• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could says same thing for Wonder Red. I'm concerned that 3DS limitation might hurt moveset potential for Wonder Red. I want the full potential and creativity moveset for Wonder Red to reflect on Wonderful 101's uniqueness and quirky.

That's hardly for the same reasons as Shadow though... Shadow is just an awful character.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If they wanted to keep Wonder Red faithful to the original game his attacks would have to be half the size of the stage. It would be like the opposite of Ridley's problem.

Fandangox

yo Team Wonder Red

How about an "avatar campaign" to show our support for Wonder Red joining Smash Bros.?

Tune your avatar with this Beauty

wondereyes1buyz.png

Who's in?

ps. dunno how to minimize pictures in a post, sry bout that

Way ahead of you, made this yesterday (the drawing is actually old, just colored it in paint) for an avatar, but I don't have photoshop, so I cannot resize it to avatar size, could anyone resize it for me please?
and maybe add transparency to the avi

Also you minimize pictures in a post by putting them under quote tags.

Neoxon

yo Team Wonder Red

How about an "avatar campaign" to show our support for Wonder Red joining Smash Bros.?

Tune your avatar with this Beauty

wondereyes1buyz.png

Who's in?

ps. dunno how to minimize pictures in a post, sry bout that
Could someone add this to Chris Pratt?

Real Hero

I could says same thing for Wonder Red. I'm concerned that 3DS limitation might hurt moveset potential for Wonder Red. I want the full potential and creativity moveset for Wonder Red to reflect on Wonderful 101's uniqueness and quirky.

I can understand people liking Wonder Red. But Shadow the Hedgehog is sooo lame

I voted Simon Belmont, he deserves the same love Mega Man got plus he would make an awesome fighter. I kind of wanted to say Mike Jones from Startropics but I guess the chances for him are null.

Linkyn

Looking back, I don't think giving reasonable short exposes on move sets and franchise importance were the right way to go with the ballot. Going by example Miiverse posts, something like "He / she is really cool" might have been more effective.

Illucio

Banned
His attacks will be probably be a fusion of unite fiat, hammer, sword, gun, ect. And his final smash being... well you know. super mega ultra little bang big bang.. I can't even name it. XDD

Pizza

Seeing all these votes for Wonder Red makes me giddy at the small possibility of him happening!!!! (I voted for him too)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can understand people liking Wonder Red. But Shadow the Hedgehog is sooo lame

That's hardly for the same reasons as Shadow though... Shadow is just an awful character.

I dislike Shadow as well, but my point is people are going to waste their votes on some characters that probably have no chances.

I'm not sure we are going to get any third party characters after Oct 2015. It is a long process to inking some contracts between two different companies.

Filler characters or clones characters are waste of votes for few reasons. Other than returning characters, some people aren't that willing to buy clone DLC, and filler characters probably don't have good sales power behind it, like Dry Bone Koopalings, Birdo, etc. They need to pick characters that would make people want to buy it in order to move some sales for DLC.

Also there is 3DS limitation that could lead some characters being excluded or severely gimped their potential movesets.

I would be happy if I'm wrong.

When all is said and done, I wonder if we'll see a Smash Bros Complete edition next year with all the DLC released after they finish all the DLC they want to make?

I think we might. It would also make for an interesting launch title for a new system, maybe even adding exclusive NX characters like Ice Climbers or something else that requires more power. A person getting the collection will be in for a treat too, with a roster that'll probably be close to 60 strong. Who know, maybe at the end of all this the only cut character not in Smash 4 will be Snake and Young Link, the latter because he's pointless with Toon Link and the former because of Konami. Really, it's entirely realistic, especially since the remaining Melee cuts are two easy clones. That's a lot of Pokemon DLC though haha

I think at the end of Smash 4's life, it'll end up being more like Smash 4.5 and the line between 4 and 5 might be kind of blurry. Smash 5 might end up just being a ported complete collection for Smash 4 with a handful of new characters, rather than the tradition massive release.

Fandangox

I dislike Shadow as well, but my point is people are going to waste their votes on some characters that probably have no chances.

I'm not sure we are going to get any third party characters after Oct 2015. It is a long process to inking some contracts between two different companies.

Filler characters or clones characters are waste of votes for few reasons. Other than returning characters, some people aren't that willing to buy clone DLC, and filler characters probably don't have good sales power behind it, like Dry Bone Koopalings, Birdo, etc. They need to pick characters that would make people want to buy it in order to move some sales for DLC.

Also there is 3DS limitation that could lead some characters being excluded or severely gimped their potential movesets.

I would be happy if I'm wrong.

Keeping those expectations in check as usual I see. But Smashgaf is made out of hype.

We will get you eventually.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
His attacks will be probably be a fusion of unite fiat, hammer, sword, gun, ect. And his final smash being... well you know. super mega ultra little bang big bang.. I can't even name it. XDD

Yes, Wonder Red have a lot of awesome moves that would make an interesting moveset but they already have small issues with Pikmin in 3DS since their AI is quite bad. Wii U's is way better.

Gartooth

That's why I was unsure of voting for him. I want a W101 rep as well, but Wonder Red alone would basically be the equivalent of Viewtiful Joe without any VFX powers. Him working alongside the other Wonderful Ones would make a more interesting characters, and could allow style changes to switch to Wonder Blue or Wonder Green. Unless other Wonderful Ones are similar to Olimar's Pikmin or Rosalina's Luma, I'm afraid that the team would just run into another Ice Climbers situation for the 3DS.

I've decided to use my second vote for Sakura Samurai, who I'm ashamed to admit I forgot about since I focused on Takamaru so much.

Character?
MECA HAWK

Game?
Pilotwings 64 & Pilotwings Resort

Why?
Because Pilotwings is already featured as a stage in Super Smash Bros, and Pilotwings does not get as much recognition as it deserves.

Who?
MECA HAWK!

beloningpilotwingsresor.jpg

mindsale

I want to see Paper Mario, personally.

Something about this "ballot contest" rings false. To think they don't have an exhaustive character list already given their past trophies, stages (which include a Paper Mario stage), and Mii costumes... Like someone would write "Rayman" and they'd say "OMG Rayman, I never thought of that!" when there's a trophy... I don't know. Call me a skeptic, but I think they're just trying to promote goodwill and already have established which DLC characters are in the works. And that's if 99% of the suggestions aren't idiotic licensing nightmares (read: Goku, Batman).

SmithnCo

Something about this "ballot contest" rings false. To think they don't have an exhaustive character list already given their past trophies, stages (which include a Paper Mario stage), and Mii costumes... Like someone would write "Rayman" and they'd say "OMG Rayman, I never thought of that!" when there's a trophy... I don't know. Call me a skeptic, but I think they're just trying to promote goodwill and already have established which DLC characters are in the works. And that's if 99% of the suggestions aren't idiotic licensing nightmares (read: Goku, Batman).

Could be. Gets people talking and speculating again, and when the characters come out they can point to the ballots and how many people voted for them anyway. Kinda fun though.

They know whose going to top the polls. They watch Miiverse, Reddit, forums, etc. They've probably already started the next batch. Actually I think Wolf is done right now and just waiting for release, it's more cost effective to do all the DLC characters at the same time.

So when they announce Wolf at E3 or whatever, they can announce "we've been listening to your poll choices and have decided to launch Wolf in September!" it makes it look like the customer had a say, but really they didn't and it was all a ruse to make for good PR.

I say that, but I legitimately think Lucas is DLC now because of fan outcry. I think they underestimated his popularity (and Wolf's) and seeing the outcry on Miiverse (which was actually pretty high), brought him back.

Gartooth

I kind of wish they put an IP block on the site if they only want one vote per person. I'm afraid my 4 ballots are going to be invalidated even though it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. lol

Azure J

So where are my #TeamTakamaru people at? Even if he isn't your first choice, I know you all can give this handsome fellow:

A shot at a new lease on life. I need some of that Kenshin Himura/Sword of the Stranger action and my dude promises that AND the funkiest assortment of projectile weaponry and passive buffs ever.

Let's get this man some support. :)

Forkball

I get where you're coming from, but I do reaallly want K. Rool.

Sell me on K. Rool. What does he offer to the table that the other character's don't? In DKC, his final boss battle involves him throwing a crown at you. HE THROWS. HIS CROWN. Don't even get me started on his entire plan to defeat Donkey Kong. He steals his bananas. He doesn't burn down the Kongo Jungle, or kidnap DK's family. No, his plan involves weakening Donkey Kong via a potassium deficiency.

It's such a shame that one of the most classic iconic video game characters of all time will be overlooked for a bunch of stupid shit. A character that was just as big of a part of the NES/SNES era as Samus or Link or the Ninja Turtles. I know he's a third party character, but for this game to truly be complete it needs him.

RIP Simon Belmont.

zogged

Come on Wonder Red, I really wanna see if they can make a final smash that does justice to how insane the game gets.

Real Hero

I say that, but I legitimately think Lucas is DLC now because of fan outcry. I think they underestimated his popularity (and Wolf's) and seeing the outcry on Miiverse (which was actually pretty high), brought him back.
This definitely, they probably assumed people wouldn't even notice the absence of Lucas.

Voted for the one and only Castlevania hero: Simon Belmont.

Whip as a weapon, fast and agile moveset.
Classic Sub-Weapons as the special attacks.

And finally ... Giant cross of vampire burning light as the ultra smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom