki. There was even a bit of trivia in there I wrote.

People were acting like it was all new, never before unseen information when some of it was years old.

Crayolan

He did basically say that with Waluigi's picture of the day!

There’s also evidence suggesting that Giga Bowser was playable at one point in development. Though, this could have been just for testing purposes.”

Uhhh, no. Giga Bowser was only playable for testing purposes

Either you're being really rough on them right here with the semantics or you missed that last sentence.

Their TF2 video was just copy and pasted trivia from the official TF2 Wiki. There was even a bit of trivia in there I wrote.

People were acting like it was all new, never before unseen information when some of it was years old.

That's the whole point of the DYK videos, they're just interesting factoids about games and systems which most people aren't aware of. They're not trying to unearth any new information.

Either you're being really rough on them right here with the semantics or you missed that last sentence.

That's the whole point of the DYK videos, they're just interesting factoids about games and systems which most people aren't aware of. They're not trying to unearth any new information.

Being rough with them. I'll go tone it down. I got really frustrated with some of their theories.

...lol

Unrelated, but it's a shame Smash keeps missing the 3rd generation of Pokemon. I was thinking yesterday how awesome Deoyxs could be, morphing to different forms to do different things (like charging Smash attacks in Attack form, when shielded in Defense form, while running and jumping in Speed form) he could be an extremely visually interesting character and it'd be nice to not only have a third gen Pokemon in Smash, but another legendary.

Or just add Blaziken, that would work too.

I hate how ignored the second and third gen are grumble grumble.
There are more gens than 1 and 4. And yet the majority of representation in Smash is 1 and 4. 4 has like 9 million music remixes, a character, and Gen 1 makes up more than half of the Pokemon roster and lots of music as well. Gen 5 got a stage and some remixes, 6 got a character, 2 stages and two remixes, plus some rips.

Gen 2 and 3... get 3 old remixes between both gens, no characters, no stages (ever). Gen 2 was repped by a joke clone 15 years ago. Which was better than nothing. But he was cut and nobody seems to want him back.
ffs the game doesn't even acknowledge the Gold and Silver music is from Gold and Silver, either.

And you might say "hey, Pichu and Deoyxs or Blaziken are too many Pokemon" and I say "too bad" because Pokemon is the second largest series in Smash (and the largest if we count outside media) and the characters are all well designed, unique, and with diverse and easily adapted movesets for Smash. Pokemon are basically built perfectly for Smash.

/endrant

Speaking of Gen. 3. I'm annoyed that they took out Groudon.

I would love to have Sky Pillar or Cave of Origin as a stage. We had Spear Pillar for Palkia & Dialga, why not give Gen. 3 a similar stage?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

They started life literally pinching trivia from the 'game facts that blow your mind' thread here on GAF!

I would love to have Sky Pillar or Cave of Origin as a stage. We had Spear Pillar for Palkia & Dialga, why not give Gen. 3 a similar stage?

Sky Pillar over looking Hoenn, with the weather changing during the fight, seeing Groudon and Kyrogre fighting in the back.

It wouldn't even need hazards. It could be an amazing stage, visually, just by having a dynamic background and weather.

They started life literally pinching trivia from the 'game facts that blow your mind' thread here on GAF!

lmao

Sky Pillar over looking Hoenn, with the weather changing during the fight, seeing Groudon and Kyrogre fighting in the back.

It wouldn't even need hazards. It could be an amazing stage, visually, just by having a dynamic background and weather.

A very epic stage with no hazards. Similar to Final Destination?

Even then, it'd probably be banned from tournaments for being "too visually distracting".

Zubz

Banned

Yeah. I saw that, and it was really just stuff that could be gleaned from reading the comics, explaining some puns behind some weapon names, and the "Sniper got a scar after the Sniper vs. Spy Update." I mean, I watch those because sometimes, they do have cool information I didn't know before. That episode definitely wasn't one of them. I still love the Smash one where they got the announcer's VA; it might've just been me, but it sounded like he changed his tone each time he had to say the name of a character that wasn't playable, to avoid getting into trouble for unauthorized use of "The Announcer" character. And that's lame that they took stuff that you wrote, by the way.

I know; Groudon's definitely better than some dead-faced orca or a sky snake. And I'm surprised we didn't get a Hoenn stage. Woolly World got a stage months before it came out, and in the case of ORAS, it's a remake, so we already had a game with these locales, anyway. They could've done the same thing for Majora's Mask. too (It could've just been Great Bay Shrine). Oh well.

What I really wanted was a Sootopolis City stage with the Groudon/Kyogre fight in the background, with platforms popping out of the raging waters. But
since they didn't bring it back from Emerald in this timeline, I guess we would've had to have gone with meeting Rayquaza at Sky Pillar, if we wanted to be ORAS-accurate.

I know; Groudon's definitely better than some dead-faced orca or a sky snake. And I'm surprised we didn't get a Hoenn stage. Woolly World got a stage months before it came out, and in the case of ORAS, it's a remake, so we already had a game with these locales, anyway. They could've done the same thing for Majora's Mask. too (It could've just been Great Bay Shrine). Oh well.

What I really wanted was a Sootopolis City stage with the Groudon/Kyogre fight in the background, with platforms popping out of the raging waters. But
since they didn't bring it back from Emerald in this timeline, I guess we would've had to have gone with meeting Rayquaza at Sky Pillar, if we wanted to be ORAS-accurate.

Yeah, Sootoplis would be fine too. A battle with heavy rainfall is never not awesome.

Or an extreme drought where the freaking sky is burning.

Even then, it'd probably be banned from tournaments for being "too visually distracting".

It's too bad they seem to think stages need a big "gimmick" about them instead of just having the presentation of the stage be the gimmick.

Fountain of Dreams isn't memorable because it has crazy hazards. It's memorable because the stage is gorgeous and the music is incredible and the stage is an experience. Even if it has a simple design. Temple is probably the most popular casual stage the series has ever had. And yet it has no hazards. Because it's set up in a fun way, looks nice, has nice music, and just allows players to mess around without distractions.

Lylat Cruise is another good example, not from Melee. No gimmick, simple stage. The presentation of the stage makes it memorable. I even think a stage like Distant Planet is a good stage, even if has a few minor hazards.

Smash 4 has Suzaku Castle, Mario Galaxy and uhh... Windy Hill Zone? That work without hazards because they present themselves well. Town and City is boring.

Stages like Magicant, Kalos League, Wiley's Castle, Gaur Plains and Great Cave Offensive are awesome looking stages, visually. They also have great music. But are seriously hurt by this idea that they needed gimmicks to make them memorable. Except Magicant and Wiley's Castle are memorable. Memorable for being wasted potential for being great stages... Why the heck did Garden of Hope need the crab? Did someone say "man, this stage needs something" and then added an intrusive crab enemy that literally does nothing but annoy people?

And I'm even pretty loose with hazards. Mario Circuit 8, for example, I think is a fine stage, even if it has hazards. Because they're not intrusive and don't just seem thrown onto the stage to say it has a hazard. I don't even really care about walk offs. Bridge of Eldin isn't a bad stage because of the Walk Offs. If it didn't explode every 5 seconds, it would be a great map for casual play.

I'm hoping, like the clone feedback he used for Brawl, that he sees that these sort of nonsense stages are not popular at all. Not even by casual users. Why did he think people got super excited for Dreamland 64? Maybe some nostalgia, but also because that stage is very well designed and people like it for the layout, not just nostalgia. Nobody cares if Icicle Mountain or Mushroom Kingdom 64 ever came back, for example. So nostalgia isn't all of it. And for a popular stage people want with hazards, Pirate Ship is a good example of a popular stage, despite its hazards. Because the stage looks awesome and is just a fun stage. It didn't need a giant squid boss and moblins coming on board or nonsense like that.

I think Smash 4 U has the worst stage roster the series has ever had. They went way overboard with the bosses and hazards and pointless stupid additions nobody likes. The 3DS one is okay though, some nice stages there, even if the roster is smaller.

And that's lame that they took stuff that you wrote, by the way.
The information on the wiki is public information, it's no big deal.

It's too bad they seem to think stages need a big "gimmick" about them instead of just having the presentation of the stage be the gimmick.

Fountain of Dreams isn't memorable because it has crazy hazards. It's memorable because the stage is gorgeous and the music is incredible and the stage is an experience. Even if it has a simple design. Temple is probably the most popular casual stage the series has ever had. And yet it has no hazards. Because it's set up in a fun way, looks nice, has nice music, and just allows players to mess around without distractions.

Lylat Cruise is another good example, not from Melee. No gimmick, simple stage. The presentation of the stage makes it memorable. I even think a stage like Distant Planet is a good stage, even if has a few minor hazards.

Smash 4 has Suzaku Castle, Mario Galaxy and uhh... Windy Hill Zone? That work without hazards because they present themselves well. Town and City is boring.

Stages like Magicant, Kalos League, Wiley's Castle, Gaur Plains and Great Cave Offensive are awesome looking stages, visually. They also have great music. But are seriously hurt by this idea that they needed gimmicks to make them memorable. Except Magicant and Wiley's Castle are memorable. Memorable for being wasted potential for being great stages... Why the heck did Garden of Hope need the crab? Did someone say "man, this stage needs something" and then added an intrusive crab enemy that literally does nothing but annoy people?

And I'm even pretty loose with hazards. Mario Circuit 8, for example, I think is a fine stage, even if it has hazards. Because they're not intrusive and don't just seem thrown onto the stage to say it has a hazard. I don't even really care about walk offs. Bridge of Eldin isn't a bad stage because of the Walk Offs. If it didn't explode every 5 seconds, it would be a great map for casual play.

I'm hoping, like the clone feedback he used for Brawl, that he sees that these sort of nonsense stages are not popular at all. Not even by casual users. Why did he think people got super excited for Dreamland 64? Maybe some nostalgia, but also because that stage is very well designed and people like it for the layout, not just nostalgia. Nobody cares if Icicle Mountain or Mushroom Kingdom 64 ever came back, for example. So nostalgia isn't all of it. And for a popular stage people want with hazards, Pirate Ship is a good example of a popular stage, despite its hazards. Because the stage looks awesome and is just a fun stage. It didn't need a giant squid boss and moblins coming on board or nonsense like that.

I think Smash 4 U has the worst stage roster the series has ever had. They went way overboard with the bosses and hazards and pointless stupid additions nobody likes. The 3DS one is okay though, some nice stages there, even if the roster is smaller.

Very well said.

And after playing the game, I honestly think the stage bosses are the worst addition to the game. It has been said countless times, but I'll say it once more; there needs to be a way to switch hazards off (not counting omega variants).

I get that it's a party game first, and a fighting game second, but...it's still a fighting game, and a lot of people don't want to be forced to fight in a such a hostile environment.

That said, I do enjoy some of the chaos that ensues from said hazards, just not all the time.

Very well said.

And after playing the game, I honestly think the stage bosses are the worst addition to the game. It has been said countless times, but I'll say it once more; there needs to be a way to switch hazards off (not counting omega variants).

I get that it's a party game first, and a fighting game second, but...it's still a fighting game, and a lot of people don't want to be forced to fight in a such a hostile environment.

That said, I do enjoy some of the chaos that ensues from said hazards, just not all the time.

If we were allowed to use the 8 player stages in normal mode like All Star does, the stage roster would explode. Pokemon Stadium 2, Norfair and Pyrosphere would suddenly become awesome stages. We'd actually have too many legal stages. Which is a crazy thought, but it would let the community make a really refined and balance stage list, rather than allowing some oddities like Delfino (which I do not believe should be legal).

It's one of those super frustrating parts of Smash. The maps exist. A system to toggle stage types exist (the L button). Why can't two and two be put together? ffs Pyrosphere goes from a joke of a stage to being a counterpick at worst, and a starter at best. And it's one magical button away. Except that button does nothing because of reasons.

Neoxon

The information on the wiki is public information, it's no big deal.
Believe it or not, Dream Land 64's return was welcomed greatly by the competitive scene, as it was a staple in competitive Smash 64 & Melee.

kirby_fox

Banned
Having been playing through all star mode with every character, the stages are noticeably bad. One bad move and the stage hazards kill you. It's difficult with characters you don't often play with when you're doing great but the stage is what kills you...start all over again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Eh, so Nicholas was tricked. It happens to the best of us, hence why you need to cross-reference your sources.

I told you that it was obviously fake in chatroom! ;P It's really easy to cross-reference when we have so much information on our hands.

The fact that there are six playable Pokemon but only two Pokemon stages bugs me. Give us back Pokemon Stadium 1 at least.

Yeah, Bring Pokemon Stadium 1, Poke-Float and Spear Pillar back!

[...]

I've said this in some other thread before, and absolutely agree.
When I saw the final selection of stages on Wii U, my enthusiasm about that version dropped a lot. And I also am not the biggest fan of the 3DS' selection.

Basically a lot of these stages are not arenas for the characters to fight in, but they're more about playing against the stage rather than playing against the other player(s). They truly have become stages, in the sense of being obstacles to overcome, instead of rings. A big part of Smash now seems to be players vs. stages rather than players against each other, and that's really detrimental to the gameplay, I feel, especially considering it alienates new players if the majority of the stages are as you say gimmicky.

This trend has already started in Melee where about half of the stages were like that (remember Icicle Mountain or Brinstar Depths?), but it wasn't until Brawl where these stages took over the majority, and now in Smash 4 - both versions, though a lot more in the Wii U one - the split between arenas and obstacle courses has become even bigger.

I'm just really let down by Sakurai thinking every stage has to be full of shit happening all the time. And then to add insult to injury, he adds the Omega thing, which seems like a troll more than a genuine thing - people never only wanted Final Destination, just more arena-like stages such as it.

There's plenty of visually distracting stages legal (or semi-legal) in competitive play. Especially in Brawl and Smash 4, the competitive scene is desperate for stages to play on because most of the stage selection is stages with massive intrusions on a gameplay scale.

Many stages have been tried to be used competitively, in the early Brawl rulesets, for instance Hanenbow was legal in team play, and Norfair was legal in 1v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom